The Best Man || K.NJ ✔

By Kaynamjoon98

"You better stay out of my way too. Or else I might just make you fall in love with me" he said and chuckled... More

DISCLAIMER
Intro
CH 1||
CH 2||
CH 3||
CH 4||
CH 5||
CH 6||
CH 7||
CH 8||
CH 9||
ch 10||
CH 11||
CH 13||
CH 14||
CH 15 ||
CH 16||
CH 17||
CH 18||
CH 19||
CH 20||
CH 21||
CH 22||
CH 23||
CH|| 24
CH 25||
CH26||
CH 27||
Ch 28||
CH 29||
CH 30||
*CH|| 30*
CH 31||
CH 31**
CH 32||
CH 33||
CH 34||
CH 35||
FINALE - CH 36||

CH 12||

1.3K 103 4
By Kaynamjoon98

Such a squishy joonie 💕💕💕

CHAPTER 12

"I dont even know what is taking you so long....just...Oh Gosh Hyeri-ya!! you are so damn complicated!" Minah said through gritted teeth.

"Isn't there a ball...lets just go have fun for now" I said, changing the topic and dragging her back inside. It had already began, people were twirling all around the ball room in pairs. Minah spotted Jisoo, Namjoon and Abeoji involved in a deep discussion in one corner of the room. We made our way towards them.

"Jisoo" Minah squealed like she always does, even if they were separated for a second, she would meet him back as if they had been apart for years. It made me feel like a proud mother. He immediately came over to her side taking her small waist in his arms and kissing her deep, they broke away and looked into each other's eyes, I stole a glance at Namjoon's face to see if he noticed the love. Sure he did, he pursed his lips and smiled to himself and caught me looking at him. I coughed and looked away immediately.

"Oh I forgot to tell you kids.." Abeoji began and everybody turned their attention to him "There are a lot of food platters on tables all around the hall, you can eat them as you dance, but the main dinner is later, with just a few close family and friends so dont eat to your fill okay" he said and excused himself, walking towards other guests.

———

"Ya Namjoonah...arent you going to ask your wife for a dance?" Minah teased Namjoon. I gave her a death glare. Namjoon looked down embarassed. "I really can't... dance!" he confessed.

"No shut up! Everybody can dance in a ballroom" Minah said but he just shrugged, before Minah could insist further, I broke the tension.

"I'm going towards the other side...I'm definitely going to find someone to dance with" I said happily and pranced away, escaping from the awkward situation! ha...ha... awkwarddd

The energy of the people dancing on the other side was also much higher, they were all the younger people of town probably. I carefully observed all the ballroom moves at first. It was basically that one routine after which you changed partners, it was pretty simple. I mentally marked the steps and kept looking until this guy randomly walked up  and greeted me.

"You mind joining in?" He asked offering his hand to me and I took it excitedly, joining in with the maddening crowd. All these people were so much fun and so humble to talk to. Most of them asked me a lot of questions about where I was from and how come they havent seen me before and stuff. A lot of them would even ask if I was single, I would instantly tell them that i was taken.

No, it had nothing to do with Namjoon. I just never felt that meeting random people at parties and hooking up with them was a good idea. For example, if these were guys I would be seeing in a regular basis, like at my workplace or neighborhood, then I would tell them I was single. But people at parties like these are usually looking for a hot night of s*x which wasnt my style so I would just say that I already had a boyfriend just to ward off the creeps.

I realized that I must have been looking exceptionally pretty tonight because almost every guy that danced with me wanted to know if I was available. Each time I said no, my eyes instantly darted around the entire hall room, looking for Namjoon. I sure was having fun dancing while enjoying light, sweet conversations, but I felt uneasy.

My brain chose the worst timing to be an untamed little prick. I couldnt help but notice how pretty the other girls in their beautiful flowing gowns looked themselves and Namjoon was a walking chick magnet. I started hyperventilating.

The dance moves that had imprinted themselves onto my muscles made me move as gracefully as ever, my face had an ever so beautiful smile plastered across it, even though my mind was in such a chaos now. But he had said something about not sleeping with other women on this trip! Oh God! I was such a mess, I was seeking solace in the fact that he said he wouldnt be f*cking anybody else on this trip, but what about when we were back in Seoul!?

I was just overthinking, it hadnt mattered to me then and it shouldnt matter now. But I really, really, really couldnt help it. Jisoo and Minah were totally lost in each other dancing right in the middle of the hall so they wouldnt have to change partners, where else could he be if not with them.

I felt so anxious

"You dont seem to be enjoying my company" said the man who I was dancing with right now.

"No! No no no, I mean its not like that" I said snapping out of my thoughts. I just realized that I had been dancing with this guy for too long, I should have changed about three partners by now but  I was so lost in thought that I didnt notice it until now.

"Its a relief then. I almost felt disappointed. You are single, arent you?" he asked. The trending question of the day! Yey!

"Ohh, no. Sorry! I am taken" I said very calmly. " very taken"

"Why do I get the feeling that you are lying?" he asked looking at me sharply in the eye. I blinked hard, the smile on my face dropped. I looked at him sternly as I waltzed around the room with him.

"Excuse me?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

"I mean... taken women dont really have so much color in their cheeks, neither do their men allow them to dance around with other men like this. You should have been dancing in the middle there, where most young couples are" he said, moving his face closer to mine, I moved back in alarm but maintained my composure.

"Im sorry if you get that impression! I am definitely not single. I am..."

"Im sorry for interrupting sir! But you have been dancing with this beautiful lady for quite some time. I would like to steal her now!" We both looked to the side , startled. There he was! His dimpled smile made my heart flutter. Damn Minah! This alien feelings were bugging me, all thanks to her.

"Who the f*uck are you?" this man said, his arms tightening around my waist, pulling me to him. I gasped, shocked at his audacity. Namjoon coldly placed one hand on the man's shoulder, smiling coldly as he hardened his fingers over it making him wince, he caught my right elbow with another, pulling me away from him.

"Sorry to disturb once again but you may find another partner. My wife is going to dance with me now" he said, his smile never leaving his face.

"W-wife...?" the man said, looking from Namjoon to me. I nodded in agreement and the man scuttled away. I watched him disappear into the crowd and then looked at Namjoon who was studying me, as if trying to comprehend if he had done the right thing or if i was enjoying dancing with that man. I didnt say anything, making it super awkward between the two of us.

-------

"Okay...so tell me how this thing is done" he said as he took both my hands, placed them on his shoulder and then pulled me to him gently by my waist.

"You..you really cant dance?" I asked him.

"You thought I lied?" he asked exasperated. "Gosh! You think like that of me!? You really hate me, don't you? Okay! dont answer. Just teach me how to dance right now before I get pissed" he said not meeting my eyes.

"Um...okay. I mean I'm sorry. I...okay just follow my feet okay" I said breaking down the steps for him. Wow he really was clumsy! Why did I think he lied? Maybe because I judged him unfairly again. After about ten minutes of repeating over and over, he finally got a hang of it.

"Want to join the crowd now?" I asked him.

"Hell no! Are you crazy? They are changing partners. Girls here are really all over me. If they see me being this horrible at dancing, I'm going to lose half my unofficial fans" 

I just rolled my eyes. Why does he talk so much.

"Then how about moving to the center there?" I suggested.

"How is that any different" he enquired.

"Well, they arent changing partners there. So they basically arent even trying the choreography" I said.

"Wow! You mean to say that I learned this whole thing for absolutely nothing?" he stated blankly.

"You learned something. Be proud and thankful okay. So...want to move to the center?" I asked. He stared at the people in the middle, his lips slightly parted, his eyes blinking comically once in a while. "Okay, lets not if you dont..."

"Lets go" he said holding my hand and dragging me to the middle of the crowd with him. Once he found a spot, he turned around and took my waist, his eyes too focused on his and my feet. I didnt know he had it in him to be despicable, sexy and cute at the same time. I chuckled at how hard he was concentrating on matching his steps to the music.

"Dont think about the steps like that or you wouldnt enjoy it" I said lightly hitting his shoulder.

"Im going to screw up if I dont concentrate" he said, without taking his eyes off the feet.

"Just let the music talk to you okay?" I said to him.

"I can let music talk to me, but my feet have no ears. Sorry..wait, let me, wait!" he said, his eyes furrowed and facial muscles taut. I couldn't help laughing. After a few minutes, the song changed to a slower more calm music.

"This song...these steps dont go together right? Or am I that bad at making the connection?" he asked finally looking at me rather than the floor. I giggled.

"You are right..it doesnt go with the song" I said.

"I have to learn new steps for this song now?" he said, his eyes and mouth widening.

"Calm down. Close your eyes!" I said, his eyes got bigger at that statement of i just said

"Close!" I said covering his eyes with my hand. I felt such a strong static force run down the nerve endings of my palm to the tip of my toes when my skin came in contact with his, so dangerously that it scared me. My heart started pounding against my chest. Breathe, Hyeri breathe.

"Now listen to the music and move along. I'll follow this time" I said quietly, ignoring the effect the close proximity was having on me.

After a few seconds, he moved. I mirrored his movements with my feet and he actually was doing good. He just had to listen to the music with his heart. Actually that would be justifying him too much! Just because the music was slow he could move well!

"Easy?" I asked. He opened his eyes and looked around. Most people were doing the same. The partner changing choreo had stopped as well. He looked surprised.

"Daeeebak!" he whispered and I chuckled.

"Good job Kim Namjoon!" I said to him. We moved along to the music for a few more seconds.

——

"Where had you gone?" I asked.

"When?"

"Um..when I went away to dance?" I asked him.

"Oh that! You know my never ending romance right? The cake and kimbap are amazing" he said. A flush of relief ran down my body. He wasnt with any other woman afterall. This wasnt right. So not right. It should not matter to me you idiot! I mentally screamed at myself .

"How did you decide to try dancing all of a sudden?"

"I wanted to learn it anyway! I thought why not begin today! Besides, I didnt like that guy. He was stuck to you like a koala bear for so long." he said.

"So?" I asked.

"So? I dont know! I didnt like it."

"Why?"

"You really want to know Hyeri-ya?"

My name... yet again. His soft voice echoing in my ears. I looked up at him and found him looking at me.

Dont fall for it Hyeri! Dont! I was  mentally suffering a trauma but I couldnt look away from how pure andsincere his eyes were as he looked into mine. My ears felt warm, my breath got hitched and my stomach was in knots. He was penetrating my eyes with such ferocity, it made my knees feel like jelly.

How far deep am I exactly?

 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 
_____________
AN

Fall everything
Helloooo don't forget to vote on my book 😁💕💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 1.9K 13
Namjoon was unhappily married to a woman he was forced to love. And Namjoon wanted to divorce but there was no way he could to that. He was trapped...
6.9K 248 13
This is a story of a girl name Yn who was heartbroken after her bf cheated on him... She always cry silently and became cold to everyone except for h...
1.2K 202 8
Fᴀɴ ɢɪʀʟ: ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛɪɴɢ ʜɪᴍ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. When in the city of numerous luminaries, two lone stars meet, magic ari...
1.3K 498 23
"if I say that I love you it means I love u for a reason And if you don't have that reason I will not love you but I love u unconditionally I lov...