More Than Business

By nicki0rih

Nicki's fashion empire she built with her best friend, Lydia, turns out to be an international success. Balan... More

More Than Business
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 57 (part2)
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159

Chapter 82

268 14 7
By nicki0rih

NICKI POV

Before we even got into the building a group of girls had stopped us before the interview. I had Allison in my arms, I'd brought her along.. just because.

"Oh my Godddd!!" one of the girls squealed as we got out of the car.

"Is that Allison?" Another pointed out.

Aubrey had decided to stay home tonight, which was fine, Lydia and I had an Uber black drive us there.

"What are you guys doing out here?" I asked the group of girls, "The interview doesn't start for another hour and a half."

"We were hoping we'd get to see you guys." One spoke up.

My heart melted, they were so adorable.

Before I knew it, Lydia and I were walking on stage to begin our interview. Allison was now in Lydia's arms and completely unbothered by the audiences cheering.

"You two always look amazing!" The blonde woman greeted us as we sat on the sofa beside hers.

"Thank you." Lydia and I smiled simultaneously.

"So this is just something we do on this show, but we call it the 30-second preview" she introduced, "I have a set of questions, for both of you, but only one of you has to play."

"Nic, you should." Lydia said right away.

"You're gonna do it?" the woman raised her eyebrows at me.

I nodded and playfully shoved Lydia.

"Alright I'm gonna start the timer.."

The first questions were simple, favorite color, etc...

"Least favorite fabric?"

"Velour "

My words moved faster than my brain.

"coffee or tea?"

"coffee"

"Top or bottom?"

"bottom"

"Lydia or Aubrey?"

"Lydia"

"Times up!" She announced.

My brain caught up as the audience cheered, I looked at Lydia.

"Il va te tuer." she warned. he's gonna kill you

"je sais."

The interview continued, I stayed up to speed now, hoping to cover up my mistake. Overall, I kept my cool.

"Now, there's news circulating about a custody battle concerning the two of you."

"I dont wanna speak about that...." I dragged out my words.

"Oh?"

"We're kinda hoping it'll get dropped." Lydia explained, "But we'll see how tomorrow goes."

Before I knew it, the interview had ended, and Lydia and I had pulled up in front of the house. We walked inside and I took Allison from Lydia's arms. I saw Aubrey's mom sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Hey." I faked a smile, though I'd been fighting back tears the whole ride home.

"If I'd known you two would be back so soon, I would have started dinner." she said standing up.

"No, its fine.. I don't have much of an appetite right now anyways." I readjusted Allison's position in my arms.

"We watched the interview, I think you two were lovely." she complimented.

"Thanks, I'm sure your son has a different opinion." I sighed. "Where is he?"

"Are you sure you don't wanna give him some space?" she cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Honestly, I've been eating myself up about it so much, that I just want to talk to him and get it over with.. Its gonna hurt either way." I stated.

She nodded and pointed up the stairs.

"Thanks."

With every step I took up the stairs, the urge to cry became harder and harder to suppress. When I reached the top, he was leaving the nursery. He glanced at me for less than half of a second before walking into our bedroom. I contemplated bringing Allison with me, but I decided on letting her lay in her crib for once today. I instead walked in to OJ's room, he was playing with toy cars.

"Hey baby-boy." I knelt beside him.

He looked up at me, "Mommy!" he hugged me tight. He didn't know about the custody battle just yet, I couldn't imagine him not being here.

"How are you?" I pulled away from the hug and kissed his forehead.

He smiled up at me, "great!" his smile made my day. I ran my fingers through his tight curls and became lost in his essence. He was always absolutely perfect to me: his soft light taupe skin, tuscan brown eyes, and otter brown curly hair. His face was perfectly rounded, his nose had the perfect shape, his candy-pink lips were the perfect combination between thin and plump. Every time he called me Mommy I felt like I was on top of the world.

I came back to reality, and he was cuddled in my arms. He had on of my hands in his, and it seemed as though he was examining it. I sat with him for a little bit as I gathered my thoughts. By the time I was mentally prepared to face Aubrey, OJ was fast asleep.

I entered my bedroom after putting OJ in his bed. Aubrey was coming out of the shower, he had a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Babe, I'm so-so sorry." the tears fell as I stood there facing him. "I swear, I didn't mean anything by it. The time was counting down and I didn't think it through. She was just the first one to come to my mind because she was sitting right next to me at the time. I swear!"

By then, the flood of tears from my eyes blurred my vision but I couldn't stop pleading. "I feel like the worst fiancée in the world. And you probably hate me, and I don't blame you. That was the dumbest thing I could've said. And I know you're sick of the shit and you're already still on the fence about her and I. I just need you know how bad I feel about this."

I took a deep breath and let some tears fall.

"Are you done yet?" he asked calmly.

I tried to wipe my tears, but there were more than I had anticipated. I suddenly felt Aubrey standing directly in front of me and he began wiping my tears with his towel.

"Why aren't you yelling at me?" I asked as I was finally able to open my eyes and stare directly into his.

His hand caressed my face, "I can tell you're already upset with yourself. And if I yell at you, it'll ruin the entire night I had planned for you."

"Y-you planned a night for me?" I croaked.

"I wanted to give you a special night so that tomorrow will be a little less stressful." he explained.

"You're the best." I managed a smile as he tucked my hair behind my ears. He leaned towards me and pressed his lips gently against mine. His tongue grazed the entrance of my mouth delicately, I opened my mouth slightly and his tongue invaded graciously. As our tongues wrestled playfully, his hands made their way slickly down my body and rested firmly on my hips. The kiss continued for what seemed like a lifetime, and it was a helluva lifetime too. We broke away from the kiss and I stared up into his eyes once more, "I think I'm loving this night already."

"Get undressed, I'm gonna run you a bath." he ordered, sitting me down on the bed and walking into the bathroom. I did as he said, taking off my heels first, then my dress until I was completely naked. By then Aubrey had returned.

After the bath, he sat me on the bed and dried me off with a towel. Our eyes locked as he slowly lotioned my body and combed through my hair. He laid me on my stomach and began massaging my back. When he had finished, he retrieved a tray from his dresser that I hadn't noticed. I sat up on the bed as he positioned himself beside me. He opened the tray to reveal a surplus of assorted fruits. He grabbed a strawberry and put it against my lips, I stared into his eyes as I bit it slowly. After that strawberry, I reached for a pineapple as he discarded the stem.

"You must think you're gonna get," he winked at me as he flicked his tongue. I giggled and ate the pineapple.

"Well in that case," I grabbed another and fed it to him, mimicking his wink. He cocked an eyebrow at me and I bit my lip. We continued feeding each other fruit and flirting with our eyes. Eventually we fell into conversations as we ate, we talked about various things. Internally, I recalled how insecure he'd been about our often lack of conversation, in comparison to Lydia and I's. But I didn't say that aloud.

I woke up to a knock on the bedroom door. I recognized the knock, and rolled out of bed. The sun wasn't up yet, but I threw on a t-shirt and shorts before opening the door. OJ stared up at me holding a teddy bear with teary eyes.

"Whats wrong baby boy?" I joined him in the hallway and knelt before him. He didn't respond, just simply shook his head and tears fell from his eyes. I pulled him into a hug and he held me so tight, that I knew that he could tell something was going to happen today.

I pulled away from the hug to be sure, "Are you okay?"

He nodded.

"Did you have a bad dream?"

He shrugged.

"Tomorrow is gonna be a very important day.. I can't tell you why yet, but Mommy needs you to get a good nights sleep, okay?" I told him.

Tears streamed down his cheeks and I pulled him back into a hug.

"You want me to sleep in your room with you? Will that help?" I asked, rubbing his back. He nodded against my chest. I scooped him up into my arms and carried him into his room. We laid on his bed, he snuggled himself against me as I played with his curls. We were both asleep almost instantly.

QOTD: Y'all ain't respond to my anouncement😂🙄 so umm yeah.. lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 8.2K 29
Kith never thought that her senior year of high school would be spent in a frat house, especially the frat house of her ex-best friend's, douchey, ir...
757 36 27
My cousin broke her heart. I'm going to be the one to fix it. I'll do everything I can to. *mature themes, language, trigger warnings* Started: May...
112K 3K 16
It's a nicki/cardi/you story Just read the damn story😐
219K 4.7K 31
Hi Im naj and this is my life nd story of being my mothers keeper nd Nicki Minaj's daughter!