NaLu: What Changed

By bLaCk_glaSs

Lucy returns after eighteen long months. She has changed. So has Natsu. After Natsu broke up with Lucy, it w... More

Disclaimer
★Prologue★
★Chapter 1★
★Chapter 2★
★Chapter 3★
★Chapter 4★
★Chapter 5★
★Chapter 6★
★Chapter 7★
★Chapter 8★
★Chapter 9★
★Chapter 10★
★Chapter 11★
★Chapter 12★
★Chapter 13★
★Chapter 14★
★Chapter 15★
★Chapter 16★
★Chapter 17★
★Chapter 18★
★Chapter 19★
★Chapter 20★
★Chapter 21★
★Chapter 22★
★Chapter 23★
★Chapter 24★
★Chapter 25★
★Chapter 26★
★Chapter 27★
★Chapter 28★
★Chapter 29★
★Chapter 30★
★Chapter 32★

★Chapter 31★

104 2 1
By bLaCk_glaSs

~Juvia's P. O. V. ~

I blacked out first.

*flashback end*

I looked around frantically for Mira-san, and aaw her slumped near the bed with multiple needles on her elbow. "Mira-san!" I ran over to her, going in uncontrolled zigzags since my legs still felt like heavy lead. I pulled out the needles and tried to shake her awake. When she wouldn't, I carried her onto the bed then fished around for my phone to call Erza-san.

"Juvia?"

"Erza-san! How are things going over there?" I asked.

"Gray and Natsu have gone to chase after Lucy. Apparently she was kidnapped and brought into a black van. How's things on your end? Is Haru okay?"

"Juvia's afraid not, something happened." I said nervously, and related everything to her.

~Jellal's P. O. V. ~

As we slid into our cars to provide back up, Erza's knuckles whitened as she gripped her phone tightly. I laid a hand on her free one. "Erza, baby, are you okay?" I asked. She lifted a finger, indicating for me to wait. After we were driving on the road for ten minutes, she nodded grimly. "Okay," I heard her say. "Call up Sabertooth High, we have things to settle. Take Laxus' car, he's waiting at the rooftop. You know what to do right?" She asked.

"Okay. Okay. Goodbye." She said after Juvia's response, and ended the call.

"Well?" I asked. "Apparently..." Erza told me all that Juvia said to her. My own rage boiled up. "Jerkbag." I muttered. "How do you know where to go?" Erza changed the subject. "I coded another tracker to the same GPS that's on the black van. We can follow it. We're supposed to be reinforcements, I had this much in mind. No way would I risk only Natsu and Gray knowing where she is, however much I trust them." I said. "Mm. Go faster. Levy and Gajeel are gonna overtake us." She urged me. "Where's Cana?" I asked.

"Here." A drunk slurred voice rose from the backseat.

"HOLY SHIT" I shouted, shocked. My foot instinctively stepped violently on the brakes. "THE HELL CANA?!" "Didn't you know? She was taking our car." Erza raised an eyebrow at me. "SHE WAS SO QUIET I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE SHE WAS THERE." I screeched in indignance. "I gave her booze to shut her up." Erza shrugged. A horn glared from behind and I checked the reflector mirror. Gajeel was glaring at us and was asking us to hurry up. Erza gave him the finger and I lurched the car forward with a step of the accelerator.

"Did you just flash the finger?"

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

"What now?" Gray whispered. "Can't see."

"Isn't it obvious? Remember how I have ex-tra-or-di-na-ry night vision? Shh. Let me concentrate." I whispered. My footsteps made no sound as Gray crept behind me silently. We made our way through the dark warehouse. "Hold up." I said.

"INCOMING!" I shouted and kicked Gray to a side while tumbling to the other. A bullet landed right in the middle of the space between the both of us. I fished around my pocket violently for a lighter and set a box beside me in fire. Then I hurled the lit box into the dark from where the bullet came from. Fire erupted, bathing the dirty stained walls with a orange gold glow.

The light flickered upon his face.

No, it is was a her.

Ayusaki Yuuhi. (A/N: Remember her? The one who tried hitting on Natsu but Natsu was like "I'm taken."?)

"A...Ayusaki Yuuhi!" Gray sputtered before I could. "Hii~To whom do I owe this pleasure of two school hunks in my presence?" She smiled. "What are you doing here?!" I shouted. "The real question is, why are you here?" She asked coyly. "We're taking Lucy back." I said firmly. "Hand her over." Gray ordered.

"What are you talking about? Who's Lucy?" She sang innocently. "Do not attempt to play dumb. I know you know where she is. I would go as far as to say you had a part in kidnapping her." I growled. "Hm, let's see. Did I? Did I not? Who knows. Anyway..." She smirked smugly and held the gun up.

"You're gonna be taken captive here, so there isn't really a point telling you." She shrugged. "Where. Is. She." Gray gritted his teeth. "Don't take me for a fool. I would not just hand her over to you. Of course, you could offer to be mine and I might consider negotiating with my boss." She shrugged, swinging the pistol on a finger. The fire raged and grew bigger and bigger, now creating a little wall metres long in between us and her. Gray grabbed a dry ice spray out of his pocket and within a minute drizzled the fire down to nothing but ash and burnt concrete. "Don't force us to lay a finger on you. We have a lighter and a dry ice spray." I threatened.

"We have guns."

She slipped another gun out of the holster and fired both in quick succession at us. I grunted as a bullet singed past, yet not quite, my face and left a long cut on my cheek. I hissed in pain and glared at her before charging towards her. She quickly dropped a gun in shock but numbly fired the other twice, forcing me to dodge as another bullet lodged itself into my shoulder. She walked slowly towards me with a maniac-like smile. "I did like you. Waste of a pretty face." She whispered. "Fuck off." I growled, leaping forward, only to see her tackled by Gray as he wrenched the remaining gun out of her hands and held both guns in hand.

I shot up and pinned her down, then shot her leg at a weak spot so she couldnt move. Once she couldn't move, we left her and sped forward.

Wait for me, Lucy.

~Gray's P. O. V. ~

We sprinted ahead, blindly following twists and turns and kicking down doors. Well, I was being silent like an actual infiltration. Natsu was just running around and cussing and slamming doors open looking for Lucy. We're seriously gonna get caught.

"Dude, how about staying quiet for a while and actually calmly figuring out how and where to go? You're like some mindless madman." I grumbled, shoving him (and getting pushed twice as hard in return) and edging forward. "Use your hearing. Now. Time to put the actual talent to use. It's no point asking you to strategize, you're too dumb." I hissed. He glared fiercely at me then nudged past me, focusing.

After ignoring many locked rooms (I ignored them. Natsu decided to kick them down nevertheless and throw something he set on fire with his lighter inside) and groping around in some bouts of darkness, we stopped behind a rusty, dirty door that looked like it had never been touched. We positioned ourselves, and the doors came crashing down from the force our legs exerted. "Ladies first." I made a grand sweeping gesture. "Tch, you bastard." He rolled his eyes andddd...

A knife stabbed the rotting wood behind Natsu, an inch away from his face. His eyes widened. Another three knives flew out of the darkness, Natsu spotting them and rolling out, grabbing me in the process, of reach.

"Shame. I'll hit the dot next time, you can be assured of that." A smooth slimy voice spoke. Enraged, I heaved myself off the ground and out of Natsu's grasp.

"SHOW YOURSELF FUCKBOY" I shouted.

"Wait. This voice. I know this voice. I've heard it before." Natsu tightened his grip on my shoulder. His eyes soon widened in realization and his mouth edged open slowly.

"Ahh, Natsu-kun. How have you been doing?" The voice came again. I whipped my head towards Natsu. "You know him?" I sounded harsher than I meant to be. "He...what...." He sputtered. His voice caught and he dashed to the front, narrowly missing all the knives thrown at him by a couple of centimeters, swooping down to pick a rock and continuing to run, setting the rock on fire at the same time and throwing it to the ground. Same old same old.

Once again the warm glow of the fire spread around the room and I saw a little better. Natsu was now panting as his wrist was caught in another man's grip.

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

I swung a fist at the man who seemed so familiar yet I feared that my suspicions were right about. A cold hand stopped my wrist. I gritted my teeth and the light of the fire fell on his face.

My eyes went wide and my face turned paper white.

Zeref.

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

I groaned with my lips pressed together. My voice was hoarse and my mouth dry. Mentally and temporarily unstable, I forced my eyes open slowly, wincing as the light hit me sharply like a slap to the face. My eyelids were akin to heavy curtains, persistent on closing. My brain was mush. Sleep, it said. Sleep. I just felt like obeying my brain for the rest of 2017 but I couldn't. A gut feeling was telling me to wake up. Stay alert. Shit is going down.

I felt like I had been either deprived of sleep or had slept for a month. My body felt heavy. Once my vision adjusted, I struggled to comprehend the situation I was in. Looking around and rocking on my ass until I could finally sit upright, I was in a dark room with a sad looking creaky table and chair which already had split spikes and fragments of piercing wood. Correction, I was tied to the chair. The dead knot on my hands and feet dug into my skin and made me feel uncomfortable. I was left with oodles of questions. Where was I? What happened? Who brought me here?

And...

Was it gunshots I heard?

Was it shouts I heard?

Was it the voices of my brother and....Natsu...that I heard?

Most importantly,

was it hope I felt? Or despair knowing that we'd all perish?

AND I UPDATED OML FINALLY.

Smack this lazy ass mfg thanks for reading and voting/commenting (if you did. If you didn't do it well now would be a good time to [jk] )

Bubbye ilysm 💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 1.1K 10
This is the sequel to When It All Began and warning there is language and MAJOR spoilers if you have not read up to chapter 465! _____________ It's b...
40.3K 1.7K 26
"So.." he began, shifting to look at her now instead. "Why'd you leave?" There it was, the question she had dreaded from the start. Lucy closed her e...
24.1K 649 14
When Natsu finally realizes the importance of his loved ones after the loss and grief of a death in the guild, Natsu is sent straight into oblivion. ...
37.2K 1K 43
After getting out of a toxic relationship, Lucy Heartfilia goes home to Magnolia to escape California and memories of her old boyfriend. Is it a coi...