Better Than Words

Per jadeeestyles

Life is Freedom. You make your own choices, good or bad. You choose the people you surround yourself with, wh... Més

Better Than Words
Chapter 1 - I Need To Know You
Chapter 2 - You're On
Chapter 3 - The Morning After
Chapter 4 - Let The Fun Times Begin
Chapter 5 - Broken Pieces
Chapter 7 - Hard Night
Chapter 8 - Over Again
Chapter 9 - Better Friends
Chapter 10 - Time To Let Loose
Chapter 11 - When The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 12 - When It Hits You
Chapter 13 - Teamwork
Chapter 14 - Revelations
Chapter 15 - The Past
Chapter 16 - Better Fix This Problem
Chapter 17 - A Different Side
Chapter 18 - There's Hope In Everything
Chapter 19 - Changes and Consequences
Chapter 20 - New Beginnings
Chapter 21 - Good Start
Chapter 22 - History and Complications
Chapter 23 - Apologies and First Dates
Chapter 24 - Brand New Feelings
Chapter 25 - Fast Forward
Chapter 26 - Intervention
Chapter 27 - Patching Some Things Up
Chapter 28 - Party Time
Chapter 29 - Second Chances
Chapter 30 - Falling Apart
Chapter 31 - Challenge Accepted
Chapter 32 - Finding Solutions
Chapter 33 - Painful Happiness
Chapter 34 - Crunch Time
Chapter 35 - The Finals
Chapter 36 - Plane Ride
Chapter 37 - Putting Things in Perspective
Chapter 38 - Keeping Secrets
Chapter 39 - Is This Our End? (Part 1)
Chapter 40 - Is This Our End? (Part 2)
Chapter 41 - Many Firsts
Chapter 42 - Hidden
Chapter 43 - Worth It
Chapter 44 - Spit it Out
Chapter 45 - Hold On Tight
Chapter 46 - No More Secrets to Hide
Chapter 47 - Time to Go
Chapter 48 - Distractions
Chapter 49 - Acceptance and Approval
Chapter 50 - Is This True?
Chapter 51 - Complete
Chapter 52 - Incomplete
Chapter 53 - Merry Christmas to Us (Part 1)
Chapter 54 - Merry Christmas to Us (Part 2)
Chapter 55 - Slip Ups
Chapter 56 - Sacrifices and Reality
Chapter 57 - Dangerously Stunned
Chapter 58 - Love and Safety
Chapter 59 - Drugged and Dragged
Chapter 60 - Saving Her
Chapter 61 - Hanging On
Chapter 62 - Lifeline
Chapter 63 - Until We Meet Again
Chapter 64 - I Know You
Chapter 65 - Remembering
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2

Chapter 6 - 20 Questions

1.2K 55 17
Per jadeeestyles

Harry's POV

I can't wait to get this day over with so I can see Jade. Liam and I were in Calc and our professor was just rambling about limits and whatever. I wasn't paying attention.

I know Liam likes Jade, he's not doing a very good job of hiding it. I saw her first though, so he's got to back off.

I don't think I can lie to myself anymore. I like Jade. Even though I haven't known her long, I guess it was love at first sight? Damn, Harry. What's happening to you?

"Harry, can I borrow a pencil? Mine ran out of lead." Liam whispered.

"Mr. Payne, Mr. Styles, care to share your conversation with the class?" The professor said.

"I was just asking Harry if I could borrow a pencil." Liam said. The teacher nodded and continued with his lecture. I handed Liam my pencil.

Soon enough it was time to go, I was bouncing in my seat and once we were dismissed I ran out of the room.

I quickly got into my car and headed home to change before I picked Jade up. When I finished changing I shot a text to Jade.

Hopefully your classes are finished? I'll pick you up in an hour? Text me back and let me know.

I didn't want to wait an hour to see her but I have to give her time to get ready and I don't want to seem too excited. I don't even know if she's done class.

Pacing back and forth in my room while staring at my phone was making me go mad.

"Mate? Are you in here?" I heard Zayn ask on the other side of the door.

"Yeah, come in." I said and he appeared. "Hey, where are you off to?" Zayn asked.

"I'm gonna hang out with Jade." I told him. "Oh, right." He said quietly.

"What's up?" I asked him. "I was just gonna ask if you wanted to go out with me and Louis, but I forgot you and Jade were going out." He said with a smile.

I felt bad for Zayn and the other night I told myself that I'd be there for him whenever he needed me, but I don't want to cancel with Jade. What do I do?

"What time are you and Louis heading out?" I asked him. Maybe I can hang out with both of them.

"Around 6? 7?" He told me. "It's okay though! You go out with Jade mate. Have fun." He said with a real smile.

"If we're done early, I'll text you and I'll head over wherever you guys are, alright?" I told him. He just gave me a nod and exited the room.

I didn't even hear or feel my phone vibrate, but a text from Jade was flashing on the screen.

I should be ready in 15, pick me up then?

I wasn't hesitant with my reply.

I'll be there :)

I felt bad for ditching Zayn when he needed me but he did say it was okay. I left my room and headed downstairs.

"Someone's super excited." Niall pointed out once I reached him in the kitchen with Liam. Liam just gave me a glare.

Next time, I'm not giving him my pencil. "We're just hanging out. It's not a date. So shut it leprechaun." I shot at Niall as I took his apple and bit it.

"Snappy much? Can I go with you? I wanna see how Jesy's doing." He asked and took his apple back. I just nodded and he left me alone with Liam.

"Harry, if you hurt her, just know that I won't be able to hold myself back." Liam warned me.

"Would you back off Liam? She's not yours, and besides I saw her first. So you need to calm down and stop acting like you own her." I said before I left him in the kitchen.

"Horan! Let's go!" I yelled up the stairs and left the house.

Once Niall and I were in the car there was silence. "So tension between you and Liam eh?" Niall said to break the silence.

"I don't know what his problem is, honestly. He thinks that she's his, but she's not. She doesn't belong to anyone." I told Niall. He just nodded.

"What's the story between you and Jesy?" I asked him to change the subject. The more we talk about Liam, the more I wanna push him off a cliff.

"Nothing, she's cool. She also let me touch her at the party." He laughed.

"Louis said they were off limits Niall! He's gonna kill you if he finds out." I told him while shaking my head. We were nearing the dorms now.

"Well you're going out with Jade." He pointed out. "We're hanging out! It's not a date!" I told him.

I parked the car and he just chuckled as we entered the dorms. "I don't even know where her room is." I told him.

"Follow me." He said. How does he know where it is? "I bumped into Leigh when I took that girl home. So their room has to be near here." He said.

Just then I spotted Perrie leaving a room. "Perrie!" I shouted.

She turned and looked and gave us a smile. "Hey boys! Jade's in there Harry." She said pointing towards the room she just left.

"Thanks Pez." I said. "That's a nice nickname. I like it." She said.

"See you guys later." She said as she entered a room across the hall. I knocked on the door and Jesy opened it.

"Hey Harry!" She said and gestured for me to come in. "Niall's here too." I told her. Her eyes widened and she looked uncomfortable.

"Hey Jes." Niall said as he entered. "Hey." Jesy said shyly. What is Niall trying to do with this girl? I wish he would just leave her alone. She looks so scared.

I turned towards Jade and she looked absolutely beautiful. "Wow." I said.

"Am I dressed for the right occasion? Where are we going anyway?" She asked.

I couldn't stop looking at her. Even though she was just in jeans and a simply shirt, she was gorgeous.

"Harry?" I heard her say. "Yeah, I thought we could do something fun. Ever tried bowling?" I asked her.

"A couple of times, I'm not very good at it." She said with a smile. "Well neither is Harry, you guys go and have fun." Niall shot.

"Let's go?" I asked Jade and held my arm out for her. She gladly took and she gave me a smirk. "Not a date remember?" She said.

"Yes ma'am! I remember! We're just hanging out." I told her. "Niall! Behave and don't annoy Jesy!" I shot before I closed the door behind us.

I drove us to the nearest bowling arena and I paid for the games, much to Jade's annoyance. "You should have let me paid!" She said as we were putting our shoes on.

"Don't worry about it." I reassured her. The lanes were pretty empty because it was Monday, which I liked.

I can get to know Jade better. I looked up on the screen and it said that I was first. "Are you ready to get beat?" I asked her with a wink.

"You wish Harry!" She laughed. Her laugh was so cute. I could listen to it all day.

I went up and rolled my ball, it hit two pins. That's better than usual. "Ha! I hit two! Beat that!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sure I can do better than that." She smiled. "Let's see you try." She went up and rolled her ball. She hit a strike. She turned around and gave me a smirk. "How's that?"

"You lied to me didn't you? You do know how to bowl!" She just laughed at me.

"Since we're supposed to be hanging out and getting to know each other better, wanna play 20 questions? I know it's cliche but it gets fun after awhile." I suggested before I went up for my turn.

"Sure, what's your favourite colour?" She asked me. "Um...orange." I rolled my ball and I managed to hit more pins this time and I started jumping up and down.

"Did you see that?" I asked her. She just laughed at me. "What's your favourite food?" I asked her.

"Lasagna." She said and got up to take her turn. "Really? You have to meet my mom. She makes the best lasagna." I said, and I regretted it as soon as I saw her face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make things weird." I told her quickly.

"No, Harry it's okay." She smiled and sat back down. "Tell your mom to send a pan over." She joked. Thank God. I thought I had pushed too much.

"Next time I talk to her." I told her and went up for my turn. "What's your favourite vacation spot Harry?" She asked.

That's a tough question, I've only ever went on a real vacation once, with... I can't even say her name.

"Um, I've never gone on a real vacation, but I'd like to go somewhere nice and warm." I told her.

"You've never gone on vacation? Not even when you were younger?" She asked.

"Well, my mom and my dad got divorced when my sister and I were young, and we stayed with our mom but she was always working because we were always short on money. So we never really had a vacation." I shrugged.

I've never shared that much information about myself with anyone but the boys and... I have to forget her. Now Jade knows too. I can't believe I just told her that.

"Harry? Are you alright?" Jade said as she got up for her turn.

"Yeah. I did go to Liam's house in California once. I don't know if that counts. Um, what's your favourite book?" I asked to change the subject.

She looked deep in thought. "That's a tough question! I have so many favourites." She smiled before she hit another strike.

"Come on! You're totally cheating!" I yelled out. She just laughed. "Favourite subject?" She asked me.

"English. It's the easiest for me." I shrugged. "You're majoring in English aren't you?" She eyed me. I just nodded.

"Don't tell anyone. It's a secret." I said with a smile. I saw her eyes move to my lips for a quick second.

I could tell she wanted to kiss me and I wanted to kiss her too, but I can't. We're just friends. Only friends Harry, remember that.

"Styles?" I heard a high-pitched voice. I turned around to see who had called me. It was Allison, the girl I slept with a couple of weeks ago.

I met her at a club a few days before school started and we ended up having a one night stand at her place. "Hey." I chirped.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you since that night!" She winked. I turned to see Jade look uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I'm good. That your boyfriend?" I gestured to the guy headed towards us.

"Yeah, that's Cole. I met him the next night." She laughed. Wow, well she gets around.

"This your girlfriend?" She asked. "Um.. No, This is Jade. My friend." I told her.

Jade held out her hand and Allison took it with a smile. "Nice to meet you, I'm Ali." She said. "Nice too meet you Ali." Jade said.

"Well, see you around Styles." Allison winked and took her boyfriend with her towards the other end of the lanes.

"You guys seem close." Jade said. "What? No, I meet her at a club before school started. That's all." I told Jade as I rolled my ball. I turned to face her and her eyes opened wide.

"Harry! You bowled a strike!" She shot and I turned around to see all the pins knocked down.

I grabbed Jade and gave her a hug and spun her around. We were both laughing until I realized what I had done and put her down.

"I'm sorry Jade, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable and invade your bubble." I said as I scratched the back of my neck. She just smiled.

"Don't worry, you didn't." Then she got close to me and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"I think you deserve that for your strike." My heart was beating so fast that it felt like it was going to explode,

I could feel my cheeks turning red. I haven't felt this way in a long time. Yes, I've been with girls numerous times but none of them has ever made me feel the way Jade just did with her tiny gesture.

"Are you alright Harry?" She looked at me. Words can't even describe how beautiful she is.

I have never looked at a girl the way I look at Jade, except for... her. But she's in the past. Jade is here now. "Yeah, I'm great."

Jade's POV

Harry's been really nice and sweet throughout the night. He really did deserve that kiss, but hopefully he didn't take in any way.

I need to focus on me right now, but... Harry is really cute. Plus, he's putting a great deal of effort into getting to know me.

Could I be falling for Harry? I've only known him for a few days, I can't be.

"What's your favourite animal Jade?" He asked me. I rolled my ball and missed completely. He chuckled.

"Just because you got one strike doesn't mean you can be brag!" I shot at him and stuck my tongue out.

"And my favourite animal are dogs. They are just so adorable. I wish I could have one here." I told him. "Dogs are cute." He nodded.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me. I clutched my stomach, it's starting to hurt now. I gave him a nod.

"You wanna head to the diner again?" He asked me. "Yes! I would like that." I responded.

"Okay, let's finish this game first." He said and bowled another strike.

"You just got lucky." I shot. We finished the game and I ended up winning only by a few points. I've never had so much fun with anyone, aside from the girls of course.

We arrived at the diner shortly after and Dot welcomed us. "Back for more you two?" She smiled. She led us to a table for two in the back.

"Still need a menu?" Harry and I both shook our heads. "Give me the fish and chips again Dot! They were amazing!" I told her.

"I want the same thing Dot." Harry said right after. "Also, two chocolate shakes." He added. "Coming right up!" She said and left.

I gave him a look. How did he know I liked chocolate? "I saw what you were drinking the other night, so I just assumed." He shrugged.

"So I think you were lying to me earlier. You and Allison are close, aren't you?" I teased him.

"Why, are you jealous?" He teased back. I scoffed. "You wish Styles." I stuck my tongue out at him. That made him laugh.

I looked at my phone it was already nearing half past 7. I didn't know we've been hanging out for almost 2 and a half hours.

Harry's phone started ringing. "Sorry." He apologized as he answered the phone, I just nodded and gave him a smile. 

"What?! Is he okay?" I heard him exclaim into the phone. "Where are you guys?" He asked the other person on the line. "Okay." He said.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him. "No, apparently Zayn got in fight at a club." He said.

"Oh, do you have to go?" I asked. "Well, Louis asked me if I could pick them up because Zayn is drunk off his ass and won't leave." He explained.

"Oh, alright. You go ahead, I can just catch a cab home." I told him and started getting my things. I looked for Dot, we have to tell her to cancel our order.

"No, I'll take you home first." He said as he got up and headed for the counter.

"It's okay Harry, I can take a cab." I gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's getting late Jade. I want to make sure you're safe." He said. "Dot, we have to run. I'm really sorry. I'll pay for the food. Zayn's in trouble, so I gotta go get him." Harry said really fast and handed Dot a fifty.

"Okay Harry, make sure Zayn's okay." Dot shot. "Bye Jade!" She added. I gave her a wave bye before we got out of the door and headed for the dorms.

I got out of the car but Harry followed after me. "Harry, you can go to Zayn now. They're probably waiting for you." I told him as I held his shoulders and the tingle in my stomach started.

I quickly pulled my hand away. Why do I get this feeling every time I touch Harry? This is weird.

"I'm taking you to your room Jade." He pushed. I sighed. "Okay." We continued the walk up to my room in silence.

Once we reached the door Harry turned to me, "I'm really sorry I had to cut this short, we didn't even get a chance to have dinner." His eyes showed true sadness, I could tell he really was sorry.

I gave him a smile, "It's okay Harry. We can have dinner another night, maybe even with girls and your friends."

He just nodded. "I enjoyed hanging out with you today Jade, I'm glad you said yes." I returned his smile. Those dimples will be the death of me.

"Me too Harry. Let's do it again soon?" I heard myself ask. His eyes lit up and he quickly nodded.

"Yes! I'd love to, and next time I promise, no interruptions." He said.

"Thank you for everything Harry." I told him.

"No need to thank me Jade. Have a good night." I gave him a genuine smile. "You too Harry, good luck with Zayn."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3.5K 211 18
Completed 1949. Perrie Edwards, daughter of the influential General Edwards, lives in affluence and abundance among parties attended by the rich and...
50.1K 561 14
*Disclaimer* I started this in 2012, when I was 13 and Direction obsessed. It is now Jan. of 2017 and I'm almost 18. I'm completely redoing this sto...
15.9K 751 42
Completed Jade and Perrie are a happy couple... more or less, and members of one of the most famous band in the world. When something unthinkable div...
14.3K 642 20
ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ x ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪx "You're such a loser Jade." I pushed him off my lap and a loud thump abrupted from the floor. He stood up and so did I. H...