The Fiery Alpha

By bubblygal

The Fiery Alpha (a.k.a A Change of Heart) 4 years ago, Jayden's mate Cassidy was found dead and her dead body... More

The Fiery Alpha
Prologue - 4 years ago
Chapter One - 4 years later
Chapter Two - Madelynn
Chapter Three - Luna
Chapter Four - Strange Memories
Chapter Five - First Encounter
Chapter Six - Second Encounter
Chapter Seven - Dreams
Chapter Eight - One step closer
Chapter Nine - Callie
Chapter Ten - The Donor
Chapter Eleven - Jake
Chapter Twelve - Relaxing Time
Chapter Fourteen - The Attack
Chapter Fifteen - Broken Bond
Chapter Sixteen - The Injuries
Chapter Seventeen - The Truth
Chapter Eighteen - Rejection
Chapter Nineteen - Alone
Chapter Twenty - Pain
Chapter Twenty One - Starting to care
Chapter Twenty Two - The Attack II
Chapter Twenty Three - The Cure
Chapter Twenty Four - Saving the girls
Chapter Twenty Five - Goodbye
Chapter Twenty Six - Moving On
Chapter Twenty Seven - Arguments
Chapter Twenty Eight - Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty Nine - The Cell
Chapter Thirty - She's back
Chapter Thirty One - Promise
Chapter Thirty Two - The War: The Secret Society
Chapter Thirty Three - The War: Betrayal
Chapter Thirty Four - Post War: Friends
Chapter Thirty Five - Interacting
Chapter Thirty Six - Couples' day
Chapter Thirty Seven - Mine
Chapter Thirty Eight - Epilogue
Side Story - The Wild Gamma

Chapter Thirteen - Cassidy

18.9K 639 24
By bubblygal

Have been very busy with my school work. Here's the update. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Thirteen – Cassidy

*Madelynn’s POV*

“Erm... Sorry. I didn’t know you are here.” I said when Jayden turned his head to look my way. “I’m leaving already…”

He is probably thinking of Cassidy. This is one of the places that they hang out together. I feel like I’m intruding their special moments. It was supposed to be the memories between the both of them and now, I happened to know it too.

“It’s ok. You can come over.” Jayden said while turning back to look up at the sky. I climbed up to the roof and make my way to him. I lie carefully beside him, leaving a certain distance. He didn’t say anything and just fixed his focus on the sky.

“There are a lot of stars tonight.” I said, breaking the silence. I turned my head to the side to look at him and he does the same. Looking into his eyes, I could see sadness and pain. He is missing her.  Uncontrollable, I reached out my hand and placed it gently on the side of his face.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered softly. He closed his eyes briefly before opening his eyes and looked at me again. I can’t help but to stare at him too. Every time I look at him, there will be this force pulling me towards him. And this time, there is also no exception.

“I think I better get going.” I tore my gaze away from him and quickly stood up. Probably I got up too urgently; I missed my steps and lose my balance.

“CASSIE!!”

I shut my eyes tightly; knowing that it would hurt the moment my body comes in contact with the ground. However, the pain never comes.

“Cassie. Cassie. Are you in pain? Where did you hurt yourself?” I opened my eyes to see a worried looking Jayden scanning my legs and arms for bruises.

“Why are you crying? Is it very painful? Did you hurt your butt again?” Jayden looked at me worriedly.

“Cassie?” Jayden called again when he saw me not responding.

“I’m not Cassidy. I’m Madelynn.” I said softly. His posture immediately tensed up and he stared hard at me. After realisation, he stood up from the ground and turned away from me.

“I’m sorry. I-I…” He took sideway glance at me.

“Are you alright?” He asked hesitantly. I nodded at him and stood up slowly from the ground. Both of us stared at each other for a while. His eyes have some unreadable expression.

“You should rest early. There is school tomorrow. You can just pick any empty room you like.” After finishing his sentence, he turned his back to me and walked away. I know in his heart, there is only room for Cassidy. However somewhere in my heart, I was hoping that he would see me. When he mistook me as Cassidy, I never know it would hurt me. Why am I feeling this way?

The next day, I went to school with Hailey and the others. The day passes as per normal. Nothing special happened. However, after school, I have decided to go home. I wouldn’t want to trouble them again. I stood outside of my house door, taking deep breathes before entering.

“Sweetheart, is that you?” My mum dashed out from the room and appeared in front of me within split seconds.

“Mum.” I called. She immediately engulfed me into a hug.

“I thought I lost you forever. I thought I wouldn’t be able to hear you call me mum ever again. I’m sorry, Madelynn. For everything that has happened.”

“I’m sorry too, mum. For running away.” I looked up and met her teary eyes.

“I’m sorry for treating you as a replacement for Cassidy before. I know Cassidy is gone. She won’t be coming back anymore. As a mother, I just couldn’t accept the fact previously. I’m sorry for hurting you, Madelynn.”

“Mum…”

“But as time goes by, I really treat you as my own daughter. Not as a replacement of Cassidy. But as Madelynn.”

“I know, mum. I understand.” My mum leaned in and hugged me again.

“I’m really sorry. Please forgive mummy.”

“Mum. Can you tell me where is Cassidy’s grave? I would like to pay a visit.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mum didn’t want to tell me at first but eventually, she told me the directions. I copied down what she has said onto a piece of paper. I shower and changed into a new set of clothing before setting off to visit Cassidy. At first, mum didn’t want me to go as the sky is getting dark soon. She suggested going in the morning. But, I couldn’t care less. I just feel that I should go pay her a visit.

After probably 3 hours of bus ride, I got down the bus and followed the directions given by my mum. I walked into a forest till I reached the clearings. In that big area, there is only 1 tombstone. I walked over and saw her name carve on it.

Cassidy Marie Lewis (Callie)

Luna of Red Blood Pack

Mate of Jayden Edward Walker

26 October 1989

28 November 2010

My eyes scanned across her name and realised the name ‘Callie’ is also carved on it.

“Luna…?” My fingers traced the words as I mumbled.

“Mate…?”

“28 November 2010.” It was the day when I got my heart transplanted.

I took the flowers, Campanula bells that I bought before I came and placed it in front of the tombstone. Other than my flowers, there already has another bouquet of flowers placed in front of the tombstone. Forget-me-not. I assumed Jayden was here before me then. I quietly sat down in front of the tomb and looked at it.

“Hi Cassidy. You probably don’t know me. I’m Madelynn. I do not know what flowers you love so I chose Campanula bells. The florist told me that these flowers represent gratitude. I hope you will like it.” I paused for a while, before continuing.

“Thank you. Thank you for donating your heart and hence saving my life. Thank you for letting me to meet your parents and hence giving me a family. Thank you for leading me here and hence giving me a bunch of good friends. And thank you… for giving me a chance to meet him. I know you are irreplaceable in his heart and I never ever thought of replacing you. I just can’t help it but to get attracted to him. I’m sorry.”

“Thanks for your flowers, Madelynn. I love it.” I stood up from the ground and turned around when I heard a girl’s voice.

“Cassidy…” I am shocked to see her standing in front of me. She smiled warmly at me.

“You don’t have to thank me or feel sorry towards me. I should be the one thanking you and apologies to you.”

“W-Why?”

“The day when I died, is the day when my heart is being transplanted into you. Thank you for accepting my heart. Thank you for staying with my parents, making them happy and fulfilling the duties as a daughter which I’m unable to do it. As for Jayden, please don’t feel sorry. I know it is natural for you to get attached to him because Callie is inside of you and Jake is her mate. Moon goddess has given us a second chance, allowing Callie’s soul to be attached to my heart and transplanted into you.”

“I-I... I don’t understand.” I said.

“It’s ok. One day, you will understand. Just remember that I’m actually glad that there will be someone by his side. Please make him happy. Promise me that you will stay by his side no matter what happens.”

“No, Cassidy. The one he needs is you. Not me.” I said.

“I’m already dead, Madelynn. You will be the one he needs.” Cassidy walked up to me and held onto my hand. “Please just promise me.”

Cassidy is practically pleading me. Reluctantly, I nodded my head. I couldn’t say no to her.

“Thank you very much!” She hugged me happily.

“I need to go already. But before that there is something that you have to tell Jayden and the others.” She suddenly put on a serious face and looked at me.

“Madelynn, you have to warn them that Secret Society is coming.” Cassidy started fading off in front of me.

“Cassidy, what Secret Society you are talking about?”

“They have already successfully invented the chemical and executing the plan to destroy mates. You must warn them.” That’s the last thing she said before she completely disappeared.

“Cassidy!! I don’t understand. What are you talking about? Cassidy!!!” I ran around the clearings and shouted out to her but there isn’t any response.

“Cassidy!!!” My eyes shot opened and I found myself lying in front of Cassidy’s grave. I sat up from the ground and looked at her grave once more.

“Cassidy… What is it suppose to mean?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 293 25
It was cold. So cold. My skin and body was numb, I shivered. My skin was purple, the once puddles on my floor almost like a pool. My cell was complet...
74.5K 6K 49
Book 5 in Elder series Red is both on the run and looking to settle down. After escaping her previous pack and brainwashed, now rejected mate, her ta...
10.2K 400 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...
17.7K 826 52
BLACK MOON Book Three Can be read as a stand-alone. A mating bond is Goddess' blessing, something pure and perfect but what if a mating bond is not...