Should Have Known (Camren)

By camzcaBAEo

Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello audition for The X Factor on the same day- by mere coincidence? Possibly... More

Should Have Known (Camren)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapted 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Author's Note
*Info*

Chapter 32

17.7K 318 840
By camzcaBAEo

I woke up early the next morning despite only receiving a few hours of sleep the night before. I felt well rested and for once I was actually happy to go downstairs and greet the girls. I didn't have to avoid Camila anymore, and it was a wonderful feeling. I skipped down the stairs and made my way into the kitchen where Ally was making breakfast as usual. Camila, Normani, and Dinah were all gathered around the table, laughing to themselves about a topic that I had evidently missed.

"Good morning guys," I chirped, pulling the orange juice out of the refrigerator and pouring myself a glass.

Ally stopped what she was doing and the rest of the girls became silent as they all stared at me in shock.

"What..." I worried.

"You're in an awfully good mood today," Ally observed.

I threw my hands up in front of me, feigning defense. "Oh, excuse me. I didn't know it was a crime to be happy."

"It's just...not like you. You're usually not a morning person. What's got you so excited?" she continued.

I casted a quick glance in Camila's direction and then joined her at the table, sliding into my usual spot next to her.

"Today just feels like a good day," I shrugged.

Ally shook her head in defeat and informed us that breakfast was ready. We all made our plates and then returned to the table, talking over one another as we discussed the day's events. I heard the door open and craned my neck to see the entryway, finding Tara shutting the door behind her after she let her self inside.

"Morning girls," she greeted as she made her way into the kitchen.

"Morning," we all said in unison.

"I've got some news for you all," she informed us, pulling up one of the barstools and turning it to face us.

"Is everything okay?" Normani asked.

Tara nodded and swiveled back and forth on her seat, a smile appearing on her face.

"Yeah, it's pretty exciting news actually," she assured us. "You all are aware that the EP comes out in October which is only a few months away. You've been working extremely hard and we could not be more excited to hear the finished product. The guys at Epic and Syco, along with your management team and parents decided that you could all use some time off."

I glanced at Camila who stared expectantly at Tara, waiting for her to say what we were all wishing for.

"We've booked each of you a flight home for the weekend," Tara finished. "You all leave tomorrow morning."

We all grinned in satisfaction, more excited than ever to go home to our friends and family.

"Be ready at four," Tara instructed, getting out of her seat and heading back towards the door.

We nodded in understanding and finished our breakfast, the main topic of conversation being what we would do when we returned to our hometowns. I gently nudged Camila under the table and she smiled in response. I didn't even have to say anything. We both knew what we would do when we returned to Miami, and both of us were overjoyed to have some time to ourselves to get things back on track.

...

"It feels good to be back," I sighed as Camila and I stepped into the humid summer air of Miami.

"Has it always been this hot?" she complained.

"Stop whining," I teased. "My parents will be here to pick us up any minute and we can head straight to the beach."

She dropped the bag that had previously clung to her shoulder and let it hit the ground with a thud, relieving herself of its weight as we stood on the sidewalk and waited for my parents to arrive at the airport. I became lost in my own thoughts, happy that we could finally be around each other without complications and excited about the plans we had made on the flight to Miami. We had a whole day planned out- from the beach to our familiar ocean side seafood restaurant to the movies. Whatever we did, I was just glad that we were on the road to being close again. I was happy to have her with me.

I saw my dad's car approaching in the distance and tugged on Camila's elbow, prompting her to pick up her bag and walk with me so that we could get to the car faster.

"Are you sure your dad doesn't mind giving me a ride home?" she worried.

"Camila, it's fine. You live like five minutes away from us," I dismissed.

"I know, it's just...I feel like we aren't on very good terms. The last time he saw us we were making out in your living room and before that he didn't want anything to do with me," she continued. "I don't want to push my luck, especially when we're right at the beginning of patching our friendship."

"Seriously, don't worry about it. It's not a big deal," I promised, squeezing her upper arm reassuringly.

My dad pulled up alongside us and I opened the trunk, placing our bags inside and then opening Camila's door for her out of habit. She slid to the opposite side of the car and allowed me in, and we were soon on our way home.

"How have you girls been?" my dad asked.

Camila and I shared a knowing look. It was as if we had read each other's minds. We hadn't been good. Nothing had been good for a long time. It was just getting back to that point, but I had failed to explain that to my parents.

"Good," I lied.

"How's the album coming along?" he pressed.

"Good," I answered again.

"You're not very talkative," he observed.

"Jet lag," I shrugged.

He didn't ask any more questions for the rest of the ride and we pulled up outside of Camila's house without a word. She got out and retrieved her bags, stopping next to my window long enough to say goodbye.

"I'll see you later," she reminded me.

I smiled as she turned and headed up her front steps, excited for our day to come.

"What does she mean she'll see you later?" my dad wondered.

"We were going to go to the beach and get something to eat," I explained.

"Not today," he said sympathetically. "You need to have dinner with your family tonight. We haven't seen you since your birthday."

"But dad, I'm only here for the weekend. That's just two days that we have to hang out," I argued.

"You live together," he chuckled. "You have plenty of time to 'hang out' when you get back to LA."

"No, dad, you don't understand. We-"

"You're staying in tonight and that's final," he concluded, cutting me off mid-sentence. "End of discussion."

I rolled my eyes and sank lower into the seat, making sure that my frustration with him was perfectly clear as we began the drive back to our house. We arrived moments later, and after collecting my belongings and lugging them up to my room, I said my proper hellos to my family and retreated to the back porch. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Camila's number, tapping my foot impatiently as I waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" she said on the other end.

"Hey," I reciprocated.

"Hey, are you ready to go?"

I shifted my weight to one foot and leaned against the railing, my shoulder's slumping in the realization that I'd be letting her down.

"About that..." I started.

"Great, what now?" she huffed.

"My parents are making me stay in tonight," I explained. "They want me to spend time with them and eat dinner at home."

She sighed into the phone and I could sense her frustration through the line. I hated to let her down. The last thing I needed was for her to lose trust in me because of cancelled plans, even if they weren't my fault. We were making so much progress and it seemed like the universe was intent on sending us ten steps backwards. I knew it didn't have to be that way. It shouldn't have been that way.

"You can come," I offered without thinking. "Come over for dinner."

"Your parents won't mind?" she worried.

"No, and if they do they can just deal with it," I decided.

"Lauren, I don't want to intrude..."

"Just come. Please?" I begged. "Stop worrying."

She was silent on the other end of the line for a good thirty seconds as she contemplated my offer, but after a while I could hear her relax and a smile spread across my face.

"Fine," she agreed. "I'll come."

"Yay!" I exclaimed. "Be here at six."

I clicked the phone off and shoved it back into my pocket, making my way back up to my room to get ready for dinner.

...

I skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen, smelling the fragrant odor of whatever my mom was preparing on the stove. I leaned against the counter and watched as she cooked, my attention on the front door as I waited for Camila to arrive.

"What are you making? It smells good," I asked my mom, swiping a chip out of the bowl on the counter.

"Tacos," she answered. "Please don't eat everything before it gets to the table."

She turned around to grab the salt off the counter behind me and stopped when her eyes fell on me. She looked me up and down and raised her eyebrows curiously.

"Why are you so dressed up?" she wondered. "It's just dinner."

I shrugged and pushed myself away from the counter, walking around the dining table to make sure everything was perfectly in place.

"I'm not that dressed up," I argued.

"That's debatable," she laughed. "You're wearing a dress and even took the time to do your hair. What's the occasion?"

"There is no occasion," I reiterated.

She rolled her eyes and went back to cooking, leaving me to anticipate Camila's arrival alone. The doorbell rang moments later and I sprinted to the front of the house.

"I'll get it!" I called, running as fast as I could to the door before anyone beat me there.

I unlocked the door and opened it to reveal Camila who was staring down at her feet, rocking back and forth nervously. She relaxed the second she saw me in the doorway and smiled.

"Aw, you look cute," she grinned, a friendly tone to her voice.

"Likewise," I returned, observing her in her high waisted shorts and blouse, a bow perched on top of her head as usual.

She stepped inside and I shut the door, gripping her wrist and leading her into the dining room.

"Camila..." my mom said, a shocked expression on her face. "How are you this evening?"

"I'm fine," she answered flatly. "How are you?"

"Fine," my mom nodded. "Lauren, honey, can I speak to you alone for a second?"

I stepped away from Camila and followed my mom into the hallway and out of earshot.

"Why is she here?" she asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"She's here for dinner," I explained. "We made plans but dad said I had to stay in for the night, so that's what I'm doing. I'm just doing it with Camila."

"You can't just invite people over without our permission, Lauren," she lectured.

"I didn't invite 'people.' I invited Camila. Besides, it's not like you didn't make enough food for everyone," I argued.

She groaned and stepped out of the hallway, evidently defeated. She called for the rest of the family to join us and they ran into the kitchen seconds later, each one just as confused to see Camila as the other.

"Camila's staying for dinner," I informed them.

No one argued so I took my place at the table, followed by Camila who found a seat next to me. We made our plates and began to eat in silence until my dad spoke up, relieving us of the tension in the room.

"So how have you girls been?" he asked.

"You already asked us that earlier," I reminded him.

"I know," he nodded. "I mean relationship wise."

Camila whipped around to face me, her brow furrowed and eyes narrowed in confusion. She gave me a questioning look and I immediately wished that my dad hadn't opened his mouth. No one in my family knew that Camila and I had split. They didn't know about Luis. They were obviously there when he came to visit in LA, but they didn't stick around long enough for us to inform them of our growing relationship. Everyone at the table was oblivious except Camila and myself, and I silently prayed that the conversation wouldn't head south as it had nearly every time before.

Luckily the doorbell rang before either of us could answer and I shot out of my chair and sprinted for the door, hoping that my dad would drop the topic in my absence. I shook my head to regain my composure before opening the door, surprised to find Luis on the other side.

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled into his shirt as he pulled me in for a hug.

"I heard you were back in town and I thought I'd stop by and say hey and maybe take you out to eat," he answered.

"Oh...that's sweet of you but my parents are making me stay in tonight. We're actually in the middle of dinner right now," I told him sympathetically, placing a hand on his bicep.

"That's okay, I just wanted to see you," he dismissed. "Are you busy tomorrow?"

I glanced back towards the kitchen where Camila was seated at the table and recalled our plans that had originally been cancelled. I wanted to see Luis while I was in town, but there was no way I could let Camila down again and expect her to just brush it off.

"Uh...yeah," I started. "I actually have plans with-"

"Luis? Is that you?" my dad called from the dining room, peeking his head around the corner and then starting forward when he observed Luis in the doorway.

He made his way over to us and pulled Luis in for a friendly hug, patting him on the back in greeting.

"Nice to see you again, Mr. Jauregui," Luis acknowledged politely.

"Why don't you kick your shoes off and stay a while?" my dad offered.

"Oh...no," Luis insisted. "I don't want to intrude."

"Come on, Luis. You know you're always welcome here. You have been for years. Come on inside and join us for dinner. There's plenty to go around," my dad prompted, wrapping his arm around Luis's shoulders and guiding him inside the house.

"I don't think that's a good idea," I blurted out.

They both spun around to face me before they reached the dining room and waited for an explanation.

"I just...you know, we already have company," I reminded my dad.

He scoffed and dismissed me with a wave, leading Luis towards the table.

"That's nonsense. What's one more mouth to feed?" he argued.

I sprinted past them and into the dining room, taking my place next to Camila and giving her a sympathetic look before they entered.

"Oh, hey Camila," Luis greeted.

Her face went totally pale upon hearing his voice, but she smiled warmly at him as he found a seat next to Chris. My dad settled back into his chair and continued eating. He swallowed and cleared his throat, turning his attention back to Camila and me.

"So as I was saying," he started. "How are you and Camila doing? How's the relationship going? Any trouble?"

"What?" Luis demanded, leaning forward in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest.

"You haven't told them yet?" Camila whispered.

"Told us what?" Taylor asked, overhearing our conversation.

I folded my hands in my lap and looked around at the expectant faces of my family members, trying to decide how to word my response without offending Luis or Camila.

"Uh...we um...Camila and I broke up," I stuttered.

"Holy shit," Chris gasped.

"When did this happen?" my mom wondered, ignoring my younger brother's behavior.

"Like three months ago," Camila answered quietly.

"And..." Luis pressed.

"And...Luis and I are kinda...we're together now," I finished.

My family sat silently as they processed what I had just told them. My parents shared worried looks and Camila just stared down at the napkin in her lap, unable to move or even speak.

"Talk about a plot twist," Chris chuckled, nodding in my direction. "I thought you and Camila would be together forever."

"Chris..." my mom scolded.

"Why didn't you tell us that you broke up when it happened instead of waiting until now?" my dad asked, a look of disappointment but also sympathy on his face.

"It wasn't important," I shrugged.

I regretted the words immediately after they left my mouth. Camila stood and pushed her chair out, keeping her head low as she collected her few belongings.

"I should go," she choked out, her voice cracking either from anger or sadness. "Thank you for dinner."

"Camz, wait," I pleaded, shooting out of my chair and grabbing her wrist to stop her.

She turned towards me and stared into my eyes for the first time in God only knew how long. When I looked back at her though, I didn't see her. The mask that she wore should have been evident from the get-go, but I was so blinded by the chance to salvage our friendship that I had let it go completely unnoticed until that moment. She had everyone convinced that she was okay on the outside, but on the inside she was broken. I didn't see the happy, quirky girl that I fell in love with. I saw a stranger, and it was all my fault.

"Don't call me Camz," she nearly whispered, too tired to raise her voice as she broke out of my grasp and headed for the door.

I stayed put until I heard the front door slam shut and I sprinted after her, desperate to try and talk it out before it was too late.

"I'm sorry," I said to Luis and my family as I ran off.

I opened the front door and stepped out onto the porch, watching Camila's shadow of a figure inch down my driveway.

"Camila, hold on!" I shouted.

She just kept walking. I ran down my front steps and into the yard, stopping about halfway down my driveway when I knew she could hear me.

"Please don't go," I begged.

"Give me one reason to stay," she demanded, turning around on her heels and continuing to walk backwards.

"Because I...you..." I trailed off, unable to come up with a valid reason that she should stay and be reminded of the hell that we went through so many months earlier.

"That's what I thought," she laughed, turning back around and walking down the street until I could no longer see her.

I took a deep breath and ran back inside, running into Luis who had evidently decided to follow me onto the porch.

"Is everything okay?" he asked, clearly concerned as I pushed past him.

"I have to make sure she's alright," I told him. "I'm sorry."

"You should just let her go," he suggested. "She's obviously angry for some reason. Just give her some space."

I shook my head and grabbed my keys off the counter, weaving around him as he clung to my side. "You don't understand."

He didn't understand. No one understood but me. I couldn't just let her walk away and throw away all the progress we had made. It was my last chance to rekindle our friendship, and I knew if I let her walk away that would be it.

"I just need to talk to her," I said. "I'll call you tomorrow."

I sprinted out the front door and got into my car before he could stop me, pulling out of the driveway and heading in Camila's direction. I drove along the dimly lit street for nearly half a mile before I located her several hundred yards away. I pressed the gas and sped over to her, slowing down when I was alongside her and rolling down the window to address her.

"Please get in the car," I begged.

She pulled her phone out of her back pocket and typed something on the screen, blatantly ignoring my request.

"Camila, come on. We need to talk about what just happened and that won't be possible if you don't give me a chance," I continued.

She kept walking forward as if I didn't even exist and I rolled my eyes, speeding up enough to travel a few yards ahead of her and parking the car along the curb. I got out and stomped towards her just as she passed.

"Please stop acting like an idiot and get in the car," I pressed as she walked ahead of me.

I started forward, picking up my pace to keep up with her.

"Dammit Camila!" I shouted, gripping her elbow and spinning her around. "Will you stop being a pain in the ass for like two seconds and listen to me?"

She bit the inside of her cheek and shifted her weight to one foot, poking her hip out and placing her hand on top of it as she waited for me to get on with it.

"I'm sorry for what happened back there, but I can't do anything to fix it if you get kidnapped from walking home alone at night," I said. "Will you please just get in the car? I'll take you home if that's what you want. Just let me drive you so I don't worry. Please."

She sighed and pushed past me, finally heading for the car after several failed attempts. I followed her and climbed into the driver's seat, turning the key in the ignition and pulling away from the curb.

"Can we talk?" I questioned nervously, worried that she would try to escape again if things went sour.

"There's nothing to talk about," she argued. "What's done is done."

"Then why are you so mad?"

"Because I don't really want to hear you say that our break up didn't matter," she answered bluntly.

"I didn't mean it like that," I assured her. "I just meant that it wasn't important for me to tell-"

"I know what you meant," she interrupted, staring out the windshield to avoid my gaze. "It's fine Lauren. Really. I get it. It was easy for you to move on and forget about it. It didn't matter how I felt. I know what you meant. I heard you loud and clear."

I looked at her out of the corner of my eye as I turned onto a side street and saw her wipe a tear off of her cheek. I knew she was hurt. She had every right to be.

"Can we go do something?" I asked her.

"No," she snapped.

I rounded the corner to my subdivision and pulled up a street away from my driveway, turning the car off and unbuckling my seat belt.

"Well, that sucks because we're doing it anyway," I insisted.

I stepped out of the car and met her on the passenger side. She rolled her eyes and leaned against the door, waiting for an explanation.

"Stay quiet and follow me," I instructed.

I ducked into the neighbor's yard with Camila hot on my trail and made my way towards my house, using the shrubs and fences as camouflage. We finally made it back to my house and I opened the back gate quietly, making sure the coast was clear before stepping inside. I sprinted to the shed that was situated in the corner of my backyard and opened the door as carefully as possible, pulling Camila inside and shutting it back behind me.

The room was cramped and pitch black, and the only sounds were Camila's breathing in my ear and the chirp of the crickets outside

"Why exactly are we in your shed?" she wondered.

"It's not exactly a shed," I told her, sifting through my dad's workbench until I located a flashlight and clicked it on. "My mom uses it for...storage."

I used the light to scan the shelves in front of me, reading the labels on various wine bottles as Camila pressed closer to me to see what I was doing.

"Lauren..." she protested when she finally caught on. "I'm not in the mood to drink."

"Do it anyway," I replied flatly.

I located a bottle and pulled it off the shelf, blowing the dust off of it as I turned it over in my hands.

"Won't your parents notice?" she worried.

"Probably, but it's for a good cause."

I cracked the door just a hair and looked outside to make sure no one was watching, stepping quietly outside with Camila following close behind me when I noticed that the coast was clear. We made the journey back through the neighbors' yards and ended up safely back at the car. I climbed inside and shoved the bottle under the seat while Camila took her place back in the passenger side

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"The park," I answered.

I pulled back onto the road and drove through the neighborhood until we reached the playground, unoccupied at that time of night. I parked out of sight from the street in case anyone recognized my car and alerted my parents. Camila got out and I retrieved the bottle, stepping in front of her to open the gate and letting us inside.

"This is stupid," she scoffed.

I shrugged and climbed up the metal play structure, sitting criss cross at the top. "Probably."

Camila joined me and sat across from me, stretching out her legs to get comfortable.

"Would you like to do the honors?" I offered.

She shook her head no and I knocked the cork against the ground. It popped out and I took a swig of the bitter-sweet liquid, passing the bottle to Camila and wiping my mouth with the back of my hand when I was done. She took a sip and sat the bottle between us, leaning her head against a pole and staring straight at me.

"Why are we doing this? I imagine you didn't bring me here to talk," she observed.

"No, I didn't. Not about what happened earlier anyway," I agreed.

"Then what?"

"Whatever comes out," I said, retrieving the bottle and taking another sip.

We sat like that for several minutes, passing the bottle back and forth until it was almost empty and I could barely see straight. I repositioned myself so that I was laying down on the cold metal floor of the structure, staring up at the night sky that was hidden with the threat of a summer thunderstorm.

"Come lay with me," I instructed, patting the space next to me and feeling Camila's warmth as she joined me.

We watched the sky as the clouds rolled across it, each of us buried by our own thoughts.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I asked.

"The sky?" she questioned.

I nodded.

"It's covered by clouds," she pointed out.

"I know. It's beautiful."

"You're drunk," she chuckled.

"So are you," I argued, my vision blurred as I turned my head to face her.

"No I'm not," she argued.

I furrowed my brow in confusion and she let out a soulful laugh which caused my heart to flutter in my chest.

"You drank pretty much all of it, Lo," she informed me, picking up the bottle and shaking the last few drops around.

I took it from her hands and emptied the contents onto my tongue, feeling the liquid drip down the back of my throat.

"Oh," I laughed. "I guess I did."

She sat up and turned around so she was facing me, still laying down but propped up on her elbow. I watched as the breeze picked up and blew through her hair, whipping her dark waves around as she tucked a strand behind her ear. Even in my drunken haze I could tell how hypnotizing her eyes were and I stared straight into them.

"You're beautiful," I told her.

She blushed and looked away from me, smiling down at her hands which toyed absentmindedly with the shoulder strap of my dress.

"You're drunk," she repeated.

"You're still beautiful," I insisted, reaching my arm across my chest and picking up her hand.

She let me intertwine our fingers but avoided my gaze, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Do you want to kiss me?" I asked.

Her attention jumped to me and her eyes landed on my lips, but she quickly looked away.

"I always want to kiss you," she admitted.

"Then why don't you do it?"

"Because," she sighed. "You have a boyfriend and it wouldn't be right."

I pushed myself off the ground and propped myself up on my elbow so that we were face to face.

"He doesn't have to know," I mumbled.

Her gaze returned to my mouth and she looked as though she would give in at any second. I knew she wanted to. She was going to, I knew she was, but she shook her head to clear her thoughts and backed away.

"No," she argued. "That wouldn't be right. You don't want to kiss me anyway. You won't remember any of this tomorrow."

I picked up my hand and traced circles up and down her arm, biting down on my bottom lip as chills appeared on her skin.

"Then why don't we do other stuff," I suggested mischievously.

"W-what do you mean other stuff?" she stuttered.

"I don't know, like...fun stuff," I shrugged, sliding my hand down her abdomen and slipping my finger through her belt loop.

I pulled her closer to me and sat up, repositioning my hand so that it rested on her thigh. I leaned in closer to her so that our lips just barely brushed against each other and I could feel her breath against my skin, smelling like the tiny bit of alcohol she had consumed. I moved my hand over her center and unbuttoned her shorts, but just as I was about to slide my fingertips inside she jerked back and stood up.

"No, Lauren, this is wrong," she panicked. "We can't do this."

She buttoned her shorts and I leaned against the structure, poking out my bottom lip so she knew that I was unhappy with her.

"Why not?" I whined.

"Because I love you, Lauren!" she shouted. "Do you not get that? I'm still in love with you and I'm not going to let you fuck me if it means nothing to you. It doesn't mean anything to you. That's the point. You have Luis and you're too drunk to remember who he is and you don't know what you're doing."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, reaching out for her but letting my hand fall into my lap when she didn't accept my offer.

"You know..." I started, my speech barely audible, "it doesn't matter how drunk a person gets...a little part of them always knows what they're doing."

She looked away from me and shook her head.

"No," she sighed. "You don't know what you're doing to me, Lauren. You have no idea."

She reached down and took my hand, helping me to my feet. I wobbled but she held onto me, leading me across the structure and to the only set of stairs.

"Camz, wait..." I muttered.

"It's time to go," she instructed, guiding me to our destination as I struggled to keep my balance.

"No, Camz...I...I don't feel good," I whined, breaking free from her grasp.

I swayed back and forth as black spots began to dance in my vision, obscuring my view of Camila. I felt my knees buckle underneath me, and the last thing I remembered before everything went black were her tiny arms wrapped around my body, holding me tightly and keeping me safe.

...

I groaned as the morning light pierced my eyelids and caused my head to ache in a way I never knew to be possible. I rolled over on my side and felt a small hand slip under my shirt to rub my back. I turned my head to face the owner and was surprised to find Camila wide awake in the bed next to me, sitting with her back against the headboard.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily, my voice scratchy from sleep.

"Like six," she answered, crawling out of the bed and straightening the sheets where she had been laying.

"How did I get home last night?" I continued, looking around the room and noticing that I had somehow made it back to my own bed.

"I drove," she shrugged.

"You can't drive," I reminded her.

She smiled weakly and collected the few belongings that she had with her. "I didn't have much of a choice."

"W-what...when did I...did I pass out?" I stuttered.

She nodded. "Do you not remember?"

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and tried to adjust to the light, squinting through the brightness as I studied her.

"The last thing I remember is laying down to look up at the sky. Everything after that is black," I admitted.

"Wait..." she said quietly, turning towards me and crossing her arms over her chest defensively. "You don't remember anything after that? Nothing at all?"

I shook my head no and she set her jaw, biting down hard on her back teeth to keep from opening her mouth, but I wasn't sure why.

"Why?" I asked. "Did I make a fool of myself?"

A cold chuckle escaped her lips, sending chills down my spine, and she turned towards the door.

"No," she assured me. "If anything you made a fool of me."

Camila, wait. I don't-"

"You were drunk," she interrupted. "I knew you wouldn't remember any of it anyway. Don't worry about it...you never really have in the past."

She walked out and slammed the door behind her, causing my head to pound and my heart to race as she walked out on me yet again.

I curled back up in the sheets and closed my eyes, too confused and too exhausted to go after her for the first time since I'd known her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 166 19
20 year old Camila Cabello is a working dog sitter with a dream to make it big on Broadway. It has been her dream since she was little. It was also S...
1.4M 27.7K 43
Lauren is instantly mesmerized by Camila during boot camp on x factor. When the girls go on tour her feelings start to develop more. Will she act on...
522K 11.2K 32
Lauren and Camila meet at a popular strip club. Ensue the one night stand, but what happens when feelings are caught? Camila thinks she has Lauren fi...
5K 193 12
Hi!!! My name is Ruby. Well this is my first book ever! I decided on making it fanfic/Camren because what inspired me to write were the Camren fanfic...