Dixon's Daughter • The Walkin...

By pizzadeliveryboy

Emma's mom has abused her for about 4 years now, one day she does the unthinkable which leaves Emma in a coma... More

Author's Note
1:My Mom USED to be normal
2:Fade
3:Rick Grimes
4:Rotting Dead People A.K.A Walkers
5:Car Alarm
6:Emma's House
7:Kings County Sheriff's Office
8:Hancuffed to the Rooftop
9:Dead Puppies and Kittens
10:Daryl Dixon
11:The First One Ive Ever Seen Bit
12:Its All My Fault
13:Center-Wide Decontamination
14:Where a Car Goes To Die
15: Survive Through The Night
16: You Like Him
18: Truth Is, I'm Petrified
19: Yeah, and A Lot Too
20: Dixons Never Cry
21: Beside the Dying Fire
22: Escaping Inmates
23: Walkers, Walkers, Walkers
24: Mother Dearest
25: Abuse
26: Unnoticeable
27: No Him, No Me
28: The Past is the Past
29: Bad Things, A Lot of Bad Things
30: The Locket
31: Colorful
32: Pay a Visit to The Governor
33: The Three Letters
34: Woodbury
35: Thirteen
36: The Attack and The Aftermath
37: Crush
38: Punches
39: Quarantined
40: Slut
41: Just a dream
42: Faked It
43: Everyones Got A Job To Do
44: Blood and Mucus
45: Gratitude
46: Marcus Radford
47: Accusations and Explanations
48: Too Far Gone
49: Three
50: Humanity
51: My Everything
52: The Truck
53: Last Moments
54: The Tunnel
55: Invincible
56: Explanations
57: Terminus
58: A
59: Heroic
60: Static
61: Black Smoke and Explosions
62: Reunions
63: Stars
64: Help
65: The Church
66: Water Jugs
67: Alone
68: Plans
69: Hugs and Hospital Rooms
70: Free
71: Floor Seven
72: Knife and Gun
73: Intimidating
74: Savior
75: Not Dead Yet
76: Unconscious Dreams
77: Twisted
78: The Funeral
79: The Sanctuary
80: The Coma
81: The Whole
82: Hostages
83: Soulmates
84: Whistle
85: Farewell, My Love
(A/N) farewell, *my* loves:((

17:Walker Ears, Best Friends, and Bloody Noses

3.2K 62 35
By pizzadeliveryboy

Emma's P.O.V

Here I am yet again on the couch, I need to learn to sleep where I'm supposed to. I need to go find Hershel and apologize to him about it.

"Hey Hershel." I said once I found him. 

He shifted his attention towards me. 

"I just wanted to say, I'm sorry that I keep falling asleep inside, once my dad gets here with the tent I will for sure be outside. I've just been so worried about Carl and I haven't left his side."

"Its okay, I completely understand you being worried and everything." He said and walked off. 

I heard the RV pull in, I run outside. Daryl is behind the R.V on his bike and I run to his side then I immediately wrap my arms around him. 

"Woah kid, whats gotten into you?" He chuckled as he hugged back. 

I laughed, I just kept waiting and waiting for Glenn to make a comment about me liking Carl. I know sooner or later Daryl is gonna think I do too. Pretty soon everyone is gonna think I do. Although he's only my best friend no matter how many times I tell people that. So far the only people that think so or who I believe to think so are Glenn, Rick, Lori, and maybe Shane. 

Speaking of Shane the fact that he came back without Otis creeps me out. Then he fed everyone some bullshit story at Otis's funeral, I mean rest in peace Otis. He was/is a true hero, he lost his life so Carl could keep his which I'm inexpressibly thankful for. I just don't think he died as Shane claims. I think Shane and Otis were stuck in a tight spot and Shane left Otis for dead so he could live. 

Maggie and Glenn are going on a run to the pharmacy today just to stock up on somethings. Lori doesn't know this but I know she asked Glenn to get her something specific. Now if I could just find out what exactly that would be great. 

Glenn and Maggie left on horseback. Daryl is going out again to look for Sophia even though he just got here. I see Andrea and Dale on top of the R.V standing watch. That just made me think of everything that happened back at the quarry. Then I thought back to what Carl said, he's right. Theres no way I could've known any of that would happen. 

With Daryl and Glenn gone and Carl cooped up in bed all day with people coming in and out to see him I decide to do something productive. I go to my dad's stuff to look for my bow, my arrows, and my throwing knives. I know he kept them, I told him to. I don't want anyone and everyone's greasy hands all over them. 

I finally found all of it. A knife was missing but thats not a big deal, it might've saved someone's life so I'm totally cool with it. I decided to practice with my knives first since I haven't used those in a longer time. I carve out a target in the tree with my knife like I usually did before all of this, I've done it many times so it was really easy. 

I made sure to go far enough away from the house so no one sees me but if something happens I'm close enough to where I'll hear it. I gained all my focus towards my aim and threw it. Almost a dead straight bullseye. I figure I'm doing pretty good with the knives so I decide to only throw about 10 more. Once I'm done with those 10 I move to the bow. I know I'll be good with it because I used it not too long ago, maybe three or four days ago. I stand there again gaining all my focus towards my aim and this time I got a straight bullseye. Right in the middle of everything. I clean up everything of mine and head back to the farm. 

I set all my stuff where Daryl set up, for whatever reason he distanced himself from the rest of the group. I know he can be rude most of the time but I know deep down he cares, I think he's just scared of potentially caring too much and losing someone. The thing about him and I though is he has a sweet spot for me, he's always nice to me. I get where he's coming from though, being too scared to care is an issue I've experienced. I eventually came over it though on the bright side. I think Daryl truly cares, he's just gotta funny way of showing it, me being the exception of course. 

I walk back to the farm and slip in unnoticed, no one even knew I was gone. I head to Carl's room to check in on him. When he's not there I get worried, so I immediately try to find someone who would know where he is. I see and approach Lori. 

"Hey Lori, have you seen Carl?" I ask with a slight sense of panic in my voice. 

"Oh yeah, he's around here somewhere. Hershel said he no longer has to be bedridden. Maybe check the R.V." She said, I just nodded in response. 

I watch as Lori walks over to a picnic table near the tents. She sits down and goes into what I assume is deep thought. 

My attention shifts towards a pissed off looking Maggie who is covered in blood. I wonder what happened so different this time. Last time they went on a pharmacy run they both returned completely fine and no covered in blood. Glenn is chasing after Maggie who is heading towards Lori. Glenn is also covered in blood. Maggie takes something from a bag and practically throws it at Lori from where I'm standing theres a pretty good distance from them to me and it looks like Maggie shouts something to her, Lori keeps her mouth shut and just lets it happen. I wonder what Lori did to piss her off so bad and does it have anything to do with the special request Lori had for Glenn. 

For the past few hours everything has been pretty laid back and calm. I still haven't found Carl and I've looked every where. I'm sure he's fine. 

I'm sitting by the R.V when Andrea shouts out "Walker!" I look in the direction of the supposed walker and as she shoots I realize that wasn't a walker and I think I know exactly who that is. I take off running for the person. I know Glenn, Rick, Shane, and T-Dog follow pretty close behind me. They know who it is too. As I come to the realization of what just happened I start to cry, she shot Daryl just like it was nothing. As I get closer I realize he's been knocked to the ground and I fear the worst so I speed up. I reach him and realize he's been through some crap. His side was bleeding, he was covered in dirt, and he has a necklace of walker ears. Thankfully the bullet just grazed him.  The other guys who came running finally catch up with me, they get him up from the ground and T-Dog realizes that Daryl found Sophia's doll. 

I run off back to the house once I know he's okay. I see red, all I see is red. She could've killed him. The more pissed I get the faster I become. Soon I'm running faster than I ever knew I could. Andrea has came down from the R.V and just stands there like she did something. You think she'd get the hint once five people take off running towards him. I get where everyone besides Andrea can see me and I tackle her. 

I put my hands on her shoulders pinning her down. No one did anything, no one tried to stop me, they were all frozen with shock. 

"You bitch! You almost killed him!" I screamed at her then punching her across the face giving her a bloody nose. "You ever do shit like that again and you'll have to deal with something way worse than a bloody nose." I said getting up in her face. "That punch was only a warning." I said as I got up and stormed off. 

I go to a bench that was on the porch. I sit there and stick my head in my hands and I just cry, I can't be strong right now. Theres no way of that happening. I just sit there and I can feel someone approaching. 

"Whoever you are, do yourself a favor and go away." I said with my head still in my hands. 

"No." The mysterious voice said. I'm not too sure who it is just yet.

"I said go away." I shouted while standing up quite quickly trying to intimidate whoever it was. He didn't move at all, he stood right on the porch. 

"And I said I'll never leave your side. Well you're the one who promised that, but I'm returning the favor." Carl said wrapping his arms around me and pushing down on my shoulders guiding me to sit with him. I was just in such a weak state both mentally and physically I sat with him.  

"Carl, how do I maintain sanity while trying to stay strong at the same time?" I asked through my tears. 

"I don't know... I've been asking myself the same question for the past few days now... but we'll figure it out together, deal?" He said while wrapping his arm around me which lead to me laying my head on him. 

"Deal." I said quite enough to where he was the only one that could her me. 

I'm literally so thankful for Carl. Without him I'd just be sitting alone on a bench crying to myself. I realize how great he is in this moment, like before I knew he was great but now I know on more intense levels. I twist in a weird way and wrap him up in a hug, I wrap my arms around him really tightly like I'll never let go. I plant my head in his shoulder and just cry into his shirt. Ever so often he rubs my back a little. This calms me down real quickly. When I'm all out of tears I look up at him. "Thank you." I said still staying quite. "Anytime." he said with a smile. I returned the smile. "I need to go see my dad now." I say leaving him to do whatever he chooses which could be coming with me or staying out there to do whatever. 

I finally find the room my dad was in and I run to him and hug him tightly, being cautious of his side of course. He hugs back but with one arm only, I assume the other arm hurts his side when he lifts it. 

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Hershel has already stitched me up." He said, and believe him, I'm good as long as he's alive and away from that bitch. 

"Im not, I know now that you're alive." I said. 

"I can tell you've been crying, you sure you're good?" He asked.  

"Yeah, I don't really want to go into detail about why I've been crying. Just know I'm good. Carl helped me with my problems." I said. 

"Carl?" he asked. 

"Yeah, he's my best friend. It was established that him and I are best friends already." I said. 

"So thats what Glenn was talking about." He said.

"What exactly did Glenn tell you?" I said angrily. 

"Oh, just earlier after you left earlier he accused you of liking Carl and that's what made you so happy, but you say you're just friends so I believe you." He said. 

"Okay, I need to break Glenn's leg now, I'm already pretty sure I broke Andrea's nose." I said blankly. 

"Wait you think you broke Andrea's nose? What did you do?" He asked.  

"She shot you so after I realized you were okay I acted appropriately, I coulda done something way worse. She is lucky that bullet only graised you. I ran here, tackled her, pinned her down, punched her in the face giving her a bloody nose which messed her up pretty badly, and warned her if she ever did it again she'd have something way worse than a bloody nose to worry about." I said

"I will have to deal with that later. That doesn't mean its okay though. Would ya send her in here?" He asked. 

"I'll get someone else to tell her, me being around that bitch isn't a good idea." I said as I got up to leave. 

"Language!" He shouted at me. I giggled at this. 

With that I was gone. Now I need to find Glenn to tell Andrea to go see Daryl. I found Glenn told him and she went to see him. I should've checked her for weapons first, don't want her to try to finish the job. 

I went and found Carl. The rest of the night I just stayed with him, at this point in my life, he's kinda everything to me. I know it sounds like I'm in love with him which has some truth to it, I do love him, but not in that way, in a friend way. Carl and I spent the night laughing and forgetting everything bad with the world. 

--------------------------------------------------------

I hope you've all enjoyed this chapter, its another long one. Lately I just haven't known when to stop. Now, I am aware my timeline is most likely messed up and these events didn't happen when I'm claiming they did in my story, thats the beauty of it though. Its my story and I want there to be uniqueness to it. Now, don't forget vote if you enjoyed and comment if you have anything to say, I read them all. 

Much love, the random girl who writes this story -<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 13.3K 57
"ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴜɪɴᴇᴅ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ" Cassandra was a doctor, before the turn. After being stranded alone for weeks, she's losing hope. That...
75.7K 2.8K 47
|Book Two of the 'Forever' trilogy| Sequel to 'Forever Alone // Carl Grimes.' "Your journey will be hard. It will test the limits to your love for th...
5.9K 167 26
Sadie-Mae and Rick Grimes make it out of the hospital after a struggle trapped them inside! Together they find their way out and into the world and i...
106K 2.6K 33
The Grimes twins were inseparable since birth. Raising hell with Shane Walsh all through grade school till graduation when the boys became cops and (...