Nerds

By kxkx0504

Sakura, Hinata, Ino, and Tenten are the popular girls. They have everything: smarts, looks, and personality.T... More

Popular girls
The nerds
Nice to meet you
Partners
Why him?
Troublesome...
Sparring
The real you
Hurt
Cherry blossom
Project
Aren't you.....?
Wait...what?
Texting
Sleepover?
Scary movies, screaming, and....hugging?
Gaming!
Truth or dare part 1
Truth or dare part 2
Christmas special
Star gazzing
The Uchihas
Kidnnaped!
Party time!
Worried (Part 1)
Worried (part 3)
The plan
Getting ready
The big day
Darkness
Power
Nasuro
Sasori
The last
Dinner
Problems occour again
Strategy
Authour's note (Please do not skip)
Dinner #2
Problem solved
Future time!

Worried (part 2)

2.7K 103 15
By kxkx0504

~Tenten's POV~

"Neji!" I yelled. The said person turned around and faced me. His lavender eyes widened and his mouth was slightly open. I fought the urge to laugh.

I (somehow) managed to stop myself from laughing at his face. "I...you....I can't believe you....and I", I stutterer.

I couldn't find the right words to say.

Neji sighed and gazed at the lake that was in front of him. "What is it?" He asked. I stopped and took a deep breath. "Hinata told me what happened. She told me how much you loved me, and how much you care about me" I started to say. Neji sighed again, but this time it sounded like he was frustrated. He looked directly in my eyes. "Get to the point" he said. His voice was gruff and sounded like he was getting annoyed.

I was started to get annoyed too, but I calmed down. If I react, I might make things even worse than it already is. "I'm sorry. You've been suffering more than I have and...and when you told me about the story of Hinata, I regretted it. I'm really sorry, I should've trusted you.." I said. I closed my eyes as I said it. I was expecting a "it's ok", (or if I did something wrong and somehow made it even worse, "no it's not okay") but he was silent. In fact a little TOO silent. I was afraid that he had left me by myself. I slowly opened my left eye and sneaked at peek at him. He was still sitting down on the bench. I looked at his reaction. Nothing.

I shut my eyes again but this time tighter. I wished that I was just dreaming. I pinched myself just to be sure, but all I got was pain.

  I really wish I can go under a rock and die....or fall in a hole...or...

  I kept making scenarios in my head where I die just so I wouldn't have to feel embarrassed. As I was on my 10th scenario, I heard Neji laugh. It was soft and almost faint. I almost couldn't hear it due to the wind. I slowly opened my eyes to see Neji smiling. SMILING.

Am I in heaven...?

I pinched myself again. "Ow..." I hissed and rubbed my arm. "I just can't stand being mad at you.."he said. "And.......I'm sorry...I shouldn't have forced you" he said and looked back at the lake. He looked like he was having a hard time saying "sorry".

I smiled, happy that we were finally back together and our problem solved. "Come here, you look cold" Neji said and spread his arms wide. I ran to his arms and hugged him, and he placed his arm around me. I snuggled in closer. Neji leaned in and kissed me. That just made me even happier.

"Maybe we should continue this in your house. The parents don't seem to like our display of emotions" Neji said in a whisper after we broke apart. I glanced around and saw kids staring at us with wide eyes and open mouths, while some adults muttered, "get a room" under their breaths. I giggled and nodded.

I felt happy. Very happy.

~Ino's POV~

(Btw, this happened the same day Neji and Tenten fought)

"And that concludes our lesson for today kids." Asuma-sensei said. The bell rang right after he said it. Everyone let out a sigh of relief and started to pack up for the end of the day. I was about to grab my bag when I noticed that there were a lot of people blocking the doorway, trying to get out. I sighed and continued a drawing that was due tomorrow for art. The whole entire time in math I've been working on it. I knew I'd regret not paying attention in class, but this project was very important. Probably more important than listening in Asuma-sensei's class.

I kept drawing and didn't keep track of the time. Right when I was about to finish my drawing, someone interrupted me. And that someone coughed really loudly. I looked up, annoyed, but then noticed that it was my teacher, Asuma-sensei. "Class is over, Ino. Please go home so I can go home too" he said politely, but I knew he had a date with Kurenai-sensei today and didn't want to be late. I am called the gossip queen in this school so if you want any info about anything you should come to me!

"Right. I'm sorry Asuma-sensei." I replied and closed my sketch book. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked out the door. Halfway out I turned around. "Good luck with your date with Ms. Kurenai!" I yelled, then ran out. Asuma-sensei's face was priceless.

I sprinted down the hallways and opened my locker. The whole time I was laughing. I closed my locker and leaned against it. My heart was beating way too fast.

I let out a deep breath and hugged my binder close to my chest. I could feel my lips curving into a big smile. "Tell me, did you do something again?" Someone asked. I felt my smile starting to fade as I turned my head slightly to the left to look at the mystery person. But my smile instantly came back when I saw who it was.

Shikamaru.

"Again, what did you do?" He asked with a bored expression on his face. His face may be emotionless, but his eyes held curiosity. "Oh nothing" I replied. Shikamaru raised one of his eyebrows and stared at me like he was waiting for an answer. He looked so intimidating and I just couldn't help it. His observing stares made me want to tell him everything. I swear he can be just like Ibiki-sensei if he wanted to be.

A few seconds passed and that's when I cracked. "Okay, fine, maybe I did do something ..." I said. His mood changed and he seemed amused. A smirk was forming on his face. "Really? Enlighten me". I felt my smile growing bigger. "I might have told Asuma-sensei to have fun at his date with Kurenai-sensei". The smirk got bigger.

We stayed there smirking/smiling at each other...until the bell rang for the second time. I blinked and looked somewhere else.

He looked away too.

"Want to come with me to The Hill?" Shikamaru asked after a few moment of silence. I thought about it. Sure it would be great but what about my art project? What if I get a really bad mark?

As if he could read my mind, Shikamaru quickly added, "Just for a minute or two. I know about your big art project. And I need to finish some things that Asuma-sensei left for me". "...and we rarely have time with each other..." He whispered. I thought about it some more. We really do don't have time for each other. Yeah we text and call, but...its just different I guess. "Okay" I said and smiled. The corners of his lips turned up as he grabbed my hand and led me to our secret hiding place.

We usually go here for dates or if we just want some alone time with each other. When we got there we sat down on the soft green grass. The wind was a gentle and warm breeze, the sky a blazing orange. The aura was peaceful and relaxing. I let out a sigh and enjoyed the view.

As the sun was setting, the sky turned into a light shade of pink, yellow, and orange. The colour instantly reminded me of Sakura.

Sakura...

I frowned at the thought of her.

We met since we were really little. She was my first ever bestfriend. And sure, we sometimes fight, but that's a part of our friendship.

She's like a sister that I never had.

"You're thinking about Sakura aren't you...?" Shikamaru asked after a while.

How does he know?!

"Well...are you?" He asked again. I hesitated. I want to tell him, but I don't at the same time. It's like there's two parts of me who's disagreeing of what to do.

Shikamaru turned his head and raised one of his eyebrows. He gave me the same look that he gave me by the lockers.

He's doing it again....

I bit my lip and tried not to look at him. But it was impossible. His dark brown eyes seemed to have hypnotized me, making me frozen in my place.

Then I tasted something on my lips. It tasted like iron. Something unfamiliar, yet familiar at the same time, something I hadn't tasted but I had.

Blood..!

Shikamaru's eyes widened just a little bit before going back to normal. He reached out to the back pocket of his pants and pulled out a dark green handkerchief. He leaned closer and gently dabbed my lips. When he was finished he looked directly into my sea blue eyes.

  He was waiting. I knew he was. The look in his eyes was telling me, he wanted to know what I was thinking.

He looked very calm and patient, like it didn't matter how long it would take me to answer.

We sat in silence. He didn't stop starring and I sat frozen in my place, letting his dark brown eyes hypnotize me again. "You're not gonna answer are you?" He asked suddenly. I didn't answer. "I understand. I can tell you were thinking about her" he said. I kept staring at him while he looked away, avoiding my curious eyes. "But..." He said after a few seconds. "I know Sakura's strong. Believe me I saw her in gym. She punched a guy out cold just because he said something about her forehead". I laughed quietly.

Typical Sakura..

"So don't worry about her. She can handle this" Shikamaru said and looked at me. I smiled. "You're right." I replied after a while. All we have to do is believe.

Believe in Sakura and to believe in ourselves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 226 9
Being the mischievous three they are. They kidnapped every shinobi, transport them in a big theater, but with a twist. One Uzumaki. Two Uchihas. Thre...
4K 85 15
Shikamaru and Temari go to prom as each others date but they fake it all... The story takes place with them in privet high school it's about April th...
27.3K 646 33
Hinata Hyuga has never had an easy life. Sure she was born into a wealthy family, but that never.cover up the emotional and physical pain. Her father...
1.4K 41 13
Neji and Tenten is in their early twenties, they have a team they called Team guy it's a team they had since Highschool and Lee didn't want to see hi...