More Than Business

By nicki0rih

Nicki's fashion empire she built with her best friend, Lydia, turns out to be an international success. Balan... More

More Than Business
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 57 (part2)
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160

Chapter 2

1.6K 83 3
By nicki0rih

**Drake's POV**

The lady at the desk opens her mouth "hello who are you here to see?"

"Ms.Maraj, and you are?" I reply.

"I'm Lydia, she smiles, do you have an appointment?"

"Oh! Hi Lydia, I do have an appointment...I'm actually 5 minutes late..."

"Okay, what's your name?" she asked me, staring over her computer.

"Aubrey Graham" I state.

"Ohh Mr. Graham, one sec." She said, and dialed some buttons on some machine beside the computer.

"Oh I didn't even see her there, is she with you?" Lydia asked me staring at Liyah.

"Yes this is Daddy's princess, Aaliyah." I smiled wrapping my arm around Liyah.

"Dad!!! I'm 15, like 'Daddy's princess' really??" Liyah protested.

"Sorry" I laughed.

"Ohh well hi Aaliyah." Lydia waved to Liyah. Just as Liyah started to reply, a woman walks in I'm assuming this is Onika.

"Mr. Graham," She looked at me. "You can come into my office."

"Okay" I agreed.

"Oh, who's this?" Onika asked looking at Liyah.

"My daughter Aaliyah." I answered. Liyah looked up and gave Onika a weak smile.

"Oh haii lil ladybug, do you mind staying out here with Lydia?" Onika said, then she turned to Lydia. "Can you go down to the lobby and get OJ for me?" Lydia nodded and began getting up.

"I gotta go?" Liyah whined, I didn't have any control over whether or not Onika wanted an adolescent in her office.

"Ummm, does she Onika?" I asked scratching the back of my head. "And who's OJ?"

"Yeah sorry," She groaned. "OJ is my son, Omarion. He's 3."

"Sorry Liyah, you gotta stay out for a bit." I said patting her back.

"Ughh, fine!" Liyah snapped and walked away.

"Liyah!" I called her back, "Don't be like that, I'll make it up to you later."

"Shopping?" Liyah perked up.

"Whatever you want" I told her, she smiled and walked out.

"Sorry bout that Onika," I said nervously, I'm sure she's used to formal business.

"Its okay," She told me, "So... down to business?"

"Yes Ma'am"

"So, you want to purchase 2 of my businesses, is that correct?" She began fanning through papers.

"Yes." I felt unprofessional compared to her.

"Here," She unfolded a map of her business locations, "Take your pick and we'll compromise."

"I'll take the one here in Queens, and one in Miami." I decided after looking at it for about 20seconds.

"You can't have Queens, thats my home town," She said quickly. "If you think you can handle Chicago, I will give you that on discount."

"I'll give you extra for the one here in Queens?" I suggested, I wanted to have an excuse to visit.

"You know what?" She began looking through another pile of papers. "I'm supposed to be opening a second business in Queens next week. So do you want the old or the new?"

"I'll pay you double for the new." I said, I don't even know what made me say that.

"Okay" She agreed.

"So is the business done here?" I asked her.

"Yeah, except one thing." She said.

"hmm??" I know it was unprofessional to respond like that, but she makes me nervous.

"My money" She laughed.

"I didn't think we were doing the transformation today, i'm not the type, I just.. I just thought we were gonna do it sometime tomorrow. Sorry" I stuttered as I pulled out my wallet.

"Yeah okay play boy!" She laughed, "Just make sure I get my money before I sign these papers."

"Ummm.. I forgot I told you double," I explained. "I have to go to the bank, I'm short by 4million."

"I'll join you if you don't mind." She smiled.

"Not at all"

"Okay let me tell Lydia." She said heading out of the office.

"Okay, I'll be waiting in the lobby." I told her, "Oh, while you're at it, can you tell Aaliyah to come on?"

"Okay meet you down there." She smiled.

**Nic's POV**

"Lydia, Aubrey and I are headed to the bank, mind watching OJ?" I asked as I walked up to her desk.

"Told you its gonna be more than business." Lydia chuckled. We both looked over to Aaliyah whose eyes had widened, I know she heard Lydia's nonsense.

"Uhhh.. O-Onika, my dad has a girlfriend." Aaliyah hesitated. She actually took Lydia seriously, I'm not looking for a man, Aubrey is a business partner.

"Anyways, LYDIA!" I gave her a 'Haha' look. "Aaliyah is coming WITH us!"

"Mhmm.. and by the way Aaliyah, at what point did you start calling adults by their first names?" Lydia asked, "Especially such a successful, beautiful, and well known woman as the one and only Ms. Maraj." I posed and faked a model wave as I took in the compliments.

"Lydia, you act like I care if the child calls me by my first name!" I laughed, "Come on Aaliyah your father is waiting for us."

"I was just saying!" She rolled her eyes and walked away.

"I will be right back baby boy," I hugged OJ.

"Can I come too?" OJ asked.

"I don't think so babe, it'll only be a few minutes OJ I promise."

"Nooo! MS. ONIKA! Can he come with us? he is so adorable!" Aaliyah protested.

"Its really up to your father," I gave in, "And babe, you know you don't have to call me Ms."

"I don't care what he says, OJ can come and your friend there." Aaliyah said. "And thanks, but you're too dam- I mean too good to be called by your first name."

"See Nic, she's like a mini you. A BOSS." Lydia laughed, "She calling shots, y'all should get along well."

"Get back to work!" I laughed and tossed her a stack of paperwork that was sitting on her desk.

"I'm just saying..." She side eyed me.

Aaliyah and I started walking, she had OJ on her hip.

"You know honestly..." She giggled, "Wait. Before I tell you this, what should I call you?"

"Hmmm... you can call me Nic." I figured. "Now what were you gonna say?"

"Okay Nic, I honestly didn't like you at first." She started, I figured that anyway. "I lied, my dad doesn't have a girlfriend. But I just wasn't feeling you, and when I heard your friend say, 'More Than Business' I was like What the fu- I mean what?! And now you're actually pretty cool."

"Oh ok" I said playfully shoving her. "Don't mind Lydia crazy self anyways." We began to head towards the lobby.

"I mean," She said from behind me, " I was just being honest."

"What took you guys so long?!" Drake paced in the lobby, obviously irritated. Aaliyah and I looked at each other and laughed.

"See what had happened was..." I started, but I was cut off.

"HIII!!!" OJ jumped from Aaliyah's arms and ran up to Drake.

"Wassup lil man!" Drake exclaimed, tickling OJ.

"Im a big boy!" OJ confirmed laughing. Drake laughed.

"Can we go now?" Aaliyah said impatiently. "And can Nic come with us to the mall?"

"I'm kinda busy ladybug," I said. "So unless you finna be up all night with me catching up on all this work, Ima have to dip this time and let y'all have some daddy-daughter time."

"Oh," She sounded disappointed. "Maybe we can help so you can finish quicker."

"Liyah..." Drake said, I realized he wanted her to stop so I should probably side with him.

"Maybe next time." I informed her.

"Ok" She replied.

"Well we gotta go get the rest of your money so lets bounce!" Drake said and turned towards the door.

"Okay okay," I said sarcastically, I grabbed OJ and walked out the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

767 36 27
My cousin broke her heart. I'm going to be the one to fix it. I'll do everything I can to. *mature themes, language, trigger warnings* Started: May...
34.6K 1.9K 20
"often times i wonder if the risk is worth it.. but as soon as i look into those eyes all of my worries go away. how could one soul make me want to t...
18.1K 605 12
Nicki gets pregnant as a young adult and her boyfriend is trying to pursue his rap career. After heartbreak, three years later, she sees him again an...
17.8K 1.2K 31
Story inspired by Revenge Body with Khloe Kardashian The present v.s the past. In the present Shes her crush but does Beyonce know that Nicki is the...