More Than Business

By nicki0rih

Nicki's fashion empire she built with her best friend, Lydia, turns out to be an international success. Balan... More

More Than Business
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 57 (part2)
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159

Chapter 77

295 18 30
By nicki0rih

NICKI POV

"Can we stop fighting all the time?" I asked Aubrey.

"Relationships aren't that easy." he replied.

I shook my head, "but it doesn't have to be so hard either... we fight about the same thing all the time."

He proceeded to massage my stomach and thigh as we spoke, "Are you ever gonna tell me why you leaving the hospital tonight pissed Lydia off so much?"

"Well I said once we were home.. in bed together." I said softly.

"and here we are." he noted.

"Fine.. but she can't know that I told you, so just don't mention it okay?" I made him promise.

He nodded and continued the massage throughout the explanation.

"Lydia's father had a seizure.. soon after she and I graduated college. He fell and hit his head, which killed him." I explained.

"That explains why when she found out, she told me it was a good thing I caught you or else you wouldn't have made it." he concluded.

"yeah.. can we talk about something different now?" I bit my lip.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Okay.. I have a question." I introduced.

"I'm listening."

"Okay. On a scale of 1-10, what are the chances of my fiancé having sex with me tonight?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

He exhaled.

"Aubreyyy" I groaned, "I haven't had sex in MONTHS."

"I know Nic, neither have I." he replied. "I don't want anything to happen to your head"

"Then don't make me bang my head." I reasoned, then caressed his hands, "We can go slow... babe please?"

He shook his head after contemplating, "I think I've made enough life-threatening decisions for you today, for the sake of your happiness."

"Neither situation is life-threatening okay? I'm not going to die just because I'm home and not stuck in a hospital with like a thousand sick and diseased people." I argued.

"I think you need to rest." he said calmly.

"I'm not trying to be difficult."

"I know Nic." He touched my face understandingly, "I love you babe, and I just want you to get better as soon as possible." he kissed my forehead.

"I know I know.. I'm sorry. I've been a little selfish today." I apologized.

"How about this, I can go get Allison for you.. I know you said you really missed them." he offered, sitting up.

I smiled, "I'd love that."

AUBREY POV

I left, and walked to the nursery. I thought the babies would've been asleep, but they each looked up at me as I walked past their cribs. I'd missed them too. I picked one of the boys up, I couldn't really tell them apart yet. I sat in the rocking chair and cradled him, rocking gently.

"Hey," Lydia's voice startled me, "I was just coming to check on them."

She stood in the doorway, her hands rested on either side of it and her legs were crossed. Her skirt hugged her body nicely. She wore a long sleeved matching shirt that revealed a generous amount of cleavage as well as leaving some space between it and her skirt.

"How's Nic?" She asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"oh uh.. she's fine.." I stuttered, still caught off guard.

She rolled her eyes and folded her arms, now leaning against the door frame: "you're blushing mad hard right now."

"I wasn't... I'm not!" I still couldn't put my thoughts together.

"I was gonna ask your opinion, but I think I just got my answer." she teased.

"why are you so dressed up?" I asked, glad that I could finally formulate a clear sentence.

"I was thinking of heading out to the office and see what I can catch up on." she replied, readjusting her shirt.

"oh"

She walked over to the cribs and despite my efforts, I watched as she first leaned over into Allison's crib. She was facing me for this, her breasts hung nicely as she picked Ali up. She cradled her for a few seconds before putting her back down. Then she walked around to the other crib, now she was no longer facing me. I still couldn't keep my eyes from being fixated on her ass as she bent over to pick him up. She repeated the process of rocking him and then went to put him back.

"Wait." I stopped her.

She turned to me, "Yeah?"

"Let me hold him,"

"okay." she walked towards me, "You want me to take Oliver or..?"

"Yeah-" I shrugged, "Wait.. how can you tell them apart and I can't?"

"It took me a minute too." She assured me. "You've had twins before.."

"I'm gonna stop in on Nic before I go." she announced as she walked over to put Oliver back in his crib.

LYDIA POV

Nic didn't hear me come in, she was too busy crocheting a bow. I flicked the lights to let her know I was there so that I wouldn't startle her. She looked up confused at first but when she saw me she smiled.

"You look like you're going on a date." She remarked.

"I am." I replied, sitting beside her on the bed.

She cocked an eyebrow at me, "no you aren't." she shook her head, laughing to herself.

"I am going on a date with work." I admitted.

She burst into a fit of laughter.

"Anyways, while your husband is having paternal bonding time with your children, I figured it'd be a perfect time to come annoy you before I leave out." I cleared my throat.

"You talked to Aubrey?" she inquired.

"uh yeah.."

"what'd he say?" she turned her body completely to me.

"Nothing wh- " then I realized what she wanted to know. "He didn't tell me anything." I said less enthusiastically. Her eyes were watery and she bit her lip off to the side.

"Are you mad at me?" she asked.

I shook my head and leaned closer to her, "nah.. I understand that you two are building your relationship and apart of that is you being able to be more open with him." I took her hands in mine as I spoke.

"How come you never- we never get mad at each other?" She asked.

"Well.. I dont like being mad at you.. and- I don't know.. you've never really done anything to make me angry to the point that we can't just talk it out instead of making it into a big deal." I deciphered. She was squinting and nodding as I talked.

"Yeah.. I think I am the same with you." she agreed.

I decided to return to the original subject, "As long as he knows that he better not mention it at all.."

"I told him not to." she informed me.

I smiled and hugged her, "I should probably go, and that way I can get back pretty early and-"

My phone rang. I answered it and made sure to face Nic so she could read my lips.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Lydia Colvin?" the voice asked.

"Yes-"

"I am John Vaeks from the Midnight Talk Show" (disclaimer: I totally made this lame ass thing up dont judge me). the voice introduced, "We spoke a while ago about you and Onika joining our show sometime after she had the baby. How's this week sound?"

"oh.. uh. Haven't you heard?" I replied. Nic gave me a confused look.

"I have heard about the accident. She is okay right? She went home from the hospital today right?"

"Yeah she's fine bu-"

"If you can't make it this week, that is fine.." he kept rambling so I held the phone away from my lips.

"Its the guy from that talk show we said we would go on his show after the babies were born." I explained to her, "I do-"

"We should do it." She stopped me.

"what?"

"We should do the interview." she insisted.

"Nic are you sure? I mean-"

"We just recently found out the impact we had on so many people's lives before anyone knew who we were. Then they heard our stories, and that inspired them even more. Lydia, we can't leave them hanging.. they've missed so much. I don't want to let this stop us from reaching other people.. I want everyone to be able to fight through anything." She explained, "I mean.. its a reason this happened to me, and not anyone else in the other cars in that tunnel."

"Because you're strong enough to get through it.." I gathered.

"Thanks to all of the love and support you've all have given me." she grabbed my hand.

"If you're down for it.. Im down for it Nic. You know that." I assured her. By the time I had gotten off of the phone with John Vaeks.. Aubrey had returned.

AUBREY POV

After feeding and changing all 3 of the babies, I rocked the boys to sleep. Then I carried Ali into our room. Lydia had just gotten off of the phone with someone, Nic noticed me first and motioned for me to come in.

"Ima go.." Lydia cleared her throat as she stood. I tried my best not to seem as mesmerized as I was before but it was shockingly difficult. She gave Nic a hug, kissing both of her cheeks and her forehead before turning towards me. My eyes fell inevitably to her breasts.

"Quit blushing." she whispered as she went to walk past me.

"Change your clothes." I shot back, I didn't have time to think of a better response.

She stopped and turned back towards me, "I am not changing my clothes just because my best friend's horny fiancé all of a sudden has a crush on me."

"I don't have a crush on you." I corrected.

"Oh? Do you mind saying that to my face, not my breasts?" she cocked her head to the side.

I was most definitely caught.

"I thought you were going to the office?" I dismissed her.

She cocked an eyebrow at me, "I only tolerate you for Nic's sake."

Then she turned and walked away.

I went and sat on the bed beside Nic. She was knitting or something.. it was a bow. She looked up at me, "I have to buy Lydia a new car."

She caught me off guard, then I realized she couldn't hear any of Lydia and I's conversation.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I made hers go up in flames." she stated.

"Did she tell you to buy her one?"

"No, thats the last thing on her mind." she denied.

"What's up with her? Why is she so dressed up?" I asked.

"She's a fashion designer, she likes dressing up. She spent the last few weeks in sweatpants. She's just overly excited to be able to look nice again." She assured me.

"I guess.."

"I didn't know you were attracted to her." she transitioned.

"I'm not.. babe..." I tried to explain but she cut me off.

"You don't have to catch offense. I expect for you to be attracted to other women." She held my hands in hers as she spoke, staring me in the eye.

"okay.. but I'm not attracted to Lydia." I insisted.

She giggled, "Okay so you weren't just drooling over her body?"

"Nic can you stop?" I snapped, "Why is this so amusing to you?"

She pushed her hair out of her face and looked at me with apologetic eyes, "I'm sorry.. I didn't realize.. I didn't mean to upset you."

"Nic you're fine.. I just don't understand why you're so okay with this." I murmured.

"I can't read your lips if you don't move them.." She groaned.

"Forget it." I shook my head, I went to get up but she stopped me.

"No no no!" She practically screeched.

"Nic, you're loud." I shook her.

"How am I supposed to know that!?" she broke into tears, putting her head down.

"Nic you need to calm down." I tried to get her to lift her head but she wouldn't budge.

"I know you're probably saying something right now.. but if I don't look at you, I cant hear you." she croaked through her tears. "And I don't want to hear you right now. I don't want a bullshit speech about staying strong, or any bullshit about you understanding. Because you don't ."

She took a deep breath and continued, "If I had known the consequences of driving off that day.. as cliché as it sounds, I wouldn't have done it. I don't know at what point I hit my head hard enough to lose everything, but I know that I was able to see and hear my babyboy's fear while we were stuck inside of that burning car."

She wiped her eyes and continued, "You grew up with a picture-perfect family. I didn't. Therefore, Aubrey, you don't understand what its like to maintain some sort of stability in your child's family-structure. And you don't understand what its like to have to fear that your child might have to grow up without his mother, just like you did."

"Aubrey you don't understand what its like to be stripped of your memory, stripped of your vision and your hearing. So until you've spent a week holding on to people's faces to try to decipher their speech, and the following week trying to read lips.. you don't understand shit." she concluded. She looked up at me, her jaw was clenched, her eyes were filled with tears and her cheeks were rose red.

"You're rig-"

"So I'm sorry if I speak a little too loudly sometimes, or if I need you to repeat something you've said every once in a while. I'm doing the best I can."

I was thinking, it'd be cool to go live on IG for you guys.. would you guys watch? I figured that way we could really interact all together ya know?

Anyways lemme know..

QOTD: Are yall still answering these? What do we think about these Aubrey-Lydia scenes?? is Lydia being shady orrr is Aubrey being guy-ish?

AOTD: No yall aint answering them anymore😭😂 . Honestly the scenes make me cringe like ughh Aubrey get a grip.

CHECK OUT NEW STORIES: "Crossing Paths" and "Team"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 0 16
Being a young girl with everything ready to go in life is what we all want. And it was what Clair wanted, college, a boyfriend and plans for her futu...
98.1K 2K 23
She loves him so much that she helps him fight his demons while He becomes hers.
477 8 32
High School sweethearts to Enemies to Co-Parents to Forever She has been through hell and back He has seen her go through hell and back He is her b...
219K 4.7K 31
Hi Im naj and this is my life nd story of being my mothers keeper nd Nicki Minaj's daughter!