Trust the Wrong Number || Ash...

By fightmeirwin94

Every time I trust someone, they show me why I shouldn't. What makes Ashton Irwin any different? More

One: Wrong Number
Two: Why are You Here?
Three: Broken Home
Four: Ever Heard of 'Em?
Five: My Life, My Choices
Six: YouTube
Seven: Realizations
Eight: Secrets
Nine: Trust
Ten: More Secrets
Eleven: Miserable
Twelve: I've Got a Plan
Thirteen: Surprise?
Fourteen: Second Chances
Fifteen: Act Natural
Sixteen: I've Missed You
CAST
Seventeen: Unwanted Reunions
Eighteen: Confessions
Nineteen: Scared
Twenty: Bets
Twenty-One: "I'm Fine"
Twenty-Two: My Escape
Twenty-Three: Unwelcomed Visitor
Twenty-Four: Darkness
Twenty-Five: Phone Calls
Twenty-Six: Verizon, Suckers
Twenty-Seven: Tracking
Twenty-Eight: "Don't Die"
Twenty-Nine: Day-Dreams
Thirty: Taking Matters into Our Own Hands
Thirty-One: Lantern
Thirty-Two: Rescue
Thirty-Three: Reunions
Thirty-Four: Exhausted
Thirty-Five: Nightmares
Thirty-Six: Breakfast
Thirty-Seven: Broken
Thirty-Eight: Emotions
Thirty-Nine: You're not Sorry
Forty: Twitter
Forty-One: Back to School
Forty-Two: Surprise Date
Forty-Three: Sick
Forty-Four: Doctor Visit
Forty-Five: Graduation
Forty-Six: Goodbyes
Forty-Seven: Texting on Stage
Forty-Eight: Genders and Reveals
Forty-Nine: Trending
Fifty: Moving Day and Paparazzi
Fifty-One: Breakdown
Fifty-Two: Inspiration
Fifty-Three: Heartbreak
Fifty-Four: Better Than Revenge
Fifty-Five: Stubborn
Fifty-Six: Surprise!
Fifty-Seven: Tour Bus
Fifty-Eight: Emergency
Fifty-Nine: Arrival
Sixty: Babies
Sixty-One: Oh, Brother
Sixty-Two: Family
Sixty-Three: Date Night
Sixty-Four: Babysitting Disasters and New Families
Sixty-Five: Bec's Birthday (Part 1): Jail Visit
Sixty-Six: Bec's Birthday (Part 2): Scavenger Hunt

Sixty-Seven: Bec's Birthday (Part 3): Roses

95 4 7
By fightmeirwin94

[Rebecca]

"Enjoy your evening," Roger says after opening the door for us.

"Thank you, Roger," I step out of the car and Ashley follows me.

We walk towards a doorway that has silver ribbons and crystals decorating it. I step up to the door and it swings open, revealing my little brother in a black button up, grey pants, and a silver tie.

"Jacob, you look so handsome!" I compliment him.

"You look pretty," he smiles up at me. "Please follow me."

I turn my head to look at Ashley, but she isn't there anymore. I'm nervous, confused, and ecstatic all at the same time.

I follow Jacob down long hallway, decorated in multicolored rose petals and silver glitter scattered across the floor and silver ribbons and crystals hanging on the walls.

When we reach the end of the hallway, Jacob opens another door, which reveals a large ballroom. I can see people outlining the perimeter of the room, but the only person I'm looking at is Ashton standing in the middle of the room in a black tux with a burgundy tie and a bouquet of different colored flowers in his arms.

Jacob steps out of the way and joins some people against the wall. Leading from the doorway to the where Ashton is standing in the middle of the room are two rows of small candles and more rose pedals on the floor.

He did all this for me?

I smile and walk down the small aisle towards my boyfriend as Elvis's song 'Can't Help Falling in Love with You' begins to play. It's the song that was playing when he first told me he loves me and we shared our first kiss.

I stand in front of him, but I don't say anything. I mean, what do you say when your boyfriend spends so much time and money just for your birthday? A simple 'thank you' doesn't seem to suffice.

"Roses are the most popular flower in terms of showing people affection," he says. "Different colored roses have different meanings."

He picks a lavender rose from the bouquet and extends his arm, giving me the flower.

"A lavender rose represents love at first sight. From the moment I first laid eyes on you, I've loved you with everything I have."

He picks a second rose, a red one, and gives it to me.

"A red rose represent love, courage, and respect. You are the most courageous person I've ever met. You have been through so much, and because of that, you have gained respect from many people. It's just one of the many reasons why I love you."

He picks a dark burgundy rose and gives it to me.

"A burgundy rose represents unconscious beauty. I know that you sometimes have a hard time seeing your beauty, but you are the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on."

I feel tears rise to my eyes as he proceeds to give me a pink rose.

"A pink rose represents gratitude and admiration. I am so thankful you have come into my life and I am thankful that you accidentally texted the wrong number that day," I let out a giggle as a tear drips down my cheek. "I admire you for being so loving, courageous, caring, and accepting of anybody."

He gives me a yellow rose from the bouquet.

"A yellow rose represents joy. You make me the happiest man in the entire world."

He gives me another yellow rose, but this one has red tips.

"A yellow rose with red tips represents falling in love. Every single day, every time I lay my eyes on you, every time I think about you, I fall even more in love with you than the moment before. I couldn't imagine my life without you."

By now, my makeup is probably completely ruined. How did I get so lucky to have Ashton Irwin as my boyfriend? I look at the remaining flowers in Ashton's hands and notice that the two roses left are intertwined, their stems wrapped around each other.

"A red and white rose given together represent unity," he gives me the two roses. "And two roses that are intertwined represent a question that could change the lives of two people in love."

Ashton reaches in his pocket and pulls out a black velvet box and gets on one knee. Is he--?  I drop the roses in my arms and throw my hands over my mouth. I can't help but let the tears flow from my eyes.

"Rebecca Lynn Mitchell, will you marry me?"

"Yes, yes, yes!" I cry and hold out my left hand. Cheers erupt throughout the room and Ashton's face lights up as he slides the beautiful silver ring onto my third finger.

"I love you so much, Ashton," I cry as he stands up. We share a short kiss (because there are obviously many people in the room) and I lay my head on his chest and he rests his chin on my head.

"I love you more, Rebecca," he whispers. I look up at him and see tears forming in his eyes.

"I love you most," I kiss him once more and we reluctantly pull apart as people gather around us.

I look around and see the families of all of the boys. Ashton's mom is pushing a stroller with Mason and Elouise.

"Anne Marie! It's so lovely to see you!" I greet her excitedly.

"Rebecca! Congratulations, darling!" She pulls me in for a tight hug.

"Thank you so much!" I reply. "Lauren! Harry! I've missed you guys!"

"Hi, Bec!" They both hug me eagerly.

"We're going to be, like, sisters!" Lauren smiles.

"We are!" I giggle in reply.

"Rebecca!" a loud voice says. I look over and see Michael running towards me.

"Michael!"

He lifts me up and spins me around.

"My best friends are engaged!" he yells before putting me down. He gives Ashton a hug as Jacob walks up.

"Becca!" he gives me a tight hug. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you, buddy!" I smile and hug him tightly. Soon, the other boys show up.

"Rebecca!"

"Calum!"

"Rebecca!"

"Luke!"

"Ashton!" Ashton calls his own name. We all look at him. "Yeah that's right, I'm still here," he chuckles. We laugh at him and I stand on my toes and kiss his lips.

"I'm so happy for both of you!" Luke says and hugs me tightly, then proceeds to hug Ashton.

"I am, too! You guys are perfect for each other," Calum says and hugs me, as well.

"Thank you, guys," Ashton and I say at the same time.

"Rebecca!" I hear somebody call my name. I turn around and see Ashley, along with a face that I haven't seen in months. Cassidy Pierce. I look up at Ashton, who seems just as confused.

I walk towards the two girls.

"What are you doing here, Cassidy?" I roll my eyes.

"I tried to keep her out, but she told me you two were friends. That is, until I realized you aren't," Ashley says.

"I wanted to apologize," Cassidy says.

"For?" I cross my arms. She sighs.

"I've been really mean to you, and now that we're graduated, we probably won't see each other again. We're not in high school anymore, so I just wanted to put all of that behind us and start over," she looks down at her feet.

"We used to be best friends, Cassidy. What happened?" I question. "Honestly, what did I do to make you hate me?"

"I don't know!" She throws her arms up. She sighs and crosses her arms. She looks back down at her feet, ashamed, and mumbles. "I was jealous, I guess."

"Jealous? Of me?" I chuckle. "Why?"

"You were always so happy," she says. "You had a happy family, you hit puberty before me, so you got so gorgeous early, you're insanely talented--"

"You think I'm happy?" I chuckle bitterly. I lower my voice. "My mom's in prison and my dad's dead. And then, I find out today that they aren't even my real parents, and that I'm adopted! I'm only turning 19 today and I have twins who are a product of rape. You and your little group bullying me only made my life 10 times worse. You made me hate myself. And that little stunt you pulled with Ashton was even worse," I spit. I move the silver bracelets on my wrist and show her my scars. "That is because of you."

"And I'm so sorry," she cries. "What I did was horrendous and uncalled for," she looks from me to Ashton. I didn't even realize he had followed me. "I didn't realize my words and actions would hurt you as badly as they did. You have to believe me when I say I hate what I did. You don't even have to forgive me. I just want you to know that I'm sorry," she frowns, and I can tell she's serious when I see tears in her eyes. "I hope you two have a happy life together." She gives me a small, sad smile and turns around to leave.

"Cassidy," I say as she opens the door to leave. She turns around. "I forgive you."

A smile appears on her face and she nods her head, mouths a 'thank you', and leaves.

"Hey, Ashley," I smile and turn to her.

"Hey, Bec! Congratulations!" She smiles.

"Thank you so much!" I smile widely and hug her. "And thank you for spending the day with me!"

"Girl, it's no problem! We should totally hang out sometime!"

"Yes! As much as I love the boys, I totally need some girl friends," I laugh. She laughs along.

"Well, hey, I remember you telling me about your song at the salon, and I figured now would be the perfect chance to perform it, if you'd like." She points to the front of the room.

I look at the front of the room and see a stool with a microphone and guitar next to it.

"Thank you so much, Ashley," I smile. "Wait, can you fix my makeup?"

"Yeah, here," she grabs a napkin from the table and comes back and dabs my face a few times.

"What song?" Ashton asks, seeming confused.

"You'll see," I smile.

"Perfect!" Ashley says. I thank her and kiss Ashton quickly before I make my way to the front of the room.

"Hey, everybody," I say into the microphone as I sit on the stool and place the guitar on my lap. The noise in the room disappears. "So, I thought now would be the perfect time to sing my new song." I notice a few people taking their phones out, probably to record. "This is for my amazing fiancé, Ashton," I smile at him and he smiles back at me. "He has taught me so much and he has changed my life for the better. I love you, Ashton. Thank you for teaching me that I don't have to be afraid."

[I Wouldn't Mind by He is We. video in media section]

I begin to strum my guitar. I look at Ashton the entire time I sing.

"Merrily we fall

Out of line, out of line

I'd fall anywhere with you

I'm by your side

Swinging in the rain

Humming melodies

We're not going anywhere until we freeze

I'm not afraid, anymore

I'm not afraid

Forever is a long time

But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side

Carefully we're placed for our destiny

You came and you took this heart, and set it free

Every word you write or sing is so warm to me, so warm to me

I'm torn, I'm torn to be right where you are

I'm not afraid, anymore

I'm not afraid

Forever is a long time

But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side

Tell me every day I get to wake up to that smile

I wouldn't mind it at all

You so know me

Pinch me gently

I can hardly breathe

Forever is a long, long time

But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side

Tell me every day I get to wake up to that smile

I wouldn't mind it at all

I wouldn't mind it at all "

By the time I'm finished, Ashton is crying, just as I had been before. The crowd erupts in cheers.

"Thank you," I say into the mic and slide off of the stool, placing the guitar in its previous spot.

Without a word, he takes me into his embrace. I pull away slightly after a moment and nod towards the door. He smiles and takes my hand and we sneak out of the building.

"Finally, some time alone," I chuckle as we sit on a bench.

"That was really beautiful," Ashton says, looking down at me.

"It was inspired by you," I smile. "I've learned that I don't have to be afraid to love, anymore. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, Ashton, and I am so grateful to have you in my life."

"And you are the best thing that has happened to me," he kisses my head softly. I lay my head on his shoulder and we sit in a comfortable silence.

"We're engaged," Ashton says, breaking the silence. I look up at him and see him smiling brightly.

"We're going to get married," I laugh excitedly.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you," he whispers and kisses my lips.

Before I met Ashton, I thought I had my whole life planned out. I knew how many kids I wanted, what their names would be, and what my career would be.

Never did I ever expect to be engaged to the famous Ashton Irwin, be the mother of twins whose father is in prison, and have over a million subscribers who beg for me to make more original music at only 19 years old.

Never did I ever expect that my brother and I would finally get out of the Hell-hole I used to call home and finally find a real family (who happens to be the insanely hot Australian pop-punk band 5 Seconds of Summer).

Sometimes, though, life will throw you a curve ball, and what you think is absolutely horrendous will turn out to make you a stronger person. Yeah, I've been through so many awful things these past 9 months, but in the end, it has made me so much stronger. It has made me the happiest I've been in my entire life.

I honestly do not know where I would be if it weren't for 5 Seconds of Summer.

"I love you, Rebecca Lynn Mitchell."

"I love you more, Ashton Fletcher Irwin."

"I love you most."

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

that was the last chapter! I'll upload the epilogue soon!

I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT

I WILL BE MAKING A SEQUEL!

The sequel will involve all of the same characters, but will revolve around Michael love story.

HOWEVER!!  I will not be starting the sequel for a while.  I am working on another story! It's a Calum story! I will upload the description and the prologue later today, and it's going to be much better and well prepared than this one.

comment what y'all thought of this story:-)

I love y'all!

~Hannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 152 15
The most recent update was me just grammar-botting everything. I am no longer taking requests. I'm focused on other endeavors and have grown away fro...
1.3M 11.9K 200
•CalumHood replied to your message• [ top ranking : #6 in CalumHood]
32.3K 367 53
Well, title says all. Most will be from tumblr but I will try to write some on my own
29.5K 222 77
Basically preferences but, I"ll aware you when its a fandom or my own writing ❤️ enjoy!