My Wattpad Love✔️

By Ariana_Godoy

Julie has always been the shy type. Her world changes when she finds wattpad, a very popular ebook community... More

My Wattpad Love
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
One Shot Contest Details and answers to questions ;)

Chapter 05

1.4M 48.6K 21.5K
By Ariana_Godoy

Thanks to him for the banner to the right :D

The song is for an specific part of the chapter. You'll know :D

My Wattpad Love

Chapter 05    

"Mom, wait," I whispered panicked as she stalked towards Jason.  

"Mrs. Jones, I can explain," Jason started sitting up. I dropped the condoms and approached to her. 

"Mom, it's not wha-" Bam! She slapped Jason right across the face. My jaw dropped to the floor in shock.  

"F*ck!" Jason exclaimed rubbing his cheek "What the-"  

"No cussing, mister!" she menaced placing her hands on her hips "I cannot believe this, I am so disappointed,"  

"Jeez! Mom, it's not what it looks like! I was just-" my mother turned to me.  

"You were just what? Come on, keep talking. Enlighten me!" she said sarcastically. Her eyes were barely narrowed, a sign that she was really angry. I swallowed.  

"I was... he needs condoms but he's not going use them with me," I grimaced at the thought "He's short on money and since I have so many condoms, I was just going to give him some," my mother raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"And he needs to be shirtless to get them?" I opened my mouth to reply but she cut me off "You expect me to believe that?"

"It's the truth, mom. I swear, I'm still a virgin" I said frankly. She stared at me for a moment before looking at Jason.

"Is that the truth?" She asked him seriously. Jason nodded frantically.

"Yes, maa'm," mom sighed.

"I hope you two are being honest here because if I find out you are sharing fluids-"

"Mom!" I screamed disgusted. Sharing fluids? Who the fudge says that? She gave me a closed mouth smile and then became deadly serious.

"I am watching you," she said aiming her fingers at her eyes and then at us, "So behave," she ordered walking to the door "and you," she glanced at Jason "come on, go home now,"

"But-"

"I don't want you around Jules for today," Jason sighed and put his shirt on,

"Fine," he mumbled and grabbed a few condoms from the floor before heading to the door,

"Who is she?" my mother started interrogating him as they walked out of the room. She closed the door behind them, poor Jason. I really didn't want to imagine the things mom would ask him or tell him. I didn't even want to go there.

"Sharing fluids," I whispered shaking my head. If there was a prize for the most awkward disgusting phrases, mom would win easily. She had this great ability to come up with the most awkward lines I'd heard in my life. Maybe, she got that from being a doctor, I don't know but thanks God I didn't inherit it.

Crawling back to bed, I took my laptop, opened it and placed it on my lap. My chat box was collapsed. Jeez, I had many messages from friends and fans from wattpad. But my eyes searched for one single username: Evan's. I clicked on Darkpoet001 and started typing.

Me: I'm back :) Him: I can tell, Me: ?? Him: Yeah, your cloying smell alerted me of your presence.

Me: Cloying smell? What the hell?

Him: ;)

Me: What are you doing?

Him: Reading.

Me: What are you reading?

Him: "How to get rid of a cheesy writer"  :D

Me: -.- Hilarious.

Him: Bah, you lack sense of humor.

Me: Hum, I read your story.  

I had to ask him about it. Curiosity was killing me.  

Him: So?

Me: Did it happen to you?

Him: No.

Me: It's written with so much passion that I thought it was a true story... the story of your life.

Him: I said no. Drop it.

Me: It's real, isn't it?

Him: Are you blind? I said no. It's fiction; get it inside that small skull of yours.

Me: Why are you getting angry then?

Him: I'm not angry.

Me: Yes, you are.

Him: How would you know that? You cannot see me.

Me: I can feel it.

Him: You're wrong. I'm perfectly fine.

Me: Did you lose your parents in a car accident? 

I asked him because that was what happened to the main character in his story. He didn't reply for a while.  

Him: Jules, drop it.

Me: Why can't you just tell me?

Him: Just f*cking drop it!

Me: Evan... I just want to know, I want to help you.

Him: Help me? Don't act like you know me. 

Me: You're right. I don't know you but that doesn't mean I don't want to know more about you.

Him: Why?

Me: I'm curious.

Him: I have to go.

Me: Fine, be a coward. Run away.

Him: A coward? You dare to call me a coward?

Me: You're being a coward right now. Running away so you don't have to deal with the pain.

Him: Pain? What the hell are you talking about?

Me: The pain of losing your parents.

Him: It's not real! It's a fiction story, get it? I am not related in any way to that character.

Me: I don't believe you.

Him: I don't care.

Me: Writers always leave pieces of their selves in their stories. You said it yourself. 

Him: That is not my case.

Me: Isn't it?  

Darkpoet001 logged off.  

Did he just leave? Maybe, he was right. I should just drop it but I couldn't. I don't know how but I knew Evan needed someone to talk to. In his story, the main character always wished he had someone to talk to, to tell his fears and let the pain out.

Maybe I was thinking too much about it, he was right. Not all the stories are based on true stories. Writers write about what they know and their characters may have resembles with their life but it doesn't have to be entirely real. Then why did I have this gut feeling Evan's life was as tragic as his character's? I frowned when Evan's chat box appeared with a green spot. He was online again.

 Him: My parents are dead. I don't want to talk about it.

Me: Oh... okay. I'm sorry.

Him: And if you feel pity for me, don't, I'm fine.

Me: Okay but if you want to talk...

Him: I don't.

Me: Alright.   

He didn't reply for a while. Was it weird that I could feel the tension even when we weren't facing each other? Yeah, it was but I really needed to say something to lighten our conversation.  

Me: You were right.

Him: About what?

Me: I'm a cheesy writer.

Him: You're admitting it?

Me: Yeah

Him: Finally, you realized it :)

Me: But there's nothing wrong about writing cheesy novels. I'm a hopeless romantic, I love writing sweet love stories. I love writing about happiness and true love. Life is not just about tragedy and sadness. I like to focus on the good side of life. There's nothing wrong with that.

Him: It's unrealistic.

Me: What's the point of writing about tragedy? It'll do not good to anyone. Love stories give people hope.

Him: False hopes.

Me: How can you know that? I believe in soul mates.

Him: Of course, you believe in that bullsh*t.

Me: It's not bullsh*t. It's true.

Him: Love does not exist much less soul mates.

Me: Love exist.

Him: Right, true love is in the air, just like the love your father felt for your mother when he left her.  

My heart sank in my chest. That was a low blow. inevitably, Tears sprung to my eyes. I held them back, I wouldn't let him get to me.  

Me: You're just a coward. You hide behind all those dark poems and thoughts because it's easier that way. why don't you face the pain, huh?

Him: I'm perfectly fine.

Me: Liar!

him: I'm not lying.

Me: Coward.

Him: I am not a coward.

Me: Prove it.

Him: I don't have to prove anything to you.

Me: Coward.

Him: Stop.

Me: Coward.

Him: I am not a coward! My father killed my mother right in front of my freaking eyes! And then shot himself. I don't even know how I'm surviving so don't you dare calling me a coward after all I'm doing to keep going.  

My mouth hung opened in shock. I was speechless. I thought they'd died in a car's accident like in his story.  

Him: Don't say you're sorry. I hate it.

Me: I don't know what to say.

Him: Don't say anything. I'm fine.

Me: I wish I could give you a hug.  

I regretted sending that but I felt the need to let him know I wanted to help him.  

Him: Ew! Don't tell me you have a crush on me :) I'll puke.  

I smiled sadly at his futile attempt to change the subject but went along with it.  

Me: Pffft! Never.

Him: I know I'm hot and all but seriously you're too sweet for me.

Me: Too sweet? Haha oh please, YOU are too dark for me.

Him: I'm just realistic. You're painfully hopeful and cloyingly sweet, girly.

Me: We're opposites then.

Him: Yes and I hope you don't believe in that crap about opposites attract.

Me: Nah, I don't.

Him: Good :)

Me: Can I tell you something?

Him: Yeah.

Me: I know you're trying to avoid the subject and I understand you don't want to talk about it. I just want you to know that I think you are amazing because you keep going after going through something so painful and traumatic. I admire you, you should be proud of yourself. And if writing sad poems and stories helps you deal with the pain, I completely understand. I guess life needs both sides, the good sappy one and the dark tragic one. There's absolutely nothing I can say to make you feel better. I'm merely an acquainted for you but I just wanted to say this :) You're still an arrogant jerk though.

Him: You actually made me smile with your mild speech, peachy girl. 

Me: I'm glad I did.

Him: I better go to sleep.

Me: Sleep? It's like 8 pm.

Him: It's not that time where I live.

Me: Where do you live?

Him: Like I would tell you that, stalker.

Me: Right.

Him: Listen to this song "I don't care" by Apocalyptica.

Me: Why? Him: Just do it, night.

Me: Night, Evan.

Him: And Jules?

Me: Yeah?

Him: Thank you :)  

Darkpoet001 logged off. 

  I couldn't help smiling like a fool. I felt like I had helped him somehow. I entered youtube and searched for the song he told me. I put my headphones on and I rested my back against the head board. a soft melody started playing until the singer began,  

"I try to make it through my life, in my way, there's you
I try to make it through these lies, and that's all I do"

I frowned. This song sounded so much like him,  

"Just don't deny it,
Don't try to fight this ,and deal with it
and that's just part of it,"

I frowned in confusion.  

"If you were dead or still alive
I don't care, I don't care
Just go and leave this all behind
Cause I swear (I swear),I don't care"

I couldn't stop myself from chuckling. I knew it wouldn't be anything sweet. Was this his way of telling me he didn't care about me?   

"I try to make you see my side
Always trying to stay in line
But your eyes see right through
That's all they do,"

  My heart started beating faster in my chest. Why was I feeling as if he was singing this song to me? As if he had dedicated it  to me? It couldn't be possible. He was just trying to tease me about the entire I don't care thing, right?

"Love changing everything
You won't be left for me"

I closed my laptop and took my headphones off. I could feel butterflies in my stomach and my heart was menacing to jump out of my chest. What was wrong with me? Why was I reacting like this to a song? why was I reacting like this at the thought of him dedicating it to me? I didn't know him. He was just someone I'd chatted with a couple of times.

"Silly Jules," I whispered to myself and got out of bed. I walked to my drawers and passed in front of the mirror. I froze when I saw my reflection. My cheeks were tinted pink and my eyes held a glint i'd never seen before. What was wrong with me? It was just a song. Why did I feel this need to make him feel better? He'd been through so much. Why did I care? We were completely opposites. My Iphone started ringing snapping me out of my thoughts. I stared at the screen scowling: Unknown.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Jones,"

"Shane?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, don't drool over your phone. It's disgusting,"

"What-how-why," I rushed my words not knowing which question was more important.

"Calm down, babe. Breathe,"

"Babe?" I grimaced in disgust. He was such a player.

"You like it?" I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I didn't bother to ask him how he got my number. He was Shane Mason, one of the popular guys at school. He could get anything he wanted.  He chuckled.

"I need you to do my math homework,"

"What? You've have to be kidding me, I-"

"I won't take a no as an answer,"

"I told you I'm not good at math, actually I su-" a knock on my room's door interrupted me. Oh no, time for dinner, mom was really stricted with timing "wait, hang on,"

"If you hang up on me, I will-"

"I won't, just wait," I started as I opened the door.

"I told you I wouldn't take a no as answer," Shane stood right in front of me, his phone on his ear. He was smirking at me, looking all smug and arrogant "close your mouth, babe. Don't wnat the flies to get inside," It was then I noticed my mouth was opened in shock. I shut it and put my phone down.

"What the hell are you doing here? How did you get in here?" I felt utterly confused. not to mention, I was wearing shorts and a see-through white shirt. Shane pushed me aside and walked inside my room like he owned the place "what are you doing? Get out! I haven't gi-"

"Jules," my mother called me. It was then I noticed she was standing in the doorframe, "be nice to Shaney," she ordered in a motherly tone.

"Shaney?" I asked exasperated.

"Yes, he's Mery's son, don't you remember?" Mery was my mother's best friend. Mom always talked about her, I had seen her like three times in my life. She was a doctor like my mother so she had a very tight schedule. I always thought the reason they were so close to each other, it was because they worked in the same place. Mery spent more time with my mother than me.

"you mean, he's your godson?" I remembered mom telling about being the godmother of Mery's son but I never expected him to be Shane Mason.

"Yes, isn’t he sweet?"

"Sweet?" I laughed sarcastically. Shane smiled kindly at my mother.

"Help him with his math homework, darling," she said and left closing the door behind her. I was too shock to say something. What the hell had my life turn into? I looked at Shane, and he was standing there smirking at me.

"Your face is priceless,"

"Oh shut up!" I held my head. I needed to find a way to get him out of here. Shane started at me with his big breath-taking hazel eyes and ran his fingers through his blond brownish hair. His gaze dropped to the floor and his smirk grew bigger.

"You know," he came closer to me, I narrowed my eyes at him, "I'm glad you're thinking about protection," I stepped back until my butt hit the drawer. It was then I looked down and saw the condoms lying on the floor. Quickly, I started blushing. When I looked up, I gasped. Shane was too close. I pushed his chest.

"Back off," he grasped my wrist.

"Help me with my homework and I will," he leaned closer. His minty breath brushed past my face.

"Get off me, pervert!" he looked at me waiting, "fine, I'll help you," he grinned and backed away.

"This shall be fun," I forced a smile.

"Yeah,"

Oh course, it'd be fun. I was going to have a lot of fun when he failed math because of me. Internally, I laughed evilly like Cruella de vil.  

Shane was so going down.,

x M W L X
Long Chapter! Hope you enjoyed! Thank you so much for voting :D Love, Arix

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.2K 3.4K 60
After losing her family, Natasha Romanoff build her company from the ground up. During the rise of her company, she decided she needed an assistant...
98.5K 2.1K 6
Read the first five chapters of the New York Times bestselling Cinder by Marissa Meyer on Wattpad! Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of N...
7.6K 250 14
SLOW UPDATES Mina and Jimin have bee dating for 5 years now. First met when they both were still trainees. They would do everything together, spend...
490K 1.9K 60
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!