Cheating Destiny

By mangosherbert01

When the dust from the Great War settles, the worlds are finally at peace. But what happens if everything is... More

Sora (The Beginning)
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Riku
Leon
Zack Fair
Cloud Strife
Axel
Roxas
Reno Sinclair
Genesis Rhapsodos
Chapter One: Vanitas
Prophetic
Taking A Chance
Becoming A Hero
Wanted
Midgar
Third Class
Fire
Breaking Down
What We're Fighting For
The Return Of Boris
Flying Solo
Inside Source
War
The Truth
Fire and Ice
School Days
Naminé
Follow Your Heart
The Door
Reunion
You've Got A Friend In Me
Cave of Wonders
Growing Darkness
Opposites Attract
Reset Button
Banora
Gongaga
A Sense of Comfort (Part I)
A Sense Of Comfort (Part II)
Teamwork
Ven
We All Have A Part To Play
Escalation
Crisis Control
Deep Jungle [Noctis]
Port Royal [Zack]
Halloween Town [Axel]
Traverse Town [Sora]
Wonderland [Cloud]
Hollow Bastion [Genesis]
Agrabah [Leon]
Atlantica [Reno]
Enchanted Dominion [Riku]
Twilight Town [Roxas]
Neverland [Vanitas]
Castle of Dreams [Ven]
Hush-Hush
Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid
A Day In The Life
Fade to Black
13:7
Balance
Haunted
Liberated
Capricious
Back to Basics
A New Normal
Falling
Run
Facing Fate
Back To Where It All Began
When Two Become One
Fight For Your Life
Retribution
Rest and Rehabilitation
What Lies Ahead
Disney Town
The Final Chapter
So This Is Love
The End
Sora's Ending
Riku's Ending
Cloud's Ending
Leon's Ending
Genesis' Ending
Noctis' Ending
Reno's Ending
Zack's Ending
Axel's Ending
Roxas' Ending
Ven's Ending
Vanitas' Ending

A Deep Breath, And Then...

1K 52 98
By mangosherbert01

A/N: Just rewatched KH: Back Cover (the animation is SO GOOD omg) and Master of Masters is legit a freaking boss and if he's not in KH3 I'm gonna stage a revolt. He's like the Deadpool of Kingdom Hearts.

So, yeah. Look him up if you have no idea who I'm talking about, OR watch Back Cover because I'm gonna be using that as my inspiration for the rest of the series ^_^

Also this chapter is REALLY short but the next couple ones will be loooooong

Thanks so much for the awesome feedback on my idea for a new series btw! I guess I'll start brainstorming~

<>

What does one eat the night before they leave for war?

It's a question you never, ever thought you'd ask yourself. Yet, here you are, standing in a kitchen as you mull over your choices. Yuffie was all but demanding something fancy, such as steaks or lobsters, while Xion wanted something light, like salad. Kairi and Namine were as easy-going as ever, which left you and Aqua stuck to decide.

After throwing out countless suggestions, you all landed on [insert meal]. You don't really care if the guys want it or not, since they aren't the ones cooking.

Thankfully, it doesn't take too long to prepare, so you're soon all seated together. The room smells amazing, and is filled with the sound of lively conversations, silverware scrapping on dishes, and the occasional guffaw of laughter.

You take a moment to glance around the room, a small smile growing as you watch these people you truly love so much, all together, all happy. It's enough to cause tears to form, as your heart suddenly lurches uncomfortably.

Tonight is filled with laughter and happiness.

But tomorrow... what will it be filled with?

Pain? Blood? Death?

You stare down at your plate, suddenly not very hungry.

It's not fair. You're not ready for this.

"Remember, [Name]?"

The sudden nudge of your side by someone's elbow draws you from your self-loathing thoughts, glancing up with a frown when you realize the whole table's staring at you.

"Huh?" you ask, glancing over at Zack with a somewhat dazed expression.

"We're talking about when we all first met! Remember – when me and Cloud scared you?" he asks with a wide grin.

"Oh," you trail off with a laugh, remembering all too well the weirdoes you saw lurking in the shadows of Twilight Town. "Yeah, I remember you two stalked me. Then I saw Axel talking to himself."

"I was talking to a Nobody," Axel replies, as if that's any better.

"And we weren't stalking you. We were following Roxas," Cloud corrects.

"It felt a lot like stalking. You guys were everywhere," Roxas notes.

"You call it stalking, I call it love," Zack retorts before stuffing his face with food.

"And just think – someday, we'll all be looking back to this exact moment," Yuffie points out with a knowing grin. "The night before we saved the worlds."

"I'll cheers to that!" Sora decides, holding up his cup of juice.

You all pause for a moment before breaking out in smiles and doing the same. All of your cups meet in the center, an overwhelming feeling of love and support surrounding you and everyone simultaneously calls out: "Cheers!"

"God, we're lame," Riku realizes, taking a swig of his water.

"Wouldn't have it any other way, though," Ven counters. "I like being lame."

"Me too," you agree happily.

All doubt's instantly washed away. Your emotions are on such a roller coaster, it's hard to keep track. But ultimately, you always fall back to this feeling, one of peace and confidence.

Whenever you question your part in this, or your ability to win, you always end up remembering your first encounter with Zack and Cloud... meeting everyone else back at Headquarters... being saved by Axel as he left the Organization, only to save him in return... watching Ven, Terra, and Aqua come back to life... standing off against Vanitas' replica, only for him to disappear into nothingness... finally meeting the real person behind the mask, and learning to cherish him – faults and all... learning of your true role in this battle, and watching as two friends fall to the darkness...

It's for them. They're why you fight, and they're the people who will be by your side in the end, no matter what happens. You fight to remember the good, so that you can endure whatever life throws at you together.

"Hey," you call out, wiping a tear from your cheek as you start to smile. Everyone looks at you with confused expressions, wondering why you're crying yet happy. "I love you guys. And I know you're all just gonna make fun of me for crying once this is all over... but I don't care. I still love you."

"Aw. So sappy," Noctis teases, chuckling as you shoot him a glare.

"Definitely gonna make fun of you later," Leon adds.

"I know," you reply with a grin.

You wouldn't have it any other way.

[♥]

The sun falls over the vast canyons and jutting mountains, bathing the land in a soft, pale glow. Shadows extend just beyond each ragged hill, dancing and intertwining as the sun slowly moves higher and higher. What light remains reflects off of endless metal, a sharp, blinding light greeting anyone unlucky enough to be stuck in such a place.

The remnants of a terrible war fought, left here – alone and forgotten – as their owner's bodies have long since vanished.

It's been more than ten years since this place has seen bloodshed. And now, it prepares for one, final battle – one that was started ages ago, and will finally be finished.

"I should have known I'd find you here."

Xehanort glances over his shoulder, finding his young self perched on a tall boulder behind him. One of his knees is tucked into his chest, watching his older self with a completely blank expression.

"Don't you have an assignment to finish?" Xehanort asks.

"I'm done," YX (Young Xehanort... -_-) replies, dropping his leg so that his hands fall into his lap, leaning his head back against the rock behind him. "They're not easy to crack."

"Try harder then," Xehanort snaps, not in the mood for excuses.

"All due respect, I fail to see the merit in such actions. What's the harm in leaving them alone and just letting them fight?" YZ presses, not in the mood to be bossed around.

"If you want to be the one who dies, be my guest."

YZ's lips curl up in a lopsided smirk as he hops off the boulder, walking towards his hunched-over other. He practically towers over him at this point.

"They'll be the ones to die. Not us," he argues. "They're growing suspicious that someone's watching them, in their dreams. It's backfiring."

"Then maybe they're more perceptive than I've given them credit," Xehanort responds with a heavy sigh. "Fine. Cease the meddling."

"Already did."

Xehanort rolls his eyes, grumbling to himself about the young man's poor attitude.

"Is everything prepared?" YZ asks, looking down at the old man.

"Yes. My failure of a protégé is effectively sealed away. And Terra has proven himself to be too weak to break free. Again."

A smile grows on YZ's face, peering out at the expansive valley as a burst of wind blows his hair back.

"Then now, we wait."

"Now, we wait," Xehanort agrees with a nod.

They fail to notice a man standing atop the highest peak, dressed all in black with his face hidden in the dark shadows cast from his hood. His Keyblade is placed in the ground, half of his body weight resting against it as his head remains low.

A lone blue eye blinks, taking in the scene.

It's almost time.

I can hardly wait.

To watch how this all ends.

[♥]

~ooOOOoohhhH~

Finale starts next chappie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87K 2.1K 50
The third book in the Seasons Series begins. Things seem to cool down as Christmas approaches, and what better way to spend the holidays then with yo...
8K 326 17
In a sleepy town, five young women are murdered. The investigation takes the town's inhabitants to a dark world revolving around four mysterious newc...
55.3K 971 13
This is the classic popular boy (Sora) becomes friends with not-so-popular boy (Roxas) and they are thrown onto the teenage ride of puberty, friendsh...
2.6K 33 56
Kingdom Hearts OC-centric fanfic. A girl with a troubled life finds herself drawn into a world she never knew could exist - a world of magic, heroes...