Reborn to be Royal

By bentleygt500

Summoned to another world after death, 21 year old Kai Warrens swore to the heavens that he would do whatever... More

Chapter 1: Death
Chapter 2: Trash and Treasure.
Chapter 3: Hunting
Chapter 4: Prisoners
Chapter 5: On the hunt
Chapter 6: Dungeon Master
Chapter 7: Deal
Chapter 8: A Learning Experience
Chapter 9: Brewing
Chapter 10: Hotsprings
Chapter 11: Banquet
Chapter 12: Knowledge and Preparation
Chapter 13: Neutrality
Chapter 14: Tiger and Dragon.
Chapter 15: Fruits of Labour
Chapter 16: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 17: Royal
Chapter 19: Gods plan
Chapter 20: Frost
Chapter 21: Gravekeeper
Chapter 22: Solben "City"
Chapter 23: Money Bags
Chapter 24: Answers
Chapter 25: Enchanting
Chapter 26: Volmiir
Chapter 27: Reunion
Chapter 28: Euphoria
Chapter 29: Return
Chapter 30: Protect
Chapter 31: Mother
Chapter 32: Instinct
Chapter 33: Hunted
Chapter 34: Face of Darkness

Chapter 18: Aurora

336 8 1
By bentleygt500

It's been two days since the incident with the dark guild and Verren's been adamantly caring for his daughter while Seyird is off collecting information about the one that gave them that request. While that has been going on, I've been trying to figure out exactly what happened to my body. When I release my disguise, my eyes turn the bright, shining gold of a royal the same as Verren and Lucile but my hair remains the same raven black. Is it possible that it's not a full transformation? I mean, it's possible right? Any research I've done into it has said that every single time it's attempted, the result is the same. They become a mindless ghoul bent on tearing everything to shreds, or they die. Honestly I am kind of glad that I managed to escape from that fate.

If I really want to find out what happened, I think I will have to go to Lucile or Verren. If I want to know what I can do, a good start would probably be finding out what they can do.

[Valentina] "how are you doing?"
[Kai] "hm? I'm fine."

Valentina walked into the room without me noticing while I was distracted by my own thoughts. This is yet another reminder that I need to come up with some kind of sensory or detection ability.

[Valentina] "oh? And those eyes?"
[Kai] "Ah!"

Shit! She saw!? I mean... I was going to tell Lucile and Verren anyway, and I don't think it would matter much if Seyird knew but I'd rather this not get out to the rest of the castle. I'd especially prefer that no one from outside the castle found out.

[Valentina] "oh don't worry. I won't tell."
[Kai] "o-oh, thank-"
[Valentina] "on one tiny~ condition."

...this can't be good.

[Valentina] "fight me again!"
[Kai] "..."
[Valentina] "come on~! You know you wanna try out your new power!"

That's- that might not be a bad idea actually. She's a lot stronger than the average vampire, though, nowhere near as strong as Verren but... that guy's just ridiculous. Besides, our deal was that she would teach me after all. This should be a good starting point.

[Kai] "okay. I suppose we should get started on your part of the deal."
[Valentina] "eh?"
[Kai] "you were going to train me remember?"

I sent her a cold, accusing stare that caused her to immediately look away embarrassed.

[Valentina] "o-oh right, there was that, wasn't there.... that's right! So let's get going! Your training starts right now!"
[Kai] "..."

This woman has problems.

[Valentina] "come on then, follow me if you can!"

The moment she said that, Valentina took off out of the room leaving me with no choice but to follow her if I don't want my secret to come out.

Huh? I'm actually keeping up with her? No way, I guess she's holding back her speed to let me keep up but... where are we? We were in the castle moments ago... I think I remember a green blur... was that a forest? That's unsettling.

[Valentina] "Almost there!"

The figure of Valentina suddenly shot upwards as a rocky surface took her place. Following her lead, I managed to leap up to follow her, barely avoiding a head on collision with a boulder. In barely a few seconds after, I seem to be at the top of a mountain, no, I guess this is more like a plateau.

[Valentina] "well, ready to start?"

Valentina forcefully pressed her fist against her other palm as she said that, standing on the other side of the plateau. I readied myself in response. Now then, should I use any words? No, I think I'll stick to trying to figure out my current limits without enhancements.

We looked each other in the eyes, completely blocking out any and all outside distractions. Without another second, we launch forwards, striking out at each other with an equal pace. She avoided my punch before grabbing hold of my arm and twisting it and me over her head. As I was twirling in the air towards the ground, I managed to kick her in the face with the back of my foot causing her to let go of my arm, allowing me to stand back up again.

[Valentina] "heh, you're faster and stronger than before! But you've got royal blood in you. You can do much better than that!"

She charged at me once more but I was able to redirect her punch and so we wound up trading blows, I'd connect a punch to her gut, she'd connect a an elbow to my face, I'd block her strike, she'd avoid my kicks. It went on like that for what seemed like forever, both of us picking up speed and power as we fought.

[Valentina] "good! You're making that power your own!"

She's still able to speak at a time like this?! Impressive to say the least while I'm struggling to improve if I don't want to die. Each attack she throws my way, I can feel the weight of death behind it. Is this what's called killing intent? Or a fighters pressure? I don't know which but it's admittedly terrifying. I can feel my adrenaline pumping alongside an unknown power.

[Valentina] "that's it, keep it up! I'm gonna start getting serious now!"

You weren't serious before?!

No, I guess that makes sense, she's been steadily increasing her power to match mine perfectly. I guess having such overwhelming power for such a long time comes with the knowledge of how to hold back perfectly.

She's true to her word. She started picking up the pace almost immediately, leaving me unable to keep up and eventually getting overwhelmed by her, receiving a multitude of punches and kicks while all I could was stand there and take it. She has no openings.

[Valentina] "Come on! There's more to a royals power than just strength and speed!"

Tch, is that so. She expects me to figure that out while I'm being bludgeoned by a storm of fists?

[Kai] "Guh!"

She kicked me in the stomach sending me back but I somehow managed to keep my balance. She's looking at me expectantly, like she's waiting for me to figure it out. Oh! Is she referring to that weird feeling inside my body before?

Not giving me the chance to figure it out, Valentina recommenced her onslaught, I need to figure this out before she reaches me. Come on! Focus! Focus! Foc-!

[Kai] "<Focus!>"

Putting all my thought on that power inside me, bringing it out and condensing whatever it is in my fist, without looking at it, I clenched my fist tightly and sprinted towards the oncoming Valentina.

[Valentina] "<Dark Fists Fury>"

Valentina's fist became enshrouded in the same purple light as before. A smile erupted onto her face while at the same time I could feel something similar appear on my own.

Our fists collided, purple and golden light mixing and bursting in and outwards, each trying to swallow up the other as our fists emitted these deadly yet entrancing lights. Our sleeves tore up to the shoulder and the pain was incredible but neither of us would budge, no, neither of us wanted to budge. Like an unspoken agreement between warriors, this is both of our last attacks, we'll both see this attack through to the end. The ground beneath us was now cracking as a crater formed beneath us, destroying the originally flat mountaintop. Both of us struggling for dominance, we let out one final ace in the hole.

[Valentina] "<Dark Fist Explosion!>"
[Kai] "<Blast!>"

Both of our attacks erupted behind us, above us, around us, encompassing the entirety of the mountaintop in a swirling semi-sphere of purple-gold light, tearing our clothes even more than before.

[Valentina] "Hahahahaha! Now this is a fight!"
[Kai] "<Overdrive!>"
[Valentina] "E-eh?!"

My golden light devoured hers and I could see and feel my arm disintegrating under the massive pressure. My consciousness fading as I push myself to and past my body, mind and souls limits. The golden light disappeared for a moment before wrapping my arm in it, bolstering it for the final push.

[Kai] "HAAAA!!!"

The golden light, along with Valentina, was sent flying off into the distance. My arm finally lets itself be destroyed, my mind feels like nothing I've ever experienced before and my body has all but died. I can no longer stand. Looking up into the sky, the lights we created are dancing together in the air as if we created an aurora.

With a hard thud, I hit the crevice filled ground, breathing heavily and barely. Yet, I'm smiling. If she's a dragon... screw being a tiger... I'll become a titan...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1.8K 35
Barry was a normal depressed teen in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. He has two siblings and a best friend. *UNKNOWN ANOMALY DETECTED* "Ahhh, th...
3.2K 141 25
This is the first book in the Fallen series. This is a short fantasy novel, and I hope you like it! 17 year old Hana Rayes is adopted and doesn't kn...
169K 7.8K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...
250K 10.2K 30
Kai was inexplicably reborn as a cannon fodder in a game from his previous life. The same appearance but world's script seemed to have given him too...