Daryl's Precious Gem (Daryl...

By Sidneyv15

"You're my gem and mine alone.." As Ruby journeys across the state in search of her family she's taken capti... More

1: Outbreak
2: The Apocalypse
3: The Redneck
4: The Church
6: Missy
7: The Girl
8: Deal or No Deal
9: Reunited
10: The Run
11: The Distraction
12: Trouble in Paradise
13: Confession
14: The Falls
15: Drinking Games
16: Jump
17: Hot Wired
18: Alexandria
19: My People
20: Target Practice
21: Complicated
22: Gone Mad
23: Blood Spilled
24: The Quarry
25: Wolves Come Out To Play
26: Killing streak
27: Restore
28: Paper Trail
29: Captors
30: Fight or Flight
31: Decipher
32: Tougher than Nails
33: Cuts and Bruises
34: Limited
35: Foe or Fellow
36: Hilltop
37: Negan
38: The Satellite
39: Break Point
40: Tracker
41: Spiralling
42: This Place
43: Jack
44: The Kingdom
45: Preparing
46: Outnumbered
47: Reality
48: The Last Dinner
49: Detour
50: The Last Day On Earth
51: The Reveal
52: New Home
53: The Beginning of the next Chapter
54: The Sequel

5: Three Questions

2.6K 59 12
By Sidneyv15

Hey! Please vote, share and comment. Thank you guys! Enjoy!

Banner done by the amazing and talented JB_Justin_Bieber ! ❤️
_________________________

"Rest girly." Daryl's voice echoed through my head as the darkness that succumbed me lifted away and was replaced by a red glow. Squinting my eyes open I sat up on a wooden bench and rubbed my sore neck. It must have been where Daryl pressed on my nerve before I passed out.

Peering around I realized I was in the church and I was not alone. A boy cradled a baby in his arms and the ebony woman with the katana sat across from me. Finally noticing my consciousness the ebony woman stood up and knelt down by me.

"Who are you?" Her dark eyes narrowed.

"Who are you?" I said back with a snake like hiss.

Before she could answer the boy beside her did. He must have been fourteen years old. "I'm Carl Grimes and this is my sister Judith. This here is Michonne. We are gonna take care of you until the others decide if you can be trusted."

"Thank you Carl, Judith and Michonne." I rose to my feet. Michonne stood in front of Carl protectively. "I'm Ruby Smith." I stuck my hand out for them to shake. Carl shook my hand right away but Michonne was very cautious.

"How old is she?" I knelt down and smiled at the cute angel in front in his arms.

"Eight months. Would you like to hold her?" Carl asked. Before I could answer Michonne pressed her katana blade against my neck. "Carl! She could be dangerous!"

Carl looked me in the eye before answering back. "I trust her."

I smiled at him and mouthed 'Thank you'. He smiled back and handed me his adorable sister. She had beautiful baby blue eyes and blonde hair.

"I can tell you two are related." I spoke to Carl.

"Really? How?" He beamed.

"Same eyes and shape of nose. And both of you laugh at my silly faces." I stuck my tongue out at him which earned a laugh from the boy. Michonne clearly did not like the matter one bit as she glared at me.

"What are you doing Carl?" I heard Rick walk in. I turned my head to the door as Rick, Daryl and two others walked in.

"Carl?" Rick asked, his brows knitted together. That's when he noticed I was holding Judith. "No! Do not touch my daughter!"

Rick ran at me. I quickly handed Judith to Carl and held my hands up in surrender as Rick charged at me, pressing the barrel of his gun into my head.

"Why did you let her touch Judith?" Rick angrily asked.

"It was my choice Dad. I trust Ruby!" Carl stood up.

"No one can trust her Carl! And how did you get her name? Miss Ruby wouldn't give it up to Daryl." Rick said.

"I simply asked her. Dad, trust me on this. I've got a good feeling about her." Carl smiled at me which I gladly returned. I sure owed this kid! After a few moments Rick dropped his gun from my temple. I let out a sigh of relief.

"You can stay here for the night and we'll take turns watching you." Rick said sternly. "But first you're going to answer a few of my questions. Are we clear?"

"Crystal." I glared back at him. "What do you want to know?"

Rick eyed me cautiously, "How many walkers have you killed?"

I furrowed my brows in confusion, "More than I can count."

Rick nodded his head, "How many people have ya killed?"

My eyes never left his, "One."

"Why?" Rick crossed his arms over his chest.

"Cause he tried to rape me." I shuddered at the memory. My nose wrinkled in disgust. Rick sighed of relief and nodded as he contemplated what he would say next. I glanced over his shoulder and saw Daryl watching me closely.

"You can stay here if you want or you can leave. If you decide to stay you will need to earn your place here and earn our trust. Got it?" Rick stood in front of me menacingly, trying to show who was boss.

"Thank you." I nodded my head at him. Once Rick left Daryl stood there for a brief moment before picking a seat on the opposite side of the church.

"Want to hold Judith again?" Carl asked.

"I don't want to upset your old man." I titled my head in Ricks direction.

"Don't mind him."

"Thank you Carl." I knelt down and tickled Judith's feet. "Your mom died giving birth to her, didn't she?"

Carl's head snapped up at me and sadness ran through his eyes. "How did you.."

"I can see it in your fathers eyes. The pain is still there. I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mother as well."

"What happened to her?" Carl sniffled

"She died from cancer." I bit my lip. "My father and I had just saved up enough money for her treatments when she died."

"What about your father? What happened to him?"

"I was told he headed east with my boyfriend. Ever since I've been travelling across the state in search of them."

"What if they're dead?" Carl bluntly asked. A knot formed in my stomach at the thought causing a frown to form on my face.

"I can't afford to think like that. I'm not gonna stop until I find them." I sat back on the wooden bench.

"I hope they're alive and looking for you too." Carl sat beside me.

"Thanks." I smiled. "It's nice finally talking to someone who's a people person."

I nudged his shoulder and peered over mine, eyeing Daryl. Daryls beady eyes met mine for a moment before he quickly averted them. I smirked at how easily I irritated him.

"Did Daryl give you a hard time?" Carl caught on to who I was looking at.

"I think I gave him a harder time!" I laughed.

"That would be a first! He usually gives us a hard time except for Judith. He calls her Little Ass Kicker."

"I like it. Little ass kicker!" I tickled Judith's little feet making her laugh and squeal.

"She really likes you. I hope you decide to stay." Carl's smile dropped into a frown.

"Thanks Carl but I don't want to intrude on anything. I've been better alone anyways."

"It really ain't that nice bein' alone." Daryl's deep voice startled me. "Carl your dad wants to talk to ya."

Carl nodded and carried Judith off.

"Let me guess, you ain't happy with me?" I peaked over my shoulder at Daryl who wouldn't make eye contact.

"I'm happy that yer potentially one less mouth to feed."

"Figures." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Why didn' ya kill me?" Daryl asked lowly. Barely loud enough for me to hear.

"I could ask you the same question." I raised a brow.

"But I asked ya first." This time he looked me dead in the eye.

"I couldn't." I tore my eyes away from him, biting the inside of my cheek.

"Why couldn't ya?"

I didn't look at him. "You remind me of him. Ruthless and a tough outer shell. Plus the bad-boy edge."

"Yer boyfriend?"

I sighed. "Yeah."

"Ya really think they're still out there?"

"I know they are!" I glared at him daringly. Daryl huffed and marched out of the church faster than you could say Mississippi.

"Don't mind him he's always been like that." A petite woman said. "I'm Maggie. Maggie Greene."

Her brown wavy hair reached slightly past collar bone. Her hazel eyes bored into mine with a gentle and kind smile plastered on her face. She appeared to be in her mid twenties.

"I'm Ruby. Which you probably already know. I'm sorry." I sputtered. She lightly laughed as she took a seat across from me. "I'm taking it that it's your turn to watch me?"

Maggie nodded her head. "Do you want something to eat?"

"Can I just get some water please?"

"Here." She handed me a water container. I gulped down a few mouth fulls before handing it back to her.

"Thank you." I sat still. "Will any of my items be returned?"

"They will. It depends on if you stay or leave. If you stay most of your items will be given back but the rest will be returned once we know you more. If you leave we'll give you everything back, no questions asked." She paused. "Have you made your decision?"

I nodded my head at her, "God knows what's out there and what's bound to happen. I pray my journey along with yours is safe."

I laid back on the wooden bench and used my arm as a pillow. Maggie smiled sadly knowing I was leaving. It made my heart ache even though we had just met.

"Thank you, Maggie." I grinned at her before shutting my eyes, ready to fall to sleep. At least this would give me the chance to catch up on some rest. It made me feel comfortable knowing I was being watched over and that someone was looking out for walkers. Tomorrow I would be free again but this time I didn't have a good feeling about it. The thought of being alone didn't feel right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 3.4K 62
~ REGULAR UPDATES ~ Y/n L/n was brought up in the country with her twin brother, she learned all sorts of survival and hunting skills. When she turne...
35.5K 1K 65
In the depths of the Southside, where chaos and whispers intertwine lies Kimberly an unpredictable soul confined within the walls of a psych ward. T...
11.1K 596 29
『 I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight I didn't mean to fall in love tonight 』 Sabrina Rhodes has known hardship her entire life, with an abusive fat...
133K 3.6K 79
'𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚...' *** H...