Percy Jackson-A Wizard ( Perc...

By Its_Called_Sarcasm

The Giant War had finally ended. Everything was peaceful, or as everybody thought so. Luke makes a sudden rea... More

Chapter 1- Percy
Chapter 2- Percy
Chapter 3- Annabeth
Chapter 4- Annabeth
Chapter 5-Percy
Chapter 6- Percy
Author's Note
Chapter 7- Percy
Chapter 8- Percy
Chapter 10- Percy
Chapter 11- Percy
Chapter 12- Percy
Chapter 13- Percy
Chapter 14-Percy
Chapter 15- Percy
Chapter 16- Harry
Chapter 17- Percy
Chapter 18- Percy
Chapter 19- Percy
Chapter 20- Harry
Chapter 21- Percy
Author Rant. Bear with me.
Chapter 22- Harry
Chapter 23- Percy
Chapter 24- Harry

Chapter 9- Harry

17.4K 539 317
By Its_Called_Sarcasm

Harry

Harry was feeding the chickens before the letters came. Mrs. Weasley had set him and Ron on the job, so that they work could be done easily. Little did she know that they were talking more than working.

Hermione was inside with Ginny, helping Mrs Weasley in the kitchen. Bill and Fleur were due any moment for lunch. Harry and Ron, we're discussing about going back to Hogwarts. They had decided to finish their education after much contemplation. Hermione, of course, had immediately agreed to go back and complete her seventh year. Her persuasion was part of the reason they were going. Hogwarts was going to be extremely crowded now, since basically the whole school was repeating a grade, and the new first years would be joining the old ones now.

Everybody was talking about Professor McGonagall putting up a new dorm just to accommodate the students. The battle of Hogwarts, had indeed, caused problems.

Ron hadn't really wanted to go, but was forced to by Mrs. Weasley. He had been complaining all day about it.

"I don't need to go! The education I had is enough! And we helped defeat You-Know-Who! That ought to count for something!"

Hermione had come out later, and scolded him.

"Honestly, Ronald! Education is an integral part of life! So what if you helped defeat Voldemort? You still didn't get a single N.E.W.T!"

"Are you even listening to yourself? So what if I helped defeat Voldemort?"

Their banter had gone on in lunch too, and that was all everyone was listening to, till suddenly Ginny cried out.

"There's four owls coming our way!"

Sure enough, four barn owls were flying in the Burrow's direction. They swooped in and went to their respective deliverers and held up their legs.

"Owls in the afternoon?" Mrs. Weasley wondered. "How odd."

Harry saw his name written in emerald green ink on an envelope, and removed the letter hastily. He tore it open to see his letter, and a gleaming red badge also fell out. He was Quidditch captain again.

He turned towards Hermione, who had the Head Girl batch in her hands, grinning widely. Ron had the Head Boy too. He just shrugged.

"It's not like I wanted to go back to school, but at least I get to use the bathrooms."

Mrs. Weasley had been very pleased with all of them, even Ginny, who had also been made a prefect.

It was Hermione who had cried out that their letters contained something else apart from their book lists.

"There's going to be a new student this year!"

"Really?" Ron asked. "What's that bloke doing, joining school so late?"

"Well," Hermione said, "According to the letter, he's eighteen, just like us, but he'll be doing all seven years of academics in one year only."

"Is he mad?" Ron asked. "How can he complete seven years of studies in one?"

"I dunno." Harry said. "Must be really smart or something."

"Look out Hermione." Ron commented. "You've got a rival coming up."

"Shut up." Hermione said, her eyes still on the parchment.

"What's his name, anyway?"

"Percy Jackson."

"Percy?" Ron's eyebrows crossed. "If he's as much of a pompous brat as our Percy is, then I'll be sure to-"

"Ron!" Hermione chastised. "Stop. And anyway, he's not from England. He's from New York!"

That was enough to impress both Harry and Ron. They couldn't wait to meet this Percy Jackson, and Ron hoped 'that he wasn't an ugly git like Malfoy and got put into Slytherin'.

Even Bill, who had arrived with Fleur minutes later, had been interested. It seemed that everyone was curious about the new student.

After lunch, Harry decided that he would go out to practice his Quidditch skills again. Only then did he realize his problem: He didn't have a broomstick.

His Firebolt had been ruined when Voldemort had been chasing him in his attempt to reach Tonks' parents house. Harry could only wonder how he would manage to be Quidditch captain if he flew in one of the school's slow brooms.

Ron and Harry looked up Which Broomstick to see the new brooms which he could buy. This month's edition had a new broom: The Pegasus. The broom was enchanted with a special spell, which made it bind itself to its owner. Due to this, it worked with only it's owner and nobody else.

"We could just put that special spell on any old broomstick and it'll start working amazingly for us too!" Ron had exclaimed.

"Yeah, but you don't know the spell." Harry pointed out. "Look at the article."

The new broomstick: The Pegasus, is an astoundingly amazing broom which beats the Firebolt by far. It has a much more sleek design and it is much more comfortable than any other broom. It has a secret spell, which allows it to be bound to its owner permanently, and it works according to how it's master wants to, thus giving us a personal touch.

However, that also means that your friends can't take a ride on it!

The inventor of the broom, Tobias Smith, a clever wizard living in Manhattan, New York, tells us: The Firebolt was good, but I assure you that the Pegasus is the best. The spell used is a mixture of normal spells found in any advanced charms textbook, and a little bit of other magic.

"Other magic?" Ron asked, looking up from the magazine.

"Just read." Harry said.

This broom was specially designed for the American Quidditch team, and due to it, they are sure to place in a good ranking next World Cup. The broom, however, doesn't come cheap!

Below the article, the price for the broom was given. Harry's eyes bulged out on seeing it.

"Bloody hell." Ron whispered. "That's almost double the price of the Firebolt!"

Harry had thought of buying it, but the broom was much too expensive, even for him.

After scouring the magazine twice, he decided on taking Nimbus 2003, the latest model of that particular series.

"Don't order it now." Ron said. "Take it later, in case another model comes out. You can send in the order just before Quidditch tryouts."

"Yeah." Harry said, and then they flew in the Burrow's backyard for a while, for which Harry borrowed Fred's old broom.

*^*

The first if September approached quickly, and soon the Burrow was filled with excitement of going back to Hogwarts.

When it came, in the morning, everyone was hastily doing some last minute packing. Mrs. Weasley was trying to initiate some calm, as Harry and Ron ran around the house, looking for the clothes they'd misplaced. Hermione was trying to pacify Crookshanks into his basket, but he was just sitting near the dining table, staring beadily at her and refusing to be cooped up. Ginny was helping Ron by trying to find Pigwidgeon's owl treats, while Pig hooted and chirped around in his cage, creating a ruckus.

Mr. Weasley was putting all their trunks into their new car, which he had received from the Ministry, courtesy of Kingsley becoming the new Minister of Magic. After a quick breakfast, they finally left from the house.

They arrived at Kings Cross and crossed the barrier with ten minutes for the train to leave. On hurriedly running across the platform, they finally stepped on the train.

Harry was planning on looking for a compartment, when they saw Neville making their way towards them. He grinned and stepped forward, but just then, Ron tripped over a stray chocolate frog.

Fortunately, he didn't fall, but he grabbed Hermione to steady himself, and both of them ended up getting their shirts stuck in a door.

Harry sighed, exasperated, and tried to help them.

"You two should go and find a place." he told Ginny and Neville. "We'll just be coming."

Freeing both of them took another five minutes, in which the train dispatched the station, and then the three of them were finally ready to find the others.

Harry looked through the compartments to find Neville and Ginny, and found them in the last cabin. Ron opened the door and stepped in, Hermione and Harry on his tail. When he stepped in however, he saw that Neville and Ginny weren't the only ones there.

Luna Lovegood was sitting, reading the newest edition of the Quibbler using a pair of Spectrospecs, and and three of them were chatting to a boy sitting across Luna.

He was tall, with dark hair, and sea green eyes. As soon as he heard them enter, he turned to see Harry and the others.

Somehow, Harry got a strange feeling when he saw him. Like he should know him very well. As well as one knows his own brother.

Somehow, he knew that the boy sitting in the seat, staring at him, was definitely Percy Jackson.

________________________

Tada! Number three out of five is done!

Hope you liked Harry's unexpected POV. I said it would be a surprise chapter.

I may use Harry's POV constantly from now on. Also, I'm leaving for my school's educational trip tomorrow evening, which is 11:30am GMT tomorrow cause you guys are probably from another time zone.

I realize that I promised you guys two more chapters before next Sunday, but I'm returning on Sunday itself!

I'll try to upload the fourth chapter before I leave, but the fifth chapter will have to be uploaded after I come back.

Sorry guys, but I'm not allowed to carry my phone or laptop with on the trip (can you believe these people. No phone/laptop for a week. What will I do?) so I can only start after I come back.

I'll update as soon as I return, though.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

XOXO

Anna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 1K 46
After the war, everything changed. Not everything that Dumbledore tried to make happen happened. Wrong people died, wrong people lived. Dumbledore hi...
832 136 27
Lila Snape always knew that she would be sorted into Slytherin when she would attend Hogwarts. She always knew that she was destined for something gr...
46K 1.3K 16
- in which ๐„๐ƒ๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐…๐ˆ๐๐‚๐‡ of Hufflepuff House stumbles through her final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, playing big siste...
2M 58.8K 48
The Giant war is over and Percy Jackson is spent. Finally there's a chance he can be with Annabeth for a while and he eagerly awaits the summer they...