My Wattpad Love✔️

By Ariana_Godoy

Julie has always been the shy type. Her world changes when she finds wattpad, a very popular ebook community... More

My Wattpad Love
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
One Shot Contest Details and answers to questions ;)

Chapter 08

1.3M 49.4K 42.6K
By Ariana_Godoy

One, thanks for the amazing support!

Two, sorry for grammar mistakes! This story is unedited so, yeah, sorry in advance!

Three, I love you, guys <3 You're so cool!

My Wattpad Love

Chapter 08

I was frozen. I couldn't move at all, my eyes moved away from my laptop's screen and landed on my room's door.

The phone was ringing...

The house's phone...

I'd just given Evan my number. Was he calling? Panic rose in me when I remembered my house's phone was downstairs and Shane was there. I jumped out of bed and ran out of my room into the hallway. I found Jason on the way. He was obviously heading to my room,

"Hey, I'm gonna use your bathroom because-" I ran past him and went downstairs "Jules?" Jason's confused voice was soon left behind as I clumsily moved down the stairs. My feet met the warm living room's carpet and I stopped on my tracks. Shane was standing next to the couch; he had the phone pressed against his left ear. His gaze met mine as he proceeded to speak,

"Yes, she is here, hold on," Shane offered me the phone. I stopped breathing,

"Who is it?" I said in a low tone. Shane shrugged his shoulders. Swallowing my nervousness, I grasped the phone and held it close to my ear. My heart was hammering inside my chest.

"Hello?" I greeted squeezing the phone cord with my free hand. I could hear the person's breathing at the other side of the line "Hello?" I repeated a little bit louder this time.

Come on, Evan, Say something.

"Hello?" My throat was dry. Why was I so nervous? Why wasn't he speaking? It had to be him, I knew it was him. The line went dead and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Putting the phone back in place, I ran my fingers through my hair. Why didn't he say anything? I was confused.

"Who was that?" Shane's voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Hum, a friend," I replied automatically. My mind was still on those seconds. Hearing his breathing had actually made him more real for me. I didn't know how to explain it but it just did.

"You look like you're going to have a heart attack," Shane commented lying comfortable on the couch. It was then I noticed the TV was on, he was watching some football game, how predictable.

"I..." I trailed off as my eyes landed on the phone again.

"Are you on drugs?" Shane asked casually while chewing something. It sounded like chips... Like ruffles. I snapped my head towards him. For a moment, I completely forgot about Evan. Anger filled my veins when I spotted the ruffles bag on Shane's lap.

"Are you eating my ruffles?" I asked dangerously. Shane kept his eyes on the TV and got another chip in his mouth as a reply. I leaned over the couch and snatched the bag away from him.

"Hey!" He complained looking at me. I held the ruffles against my chest.

"This is not your house! Stop lazing around and eating my snacks," Shane stood up, his full height intimidated me. I took a step backwards.

"You shouldn't bother a man when he's watching a football game," his tone held a bit of threat. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You shouldn't eat a girl's snack," I retorted "it's dangerous,"

"Really?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, really," I was having a hard time trying to maintain my strong pose. Shane was not only taller and stronger than me, he was also devilish. He had that bad boy look that girls always fell for. Luckily, I was not one of them. Shane kept walking towards me like a predator. I squeezed the bag in fear and heard the crunch of the chips. Oh my poor chips!

"Give me that," he ordered. I shook my head "Jones..." he sounded dangerous. My back hit the wall and I knew I was trapped.

"Stay back," he titled his head to the side. His full lips formed a smirk.

"I'm missing the game because of you; you better give me those chips back, Jones,"

"My name is Julie. Stop calling me by my last name," I said trying to distract him. I needed to find a way to escape, me and my chips needed a plan to get away from Mr. Jerkpid.

"I will call you whatever I want to call you, you know why?" he continued before I could say something "because you messed with me. You ruined my chance of getting laid tonight so I will make sure to ruin your night as well,"

"I didn't-" The house's phone rang again. Shane and I shared gazes for a second. I wanted to run to the phone but Shane was on my way.

"If you want to answer the phone, give me the chips," he traded folding his arms across his chest. There was no way I could go through him, he would stop me in a blink of an eyes. The phone rang again. The suspense was killing me, was it Evan? Was he calling again?

I, Julie Jones, was put on the most difficult situation of my life. I had a choice to make, I looked down at my ruffles. I knew they were inside the bag, I knew they were crispy and salty. How I loved those chips! But I also knew I had to let them go if I wanted to pick up that phone.

Chips or Evan...

It was a tough decision.

Yeah, I know you're judging me for actually wavering about it but hey, Ruffles were my life. After the third ring of the phone, I sighed in defeat and whispered 'Sorry' to my chips. I threw the bag to Shane; he caught it in mid air and grinned. Getting him out of the way, I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Jules?"

"Mom?" I asked in disbelief.

"Hey, sweetie, how is everything? Did you have dinner? It's in the microwave," Arg! I had sacrificed my chips for nothing?!

"Arg, mom!"

"What?"

"My chips," I growled glancing at Shane. He was back on the couch staring intently at the TV. That stupid chips' killer!

"Chips? Julie, you can't have chips for dinner," mom said in a motherly tone.

"I know, I was just..." I trailed off as I remembered something "mom, why is Shane in our house?" I said in a whisper. Hopefully, with the loud noise coming from the TV Shane wouldn't hear me.

"Oh, I figured you would need some company since I'm on duty,"

"Why Shane, mom?"

 "I trust him," she said frankly.

"Why would you trust him? He's an arrogant jerk,"

"Language, Jules!"

"Sorry, but still I don't want him around,"

"He is a nice young boy, Julie," I looked at him for a moment. He was eating my chips like a pig.

"You are blind, mom," 

"No, I'm not. Just give him a chance,"

"Why would I-"

"I promise he is a nice boy behind that arrogant facade, sweetie. Trust me," I sighed in frustration.

"Fine, but I won't clean his mess," I said glancing at the chips lying on the carpet. I held my chest; those chips were like fallen soldiers in a battle. Shane was going to pay for that.

"I gotta go, take care, darling. If you need anything, give me a call,"

"I will,"

"Where is your dinner?" she asked. She was testing me to see if I'd paid attention.

"In the microwave,"

"Good, good, have a nice night, sweet heart,"

"You too, mom" I hung up.

Ignoring the Jerkpid on the couch, I went upstairs. Mostly, because I was peeing but also cause I needed to check if Evan had messaged me again. I knew he had called me, but why didn't he say a word? I slammed the bathroom's door opened and screamed at the top of my lungs. Jason was standing next to the shower. He was naked. I gasped when my eyes met his little buddy.

 "Oh my God!" I repeated over and over again. When did I forget Jason was in the house?

"Jesus, Jules!" Jason exclaimed covering his private parts with both hands. 

"Oh my God!" I covered my eyes and gave my back to him "I'm so sorry!" What was wrong with me? Was it my new hobby to see everyone's little buddy? I closed the door behind me. I was sure I was as red as tomato. I couldn't remove that scene from my mind. I was so embarrassed.

 I saw Jason naked.

 I saw my best friend naked.

Those thoughts wouldn't stop prowling around my mind, not to mention the image of his little buddy. The harder I tried to forget it, the quickest It displayed inside my head. I entered my room, locking the door behind me. I could feel the blood in my face. I needed some time to think. Hell, I needed time to stop looking like a freaking strawberry.

Strawberry.

 Evan...

 God, were all those fruits going to remind me of him all the time? It was kind of weird, if you ask me. Regaining my regular breathing, I sat on my bed and checked my laptop. I had no new messages from Evan. I checked my chat box and noticed he was online but he hadn't message me. I started typing a message,

Me: You there?

Him: No

Me: -.-

Him: ;)

Me: Did you call me?

Him: No.

Me: I know it was you. Why didn't you speak?

Him: I don't know what you're talking about.

Me: You're lying.

Him: Am I?

Me: Evan...

Him: Yes, Jules?

I don't know why but I felt strange -in a good way- each time he wrote my name.

Me: Please, stop lying.

Him: I'm not lying.

Me: Come on, I gave you my house number which was kind of dangerous since I barely know you. You don't want to tell me anything about you.

Him: I have told you lots of things about me already, Jules. 

Me: I mean, personal stuff, I don't even know where you live.

Him: Why do you want to know?

Me: Because we are wattpad friends.

Him: Wattpad friends?

Me: Yeah

Him: Is that a new term?

Me: Sort of, I made it up.

Him: You are weird. How come you consider me your friend now, I thought you hated me.

Me: Hum, I don't hate you.

Him: Right, I forgot you're Mrs. Strawberry. You're incapable of hating someone.

I narrowed my eyes at the screen.

Me: Again with the nicknames?

Him: They suit you ;)

Me: You're changing the subject.

Him: Whatever you say, peachy girl.

Me: Evan...

Him: Yeah?

Me: Stop avoiding the question and tell me, why didn't you say a word?

Him: I didn't have to.

I got a funny feeling in my stomach. So he was admitting he'd called me. My heart started hammering inside my chest. I didn't know what to say. I started typing a short reply when he messaged me again.

Him: You have a sweet voice :)

That was it. My heart was going to jump out of my chest. What was wrong with me? Somehow, knowing that he'd been at the other side of the line made me feel nervous. 

Me: Thank you?

Him: No problem.

It was the first time Evan complimented me. It was so weird that I had no idea of what to say. 

Me: Why didn't you say something?

Him: you wanted to hear my voice, didn't you?

Me: Well, yeah.

Him: Why?

Me: Curiosity.

Him: ;)

Me: It's not fair. You got to hear my voice but I didn't hear yours.

Him: Does it matter?

Me: Of course, it does.

Him: I have to go.

Me: Evan!

He logged off and I let out a groan of frustration. Lazily, I got out of bed and headed out of the room. I still needed to pee but there was no way I was getting closer to the bathroom again. I could hear the shower so Jason was probably still inside. I shuddered remembering the awkward moment from before. Why did I have to see him naked? Shaking that memory out of my head, I --for the third time in less than three hours-- went downstairs. Shane was no longer watching TV. He had his earphones on and his eyes were closed. The empty bag of ruffles was resting on his lap. His longs legs were extended; his feet were resting on the coffee table. If my mother saw him, I was sure she would kill him in cold blood.

Rule number one in the Jones House: Never mess with the furniture; you'll die a horrible death if you do.

For a moment, I dared to stare at him. The muscles of his arms and shoulders were relaxed. You could tell he was defined through his black t-shirt. His face was flawless, his skin looked creamy, no sign of acne or any puberty mark. His lips were full, his upper lip had two defined curves. It resembled the top part of a heart. His eyebrows were kind of blond and perfectly placed above his eyes. His blond brownish hair were messy but in a good way unlike mine, I was sure my hair looked like a devastated bird's nest. It was then I heard his voice, Shane was singing? Well, more like humming a song, I focused on listening.

"Something's getting in the way.

Something's just about to break.

I will try to find my place in the diary of Jane"

I recognized that song. It was "Diary of Jane" by Breaking Benjamin. I never thought Shane would like rock music. He looked so innocent with his eyes closed. To think behind that innocent cute face, there was an evil arrogant jerk.

Suddenly, he opened his eyes. Shoot! I got caught staring! His hazel eyes stared into my blue ones paralyzing me. He didn't say anything; we just stared into each other's eyes in silence. For a moment, I felt like he was not that evil, that mom was right and there was actually a good guy hiding behind that player arrogant facade but then he spoke and ruined it,

"You like what you see, fake nerd?" he gave me a smug smile. I rolled my eyes. 

"Not really," he took his earphones off.

"Then stop checking me out," he said casually "it's creeping me out,"

"I was not checking you out,"

"Yes, you were. I can't blame you though, I'm ridiculously hot," I narrowed my eyes at him.

"How can you survive with that ego? It shocks me, really,"

"To be a girl, you really don't care about your looks, do you?" he scanned my body shaking his head, "You seriously look like a boy," Shane really knew how to get on my nerves.

"You are-" the phone rang and I picked it up quickly "Hello?" there was silence "Evan?" there was no answer. Shane put his earphones back on and closed his eyes. I gave my back to him "Evan, say something, I know it's you,"

"Hey," I stopped breathing. My whole world stopped with there. Time slowed down and I held my chest. his voice was so... sexy. My heart was racing full speed.

"I-I-I" I stuttered. I heard him chuckle.

"Goodnight, sweet Jules," his husky yet velvety voice whispered and then he hung up.

 Even tough, I knew he'd hung up I was still pressing the phone against my ear. I was shocked, I never expected him to call me again. I never expected him to hear his voice.

 I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I closed my eyes realizing one thing: 

God, I loved his voice.

 X M W L X

 That's the end of the chapter! Muahaha, see, I didn't end it on a cliffhanger so stop throwing potatoes at me, you mean people!

Hugs and yellow carrots,

Arix

:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 116 9
The book hush hush what's written by Becca Fitzpatrick all you will find in this book its quotes and pictures of the book series
200K 6.1K 38
Time for an EPIC party! Please join me for the ENTIRE month of February to celebrate the awesome authors and readers of Wattpad! We will have p...
148K 7.4K 27
After being betrayed by her step-sister, Swara breaks down completely. She wishes nothing more than correcting her past. Her prayers happen to be ans...
39.5K 962 16
Izuku Midoriya is a quirkless boy that gets bullied for it. Even his once childhood friends bullies him. One day, Midoriya is unlucky to come across...