She's special

By GreenBookMonster

Brea Kendra-- commonly deemed as a beautiful goddess, is now in her final year of high school. Her life revo... More

Chapter 1 : Her life
Chapter 2 : New school
Chapter 3 : Weird meeting
Chapter 4 : The Kings
Chapter 5 : Surprise
Chapter 6 : New hangout
Chapter 7 : Library..Date?
Chapter 8 : Meeting Eric
Chapter 9 : Bestfriends
Chapter 10 : Music room affair
Chapter 11 : Bonding
Chapter 12 : Here comes trouble, again
Chapter 13 : Dance off
Chapter 14 : California Beaches
Chapter 15 : Evan and a kiss
Chapter 16 : Bestfriend moments [ Part I ]
Chapter 16 : Bestfriend moments [ Part II ]
Chapter 18 : Disappointed
Chapter 19 : Two can play that game
Chapter 20 : Where my party people at?
Chapter 21 : The after party
Chapter 22 : Double hotness
Chapter 23 : Explanations
Chapter 24: Karma bites
Chapter 25 : Revealed

Chapter 17 : The Glass Floor

13.4K 382 17
By GreenBookMonster

A/N:   This is going out to xPoppenxox, Tash, for being so sweet as to dedicate her new chapter to me, for voting and giving such motivating comments, who is also a remarkable writer! Please check out her books! 

The song that played during the dance to the right! >>>>>>>>>

Comment, vote, fan! Let me know what yout think! :D It's in the AM now, dead tired, night people(;

                                                                                                       No ripping(;  © GreenBookMonster 2012

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 17 : The Glass Floor

After coming out of the shower I changed into a white tee that says, "Sleep like theres no tomorrow"  and a black boyleg undies, while Evan entered the shower. I had so much fun today despite that little kiss with Derrick and crying over my dad, things seem to be going well. 

I hopped onto the bed and rolled to the centre, grabbing the remote and switching on the TV. I switched to the CW channel, it was playing some drama that I didn't watch. What time is it? They should be showing The Vampire Diaries? I rolled over again to the side table and grabbed my phone. 7.42 PM. Dang, the show starts at 8. 

I pouted and placed the phone back on the table when it beeped and vibrated, screen lighting up. I reached lazily for it, 1 new message from an unknown number. Who? I rolled back to the center and slumped back against the pillows as I unlocked my phone and tapped on the unread message.

"Tmr, 1pm. The Glass Floor." It read simply. What the hell? What's that supposed to mean? Who is that even-- wait wait. I suddenly had a flashback to Derrick telling me that he was gonna text me or something. Could it be him? "Who are u?" I decided to ask, and replied.

I stared at the phone for half a minute before it beeped and the screen lit up. "Derrick." I felt my heart clench as I saw his name on my screen. It really is him! But he's really lacking some manners, heck he's not even giving me a proper invitation. Annoyed, I replied. "So what are u trying to say?". Almost instantly came his reply, "Be there."  What the hell? He thinks that I'm his dog that he could command to be there? I angrily punched in, "Nope, not gonna." , hit send and threw my phone beside me furiously. 

"Y not?" came his reply. Oh my god someone, teach this idiot some manners. "Cause u're being a douche." I replied, again tossing my phone aside on my bed. Just then Evan came out in his Sponge Bob boxers that I bought for him, drying his head with the towel. I grinned at his boxers again, annoyance disappearing. 

"See something you like?" He teased, grinning, because I looked like I was staring at his family jewels. "Oh yeah." I licked my lips jokingly and winked at him. He chuckled, bouncing down beside me and flicked my forehead. "Oww." I glared at him as I rubbed my throbbing forehead. "Pervert." He smiled retardly at me. Gosh, If only I took pictures like this of  him and forwarded it to all his future girlfriends, he'd be single for life. As I was thinking about it my phone vibrated beside me. 

I grabbed it and opened the message, annoyance returning but as soon as I read it, I begin to chuckle. "Sry. Brea, would u come on a date w me tmr at The Glass Floor?" read his reply.  I hesitated for a while before typing "Fine." and sending it to him. There's no harm in going on a date with him right? I smiled at the phone and placed it back down on the bed. I looked up and saw Evan eyeing me suspiciously. "What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, the smile still lingering on my lips. "Derrick." he stated flatly. Was I that obvious? 

"Yeah...he asked me out on a date tomorrow at the Ice Skating rink." I gave a shrug and a  sheepish smile. "OH. And you're gonna dump your soulmate for another guy?" He placed his palm over his heart, faking hurt. "Ev-vy!" I whined, locking arms with him and resting my head on his shoulder. "Go away." He shook me off mockingly. "You know you're irreplaceable, my soulmate!" I whined, squeezing him tighter. 

He smirked in satisfaction. "I'll just join Rica and my folks." He shrugged "I love you." I grinned. "I know, every girl does." he rolled his eyes and flopped down against the pillows. "Hey! How could you compare my love to other girls'?!" I swatted his arm and flopped down beside him. "You horrible soulmate!", "Unfeeling creep--" I continued complaining but he cut me off by covering my mouth with his hand, "I love you babe." He smirked in my face and grabbed the remote to switch channels. 

I grinned. He always does that to shut me up. "Hey! My TVD!" I yelled as he changed the channel right before it started. "I look way hotter than those two fang faced brothers." he scoffed, still flipping the channel. "Hey leave Damon and Stefan alone! Come on, switch back! You would get to see Nina Dobrev..." I teased whacking his arm. "Oh right. That Bulgarian beauty." He raised his eyebrows, grinned and flipped back to the channel. At least Elena comes in handy for something...kidding! 

I grinned and flopped back down into the bed. We spent the whole night watching The Vampire Dairies, not even knowing that I fell asleep halfway. 

I rolled over in bed groggily, stretching slightly. Mm I had a good sleep. I slowly peeled my eyes open, blinking, something isn't right.  Am I forgetting something? I looked to my left at Evan, he's still lost in dreamworld. I turned to my right and squinted at a bright ray of sun slipping in through a little gap from the curtains. What time is it? I reached out and grabbed my phone. 1230pm. Oh, its only 12, I dropped my phone back on the table and rolled back into bed. 

I snuggled closer to my pillow, ready to fall back into slumber when all of a sudden something clicked. Like a snap of my fingers. ITS ALREADY 1230! I AM SUPPOSED TO MEET DERRICK! AT 1! My eyes shot open and I flew out of bed, running to the toilet. I stripped clumsily, tripping over my pants and falling over the sink. Apparently, I wasn't all that awake. 

I stumbled in the shower and as soon as the first blast of cold water hit my face, I was jolted straight out, fully awake and back in control. Why the hell am I rushing? It's my style to be a little late. I rolled my eyes at my stupid self and bathed. 

I stepped out into my closet at, I would guess, 1250. I picked out a pair of acid-wash distressed jeans and a plain black off-shoulder sweater. Pulled on my favorite combat boots, threw on some accessories and pulled my hair into a loose, low side ponytail, letting my curls fall out and frame my face. Grabbed a studded purse and not forgetting to spray on some perfume.

Gave one last look in the mirror and grinned at my reflection. I loved this edgy look. I walked out to see Evan still lost in sleep, guess I'll let him know that I left, later on. I walked over to my side of the bed and picked up my phone, 1.10pm. Good. Fashionably late. I strolled down, pleased with myself when my phone beeped and a message came in. "Wru?" read Derrick's text. I grinned to myself. "Omw" I replied and chucked my phone into my purse. Guess I'll take my bike today. I hopped on and keyed in my GPS for The Glass Floor and with one loud roar, I was speeding off.

Okay one last turn. I swerved swiftly into a huge car park, outside a humongous building that looked like an igloo made of tinted glass. Pretty cool actually. I climbed off my bike, killing the ignition. Plucked my helmet off gently, not messing my hair that I carefully tucked into my helmet. I strolled to the front door and stood before it.  

I will not fall too hard for him. I will find out if he betted. Better safe than sorry. Limits girl, limts. I chanted in my inner voice as I pushed open the door, a wave of excitement pumping through me. Its been ages since I've Ice skated! I scanned the rink and spotted Derrick leaning against  the outside of the rink, a grin was plastered on his face as he was talking to two girls who were all over him. Ugh. 

That's a minus point. Wait. He isn't even stopping them from getting all touchy, in fact, he looked like he enjoyed it. Double minus. I walked over to him, suppressing a frown. "Sorry for interrupting." I said, barging right in the middle of Derrick and the two girls, not feeling all that sorry. The girls shot me looks of annoyance that I brushed off. I turned to Derrick, "I wouldn't apologize for being late since you weren't exactly waiting." I smirked, gesturing to the two girls. 

A smirk slowly spread out across his face. This smirk. It's the same smirk he gave me at the beach. It's the smirk that made me go all light headed. He chuckled and turned to the girls, "Sorry ladies, my date is here." He winked to them and waved them off. What happened to the sweet Derrick? I just couldn't get him. Sometimes he would be so sweet and shy, and others he would be a cocky arrogant player. 

He turned back to me, "Let's go get our skates." he grinned and grabbed my by the hand. Not that I mind, I'm quite used to it since I've dated quite a bit, it's just that his touch was sending electric jolts up my arm. "Size 10, and..I'm guessing a size 7?" He raised an eyebrow, looking down at my feet. My eyes widen, that's impressive. Being able to guess my shoe size isn't a common trait among guys. I nodded, a smile playing out on my face, its a womanizing trait. 

He smirked. Again. He seems to be doing it a lot today. He grabbed our skates and gloves, walking over to a bench. I gave him a quick once over, he was wearing a skin tight black tee that flattered his hunky bod and a pair of ripped skinnies with black combats. Simple but he still looked hot. I followed and sat down beside him.

"Ever skated?" He asked as he pulled on his skates. I didn't respond, instead I just smirked and continued slipping on my skates expertly and stood up with ease, pulling on my gloves. Inexperienced skaters would usually fumble with their skates and have difficulty standing up and moving about. He chuckled at my response and I grinned at him.

He stood up and slipped on his glove, "Well, then I guess we don't need to rent a skating aid." He grinned. I walked over and entered the rink, the familiar feeling of the ice beneath my skates. I smiled happily at Derrick before doing little glides further into the rink. I glided and did little spins, floating across the ice. Yes! This is the amazing feeling! I felt excitement building up, blood pumping fast through my veins. I picked up speed, cutting through the ice as I glided monstrously fast, making smooth and quick turns around each round. 

I glided around freely, my hands behind my back as I twirled around on the ice, enjoying the cool air against my face and the feeling of flying. I finally slowed down, remembering that Derrick was supposed to be with me. I slowed down and scanned the rink. I looked around and locked eyes with a pair of electrifying green eyes. There he is. He had an amused looked on his face as he started skating towards me. 

"Back to Earth?" He smirked, teasing. I blushed a little, feeling embarrassed for being lost in my own moment and dumping my date aside. "Yeah." I gave a sheepish grin. He chuckled and smiled a genuine smile. "But is that the fastest you can go?" He asked raising an eyebrow at me, smiling. "Is that a...challenge?" I opened my mouth slightly, giving him a pretend-shocked look,  a grin slowly replacing it. "First one to the end of the rink and back, wins. If you lose, you owe me a favor." He grinned. 

"What if you lose?" I questioned, annoyed at his arrogance. "Then I'll do anything you want." Anything? Like a kis-- hold up! I wasn't suppose to think like that! "Deal." I smirked and he smirked right back. We made our way to the nearer end of the rink, marking it as our start and end point. I looked across the massive rink, to the other end of the rink. I could barely see the people leaning against it. It's far.

We bent forward, preparing ourselves. "3,2..1" He said and we took off, zig-zagging left and right through the other skaters on the rink. We split towards different directions and I couldn't see him. I glided with all my might, landing light, gentle but lightning fast kicks on the ice, gliding myself forward. Almost flying across the ice. I risked a quick side glance and saw Derrick flying at an inhuman speed on the left side of the rink while I was on the right. 

I caught his eye and he smirked his sexy smirk at me. I felt annoyance pulsing through my veins and the adrenaline pushed me faster, catching up with Derrick. We were now zipping across the ice, sending huge gusts of wind to people we zoomed past. The opposite end of the rink is finally nearing! I skated head-on towards the end of the rink, picking up speed. I was flying so fast and near towards the walls of the rink, but I wasn't stopping. Neither was Derrick. I waited till I was about a meter away from crashing into the wall at killer impact, before giving a sharp and fast swerve, chopping up hefty amount of ice from the ground.

Gaining new energy and momentum that shot me forward, back to the end point of the rink. This takes a great deal of skills and practice. I remembered the first few times that I tried it, I either ended up cutting my skates too deeply into the ice, getting stuck and flung forward because the pressure was too great or crashing straight into the wall that gave me an instant knock-out. I gave a small turn to peek behind me and saw Derrick staring after me with an impressed look. I smirked and face the front, gliding madly. I'm winning. 

I was now a few meters away from the end point when Derrick started appearing at the corner of my eyes, picking up speed. I started to panic and picked up speed. We were now neck to neck until he gave one last burst of energy and flew to the end point, my body came into contact with the rink just a few second after his. I scowled through pants at how close I was to winning but start laughing when I processed how fun it was. Derrick started laughing with me as he panted gently. 

When we finally caught our breath, he grinned saying, "You owe me, Angel." and smirked. "Angel? Seriously?" I rolled my eyes and skate off, smiling. He caught up with me and we started skating around when suddenly a voice echoed around the entire skating rink from the huge speakers surrounding the rink. "Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls!", catching the attention on everyone in the rink who began to slow down. There was some gasps and squeals of excitement.

We stopped skating too and stood there. "It's time for The Glass Floor's 90's slow dance!" The voice hollered through the speakers as everyone cheered wildly. "Secure your skates and grab your partners! This is Back at one, by Brian McKnight." the voice boomed and the Rink clock beeped brightly changing into a countdown that slowly flashed. "10 , 9 , 8, 7--" Derrick cut into my view of the clock and offered his hand out to me, "Shall we, Angel?" He grinned his sexy smile and I found myself grinning back, "Don't call me that and, Of course." I replied and took his hand. We glided toward the center of the rink as the clock hit '1' then '0' and the song started playing. 

I put a hand on his shoulder while my other hand was entwined with his. He place his free hand on my waist and we started swaying slowly to the song. It is a beautiful song that I enjoyed listening to when I was younger. Our eyes locked onto each other, the other people were slowly fading into the background. All I can see is his handsome face and all I can hear is the song.

I took a small step forward as he took a small step back. We slowly moved and swayed to the pleasing music, he leaned his forehead onto mine and I was peering directly into his beautiful emerald eyes. I actually found comfort in this and slowly closed my eyes as we moved gently to the music, our heads touching.

When it got to the second chorus of the song, my head was buried into his shoulder, my free arm around his waist and his around mine, our other hand still entwined as we swayed to the music. I inhaled deeply, breathing in his scent that smelled of fresh breeze, ocean and mint. It was a scent that was uniquely his and I loved it, compared to the strong and overwhelming cologne that the other boys I dated, used to wear. 

The song slowly came to a stop and I felt like my Cinderella magical moment had ended--simply speaking, disappointment. Now I don't have an excuse to cling onto him. I slowly pulled away, opening my eyes. We were both dazed and staring into each other's eyes. His gaze flickered to my lips and he slowly leaned in. I leaned forward in response, I could feel his warm breath as our lips brushed against each other. He pressed closer, molding his lips onto mine. We were about to deepen our kiss when some little kid bumped into us, making us jump apart. 

He cursed under his breath as he glared at the kid that zoomed past. I watched him with wide eyes and chuckled at him. "Don't laugh." He frowned, his voice turning gruff. I laughed even harder and he raised an eyebrow, daring me to continue laughing. I didn't stop and he was about to do something when his phone rang. "Hello?" He answered, annoyed. He listened and nodded his head saying, "Alright, I'll be there." He ended the call and regret flashed across his face. 

"Hey Brea, I've got something urgent to attend to, you've brought your transport?" He asked. I nodded my head and felt disappointment wash over me. Again. "I'll see you soon Angel, sorry." He gave my hand a quick squeeze before gliding to the exit and left. This is the first time any guy left me in the middle of a date. It was usually me who left. He really is something. 

I shook my head and smiled as I skated around. Might as well have fun after my date left. I got approached by boys and girls, hanged out with some of them, made a few new friends and gave an excuse to leave after getting hit on too many times. 

I as walked out to my bike I subconsciously realized that his hair was messy in a sexy sort of way, today. Just like some days he would have that sexy messy look and other days he would look neat and sharp. I let that thought slip away and climbed onto my bike to text Evan, " I'm done. Whr u guys at?" I sent and waited for his reply. As usual, his reply came in almost immediately. "Shopping ): " I chuckled as I read his reply. Gosh poor Ev, he's probably cursing me for leaving him alone to shop with the parents. 

"S.F mall." read another of his message that came right after his first. "K, cya." I replied and tucked my phone into my purse before revving off.

___________________________________________________________________________

How's this one? (: Comment, Vote, Fan! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 31 38
How would you feel if your life was crazed with a crazy ex? a new boyfriend and a job as a model? Pretty overwhelmed right? Well thats how Caitlyn fe...
13.9K 354 34
Hey, my names Sofia or how my friends call me "lil' soso". Sofia is sassy, classy and a bit bad-assy she breaks the rules, talks back, smokes, drink...
140K 3.2K 31
Growing up in Fort Collins, Colorado, being a biker was definitely not uncommon. In fact, if you didn't have one member of your family own a motorcyc...
3.9K 93 29
COMPLETEDâś… Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...