Suit & Tie (Harry Styles au)...

By harrys_rose_tattoo

Harry Styles. 24 years old. CEO. Self made millionaire. He's New York's most eligible bachelor. Every man a... More

NOTE
Chapter 1 - Cooling coffee & failed attempts
Chapter 2 - False identity & fear
Chapter 3 - Smug smiles & surprise tasks
Chapter 4 - Sweaty palms & intense interviews
Chapter 6 - Strong stares & double shots
Chapter 7 - Swift speeds & rude gestures
Chapter 8 - Awkward questions & enclosed elevators
Chapter 9 - Modern penthouse & cold commands
Chapter 10 - Misleading mornings & assertive texts
Chapter 11 - Changing clothes & frazzled friends
Chapter 12 - Night clubs & demanding dances
Chapter 13 - Hungover days & remembering reputations
Chapter 14 - Possible promotion & spilled yogurt
Chapter 15 - Lousy lying & unfair offers
Chapter 16 - Quiet dinner & unexpected ink
Chapter 17 - Cold dinner & lost control
Chapter 18 - Red dresses & revealed rooms
Chapter 19 - Fiddling fingers & taunting calls
Chapter 20 - Female version & risky realisation
Chapter 21 - Morning altercations & craving kisses
Chapter 22 - Business bullshit & unplanned travel
Chapter 23 - Stuffed suitcase & letting loose
Chapter 24 - Flirtatious flight & opening up
Chapter 25 - Childhood crushes & whispering west
Chapter 26 - White weddings & fancy dancing
Chapter 27 - Sushi session & after all
Chapter 28 - Oversize office & exasperation
Chapter 29 - British boys & leaving
Chapter 30 - Mean movies & elegant earrings
Chapter 31 - Concrete curbs & two words
Chapter 32 - Stunned secretary & bowling bet
Chapter 33 - Cheap shoes & bowling balls
Chapter 34 - Football fun & fixing sleeves
Chapter 35 - Monopoly money & delivery drama
Chapter 36 - Sweaty skin & calloused hands
Chapter 37 - Nostalgic nickname & tracing thumbs
Chapter 38 - Charity event & window writing
Chapter 39 - Helpful housekeeper & dirty dancing
Chapter 40 - Frustration & drunken dialogue
Chapter 41 - White wine & frozen peas
Chapter 42 - Maternal manner & hurt hand
Chapter 43 - Spilled spices & losing language
Chapter 44 - Soapy suds & pretty purse
Chapter 45 - Missed messages & borrowed beanie
Chapter 46 - Entire ecosystem & happy holidays
Chapter 47 - Tiered tower & foreseeing future
Chapter 48 - Heart rate & hospital hallway
Chapter 49 - Mental mode & monday mornings
Chapter 50 - Morning mimosas & seasonal snow
Chapter 51 - Knocking knees & tired talk
Chapter 52 - Stealing sushi & paper piles
Chapter 53 - Hamptons home & mumbling mess
Chapter 54 - Liquor lips & blue bombshell
Chapter 55 - Snowman sweater & birthday boy
Epilogue

Chapter 5 - Erractic errands & stolen seats

70.1K 1.4K 804
By harrys_rose_tattoo

It was Friday. The day I had been waiting for since last month. The day that mark the beginning of fall fashion. It was our fall runway show. We had been planning it for a month, everything was perfect down to every little detail.

Jace was shocked when he opened my door at 10 in the morning to find me already awake, sitting on the edge of my bed as I dug the heels of my hands into my eyes to wake myself up.

"I didn't think you could function without me," He mused. I glared up at him sleepily.

"This is a on time thing. Are you making breakfast?"

"Darling. I make breakfast every morning. Why would today be any different?"

"Fair point. Now shoo, I've got to get ready. I'm going to need at least an hour," I explained as I ushered a very amused Jace out of my room. I treated myself to a bath, soaking and letting my muscles relax as I thought.

I no longer had to deal with Harry Styles. We gotten enough in our short interview to post an article. I would never have to see the extremely intimidating but immaculately beautiful man. The stress that had been thrown on me in the few short days I interacted with him was gone.

But a new stress was there, a stress that I didn't quite understand. The stress that I wouldn't ever get to see him again. I just didn't want to be in the same room with him and interact. Ever. I just wanted to do very inappropriate things to his beautiful body.

Jace knocking on the bathroom door dragged me out of my thoughts "Hurry up! We need to get there early."

"Go away!" I shouted back. "I'm dreaming about Harry Styles naked."

"I thought you hated him!"

I sighed as I climbed out of the bath, water sloshing over the side. "I just thing you were right about needing to get laid!"

He giggled from the other side of the door and I heard his footsteps falling away. I wrapped a towel around me and blow dried my hair, curling it so it fell in loose waves around my face. Then I went to my bedroom to get dressed.

I smiled proudly at the outfit I had picked. A deep red romper that fit me perfectly, Alexander McQueen velvet heels that I had stolen from the stock closet, and my favourite black purse with lace details. I wore black and gold jewellery for accessories.

Slipping on the gorgeous heels, I stumbled out of my room, leaning against the wall for support. Then I did my makeup, not to much makeup but just enough. I painted my lips a dark colour and swiped on mascara for finishing touches, and headed to the kitchen.

Jace was singing as he spread jam on our English muffins. I giggled at his outfit. He was wearing red pants with the bottoms cuffed and oxfords for shoes. He had on a checkered, short sleeve button down shirt with his usual bow tie. It was a great outfit, except for the hot pink apron wrapped around his waist.

"Are you laughing at me?" He questioned as he set the muffin in front of me.

"Mhmm," I mumbled with a now full moth. I sipped my coffee to wash down the delicious food. "You look fabulous, especially with your chef's apron. But the red pants and the pink are clashing a little."

"Whatever," He hugged. "I might just wear it to the show. Nice outfit by the way. I didn't even have to pick it out for you."

I stuck out my tongue at him as I finished my muffin and reached for a bowl of strawberries, munching happily on the fresh fruit. After finishing my coffee, I poured us each our usual second to-go cup, and we were out the door.

We hailed a taxi and climbed in as it sped off to our destination. The show was being held at an upscale banquet hall in Brooklyn. Both Jace and I were practically shaking with excitement in the backs seat of the dirty cab.

Finally we arrived. I handed the cab driver the proper change and stepped out, taking the arm Jace offered me with a gracious smile. We walked side by side as usual, arms intertwined and both perfectly dressed.

When we walked inside, it was already hectic. Technicians were running around as they tested the lights. I could barely see Victoria in the corner barking orders as people ran at her beck and call. A very stressful out Alice ran up to me, short blonde bob somehow still looking perfect.

"Oh thank god you're here," She gasped, grasping both of our arms and dragging us as she talked. "One of the models cancelled, a dress is ripped, Victoria is crazier than usual, and we need lunch soon. And Aaron is a complete mess."

Jace and I exchanged a glance as we were led backstage. Victoria follower us in, immediately starting to snap out orders.

"Jace, find us a model. And then find someone to fix the dress. Norah, make sure Aaron has everything he needs, then go get lunch for us," She ordered. "And Alice, make sure the only people that talk to me are actually important. Got it?"

We all nodded and took off, each headed in different directions. I glanced around for Aaron, finally spotting him in the back corner with his head in his hands as an anxious model stood before him. I stalked up and lifted his head by his chin.

"Aaron, get your shit together! Tell me what you need and I'm on it. I'm supposed to be the mess who can't handle anything, not you."

He laughed softly and jerked his head out of my gasp. "That the truth," He teased. "This model hurt her ankle and can't wear the heels that go with an outfit. And she has to wear the shoes, that complete it."

I turned and glared at her. "Who even are you?"

"Im-"

"Nope, stop," I commanded, holding up a hand as an indicator. She looked scared. "Doesn't matter. You have to walk down that runway and you have to look perfect. It only 40 years. Pain is beauty. Now go!"

She scurried away as I smiled triumphantly. Aaron looked pleased. "Next problem?" I smirked.

"Make sure all the right seats are reserved and save me a hassle. I think someone called in this morning and fucked up the ordering."

I nodded and took off, grabbing the seating chart from one person and sipping coffee as I stood on the runway and looked at the white chairs, checking every name with name on the chart and making sure they matched up. All was well, until a worker scrambled up and pulled two names off and moved them back.

"What are you doing?!" I squealed. "Those are where they should be!"

"Sorry, ma'am. Someone more important just called in. They claimed front row seats and we aren't going to say no."

"Who? Who could be more important than..." I trailed off as I glanced down at my chart, looking at who had been moved. "Who could be more important than Tyra Banks, the fashion icon, model, TV show host? Please do inform me."

"I don't know Miss. Just doing my job," The man replied. I groaned in frustration as I stalked away, headed to Victoria for confirmation.

"Victoria, who took Tyra Banks' spot?" I asked. She brushed past me and indicated for me to follow with a wiggle of her fingers. She shouted at random people before finally giving me the time of day.

"Simone more important. Now lunch, please," She sneered, throwing her black hair over her shoulder. I huffed and headed out to the closest sushi restaurant.

I ordered a bunch of different rolls, enough to feed an army, and plopped down in a chair to wait. I tapped away on my phone, scrolling through twitter until my name was called. I paid with the company credit card and stalked back to the event.

In two hours, people would start showing up and mingling, grabbing hor d'oeurves and sipping champagne, dressed head to toe in designer clothes and judging every detail. I tried to avoid the nervousness in my stomach as I set out food on the table back at the show.

Everyone immediately rushed to it, snatching at the sushi rolls and soy sauce relentlessly.

"You guys are animals!" I laughed as I was shoved out the way, my sushi plate in hand. I found a seat backstage and Jace came and sat with me.

"I'm already exhausted," He grumbled.

"Me too, Victoria is awful today," I complained as I adjusted his bow tie. "And someone knocked Tyra Banks out of the first row."

"Sucks for Tyra. She didn't pick Michelle to win the last season of Next Top Model, so I kind of have a grudge against her," Jace shrugged.

"Of course do you," I giggled. "I'm so excited Jace, really. It's our first show that we actually had part in planning. That's like, insanely cool."

"Totally fetch," He agreed.

I shoved him playfully. "Stop trying to make fetch happen, Jace. It's not going to happen!"

As we usually did after quoting Mean Girls, our mutual favourite movie, we burst into fits of laughter. Our fun was taken away when Aaron ran up, gasping about one of the lights not being in the right spot, and we were dragged back to work.

After 2 more gruelling, Victoria filled hours, we were finished. Everything was in place, the runway ready for the models who were now getting their makeup done backstage. I collapsed in a seat in the back, champagne in hand and Jace by my side.

"You ready?" He grinned.

I checked my hair and makeup one last time in the compact mirror before standing up, ready to go mingle shamelessly with some of the top fashion icons and influences in the world. My dream come true.

Grasping Jace's arm, we headed into the crowd, stopping to chat first with a few lesser known models that stopped by the office a lot. Suddenly, he screeched and pulled me away.

"What are you doing?" I kissed, as I adjusted my chunky gold bangle that has been twisted when he grabbed me.

He took me champagne glass form me and set it down on the table, looking at me seriously. I stared back at him with a face of confusion. "Don't look now, but Harry Styles just walked in with Cara Delevingne on his arm and an Armani suit that is to DIE for."

I almost collapsed right there in Jace's arms. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 2.2K 73
๐ฟ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘โ„Ž ๐‘Ž ๐‘š๐‘ฆ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘  ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐ด๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐น๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘”๐‘–๐‘“๐‘ก...
186K 4.3K 50
''When the devil and the angel come together; humanity is born'' Mature content.
134K 4.8K 51
"Luke, we're golden because we're alive." All rights reserved ยฉ๏ธ 2016 by modernarts
46.2K 2.3K 30
ใ€ŠPaperback available on Amazonใ€‹ || Book 1 of Adventures of Wala series || Kali Dracino is a born-and-raised dragon tamer. There hasn't been a single...