Hybrid

By StellaMarie183

My name is Lilith. Abandoned by whoever, I was left on the outskirts of the Steel pack. Taken in, I was given... More

Chapter 1: Memories
Chapter 2: Good Morning
Chapter 3: Monster
Chapter 4: Blood
Chapter 5: If looks could kill
Chapter 6: Hello
Chapter 7: Lots Of Yelling
Chapter 8: In the Rainforest
Chapter: 9 My Purpose
Chapter: 10 My Pleasure
Chapter 11: The Same
Chapter 12: Exiled
Chapter 13: Silence
Just Keep Swimmin'
Chapter 14: Paws
Chapter 15: Run
Chapter 16: Its A Long Walk
Chapter 17: Bastard
Chapter 18: Kitten
Chapter 20: We Are One
Chapter 21: Goodnight
Chapter 22: Dummy
Chapter 23: I Promise
Chapter 24: Don't Stop
Chapter 25: Goodnight
Chapter 26: I Owe You One
Chapter 27: Hybrid Like Me
Chapter 28: The Myth, The Legend
Chapter 29: Staying
Help!!
Chapter 30: Throw It Away
Chapter 31: Vampire, wolves and mages, oh my!

Chapter 19: No Crust

196 13 4
By StellaMarie183

*Okay, let's just take a break from our normal routine to appreciate who I based Lance off of. Now let's wipe the drool from our lips.... Good job. You're welcome. 😘*

*To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring upon ourselves.*

I must have been out of my damn mind as I passed the threshold into the house..

Mansion?

Castle?

Whatever.

Lance walked in front of me leading the way while Knight and Lucas trailed behind us. I think they stayed at my back just in case I got the nerve to make a run for it.

The interior was immaculate. Still holding the ancient feel, everything was pretty modern. I wasn't sure what I expected. Cobwebs and bats?

To cliché.

I was herded into what looked to be a den. Two couches faced the front wall that held a flat screen tv and fireplace. What caught my attention though was the super soft grey rug under my feet and the ceiling high bookshelf. I didn't think I'd ever seen so many books in one room.

Lance took a seat closest to the fireplace and motioned me to sit next to him. Yeah right.

Refusing to comply, I stood in the middle of the den facing Lance. My toes, which were disgusting to say the least, wiggle underneath me, burning themselves in the magnificent carpet.

Knight leaned against the gaping archway that connected the hall to this room, folding his arms over his chest, I thought I was going to take a nap there when he closed his eyes.

Lucas sat down on the couch furthest from Lance and held his arms out for Emma. "At least let me hold her while you stand." She wasn't heavy but I was sure she was going to wake up with a sore neck if I held her any longer like this. 

Sighing, I slid Emma's sleeping form into Lucas waiting arms. He laid her across his lap, her head resting on the arm of the chair more comfortably.

"She shouldn't be out too much longer." Knight spoke without even opening his eyes. "The fact that you woke so early speaks volumes..." I wanted for him to continue but apparently that's all he was willing to say.

"She will be fine though, it's good for her to sleep after the ordeal you two went though." Lance leaned back into the couch, stretching his arms over his head made his muscles bulge out deliciously. My beast tried to purr out loud but I snapped at her.

Damn hormonal creature. One moment she wanted to rip his throats out and then next she wanted to jump his bones. She just chuckled in my head.

"You brought me here to talk, so let's talk Alpha." I sneered the last word, I didn't want small talk. I wanted to leave.

Knight snarled behind me making Lance snap his eyes to his now open burning ones. After a few moments of silence, Knight left the room.

"Excuse him, his hound is well in depth with his roll of beta." My eyebrow raised in confusion. "He apparently doesn't like the way you speak to me."

Of course he didn't.

"Why do you call them hounds?"

"What do you call yours?" Lances asked with an amused tone.

"A beast."

He laughed. Seen that coming.

"Well I guess that works too." He continued to laugh, "The technical term we were given were hounds."

"Given by who? I thought we were hybrids?" I didn't understand any of this.

"Slow down little one." I rolled my eyes. "If you give me a second I will explain. And if you keep rolling them beautiful eyes at me and you'll lose them back there kitten." His smile was aggravating yet dazzling all at the same time.

"We are hybrids. From a mix of vampire and werewolf, we are created. But, there is a catch.."

There's always a catch. My beast murmured.

"Say a pure vampire and a pure wolf mate, they will produce a hybrid but with lesser blood, so to say. That child will either be more wolf or more vamp. If it's more wolf, then it should still be able to shift into a wolf but if it's more vampire it might lose that ability. Same goes with the need to drink blood, if the child is more wolf that may not be necessary.. When a hybrid is born from two pure parents it's a toss up on what attributes the child will receive."

"Now say two hybrids mate and they, by chance, produce a child. Said child would be a hybrid of stronger blood. They may retain the ability to shift and the need to drink blood. If that's the case then usually they can only partly shift their body, like their arms or hands. You still following?"

I nodded my head and motioned for him to continue. He just smiled some more and motioned for me to sit down once again. Sighing, I took the seat between Lucas and Lance.

"Good. Now where was I?" He scratched his chin for a moment then started up again. "Now notice I said if two hybrid produced a child by chance.. The likelihood of that happening is slim to none. Something about the two DNA's mixing makes most men and women infertile. But, if the Goddess smiles upon them or they just happen to have a stroke of luck and arn't part of that category then they pass their genes onto their offspring." He paused for a moment when Knight strode back into the den with a plate of sandwiches.

"You need to eat girl." He placed the food in my lap.

Hmph, how caring of him..

My stomach growled, loud enough for everyone to hear, at the smell of the ham and cheese sandwich before me. For the hundredth time today, I sighed. Damn my body and beast for betraying me. I picked at it for a moment before tearing the crust off the edges of the bread.

"Really?" Knight growled. "I said eat it, not destroy it girl."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I don't like crust." I said blankly.

"Of course you don't."

I wanted to growl or show my teeth but I had already shoved half of the crust-less sandwich into my mouth so I decided to just ignore him. I think that might have pissed him off more.

Point for me.

"Okay children, shall I continue?" Lance looked back and forth between the two of us while Lucas tried to hide his laughter. "As I was saying, the offspring of two hybrids can partial shift. Like so," He lifted his arm in the air and I watched as his skin rippled and darkened. My eyes widened and I nearly choked on the bread. Lucas leaned over and tried to pat me on the back but I shot him a look of disapproval. He just shrugged his shoulders and mumbled under his breath something along the lines of, fine.. choke then.

I had never seen anyone else shift like I did. Instead of sprouting fur, like most wolves, smooth dark scales covered his arm. My beast pushed her self forward and we mocked his shift with our own.

Consumed with curiosity and excitement, my heart pounded in my chest. I pushed the plate aside and scooted closer to him. "Can I?"

His now swirling eyes softened with endearment and the corners of his lips lifted into a smile showing a little bit of fang. "Of course little one." His voice was deeper.

Cautiously, I reached out to touch his shifted arm with my own. Pausing nervously just before I made contact, my eyes connected with his. He met me the rest of the way and pushed his large arm into my hand.

Warmth flooded my system just like it did outside and I couldn't hold back the gasp that escaped my lips. I ran my claws down his arm softly as the tingles continued.

His groan made me yank back my hand, startling me out of my trance. "No it's okay, it just felt good. That's all kitten."

"Why does it feel like that?" My head still felt like it was on cloud nine while my beast melted into a puddle of purrs in my head.

A harsh laugh exploded into the room pulling a growl from Lance. Knight acted like he was wiping tears from his eyes as he quickly exited the room again.

Lance took a calming breath. "That's another explanation for another time little one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 45.9K 44
||Highest ranking-29 in werewolf|| • Find the rewritten version on my profile, it's not complete yet but it's written better than this original• I g...
385K 13.4K 40
I panicked as Alpha Jake walked in and approached me. I've really done it this time. I'm so going to lose something for this! I thought as I started...
1.3M 43.7K 35
My memories always haunt me. And they never cease. They come back when I hear a simple howl at night. I wish they would just disapear, like how I ma...
11.7K 238 47
Zenith is a hybrid. She was trained to be a warrior of Shadow Moon pack. When she met her mate Kenzo Stryker, alpha of Silver Claw pack, she was afra...