Wolf Girl

By blackwolves16

Mia's life is completely flipped upside-down in the course of a few days. She wakes up in a lab, finds out a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2 Part 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Who I Based My Characters Off Of
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Shout Outs
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
#nomorebullying
Chapter 35
Tagged
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Q&A With the Author
#somethingdifferentaboutyou
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Tagged and A/N Combined
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Key to the Characters
Reader Based Characters
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Shout Outs
Chapter 51
New Story Cover Idea #1
New Story Cover Idea #2
New Story Cover Idea #3
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Ask the Characters
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Tagged
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Christmas Special
Chapter 72
Tagged
Chapter 73
Tagged
Author's Note
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Author's Note
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83 - Part One
Chapter 83 - Part Two
Chapter 84
Christmas Special
Chapter 85

Chapter 74

7 0 1
By blackwolves16

Mia's POV

What happened? I asked myself as I slowly opened my eyes. And why am I back at the Institute?

"Mia?"

I snapped my head up and immediately groaned when my head started pounding. "What happened?" I asked as I laid back down, closing my eyes.

"What do you remember?"

I heard a chair drag across the floor towards me. "Not much," I started, opening my eyes a little to see who I was talking to. "I was talking to Gray, then you guys came along with the other vampires. We talked, Tyler came running in...and then I woke up here."

"You don't remember the fight?"

"Should I?"

"Yeah. It's why you're in the infirmary."

"Seems legit," I mumbled as I tried to make sense of everything. "Wait...I'm back at the Institute. What happened with Gray? And Tyler, is he okay? And how did you guys manage to get me out? Why don't I want to go back?"

"Slow down. I'll explain everything, but first we need to make sure you're okay. I'm going to go get Magnus so he can check you out."

I nodded my head, or tried to, and felt Vincent kiss my forehead before walking towards the door. Smiling, I closed my eyes again and took a deep breath.

Mia?

Wh...Tyler?

Good, you're okay.

Why wouldn't I be?

Vincent will explain. I just had to make sure you were safe.

What about you? Are you okay?

For right now. Gray isn't too happy they took you, but I don't think he'll do anything too dramatic yet.

Why didn't you come with us?

You know I can't leave even if I wanted to.

You could -

Mia, I just can't. I have to go. I'll try to talk to you soon.

Be safe.

I'll try.

And just like that, my mind was silent. I groaned and brought my hands up to cover my face.

"Rough day?"

Taking my hands away from my face, I looked towards the door. "You could say that," I replied, trying to sit up, but giving up.

"Take it easy. You were hurt pretty badly."

"So I've been told."

"It's good to see you up and talking."

I returned his smile as best I could before closing my eyes. "My head's pounding."

"Does anything else hurt?" Magnus asked.

"Not really. I mean everything's sore, but that's to be expected after apparently being in a fight."

He chuckled before saying, "That's the spirit. There's only one thing I have to check and then that'll be it for me for a little bit."

I nodded my head and felt him move the blanket, sucking in a sharp breath when he pressed down on my stomach. Opening my eyes, I saw Magnus send me a small apologetic smile before blue sparks drew my gaze to his hands.

"What's that?"

"My powers. I'm a warlock. Warlock equals magic, at least for me," he replied, snapping his fingers. The motion sent sparks flying and I couldn't help smiling. He returned it before moving the blanket back. "You're a strong one, but not completely healed. As much as you might not like this, I'm going to have to insist that you stay here, at least for the day."

"Normally, I'd argue with you, but, considering my head feels like someone's pounding it with a hammer whenever I move, I think staying here sounds like a pretty good idea."

"Good. I'll send Vincent back in to answer any questions you have. Try to get some rest and don't move too much or too fast."

"Yes, sir," I said, saluting him.

He laughed and gave my hand a quick squeeze before making his way to the door. When it closed, I took a deep breath before slowly pushing myself up onto my elbows. I was just about to push myself up into a sitting position when I heard the door open again.

"Mia!"

"What? I just want to sit up."

The door closed and Vincent seemingly appeared at my side. "I thought Magnus told you not to move."

"No. He said to not move too much or too fast. He never said I couldn't move," I replied, starting to push myself up.

"You should still be laying down," he said, even as he helped me sit up and positioned the pillows behind my back.

"I'm fine, I promise. Besides, I'd rather be sitting up to talk to people, which I know I'm probably going to be doing a lot of."

This earned a small laugh from Vincent as he sat down on the edge of the bed. "You scared me."

"I didn't try to," I replied, offering a slight smile.

"I know you didn't. Let's just not make this a habit."

"I don't know if I can promise that."

We both laughed before Vincent responded. "True. Let's try to not make it a habit, then."

"That I can do," I said, smiling.

He smiled back, but I could tell he was only doing it for show. His eyes betrayed the huge amount of concern he was feeling and how much whatever had happened had scared him. I reached over to take his hand, gently pulling him closer to me.

"I'm okay; really, I am. Whatever Magnus did worked wonders. I'll be back to my normal self in no time."

In response, Vincent just closed the distance between us and kissed me. I could tell that he was holding back, most likely for fear of hurting me, but the passion was still there. When we broke apart, I took a deep breath to slow my now racing heart.

"Okay...not to be a complete downer, but could you tell me what happened? I'd like to know why exactly I'm not allowed to move too much."

He sighed before straightening up a little, tightening his grip on my hand. "You said you remember everything up to when the vampires attacked, right?" When I nodded my head, he continued on. "Okay, so Tyler, you, and I were fighting them until one came up behind you. I called out your name and you turned around, but not soon enough. It stabbed you, but you managed to kill it before you passed out."

"That explains the bandage and why I can't remember anything. What happened after? How did you guys manage to get me back to being me?"

"Tyler and I finished killing the vampires. We came over to where you were to see how bad the wound was when Jace ran in."

"Wait, Jace was there?" I asked, sitting up a little straighter.

"Yeah. He was supposed to be with me, but they needed help fighting. So, Jace came and the rest of the group followed a little after. Magnus portaled us back here and told everyone to leave so he could heal you."

"So you don't know what Magnus did?"

Vincent shook his head. "Nope. Honestly, I'm not too concerned about it. You're here, alive, and back to your normal self. That's all that matters to me."

I smiled up at him and gave his hand a small squeeze. "What about Tyler? I know he worked, and probably still is working, with Gray, but he was my friend."

"When we left, he was fine. I did try to get him to come with us, but he just said he had to stay. I wish I could tell you more."

"It's okay. Thank you for telling me all of that."

"Of course. Anything for you."

I smirked. "Anything?"

"Anything...well, almost anything."

Laughing, I replied, "That's what I thought."

He smiled and leaned down to kiss me. When he pulled back, he stood up before saying, "I should probably go let the others know that you're up, if Magnus hasn't already."

"Okay. Promise you'll come back later?"

"I promise."

After placing a soft kiss on my forehead and giving my hand one last squeeze, Vincent made his way over to the door. He smiled at me one last time before the door closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...