Percy Jackson-A Wizard ( Perc...

By Its_Called_Sarcasm

The Giant War had finally ended. Everything was peaceful, or as everybody thought so. Luke makes a sudden rea... More

Chapter 1- Percy
Chapter 2- Percy
Chapter 3- Annabeth
Chapter 4- Annabeth
Chapter 5-Percy
Chapter 6- Percy
Author's Note
Chapter 7- Percy
Chapter 8- Percy
Chapter 9- Harry
Chapter 10- Percy
Chapter 11- Percy
Chapter 13- Percy
Chapter 14-Percy
Chapter 15- Percy
Chapter 16- Harry
Chapter 17- Percy
Chapter 18- Percy
Chapter 19- Percy
Chapter 20- Harry
Chapter 21- Percy
Author Rant. Bear with me.
Chapter 22- Harry
Chapter 23- Percy
Chapter 24- Harry

Chapter 12- Percy

16.4K 590 214
By Its_Called_Sarcasm

Percy

There was usually pros and cons about everything. The case was same for Hogwarts.

The upsides consisted mainly of the food. Ever since Percy had found out that House Elves made their food, he'd been restless until Hermione finally took him down to the kitchens. Percy had mainly gone to give his 'compliments to the chefs', but was greeted with a pleasant surprise when he saw hundreds of huge tennis ball-like eyes peering at them when he entered.

Hermione had been quite happy when he had interacted with the houselves and talked and chatted with them. She'd given him a S.P.E.W. batch which Harry and Ron had later called 'the mark of being Hermione's true friend'. Percy had wanted to stay for more time in the kitchens, but Hermione had decided that he'd had enough once he started telling them what a Double Cheeseburger and Diet Coke was.

This, of course, had happened in the weekend after the first week of school. In the first week, many good things and bad things had happened. After food, the other good things were the comfortable beds and cushy armchairs, but also the fact that Percy had officially been selected in the little group that the Gryffindors had.

There were, the bad things, of course, over the week, or as they were generally called, the cons. Those mainly consisted of Percy staying back in the dormitory a little while longer just to look at his picture with Annabeth, which had been taken after the Giant War, or the one of his mom's wedding with Paul, where he'd been the best man. They were also moments when Percy opened up his bags and threw all his clothes out just to look at the CHB T Shirt right at the bottom of the trunk, hidden. Next to it a bag of gold Drachmas were kept, and Percy removed them to examine them, as if he had forgotten what they were.

These were the general 'I'm missing my family and friends' homesick moments, but more specifically, the week did have bad and annoying things.

The first happened on the first school day, after Percy had had a really good night's sleep in the beds at Hogwarts. He had woken up slightly late and had stumbled around to get ready. In the rush, had walked into The Great Hall, adjusting his tie, his hair looking slightly dishevelled and messy. But then again, his hair was always messy.

As he was sitting in his seat and had grabbed a piece of bacon, he heard a giggle. Not a 'I'm trying to suppress a laugh' giggle, but a schoolgirl giggle. As he turned his head around for the source, he finally saw a girl, who looked around sixteen, looking straight at him and giggling.

For a moment, Percy felt self conscious, as if she were laughing at his hairstyle or something equally ridiculous. But then, the girl winked at him and turned around, continuing to eat her breakfast and talking to her friends.

Percy felt slightly annoyed by that as he had a girlfriend, and the wink had revealed why she had giggled. When he turned around, he saw Ron grinning at him like a maniac.

"She's really pretty."

"No thanks," Percy said nonchalantly. "I have a girlfriend."

Everyone's head nearby in the table turned, and he could've sworn he heard a 'darn it' from someone.

Ron bent forward and asked, "Name and description please?"

"Uh," Percy said, feeling conscious of everyone's gaze. " Her name is Annabeth. Blonde hair, gray eyes. Really pretty. Very smart. As in, Hermione smart."

"Impressive. " Ron said.

Percy mumbled something in response.

Ron laughed, and then slowly the topic thankfully changed.

____________________________________

The other unfortunate events consisted of his lessons. While he was learning considerably fast, he didn't like sitting with the first years.

On the first morning, Professor McGonagall had called him aside and given him his schedule.

"It will change every month." she had said. "Every month, you'll start a new year's work. Excluding holidays, there are roughly seven and a half months in the school year. In the two weeks remaining, you will take your N.E.W.T.s with the other seventh years."

Percy had seriously doubted his ability to finish so much work in so little time, but he just nodded along to what Professor McGonagall said.

"You will be taught privately three days in a week, and the other two days, you will spend with the rest of the class."

As the week progressed, he found out that he would be tutored privately on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. During these lessons, he tried his best, and had pleased Professor Flitwick immensely with his perfect levitation spell.

"You got the Wingardium perfectly correct!" he had squealed after his second try.

Professor McGonagall had even given him a smile when he had successfully turned his ladybird into a button.

Herbology had been relatively easy, since he had seen some of the plants in Chiron's office, and Professor Sprout had been teaching well anyway.

Percy had wanted to attend Defense Against the Dark Arts, since it had been a famous subject in Hogwarts, but his first Defense Against the Dark Arts class, along with Potions, was not due till Thursday.

On Wednesday, he had gone for classes with the first years, where it had been unnervingly annoying. The girls blushed at every word he said and the boys just stared. He was already waiting to go the next class, where the kids wouldn't be so immature.

Apart from all of this, nothing interesting had occurred till Thursday. After replanting some vicious grapes, Percy was making his way to the dormitory, cursing, sure that Mr D had been the reason all of his replanted pots 'accidentally' fell down. After washing up in the dormitory, Percy made his way to his Defense Against the Dark Arts class.

If Percy had been expecting anything, it was well below his hopes. Most of the creatures he learnt about, he had already read about. The practicals were slightly more interesting, but Percy felt it would have been better if he had defeating the Grindylow he had with Riptide instead of his wand.

The teacher, Professor Powers, was a good teacher, but she had a mysterious aura around her. She was also very strict and didn't tolerate nonsense. Percy had a feeling she might have had known his mother, since she seemed like they might have gone to Hogwarts together, but Percy was too scared to ask her.

After Defense Against the Dark Arts, he had his first Potions class with Professor Slughorn.

When he entered the dungeon, where Potions was kept, he found Professor Slughorn waiting for him.

"Hello. Percy Jackson. I've heard a lot about you."

Not knowing how to respond, he just nodded.

" I knew your mother at school. Excellent student, but we don't talk about her much."

Don't talk about her much?

"Sir, may I ask why?"

His expression turned dark.

"She ran away, Percy. I don't want to tell you this, but she did. Right after Halloween that night."

He didn't need to ask which Halloween night he was referring to. He had read this in too many books.

"We never heard of until suddenly, she came back and now her son is joining Hogwarts. We heard about your, other life. Is it true?"

Percy nodded.

"Merlin's beard." he whispered. " I didn't believe Professor McGonagall at first, and I still don't fully believe you, but for creatures like that to exist, extraordinary."

"I couldn't believe it when I heard it either." Percy said.

He nodded. "Let's get to work."

Once they did start working, Percy found out that Slughorn wasn't always so serious and grim, but actually very lively and cheerful. He smiled when Percy made his first Potions in under ten minutes and left it to brew. As Slughorn taught him about how Bezoars and Shrubroots were important, he laughed a lot and told him of his past.

He showed Percy his little Hall of Fame, where all of his successful ex students were.

"I plan to take a group picture of this year's graduating class. Last year was hard, and they behaved very bravely here. They deserve to be on this wall, every single one of them."

"Even the Slytherins?"

Slughorn turned to him, amused. "M'Boy, you do realize I'm the Slytherin Headmaster right?"

"I do, and that's why I'm asking."

Slughorn smiled.

"Not all the Slytherins, but they're not evil. They just made some bad desicions."

____________________________________

Hey Guys.

So you know how I asked for 370 votes last chapter. IT REACHED 490, AND SO SOON! OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY I FEEL LIKE DANCING.

But first, let's quit the capital letters. They seem intimidating to me.

Anyway, please vote and comment, because I have a great chapter coming up soon, and you guys are going to love the twist. It's about three or four chapters away, and I'm so excited to write it! There's also another twist next chapter. So vote and I'll update as soon as I write the new chapter.

530 VOTES PLEASE?

Thanks.

Vote,

Comment,

Follow,

Anna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400 2 13
Harry Potter had a problem, Voldermort was back and more powerful than ever, even worse, nobody in the wizarding world believed him, except for a few...
1.9K 38 23
Had to re-upload (20k+ reads) || After the Second Wizarding War Octavia Lemaire changes schools. From Beauxbatons to Hogwarts a lot is different, esp...
40.3K 1K 46
After the war, everything changed. Not everything that Dumbledore tried to make happen happened. Wrong people died, wrong people lived. Dumbledore hi...
73K 1.3K 25
Percy had his day planned: eat, spend time with Annabeth and stay out of trouble. I can assure you that nowhere in that plan included getting a visit...