Hybrid

By StellaMarie183

My name is Lilith. Abandoned by whoever, I was left on the outskirts of the Steel pack. Taken in, I was given... More

Chapter 1: Memories
Chapter 2: Good Morning
Chapter 3: Monster
Chapter 4: Blood
Chapter 5: If looks could kill
Chapter 6: Hello
Chapter 7: Lots Of Yelling
Chapter 8: In the Rainforest
Chapter: 9 My Purpose
Chapter: 10 My Pleasure
Chapter 11: The Same
Chapter 12: Exiled
Chapter 13: Silence
Just Keep Swimmin'
Chapter 14: Paws
Chapter 15: Run
Chapter 16: Its A Long Walk
Chapter 17: Bastard
Chapter 18: Kitten
Chapter 19: No Crust
Chapter 20: We Are One
Chapter 21: Goodnight
Chapter 22: Dummy
Chapter 23: I Promise
Chapter 25: Goodnight
Chapter 26: I Owe You One
Chapter 27: Hybrid Like Me
Chapter 28: The Myth, The Legend
Chapter 29: Staying
Help!!
Chapter 30: Throw It Away
Chapter 31: Vampire, wolves and mages, oh my!

Chapter 24: Don't Stop

137 12 2
By StellaMarie183

*Sky above me. Earth below me. Fire within me.*

With each step he made towards me, he gracefully shifted into his hound form. First was his eyes. Even in the dark, they shined brightly in the night. Then his arms changed. Starting at his fingertips, his skin turned even darker. It trailed up his arms to his shoulder, scales pushing through along the way.

He didn't stop as he shifted. He kept a steady pace towards me. The darkness moved across his chest and down his torso. My eyes widened as it continued downwards.

"Once you get used to it," his voice was scratchy "you will be able to fully change your human form without shifting into your hound." His legs and feet changed along with the rest of his body. His toes turning into claws like his hands. Once his human body was fully merged with his hound, he stood directly in front of me. I could reach out and touch him if I wanted to.

Did I want to?

My beast stared up at him in awe. We could be like that. She thought.

I pulled my eyes away from him, looking down at my own body. My arms were fully shifted already. Focusing on my chest, I tired to push my beast outwards at a steady pace. She nodded in my head, knowing what I was trying to do. It was harder than it looked though. Any leeway I gave her, she surged forward without control.

"It takes time to change like this." His hot breath washed over my face. "One step at a time girl." His claws reached out to my face, gently caressing my cheek. My body shuddered at his touch. My beast purring within me.

When he stepped back, I felt my whole body being pulled forward to him. His lack of touch made us cold. "Now change." He crouched down in from of me on his hands and knees. I could hear the sounds of bone breaking and reforming but no sounds of pain escaped his mouth. I watched as his human body morphed into his hound with ease.

Standing before me was no longer a man but a beast. His head coming up just below my chin. He was massive. I felt a slight nudge in my head and instinctively pushed back. His lips curled up in a silent snarl in response.

He's trying to mind link with us.

Oh.. oops. I hadn't gotten used to that yet. His hound just huffed in my direction and I felt it again. This time instead of pushing him out, I pulled him in.

'How else do you expect me to communicate with you girl if you don't link with me?' His hound turned away from me, but not without slapping my thigh with his tail. Pretty hard might I add.

I hissed at him and rubbed my leg. "I'm not used to the feeling of someone trying to invade my mind."

'Just change already.' He continued walking.

"Where are you going?"

He glanced back at me. 'Do you want me to watch you change as well?' I could see the smile in his eyes. 'That would make twice I've seen your naked body.'

My face reddened. Bastard. I quickly turned from him and walked behind a tree. I was pretty sure I heard a beast like chuckle come from him.

Letting my towel drop, I crouched low and tried to focus. I can do this. We can do this. I chanted over and over in my head. I could feel my skin starting to get tight. It was painful but no where near as painful as before.

I'm not sure how long I stayed there in that position. All I know is that this time, the shift was much slower. It wasn't long before I was sweating and panting. My beast wanted out but she was trying to go slower this time. She didn't want to hurt me. My bones snapped and then snapped again. Each time more tears formed in my eyes. I refused to make a sound though.

I didn't want Knight to know I was struggling.

I felt hot. Like my skin was burning. I inched all over like ants were attacking me. By now I was laying in the ground curled in a ball. My back would arch every time one of my ribs tried to reform. No matter how many times they snapped, it's like they couldn't get in the right position and had to start all over again.

Soon enough the pain became to much and when I felt something snap in my neck I cried out.

Knight's hound appeared next to me in a heartbeat. His dark eyes were wide with surprise and.. worry? 'Girl what are you doing?!'

I tried to take a swipe at his face but when I lifted my hand, it twisted around at a horrible angle, causing me to yelp in pain. I bite my lip hard and closed my eyes. I tried to block out the pain but I could taste was blood.

'Stop. Stop trying to shift.'

I refused. I wouldn't let a little pain stop me. I needed this. We needed this. My beast was on board with me. She was feeling the pain just as much as I did but refused to stop as well.

We are strong.

Damn right we were.

The sound of bones breaking that weren't my own caught my attention. Forcing my eyes open, I was greeted with Knight's human form.

"Girl I said stop." Was that his teeth I heard grinding?

"Piss off." I growled in between whimpers of pain.

Shock was plastered all over his face followed by anger. "Fine. Pointlessly break your bones over and over. See if I care."

Pointless my ass.

My beast's voice joined in with mine. "We will shift."

"What the hell Knight!" Lance's voice filled the night air. "What are you two doing?"

"The girl here thinks she can shift again so soon." He was back to being calm and collected.

"She cannot and you know that. She's too weak." I felt his hands touch my back, he began rubbing it in soothing motions.

Cannot my ass.

Rolling over onto my hands and knees, I pushed harder. The whole left side of my body began breaking down. I tried to scream but I ran out of air in my lungs.

"Kitten stop!"

Don't stop. Don't stop. Don't stop.

That became my prayer. My beast raged inside of me, I could feel her desperation to break free and rid us of this pain. With each moan and cry, growls filled the air from the men around me.

"She's too far gone now. She needs to complete it." Knight's voice sounded somewhere to the left of me.

"Look at her!" Goddess, did I really look that bad? "You knew she was too weak for this and you let her anyways?" I could hear his hound coming forward.

I was so close. I could almost taste it.

Just a little more.

My beast slammed against the surface. Her painful howl filled my ears as the right side of my body broke. I gasped for breath. It was starting to get harder to breath. I didn't dare open my eyes again in fear of what I looked like.

'Pathetic.' Knight's snarl rang in my head. I had never broke the mind link between us. Fuck looking at myself, my eyes flung open and shot daggers into his back as he walked away from me.

I wasn't sure if the shift had finally finished of its own accord or if the anger that build up inside of me forced the change, but all I knew was that we were fully hound and we were going to kill that bastard.

*Temper, temper. Nothing gets you motivated like someone telling you that you can't do something. Soo, on that note. Do NOT vote or comment. You just cannot. I forbid it 😜*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
510K 16.4K 31
Natalie was raised in a world where there is nothing more sacred than the mate bond. She lived with that belief all of her life, but when one of her...
164K 4.8K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...
784 197 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...