Aquiver (Sequel)

By Sammyiams

Read book 1 before you read this! Book 1: Limerence Actual updates will start February 15th, 2017 9 months... More

Sneak Peaks
Time
Thoughts When You're Alone
Twin
Conversations
She's my Bestfriend
I Thought it was Real
Never Assuming
A Day Away is Well Needed
Anything For Char
It Was Worth It
Understanding
Dolan Twins
Confusion
Embarrassing
Family and Friends
Take the Pain Away
Settling In
An Empty Morning
Stunning
Ball
She's Happy
Beautiful
Magical
Don't Tell Her
Him
Telling Her
Memories and Thoughts
Bad Dreams
Worrying
Ask the Author & Characters
Find Her
Taking Care
You've Been Missed
Civilized
Hello
Tell Me a Story
Sing Her a Lullaby
Prince Charming
Better
Closure
Dolan Secret
Thinking Out Loud
Questions and Answers!
Guaduation Day
Authors note

Hurt

874 25 65
By Sammyiams

Instragram usernames here, because I want to follow you guys (: 

Aquiver ~28

•Hayes Grier•

My harsh coughs giving me a headache and I wake from the little sleep I've had. I open my eyes and groan slightly from the pain in my chest from the amount of coughing I've had done.

The small lamp is left on and the television is on low. I look around the room and notice the quietness and my door is closed. I slowly sit up up on the bed taking a better look of the room.

Currently I feel weak and tired and hopefully I can go without my inhaler for a few more hours. I'm not really sure why I can't be given one here. It's a weird thought since I am in a hospital and they should be able to provide just about any medical health related thing here.

I have asthma. I thought I've gotten over that when I was younger. Thought I wouldn't need my inhaler, but I always kept three or four in my room just in case. Nash told me he would bring one to me when he returns, except, I'm not sure how long it will take him to get here.

Why has my asthma suddenly return?

There's a knock to the door. My voice is not strong enough to raise. The door opens a moment later and my mouth parts slightly as I see Charlotte slowly coming in. Her head down and I see Jacob, Nash, and Cam behind her.

I give Nash, Cam and Jacob a look wanting to know why she is here. She shouldn't be here. Cameron rolls his eyes at me, Nash mouths that he's sorry and Jacob shrugs

"Char?" She looks up at me with a disappointed look. "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" She asks hurt. "You're sick for crying out loud and you need your inhaler. Why wouldn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you here."

"Why not?" I look towards the guys, who are still standing by the door. Jacob and Nash looks unsure about this. "Hayes," she snaps me out of my daze. She's obviously not happy at the moment.

"Because I don't want you to," I cough. "Why the hell would you want to come here when you were probably having fun with Jacob?" I frown.

"I'm your bloody best friend and ex girlfriend. Do you think I don't worry about you or something? What is wrong with you?" She asks confused. "Why would you ever think it was the best idea for you to keep this away from me? I've told you already that you still mean a lot to me and I wanted to talk to you. It's really great to know you don't care for my feelings."

"Are you serious?" I ask unbelievably. "Your feelings? I bet you've been fine with Jacob the past day. You're moving on just fine Charlotte."

"I didn't come here to argue with you."

"Then what then?!" The tone in my voice changing and my headache pounding. Does she not understand I'm unwell?

"Hayes..." Nash says sternly. I turn to him in an annoyed look.

"What? You brought her to bitch about why I'm here. I told you to keep her away from here and not tell her. I didn't want her here!" I look towards Charlotte and notice her eyes glossing and I start to calm down. Shit... I shouldn't have done that. She reaches for her pocket.

"I was worried about you," she starts weakly and my heart escalates from the sound of her voice. "I thought we could try to be friends again and maybe... be close like we used to. Does that not meaning to you or mean anything to you? Why can't you just be happy that I'm here for you? I care about you Hayes."

She looks down upset and I look down slightly, noticing that Jacob is holding her hand. I didn't want to upset her. My headache is killing me and she's not really helping and my breathing is sort of off. She pulls away from Jacob to come close to my bed.

"Here," she takes out what seems to be my inhaler from her pocket. "Since I'm really a bother to you, take your stupid inhaler and leave me alone from now on." She throws my inhaler to my lap on top of my blanket before turning on her heels and leaves the room.

"You idiot," Cameron mumbles.

"You're the idiot," Nash frowns. "She obviously was worried for you."

"You just pushed her away," Jacob sighs. "You just... never mind. I need to make sure she's alright." Jacob leaves and I groan as I put my face in my hands.

"Why did I just do that?" I sigh.

"You're sick. You're really not feeling well. You even look weak dude," my brother says.

"That's not an excuse. I just made her upset."

"No shit sherlock," Cameron frowns. "I think you made her more than that. You also indicated that you weren't okay with her being with Jacob. You just messed everything up."

"C-can you get her back here? I have to apologize."

"She's probably not going to want to come back after that. We'll text Jacob," Nash says slowly. "You need to rest. I'll get a nurse to give you something to help you sleep." I nod and bite my lip from the most idiotic thing I have ever done.

•Charlotte Carpenter•

"Char," Jacob calls to me and I turn around in one of the hallways after walking off feeling like I'm having a heartbreak all over again. Why did I ever think it was a good idea to let Hayes back into my life? Why did I ever think I was good enough for him? How did I even meet his best friend standards?

It's so obvious that doesn't want me here or even see me. Why does he have to make me feel so insecure? I wrap my arms, hugging myself as Jacob walks up to me with a concerned look. I look down at the ground and lean against the hall.

"We shouldn't have come," I say quietly and he brings his hands to my waist.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea he was going to react this way," he says softly to me. "He did not mean what he said. He's just not feeling well."

"Was he not feeling well for the past several months? Jacob, he's always finding a reason to hurt me. There's a reason why I don't want to get back together him."

"I know you don't want to get back together with him." Jacob sighs and looks down before looking back at me. "He shouldn't have reacted the way he did. He... wow, he really should have not said some of those things."

"Why did I ever think he would be okay with us seeing each other?" I say sadly. "He saw us and the look he gave us."

"He didn't mean that. I promise." I shake my head and he brings his hands to cup my face. "Hayes, had no filter. Guys can be like that. I promise you that he is alright with us."

"C-can we take it really slow right now?" I close my eyes painfully feeling my face hot and flushed with fresh tears. I open my eyes and he wipes away my tears. He looks just as pained to see me like this. Hayes words has made me more than just a regular upset from him.

"Of course," he says lightly and leans down to peck my lips. "He's going to come around." I shrug and wrap my arms around him to be in his embrace.

"Please don't hurt me like Hayes has," I let out weakly. My aching heart feels like it pulls apart slightly and the slight fear of losing Jacob like I have with Hayes.

"Never. Charlotte, I will never. I could not even imagine ever treating you that way."

"You promise?" We pull away from the hug slightly and Jacob looks directly into my eyes.

"I swear to you. I more than promise. Our relationship will be so important to me when we are together." My heart swelling with his words. He's being so sweet to me and has been so patient with me.

"Soon," I whisper. He leans his forehead against mine.

"And I'll be waiting for you."

~

Thoughts?

I just finished my track season at sectionals. *pic at the beginning* I places for pole vault and these 3 gentlemen here were my biggest supporters one last time. They've been there for me the whole indoor and outdoor season this year (': It was a pretty emotional day saying goodbye. I'm officially no longer a high school athlete, but a college one 💞

Anything exciting with you guys?

Next Update: Saturday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 392 101
So what will happen in the next chapter of the Brielle Severide's life? An arson case? Moving out? The fire academy? Love interests? She's out of h...
3.4M 71.8K 77
Book 1 of 2 ~ You have been added to a groupchat! ~•~ SEQUEL IS OUT NOW ; THE END RESULTS ~•~ Date published: September 20, 2016 Date completed: May...
9.8K 91 32
{ UNDER CONSTRUCTION } "Before I knew the right choice, I had to stop talking and listen. Not listen to my heart, but listen to him . . ." Jazzmyn To...
7. By Little.bopp

Fanfiction

330 3 19
Hayes and Talia have been friends since they were seven....but what happens to teals when they hit high school and Hayes gets his first girlfriend om...