Always (Roronoa Zoro One Piec...

By Catnistic

White as a Sala flower, tall as the pine tree, this oddity of nature will swing her sword right through you... More

Always (Roronoa Zoro FanFic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 7

3.1K 106 139
By Catnistic

Chapter 7

Katou's POV

ITS SATURDAY!!!

This means... Time to earn some cash... For Leah... Because I don't need it.

I owe a favour to a girl named Leah, she left for a vacation for two months to reunite with some pirate named Mark or Markesh... Marco! So I kindly volunteered to take over.

And you know what she does?

She's the referee at the underground sword fights in Hokoshinji! Or USF!They have three main bases: Hokoshinji (the closest one to here), Yokotokki and Tsuba.

Most fighters travel around each base and play different opponents but some fighters stay at one base and fighters come to them; they're the pros.

I go watch them when I'm bothered. Sanji doesn't know that I go to the fights occasionally. He doesn't even know about USF, he probably thinks I just galavant for three hours.

And now I get to stand in the ring and call out names! I've always wanted to do it!

I can't bring my sword though...

I would participate in them but women aren't allowed. Believe me I've protested numerous times.

Not to mention I have to wear a dress- EW. Thank god for printed stockings and sleeves.

💜💜At USF💜💜

Dear baileys it's crowded in here...

"Miss Natsumi!" I voice called out for me and I turned around.

"Oh hey Chikoro, you got the list for me?" I asked the short spiky haired boy.

"Yup. Here you are Miss Natsumi!" He handed me a piece of paper.

•Eron The Deflector vs. Sharpener Cross

If there is a sharpener does that mean there is a rubber?

These guys get dubbed really corny names. Not like it's their fault. Audience chooses, so I do actually feel some sympathy for them. I haven't come across many that sound normal...

•The Chaos Kyle vs. Tsubari Shifter.

• Haju The Lady Killer vs. Roronoa Zoro

Man they have long names... Lady Killer, how stupid!

No wonder Leah got cash out of this.

Wait, wait, wait, wait. Fucking wait.

"Chikoro!" "Yes Miss Natsumi?"

They only know my last name here, makes me feel like the superior smurf. Mother smurf.

"Why is Zoro on this list?" I asked squinting in the dark basement.

"You know him? He is one of the fighters. It's his second time here in Hokoshinji. Apparently he moved to this area so this will be his 'home ground', he is known to pretty much everyone since he's pro. He is known to only lost one battle, that was to Hawkeye Mihawk at an encounter west of the island. I think Hawkeye was even surprised he got away alive."

"HE FOUGHT MIHAWK!!" I squeaked and Chikoro flinched.

"Ye-yes Miss Natsumi, I'm surprised you haven't heard of him. He is really scary... He uses three bloody swords." Chikoro looked like he was shaking. Hehe, when you hear this small timid little thing swearing you know it's something serious.

"Oh I know, I fucking bloody know that he uses three motherfucking swords!" Now my cussing problem has come to say hi. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IM ANGRY.

(д;)=3=3=3 Katou: Flippin' this shit -__________-

So the final match is about to start and I think I've done really well! I should do this more often.

I'm actually kind of nervous... Why didn't Zoro tell me?

I suppose it never really came up and I shouldn't be upset but really...

I'm more interested in the fact that he fought Mihawk and he is alive. Mihawk only lets those live if he see true determination and skill in them.

You're crazy if you choose to fight him.

Zoro is really that good?

Now that I think about it he is the only one who uses his real name! I'll have to ask him why.

"Now ladies and gentleman, the event of the night, the show stopper." I watched the audience pipe down and listen.

"Haju The Lady Killer, prince of Hokoshinji, crowd favourite and from namesake the ladies choice." I hear shouts from the crowd and I pull a smile trying not to gag.

On cue a sandy haired boy came out of one of the gates, an eye patch over his right eye and a short sword in his left hand.

He was wearing a full blown costume that looked ridiculous and screamed 'douchbag'.

He only looked sixteen, maybe Zoro will go easy on him... Actually wait- probably not...

"Versing... Only defeated once, scary as hell, green haired monster... Drum roll please! Roronoa Zoro..." As I said his name I smirked and turned around to see Zoro causally walk out of a door with his trademark green pants and white t-shirt.

He looked very relaxed until he saw me with the microphone and a face that was obviously trying not to laugh.

"Katou?" He looked confused, haha, poor bastard.

I waved at him and winked.

He looked a little confused so I walked over to him and whispered in his ear.

"Don't get thrown off." He scoffed and tied his bandana and smirked at me.

"And why would I get thrown off?" I smiled and walked back to the corner of the arena and pulled the microphone down from where it was hanging. You know those ones they have in boxing, big giant silver ones that hang from the roof. I feel like I should be wearing a suit and tie instead of a right red clubbing dress and fishnet stockings, they were the only thing that would actually cover my legs!

"Okay folks! Are you ready to see some swordplay?" I asked slyly looking at Zoro who put his white sword in his mouth and winked at me. Don't blush, don't blush. Stupid fucking hormones... Stupid teenagerism. Ha! New word! teenagerism... I should write a dictionary! Like a... FICTIONARY! Yes, bloody hell yes.

"Let's play clean boys, no deep cuts, no dismembering limbs, no kills. Nothing to end you up in hospital... If your looking for that shit go challenge a pirate." I said seriously.

I saw Zoro extract his two swords and I held up the announcers gun (so wish it was a real gun) and pulled the trigger.

I heard the slash of steel on steel.

The Haju guy made the mistake of attacking Zoro head on and got a cut on the head from the sword in his mouth. Seriously how does he do that?

"Point one, Roronoa!" I shouted.

Every time you hit your opponent you get a point. The 'killing' blow to end the game is by slashing the skin over your heart.

You must always have the intention to kill, but not going through with it in USF.

Xiou always taught me even if your not aiming to kill you must have the intention. I think Zoro knows that too.

If no one gets the heart we just tally the points at the end of the time limit. The time limit is one and a half hours, it's usually over before then depending on the opponents.

"Break time! Point five to Roronoa! Point zero to Haju!" I announced.

I looked at Haju and he was sweating and looked beaten, he hadn't landed a single blow on Zoro and it was only twenty minutes into the fight.

I walk over to Zoro and he looked bored.

"Why did they put me with an armature?" He didn't bother looking up, I'm guessing he though I was the manager on sight.

"No idea." He looked up and glared at me.

"Why are you here? Are you stalking me?" He asked folding his arms over his chest.

I burst out laughing.

"I'm not stalking you! You're such a moron! I'm just doing this because I owe a favour to someone. And I come watch the fights some times. Not to mention come train here when I want in Hokoshinji. These boys here rely on me for a good fight. I didn't know about this until I read your name on the list." I laughed and then added seriously. "I will be talking to you when this is over."

He looked at me and back at his swords and smiled. Second time!I'm counting.

"It's weird seeing you in a dress, it seems kind of short for you." "SHUT UP ITS DRES CODE!"

I pulled the microphone down and shouted.

"Round two! STARTO!"

Haju attacked Zoro's side and he just stepped aside letting Haju fall to the ground.

Zoro slashed his back lightly, as the rules say.

"Point 6 Roronoa!"

Haju got up and Zoro looked as if he was about to fall asleep.

So he did what I would do in his case. He ended the game by slashing his shirt right on his heart twice leaving an X mark.

"GAME POINT! Roronoa Zoro wins."

I walked to Zoro and held his hand up and the crowd cheered with a tiny squeal of boos from all the women of Haju's 'harem'

"C'mon! Let's go!" I shouted over everything and he nodded saying. "That fight wasn't even worth my bandana." "That is so lame Zoro, don't say that line again."

We walked out into Hokoshinji's park taking the short cut into Masakuto (our small forest) it was probably about a fifteen minute walk to the entrance of the forest.

I was sitting on Zoro's shoulder as usual giving direction to him of where to go. I kinda feel like Yachiru from my favourite manga 'BLEACH' oh my muffins! That means Zoro is Kenpachi! Now that I think about it I could totally see it...

He still hadn't taken his bandana off his head so I took it off without untying it and put it on my head, it was too big but meh.

"I'm Roronoa Zoro and my hair is green, I have three swords, three earrings! Three is my favourite number! I say macho macho things to everyone because I'm so macho!" I said in a mock Zoro voice.

I could see a vein in his head, he grabbed his bandanna and stopped to tie it to his arm.

He looked up and glared at me and I poked my tongue out at him.

"I don't have a favourite number and I don't sound like that." He mumbled and sighed.

"Alright, let's play that question game!" I clapped my hands changing the subject.

He simply nodded his head.

Is there no communication tonight or something?

"What's your least favourite food? Mine is spring onion and chives." I said feeling the sudden urge to kick him, that's mean considering he didn't do anything wrong. Guess I'm going to hell then.

"I hate chocolate." He said suddenly alarming me, causing me to fall off his shoulder.

"You... Don't... Like... Chocolate!" I said dazed sitting on the garden path.

He laughed and lifted me up.

"Yup. I just don't like the taste." He said sitting me back on his shoulder.

"What kind of food do you like then?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Apples." He said very serious and I tried not to laugh.

"Seriously?! You don't like chocolate... But you like apples?!" I exclaimed throwing my hands in the air.

"I like oranges too." He said looking up at me (aww he looks like a puppy!) and I just stared a him like he grew another head.

"Why are you staring at me like that anyway..." I placed a hand on my hip crossly and he looked away quickly. "You-you just look different tonight!" He blushed and I laughed at him.

Zoro's POV

I can't believe she was so offended at the fact that I didn't like chocolate... She's so strange...

"What's your favourite food then?" I ask her as she glared at some other guy walking by who looked at her with his dirty eyes.

"I love pizza! Pizza, pappadams, purple! Pe pe pe!" She jumped up and down almost falling off.

"Okay... That's... Nice..." I grabbed her waist so she would stop jumping up and down.

💚💜AT MASAKUTO (MIDNIGHT NOW)💚💜

We sat at a bench in front of a lake in Masakuto.

Masakuto isn't really a town, just a giant big forest with a high school in the middle of it.

"DUCKIE!" Katou suddenly she shouted jumping off the bench when she saw a duck waddle out of the lake.

She went to grab it but it flew away in fright...

That means Katou landed straight in the lake.

"Eww..." Was all she said.

"Are you okay?" I ask going to the edge of the lake.

"I'm kind of stuck..." She said treading water.

"What do you mean?" "Well... I landed between two giant logs and I can't get out."

Oh my bloody swords...

I shook my head and started to take my shoes off.

"W-what are you doing?" She asked with wide eyes. I better hurry, she looks like she's shaking.

"Coming to get you." I said simply taking my shirt off.

I looked at the water an then at her, she looked down and I laughed at her, she looked up, poked her tongue out at me and said. "Your abs are staring at me." I just shake my head at her.

What will I do with this women?

I walked in the lake slowly and when I reached the log she was trapped at I grabbed her arms and pulled her up until she was over the log. By this point she had been shaking a lot.

So I picked her up like she weighed nothing (she really didn't weight anything)

She closed her eyes and said in a shaky voice.

"J-just b-because your b-b-buff doesn't mean you have to pick me up all the t-time."

"Shut up, your going to catch hypothermia if I don't get you out of here soon."

When I got her out of the lake she was soaking wet and we were still a good ten minutes from her house.

I picked my shirt up from the ground and passed it to her.

"Put this on." I turned around and folded my arms. "L-Lucky you have a big shirt..."

If she chases anymore ducks I'll just have to carry a wardrobe with me.

"Y-you can turn around."

I turned around and she had her arms under the shirt so you couldn't see them.

I sighed not bothering to argue about her arms and we walked in silence to her house. "Please walk in front of me Zoro..." "Huh, why?" She held her dress up and I blushed. "Stockings don't cover everything, my butt is exclusive now go in front of me." "WHAT? YOUR BUTT IS EXCLUSIVE HAHAHA!" I burst into laughter and she pushed my back forward using her forehead. "Just move!"

Forget her butt, won't she show her arms?

We got to her house and she turned back to me and did the last thing I would expect.

She leaned close and kissed my cheek.

I think I may have gone into shock...

"Thank you Zoro. I'm sorry."

She turned around and I called to her.

"Don't be! Just promised you won't chase anymore ducks!"

"I promise!" She called back.

Weird kitty... My weird kitty.

A/N I'm just going to remind you she is a human and not a smurf XD oh yeah, that butt scene wasn't the original scene.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 563 39
A year after the historical war between the Whitebeard fleet and the Marines, the revelation that the One Piece truly existed sparked a new wave of a...
25.7K 447 41
The way that two lovers meet will leave an engravement in their souls forever. Well for these two, you'll never forget the awkward way they met and t...
20.9K 495 29
Luffy and the crew must act quick to stop vicious pirates from attacking Usopp's village, but these pirates are like no others. Known for their cruel...
123K 3.2K 40
|COMPLETED| gentle reminder! I don't know the plot of one piece, I've only watched the live action and became obsessed with the zoro from said live a...