Love Takes Time {Completed} {...

By Novrotel

Abhimanyu (Sidharth) is a son of a business tycoon but he wants to be self made. He joins an engineering co... More

1. Meet the Family
2. Hug New Life
3. Who is That Boy?
4. Room Talk
5. Rocking Party
6. College Life
7. Abhimanyu's Birthday
8. Raining Cats and Dogs
9. First Year
10. Welcome Freshers
11. Sports Day
12. Proposal
13. Bad Boy
14. Hook-Up
15. Nowhere Around
16. Library Love
17. Valentine's Day
18. New Girl
19. All That Happened
20. One Night Stand
22. Last Dance
23. Dream Job
24. Dilemma
25. Tête-à-Tête
26. Rendezvous with Maya
27. Sexual Harassment
28. Meeting Deadline
29. Around the World - I
30. Around the World - II
31. Paris
32. A Night to Remember
33. Retrospection
34. Abandoned
35. Rising Love
36. Thank You So Much

21. Farewell

7.3K 315 17
By Novrotel

                      It was last semester in college with only five months to go, out of which more than a month went into pretests, PL's and final exams. Seventh semester results looked like the toppers played musical chair and ended up taking each other's usual position. Abhimanyu was first with Sunita at second and Ram at third. Abhimanyu had topped Computer Science and was ahead of Sunita by a huge margin. Shanaya who had highest marks in E&TC was a close fourth with only point one percent less than Ram. Professors and Abhimanyu's classmates weren't shocked as they knew engineering came naturally to him, and he was the best even if he didn't top. Abhimanyu didn't hold back himself in final year. He had accepted the challenge and he decided to go all out to show what he really was. It was altogether different thing that the B.E degrees were mailed home by university and hardly anyone visited college to know the toppers. The university toppers also received a certificate along with degree stating their position in the university.

                 Many prestigious companies came for the recruitment in last semester. The placement cell was active inviting  companies to campus with many university toppers in the college profile to boast of. College alumni helped by getting their companies to come for recruitment. Students were busy studying analytical and logical reasoning books. They also mugged up the most asked technical and personal questions in interviews. Samsung was the first company to come and also the company that offered highest annual pay package. Samsung allowed only first three toppers from Computer Science, E&TC, Instrumentation and Electrical to undergo their selection procedure. In morning, a panel of five members from the company gave Analytical and Logical Reasoning test of very advanced level to candidates that met their criteria. From the test, they shortlisted only six for interview that included Shanaya, Ram and Abhimanyu. Interview was in afternoon after the lunch.

                   Chairs were put in a row for the selected students in the corridor to wait for their turn outside the test hall in which the interview took place. Shanaya came running with a file as she got late. She stood at the door as it was her turn next. She saw Abhimanyu sitting on chair looking very handsome in a fitted black suit and a tie. He was looking so good that her eyes didn't even see others sitting beside him. He glanced her way and smiled sweetly. She smiled thinking what he was thinking. She knew he was smiling because she was wearing the same white suit that she had worn on that rainy night. That was her favorite and most lucky kurta- chudidaar. The student who was inside the room for interview came out. Abhimanyu whispered 'all the bests' from his chair. Shanaya said 'thank you' before going in.

                 After the interview got over, they all waited nervously for the result. The selectors came out to announce the names of selected candidates. They called out 'Abhimanyu Singh' and that's all. They selected only one out of six to join their Bangalore office. They usually selected candidates from IIT's but on recommendation by a college alumni at a senior position in the company, they came to their college. Selectors congratulated Abhimanyu and wished rejected students luck with other companies. Sad rejected candidates including Ram and Shanaya congratulated Abhimanyu before one of the panel member took him in to finish other formalities. Shanaya walked back to hostel with heavy heart. She knew she shouldn't be disheartened as it was the first company and the most difficult one to crack. Sometimes it went back without selecting anyone. For some reason in some corner of her heart she was sad to not make it in the company Abhimanyu did. She thought perhaps it was in her destiny to never know him. College rules didn't allow students to try for other companies once they got selected in one.

                     Shanaya went to library in evening and saw her classmates sitting at a table discussing about Samsung interview. Yash and Ram were also there. Shanaya goes and sits with them.

Rohit: Abhimanyu damn, what a guy! He must have won half the interview with his looks only. I heard there was one lady interviewer also. She must have said 'selected' before interview itself. He laughed.

Ram: Yeah that is definitely a plus, but there is no denying that Abhi is very very intelligent also.

Yash: What were the questions he was asked? Did you get to talk to him after interview?

Ram:  Yes, they asked him to write an algorithm to reverse linked list in five minutes. Instead of writing one, he wrote four algorithms and explained the pros and cons of each and which was good in which type of application. Amazing that was!

Rohit: Any more questions you know of?

Ram: One more question they asked him was how he thinks their tablet can compete with iPad.

Rohit: What was his answer?

Ram: He said he thinks that iPad is more stable so they needed to check that their tablet screen froze less and crashed lesser. Secondly, if they can get quantum dot display technology and surround sound into their tablets, which was possible, they can beat everyone. Switching tablet into home theater mode to experience movies in your hand was only the next step in technology.

Yash: I wound't have been able to suggest any.

Ram: I wasn't. One more question they asked in end was where he sees himself in next five years?

Rohit: It's such a vague question and I tell you, they always ask it. I don't even know what answer they expect for it? What did Abhimanyu say?

Ram: Abhimanyu said." I see myself as the VP of the company in next five years. My head is a breeding ground of great ideas and I am equipped with required skills to bring those ideas to life. With my work ethics and my knowledge at company's discretion, I can see company scaling to  greater heights. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be a VP in your company if you say promotions are strictly performance based and not the number of years."

Rohit: What overconfidence?

Yash: Overconfidence is better than under confidence or no confidence.

Rohit: I am going to copy his answer in my interview.

Ram: It's good, but it should also match with your personality. It goes with his personality but not everyone can pull that off.

                    Soon other companies came and Shanaya got through second company Cognizant in Chennai. When she was asked where she sees herself in five years, she gave the same answer that Abhimanyu gave and the selectors loved her confidence. She thanked Abhimanyu in hearts of heart. Ram got through Philips, Sunita in construction giant DLF. Yash didn't try only as he was going to do MBA in US. Priyanka and Bela too got through some small companies in Chennai.

                Abhimanyu was very busy in final year as he was doing his project in Forbes, the company where Sir John did his. He was automating more of their functions and integrating them into an existing one. All the travel to Kochi and coding until late didn't leave him with anytime, but one day when he spotted Shanaya with Yash in library, he congratulated her on her selection in Cognizant.

                 Abhimanyu had seen Shanaya only thrice after the placement day, but he felt very content and happy whenever he saw her. Many times he toiled with the thought of telling her about his feelings and asking her if she felt the same way. But he dismissed it every time as he  thought that it was pointless. Even if he asked her and she said yes, there was no time to know each other and the truth was he had no idea who she was. He thought it was best to leave it as it was. The college would be over in a month, and she will be gone forever. He will never get to know her, but even then she will always stay with him in his heart in that masterpiece of his. He will have her memories with him. He thought he was always always going to remember her. He wondered if he can let her go without telling her how much he loved her.

                    As the days to leave the college neared, the hard shell that Shanaya had built around herself, started to crack. Every evening, she found herself thinking if he will remember her despite being busy with six subjects and a project. She couldn't come to terms that only some days and then they will not be in college anymore. She would perhaps never see him again. Not that she got to see him a lot now but then there will not be even minutest hope. The thought that she will never see him again was changing her inside weather to somber. She tried to keep herself strong, but as days went one by one, she fell more and more sick. She had told herself that it won't affect her but no it was affecting her like never before. Her heart wept everyday. She didn't want that day to come when they left college. She wished the college went on and on forever like that with him even if they didn't talk. She wished she could stalk him like previous years but with final year subjects and projects that was impossible. No, she was not strong but very weak and he still had powers on her. She couldn't fathom how she would live without any hope to see him. She hated thinking that he will find someone in future and how she was no one in his life for him to remember her after college.

                    Farewell party by third year and a dance party, a day after was organized in the week after pretests and before PL's(Preparatory Leave). The stage was put in the grounds for the farewell night. All the final year and third year students dressed well and reached the venue. Shanaya was walking through the main building  for the farewell party when she saw Abhimanyu taking pictures with his class. She realized how she didn't have a single picture of him. If only she was in his class things would have been so different from what they were. At least, they would have known each other enough to keep in touch on social networking sites. It wouldn't be like as it was now---- four years down, so much love with only few words.

                   The farewell party started with Pawan of Computer Science taking on stage with his lovely co-host for the evening, Seema of E&TC.

Pawan: We, Third Year students, welcome all the Final Year students to the farewell party. We want to take this opportunity to thank them  for their support and guidance not only in studies but in every sphere of life in college. As they pass out from college, we want to tell them how much they will be missed by us.

Seema: We have some interesting titles for some of our seniors. We would like them to come on stage to take their titles and say a few words.

Sunita got the tiltle Miss. University Topper, Ram was given Mr. Studious,  Priyanka: Ms. Funnybones, Yash: Mr.Cool, Shilpa: Ms. Electrifying, Surya: Dancing Star and many more interesting titles were given to final year students.

Pawan: The title 'Hidden Star' goes to this girl who no one noticed until she shined so bright that it made everyone blind- Shanaya from E&TC.

Abhimanyu saw Shanaya climb up the stage looking simple and lovely in a long sky blue skirt and white top. He clapped excitedly for her.

Seema: Mam, few words. She said handing over the mic to her.

Shanaya: Thank You. That was all she could say as she was someone who got very nervous on stage. She said quickly and got down the stage to stand with Bela and Priyanka. They were back in the crowd, but had a clear view of stage.

Pawan: This is the last title of the night. Only once in a while it happens that a guy joins your college and floors everyone with his every thing. Looks, intelligence, spunk, style, humor, voice, you name it and he has it. He could have easily walked away with all the titles tonight, but this title nobody else could have walked away with.

Seema: The title that suits him to core, and belongs to only him. God only knows how many girls he killed over here in last four years. The one who gets every girl go week on knees with his sexiness and charm,  'The Lady Killer' one and only Abhimanyu Singh. She shouted his name.

It was an easy guess and audience was already shouting his name.

Everybody clapped as Abhimanyu ran up to stage with his guitar.

Pawan: When was the last time someone like him happened on earth....

Abhimanyu: Why are you thinking about last time when it's happening right now in front of you. He joked cutting him from saying more words in his praise. He said taking mic from Seema.

Pawan:  Finally, we have come to an end of this event and I handover the stage to our most loved senior,  Abhimanyu Singh who is going to mesmerize us with his performance on our demand.

              Abhimanyu holds the standing mic on stage and looks straight into the audience which comprised of third and final year students.

Abhimanyu: No words can thank enough the love you all showered on me. I am overwhelmed with all the love that came my way in last four years of college including from my professors. At this moment, as I stand here, how I wish I never had to leave this college. I will always cherish the memories I take from here. And I can safely say that for every final year student here tonight. I wish bright future for all my fellow mates and good luck to all my juniors.

Abhimanyu: This college always gave me many opportunities to perform. I thought I should make most of this last opportunity because I don't know if I'll ever get to be a rockstar like this on stage again. He smiled.

Abhimanyu: Tonight I'm not unprepared like I was the last time when I performed in your Fresher's Night. It seems like it just happened yesterday! 

Shanaya was excited to see him perform. She had heard him, but never seen him sing on stage. Abhimanyu with a guitar on stage was a treat to eyes.

Abhimanyu: I am going to lose my guitar as my amazing cultural team is here to help me with the music and make your day. He throws his guitar to Surya who caught it.

He stood tall on stage looking super sexy in a fitted black button down shirt with button tab details on shoulder and moss green chino pants with dirty green shoes.

Abhimanyu: It's a very special moment and I want to sing a very special song tonight, one by my favorite artist Enrique Iglesias. The performance is inspired by his stage performances, from those rare occasions when he performs without a cap. He smiled pointing to his head showing how he was not wearing one.

"You look a lot like him," someone shouted from the crowd .

Abhiamnyu: It might not be a great song for the occasion, but I think I do well with it. He said with a hint of smile. He avoided saying how it went so well with his current state of mind, and how it was specially for someone there. 

Abhimanyu:  'Wish I was your lover' by Enrique Iglesias. He shouted the name of the artist.

Third year and final year students shout out his name.

He stood silently for a minute getting into the mood of song with his both hands wrapped around the mic on stand and head slightly down. Everybody in the crowd went quiet, and there was a pin drop silence. He lifted his head with sad eyes that had pain and longing in them. He started in a very sexy voice.

You know I got this feeling that I just can't hide

I tried to tell you how I feel

I tried to tell you but I'm weak

Words don't come easily

When you get close I shiver

I watch you when you smile

I watch you when you cry

And I still don't understand

I can't find the way to tell you

I wish I was your lover

I wish that you were mine

Baby I got this feeling

That I just can't hide

Don't try to run away

There's many things I wanna say

No matter how it ends

Just hold me when I tell you

I wish I was your lover

I wish that you were mine

Baby I got this feeling

That I just can't hide

All I need is a miracle

Oh baby all I need is you

All I need is to love you girl

Oh baby all I need is you

Baby you

I wish I was your lover............

                 Holding the mic from top he tilted the stand away and towards him as he sang standing in one place. His hand held mic in many different ways as the song progressed and his fingers moved on mic and in air in small gestures to express the emotion of song along with his voice. Half way through the song, he lifted the mic and moved around slowly when the music played in background and sang rest of the song standing at different spots on stage. He poured out his heart and soul in his voice. He sang with so much feelings that it felt he meant each and every word of it. His voice, his pose, his face, his eyes emoted the pain of the song so well that it reached from him to the audience and to their eyes. It looked so real that it illusioned the audience into believing that they were seeing a deeply personal and affected side of his, and they wanted to go and hug him. He exuded so much sexiness even when sad. The sexiness of his voice and body was too much to take at the same time. He captivated the audience into his performance and transported them where they lost the crowd and felt he was singing to only them. It was only a minute after he had stopped that the crowd broke out into a loud applaud.

                 Shanaya couldn't believe what she just experienced. Did she just die? Yes, she always did when she saw him.

Abhimanyu: After that sad song which is exactly how we feel that is sad as we leave this lovely college in a few days. Let's cheer up with a happy song and celebrate many happy and sweet moments that this college gave us.

Abhimanyu: Who doesn't need the sweetness of sugar in life! I love sugar. Do you? He asked and turned the mic to audience.

 "Yes," the audience screamed loudly.

Abhimanyu: So here is 'Sugar' by Maroon 5, Adam Levine for you all.

I'm hurting, baby, I'm broken down

I need your loving, loving

I need it now

When I'm without you

I'm something weak

You got me begging, begging

I'm on my knees

I don't wanna be needing your love

I just wanna be deep in your love

And it's killing me when you're away, ooh, baby,

'Cause I really don't care where you are

I just wanna be there where you are

And I gotta get one little taste

Your sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me?

I'm right here, 'cause I need

Little love, a little sympathy

Yeah, you show me good loving

Make it alright

Need a little sweetness in my life

Your sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me?

My broken pieces

You pick them up

Don't leave me hanging, hanging

Come give me some

When I'm without you

So insecure

You are the one thing, one thing

I'm living for

I don't wanna be needing your love

I just wanna be deep in your love

And it's killing me when you're away, ooh, baby,

'Cause I really don't care where you are

I just wanna be there where you are

And I gotta get one little taste

Your sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me?

I'm right here,

'Cause I need

Little love, a little sympathy

Yeah, you show me good loving

Make it alright

Need a little sweetness in my life

Your sugar!

Yes, please!

Won't you come and put it down on me?

Yeah

I want that red velvet

I want that sugar sweet

Don't let nobody touch it

Unless that somebody's me

I gotta be your man

There ain't no other way

'Cause girl you're hotter than a southern California day

I don't wanna play no games

You don't gotta be afraid

Don't give me all that shy shit

No make-up on

That's my

Sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me ?

I'm right here, 'cause I need

Little love, a little sympathy

So, baby, (yeah) you show me good loving

Make it alright

Need a little sweetness in my life

Your sugar!

Yes, please!

Won't you come and put it down on me?

(down on me, down on me)

                  He moved around  on stage with a mic in hand , tapping his foot and dancing a little in between as he sang . He smiled innocently  and  mischievously to go with lyrics of song from time to time. He used hand gestures to get the crowd come to the energy of the song and turned the mic to them to sing " Yes Please" every time. He walked back to his band to sing few lines with them. He moved to front , walked and jumped around the stage to keep with the beats and energy of the song and even stopped in between to make an eye contact with audience and sing to a particular section of crowd as he moved from one end of the stage to other. He looked like a professional singer performing on stage out there. The song got everybody grooving and the audience swayed, jumped and clapped throughout the song . Everybody enjoyed it as much as he seemed to enjoy himself on the stage. His stage presence was so terrific that it looked as if he was born on stage. He looked sexy as fuck singing on stage moving around  with mic that took turns between his two hands. Can't he get any less sexier than he already was, she thought.

              The strong shell she covered herself came off breaking and all her control went to toss as her true feelings sprung to surface. She wanted to reach him, touch him, kiss him, hold him and never never let him go. She wanted him like never before. She wanted herself intertwined on that sexy thing on stage to never get separated. Her feelings for him lay naked before her, but his feelings still lay veiled in secrecy to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 32.8K 59
In this story Shehnaaz Gill is a billionaire who pretends to be bold , strict and a ruthless sassy queen doesn't believe in "LOVE" for her it's isn't...
719K 32.5K 53
[Edited • Completed • Revised] When twenty four years old software engineer, Shree Jaisingh is proposed to marry an equally talented, young and fortu...
216K 12K 61
Read this beautiful college love story of a boy who was broken because his crush felt for someone else. There are following characters in the story: ...
149K 8.4K 81
( Not Edited ) (MY 1st FF 😊😊) ( Not Edited ) My first ever book that's why I won't remove, I was just 14 to 15 years old when I wrote it, so it i...