Love Takes Time {Completed} {...

بواسطة Novrotel

Abhimanyu (Sidharth) is a son of a business tycoon but he wants to be self made. He joins an engineering co... المزيد

1. Meet the Family
2. Hug New Life
3. Who is That Boy?
4. Room Talk
5. Rocking Party
6. College Life
7. Abhimanyu's Birthday
8. Raining Cats and Dogs
9. First Year
10. Welcome Freshers
11. Sports Day
12. Proposal
13. Bad Boy
14. Hook-Up
15. Nowhere Around
16. Library Love
17. Valentine's Day
18. New Girl
19. All That Happened
21. Farewell
22. Last Dance
23. Dream Job
24. Dilemma
25. Tête-à-Tête
26. Rendezvous with Maya
27. Sexual Harassment
28. Meeting Deadline
29. Around the World - I
30. Around the World - II
31. Paris
32. A Night to Remember
33. Retrospection
34. Abandoned
35. Rising Love
36. Thank You So Much

20. One Night Stand

9.4K 369 44
بواسطة Novrotel

                    It was annual break after sixth semester exams. Abhimanyu was watching TV with his sister sitting beside him as they waited for the guests to arrive for a party at their place. Their mom was there too, instructing the maids some last minute work.

Ria: So, who is the girl?

Abhimanyu: What girl? He asked confused.

Ria: Dad told you stayed in a five star resort. It showed in the transaction history of the joint account he has with you.

Abhimanyu: Oh, that! I went with my roommate, Yash.

When his mom heard this, she looked at him from where she was standing.

Ria: Oh, no! Dad told this to mom to make her happy and look what you did, you again made her sad. How is she now going to attend the guests happily? She teased him.

Mom: You know, Ria got a boyfriend.

Abhimanyu: So, what do I do? Good for her!

Abhimanyu gets up and goes to greet the first guest when many more start swarming in for the party.

                      Back to college and in a few days, third year toppers list was up on the notice board. It looked generally the same with Sunita(university topper) followed by Ram and Abhimanyu as the third year over all toppers. What shocked everyone was the name at the top in E&TC toppers list. Shanaya had topped E&TC in third year. Abhimanyu was pleasantly surprised. He felt very happy for her.

                   In Final Year, hostel rooms were shared by two instead of three and the toppers were offered their own rooms so that they could study better. Final year was very demanding with seminars and projects. Ram and Abhimanyu get their own rooms and Yash moves in a room with Rohit from his class. Shanaya shifts into a single room while her roommates Bela and Priyanka continue to share their old room.

                Third year E&TC plans a camping and trekking trip to Munnar for their class. Thirty students opt to go including Yash and Shanaya. They made arrangements with Vishwa tours to provide tents, meals and a guide. The travel company gave them a good concession because of their strength. On Saturday afternoon, they gathered at Alleppey bus stop to take a direct KSRTC bus to Munnar at 2 pm. Shanaya and Abhimanyu were shocked to see each other. Shanaya , because Abhimanyu and Ram were not in her class. She kept control on her emotions and didn't allow her heart go haywire at his sight. She completely ignored him as if he didn't exist. Abhimanyu wasn't expecting her because he thought she wouldn't be into adventure. She wasn't but she thought it was her only chance to go on a trip with her class and she didn't want to miss it. Rohit, who arranged the trip allowed Yash to bring his ex-roommates since he too was friends with them. Ram was happy that his friends finally planned a trip at the beginning of semester unlike around pretests.

               Girls sat in the front rows of bus and boys in the the back seats of the bus. After seven hours drive through sprawling tea plantations, picture-book towns, winding lanes they reached Munnar. From there, the travel agent took them to the camping site lit by electricity generated by micro turbine. The tents were already erect with campfire in center. It was very cold in night, so they sat around campfire eating dinner served by the agent, and played antakshari for sometime before going to sleep in their tents which were shared by two.

                 Shanaya woke up and came out of her tent to find no one. Everyone lay asleep as it was cold and misty outside. She shivered a little and then sat on a stump seat near the extinguished campfire, soaking the beautiful view of sun rays peeking from behind the hills with chirpy birds lending music to it.

                Abhimanyu got up early and went roaming around on a short nature trail in nearby forest to enjoy nature up close. He saw numerous species of birds. He returned to camping ground and saw Shanaya watching the rising sun. She looked more beautiful in the light of morning sun. She was wearing joggers and a hoodie to keep her warm. He paused for a minute to see her before walking to her. He stood next to her watching the sun.

Abhimanyu: Nice view! He said looking at the lush green rolling hills.

Shanaya was so busy watching sunrise that she didn't realize when someone came and stood by her. His voice startled her. Her heart started to pound on finding him standing next to her but she quickly controlled it and told herself that he was just like anyone else for her. He meant nothing to her. She wouldn't let cat get her tongue like always. She was going to talk.

Shanaya: Yes. She said, and looked at him as if she didn't know him.

Abhimanyu: Remember me? From the rainy night in first year? He asked trying to remind her and then paused.

Abhimanyu: I was the one who walked down with you to college that stormy night. Just in case you don't recognize me. He smiled showing all of his pearly whites with tinkle in his eyes.

Shanaya: Yes, I do. She nodded her head and smiled. She pretended in her head that she was talking to some stranger.

Abhimanyu: Congratulations!

Shanaya: For what?

Abhimanyu: Third year results. What a six! You shot it right out of the stadium.

Shanaya: Thank you and congratulations to you too. You top every year unlike me.

Abhimanyu: Yeah, but unlike you I am the second topper in my class, not first. He pretended to whine.

Shanaya: You are overall third topper. What more you want? Hold on to your position because I'm coming after you.

Abhimanyu: Wow! I would love that. He said with a mischief. He blinked his eyes and smiled wide as he stretched out his arms in air.

Shanaya: Take it as a challenge. She said looking determined.

Abhimanyu: Challenge accepted. His eyes brightening up.

Abhimanyu: Would be fun because you came like this hurricane that no one was expecting. And we don't know what all you'll sweep away with you now.

Shanaya smiled showing her cute dimples.

Abhimanyu: What force got you shoot to top?

Shanaya: A break... She stopped herself from saying break-up.

Abhimanyu: From what? He questioned inquisitively.

Shanaya: An addiction.

Abhimanyu: Oh, you smoke? He asked almost shocked.

Shanaya: No. She smiled.

Abhimanyu: Drugs? He offered.

Shanaya: No, there are other addictions much more toxic, dangerous, intoxicating, consuming and harmful. She looked into his eyes as she said.

Abhimanyu: Like?

Shanaya: Trust me you wouldn't want to know.

He looked deep into her eyes.

Abhimanyu: Who knows, I might be already into one.

Shanaya wondered if he was talking about the same thing as her when Yash, Ram and others joined them.

Ram: It's so cold in Munnar. Here, drink some coffee. He offered a mug of coffee to Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu: No yaar, you know, I drink only tea.

Shanaya goes to stand with girls from her class who were picking their mugs of coffee from the tray.

                     After breakfast, they reach the base at gap road to start trekking to Chokramudi peak. The climate was very pleasant with bright sunshine. They divide themselves into three groups with the guide at front with those who could go fast. Abhimanyu and Rohit who were experienced trekkers were told to stay with those who trailed behind. Abhimanyu stayed with medium paced group and Rohit with third group that had mostly girls and was very slow. Shanaya had never been trekking in her life. It was her first time. The initial stretch was more than an average steep climb with rocky, muddy and grassy terrain. Most of them were breathless and stopped in between to sip water from water bottles. The climb was slow. After that the gradient completely changed into a complete rocky terrain which was steeper and a bit dangerous also. The girls lagged behind as they climbed slowly the steep rocks with deep valley below them. The climate changed suddenly and it started to drizzle and rocks became wet making them more slippery and difficult to climb. Many had reached the top of that rocky terrain  and waited for others to come. Abhimanyu looked back to check Shanaya who was breathless and struggled to find footholds to climb. Rohit who was a lot ahead of Shanaya with other girls passed by Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu had only some distance to the top of cliff. He decided to wait for Shanaya there and climb to the top only after her. He stood comfortably on a big rock with a nice shaped rock to hold on with a good grip. He shouted telling her to be careful and take her own time. Shanaya saw everyone at the top waiting for her. She quickly climbed up from one rock to another and passed Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu who was right below her, watched her climb. Shanaya edged to end of rock climbing when her foot slipped and she screamed out loud as she went sliding down the slightly sloped steep smooth rock. Abhimanyu quickly grabbed her hand with his one hand when she went sliding down by him.

Abhimanyu: What if you died now? He asked angrily with fear and concern in his eyes.

She looked at him. She saw his beautiful face, his soft brown eyes looking into hers and his hand holding her hand.

Shanaya: I shall 'Rest in Peace(RIP)'. The words came running out of her mouth without a thought.

Abhimanyu: That's it?

Shanaya: No, there is more. Thank you!

                      Abhimanyu helps her to keep her foot on a steady rock to climb to the cross where all stood and looked at them along with other tourists. Many tourists trekked to that point and returned from there. Luckily, Shanaya didn't end up with broken limbs. Just few scratches here and there. After that accident everyone decided to descend back safely without trekking up to summit. After lunch at a restaurant, they all slept their way back to college in bus.

                     Abhimanyu was happy that after the trip whenever they crossed each other which was rare, they acknowledged each other with a smile. He could see that Shanaya had changed a lot from previous years. Earlier he used to feel she liked him, but now he didn't feel the same. She was like a puzzle he didn't understand, and didn't have time to with all the seminar work and other things in seventh semester.

                On days he went to library after college hours, he didn't see her. Shanaya came in evening and stayed back until late to refer different books for her seminar. Seminar presentation was near as semester was coming to an end. On many nights that she walked out of library, she never spotted Abhimanyu with Jyoti. Unable to hold her curiosity, she decides to ask Bela casually. She thought Bela might know as she was mostly out with Shiva at night.

Bela: Finally, you got time to come out of your room to see us.

Priyanka: What, no seminar work today? How is it going?

Shanaya: Almost there. Thought will chit chat with you girls tonight as tomorrow is Saturday.

Priyanka: How was your trekking trip?

Shanaya: That was months back.

Priyanka : Yeah I know, but never got to ask you about it. Heard Abhimanyu saved you from going to hell.

Shanaya: How do you know?

Bela: It's girls hostel, dear. Every news spreads like a fire. Gossip gangs are not sitting idle. They do their work with utmost sincerity and sometimes even do overtime. She smiled.

Shanaya: Yeah, no doubt about that. She smiled back.

Priyanka: Lucky you to have Abhimanyu in a trip with you.

Shanaya: That reminds me, how is Abhimanyu and Jyoti going? Never see them together like other couples. Did they break-up?

Priyanka: They never had an affair to break-up.

Shanaya: But didn't they hook up in a hotel room on their backwater trip?

Priyanka: No, they didn't.

Bela: Don't come for gossips more. You'll be late on every news.

Priyanka: This is the most interesting news of the year that you missed. No worries, Bela and I'll tell you in detail. So fasten your seat belts as we take off.

Shanaya: What are you girls talking? How come earlier everybody thought they were together and now everybody thinks otherwise. What changed?

Priyanka: Because only half a month back Ms. Beauty Queen started telling everyone that she didn't sleep with him contrary to what people assumed.

Shanaya: Why now? Why didn't she say this back then, when everybody was talking about it? It's not like she didn't know what they were talking.

Priyanka: She knew. In fact, she was teased on the same by Shilpa and her close friends. Initially, she took pride in how people thought that the hottest boy ever who paid no heed to any girl in college and who every girl desired sleeping with slept with her and was her boyfriend. It elevated her status to a diva who was so desirable that even Abhimanyu couldn't resist her. So, she never told the truth.

Shanaya: Then, why did she tell the truth?

Bela: Over time , it became very obvious to her batch mates that they weren't going around and Abhimanyu was not her boyfriend. With time everything changes, even perception. So, from being looked upon as an irresistible diva, everybody started looking her as a slut. She didn't like it and decided not to live with that image especially when it was not true. So, she decided to tell the truth and come clean. She told her friends and Shilpa that she didn't sleep with Abhimanyu and rumors were absolutely untrue because Abhimanyu slept in his own room.

Shanaya: So, when Abhimanyu refused to have an affair with her after using her for a night, she thought it was better to tell everyone that they didn't sleep together.

Priyanka: This is what you think of Abhimanyu? Does he look like a one night stand kind of a guy to you? Have you ever heard anything bad about him except for this scandal which also turned out to be false. We have heard of boys in our hostel going to sex-workers. We know couples like Shilpa and Yash who book rooms for sex and...

Shanaya: Why can't he have a one night stand? She asked cutting her in between.

Bela: Jyoti is the hottest girl and willing. Why would he have only one night stand with her when he could have an affair with her and used her until he was here in college. Moreover, Jyoti said he got his own room.

Shanaya: Why do we even believe in her story? She could very much be lying about him having his own room to save her image.

Bela: Shilpa too thought Jyoti was making up about Abhimanyu sleeping in another room as there were no rooms available. Jyoti told her that she wasn't lying. She told that after Abhimanyu left the room she was doubtful and curious to know where he went, so she called the reception and asked them which room he was in since he had left his cell phone with her. And they told her that he was in the Royal Presidential Suite.

Priyanka: There are also rumors flying that Abhimanyu's dad is very rich. Abhimanyu is not a middle class as everyone of us believe him to be. He is good in studies, doesn't waste time or show off like other rich kids, but he is perhaps more rich than any of them.

Shanaya: Now, where is that coming from?

Bela: Yeah, Shilpa asked Yash to check with Abhimanyu if Jyoti's story was true. Abhimanyu had not told Yash anything about staying in another room. Yash was totally shocked to learn about the Royal Presidential suite since he had happened to check the price of it when booking rooms for trip. He couldn't believe Abhimanyu could pay one lakh for a room. He checked with Abhimanyu who verified the story.

Priyanka: Oh My God! I wish we knew what was Abhimanyu's reaction when Yash confronted him.

Bela: I don't know, but Shilpa told this to Mona. Abhimanyu said he didn't tell Yash about the room because he didn't want to hurt his feelings. Yash had paid for the room that he was to share with Jyoti. When Yash asked Abhimanyu that his dad must be really mad at him for that. He said he was cool since he promised to pay back him once he started earning. Yash and Shilpa both suspect that he is not as middle class as he claims to be because no way anyone would pay that much.

Priyanka: May be his dad has lots of black money which he doesn't like to talk about. He doesn't even look middle class.

Bela: Yeah, which middle class boy learns guitar and sings English songs. One thing is for sure, his dad is definitely as rich as Shilpa's and Yash's if not more.

Priyanka: Who cares if he is rich or not. I don't mind having him poor.

Shanaya: How come Abhimanyu never refused to rumors of him sleeping with Jyoti?

Bela: Boys hostel is not like girl's hostel. Many wouldn't even know that they went to trip. Even if they did they wouldn't care about the sleeping arrangement. Even if some came to know from their girlfriend they wouldn't go telling about it to everyone they met. Basically,  Abhimanyu must not even know that there are any rumors of that kind.

Priyanka: So, Shanaya. Did you get now how he didn't have a one night stand with Jyoti?

Shanaya: It still doesn't prove that he didn't have one? He could have moved to other room after having it with her.

Bela: You must really hate him to say like that. Why would anyone pay one lakh rupees to sleep in another room after sleeping with girl? It doesn't make sense. What can poor boy do to make Shanaya believe!

Priyanka: He didn't really need to spend that much even if he is rich. I mean that's too much.

Bella: Good, he did what he did.

Priyanka: Why?

Bela: How would Shanaya believe otherwise!

Priyanka: You think he did it for Shanaya? She asked confused.

Bela: Oh, fool! I mean he did it for many more like her who wouldn't have believed if he stayed back in the same room.

Priyanka: I would have believed if he simply said he didn't sleep with her.

Bela: You are his true lover re unlike Shanaya who hates him with passion. First time, I am coming across someone who hates him.

                  Shanaya didn't hate him. She was not capable of hating him but she didn't want to love him again. Earlier he was in her dreams and now he was the reason of her dreams. Shanaya was convinced that Abhimanyu never slept with Jyoti. But no, she was not going to return to from where she had come a long way. She was not going to handover him the reins of her happiness again. It took lot of efforts to train her heart not to have butterflies around him. She was not going to undo it. She had constructed this hard shell around herself that acted as a shield to protect her from his charm. She was not going to drop it. She was not going to resurrect what lay buried. Abhimanyu had not changed after all but change in her was not going to change.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

14.1K 691 32
Aarya Mehta A sunshine girl holding deep past.Hated by her family all her life still keeps a smile on her face and miseries in her heart. Hoping to...
18.3K 1.5K 42
She made him realise that even after having everything, love was the only thing missing in his life. He made her realise that she was also worthy of...
21.1K 998 14
𝐃𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ╰┈➤ "𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒄 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒐...
118K 9.8K 80
When her only family, her grandmother ends up at a hospital bed and she has no choice but to somehow arrange a tidy amount of money by selling her ho...