Heart On The Line... *Mj Fanf...

By vivaladivaa

It's 1994. It's been five years since Rose was sentenced to 30 years in prison for a crime she didn't commit... More

1994.
Breaking News
Secret Meetings
Getting Reacquainted
"Family" Time
Realizations and Feelings
Billy.
?
The VMAs - Part 1
Icon Of The Decade- The VMAs Part 2
"Dr. Doolittle"
12.
Authors Note.
The Decision
Family Day
The Shortest Chapter Ever
One Year Later
London Baby!
Story Annoucement!
Flashback
The Concert
A Visit
Home
22
I Love U
Tonight
Intruder
Captive
Aftermath
Scream
Authors Note
Another Day, Another Trial.
"She's Coming"

28

243 19 10
By vivaladivaa

"Well, it looks like we'll be here for another couple of days, maybe a week, so that means Rose has to cancel her shows until she recovers." I sigh, stretching my legs.

After Rose threw up and almost bled out everywhere, they had to take her to see what the problem was. We all assumed she was pregnant, which I was sorta happy about, given the circumstances, but she wasn't. From there we thought she had a miscarriage, but the doctor said that didn't happen either.

"Did they say what the cause of it was?" Mother asked.

"Um, kinda."

"Well, what do you know so far?" Dalma asks, shaking her legs like crazy.

"It seems to be her ovaries. She had a growing cyst brought on by stress and lack of proper hydration. All the stress and whatnot caused it to rupture, which is what most likely caused the bleeding. They're just waiting for all the tests to come back." I stretch my back. For once in my life I desperately wanted to sleep, it seems like every time I close my eyes something is happening.

"Oh my baby." Dalma sobs. Out of everyone I'm more concerned about her now. She just poured her heart out to me about losing her second child, who we don't even know if she's alive or not, and now her first child, her pride and joy, is battling this. If anyone needs to catch a break, it's her.

"We won't hear anything until tomorrow, so maybe you all should go." I say, and everyone agreed.

"Come on love, you're more than welcome to stay with us while this is all happening. I don't want to worry about you being alone." My mother offers to Dalma, who smiled graciously.

"Thank you mama, I've always been grateful for you and your family's hospitality every time something happens. I just wish I could do the same." Dalma sighs, and mother pats her back.

"There's no need. You're always welcome no matter what."

The two new friends said their goodbyes before leaving the waiting area, and soon enough my siblings and Joesph left.

I wasn't sure if I should stay here or go home. I'm afraid to go home for various reasons:

-What if something happens to Rose? I'll feel bad for being here.

-What if Lisa and Billy had other accomplices? What if they're waiting for me to be alone?

-What if the-

I shake the thoughts out of my head. I'm being paranoid for no reason. Rose is fine, everything is okay. I just really need to get some sleep.

I left an hour later, after making sure it was clear to leave, and that Rose was fine for the night. I promised I would be back first thing in the morning, and hopefully she would be awake.

Getting into my hotel a short time later, I finally had a chance to look at myself and clean up. I was still in my clothes from when we were attacked, and I felt disgusting.

I stripped off my clothes and threw them in the trash, then stepped into the shower. I was deep in my thoughts, thinking about all the stupid, immature things I've done within this past year. Tabitha was right, I should've listened to her before I let it go too far.

As I was about to wash my hair, I felt something different. My hair, which is usually in a ponytail, was not hitting my back. Confused, I take it out, running my fingers through it. To my horror I found clumps of hair in my hands.

Immediately I remember that while I was still conscious, one of them pulled me by my hair and did something to it. I never knew what it was because I was in too much pain.

Well, now I know.

I quickly finish showering and get out. Once
I had at least my pants on I head out to the bedroom.

I gasped to myself. My hair was cut off completely. Without it being in a ponytail you couldn't tell something was up. I sigh to myself and call for someone to help me fix it.

You were in need of a new look anyways. Hopefully Rose will like it.

A short time later, Karen showed up with a hairstylist, and got to work.

"You know you have to speak to the press right?" Karen says, wobbling to the table.

"I know. I just don't know what to say or do. I had something prepared but now that she's stuck at the hospital I'm not sure what I should say."

"I see. Just don't give much info and tell them that you and Rose are fine, and you would like to have some privacy so the both of y'all can recover. Plus you have the VMAs coming soon and I know you're not prepared."

I nod my head. Karen was right. I haven't gotten anything accomplished in the last couple of weeks.

"So," the hairstylist, Adam, claps his hands and turns to me. "Do we want to cut it all off and start new? Or do you want to try extensions?"

"Give him extensions." Karen says.

"I can't make my own decisions now?"

"What are you gunna do about 'Scream'? You already completed the principal photography, and your hair is long as hell. You can't cut it off just yet."

"Ugh. You're right. Give me the extensions please. But as soon as we finish filming, I'm cutting it off. I'm in need of a new look."

•••••••••
*Rose*

The next morning

Alright. You'll feel a little pinch, but then you'll be able to open your eyes. I know you can hear me Rose. Just hang on tight.

I hear voices all over, but I see nothing but darkness. I hear the radio and it's playing Insatiable by Prince.

I was feeling mellow, despite the fact that I had no clue what was going on. I felt a pinch, followed by a burning sensation throughout my body, causing me to gasp and open my eyes.

"She's awake!" I hear a familiar voice say, and I turn my head to the left. It was so bright I couldn't keep my eyes open.

"Mija!" My Mom says, stroking my face. "I'm so happy you're okay."

"W-what happened?" I croak, my throat felt so dry.

My mom looks at the doctor, who nodded his head.

"You had a cyst on your ovaries, and it caused to rupture because of panic and stress from," my mom was hesitant.

"From what? What happened?"

"From the attack."

It dawned on me that I was in here for a reason, which caused the monitor to start beeping.

"Rose calm down. She most likely doesn't remember what happened after she initially passed out, but it'll come back to her." The doctor says, writing on his clipboard. "I'll be right back." He exits.

"Where are they?" I look around, not calming down.

"In jail. They aren't going to get you."

I breathe a sigh of relief, which was short lived since I realized someone else wasn't here.

"Michael!"

"What about Michael?" My Mom asks.

"Where is he? Is he dead?! Oh my god he's dead isn't he!" I started sobbing, my words incoherent.

"Baby girl calm down! Calmate!" Mom shushes me. "Michael is okay. He's fine."

I stop crying, wiping my tears. "Oh. Okay, that's good. Well, where is he?"

"He's on his way. He just finished talking to the press downstairs."

I sighed to myself, rubbing my hair. "Is this all over?"

"Yes baby, it's all over. You just need to relax now. Don't worry about the media. Just take a break." My Mom gives me a kiss on the head, making me smile.

"Alright. I have your tests results right here." The doctor comes back, sitting down on a chair. "You're completely fine. We were able to take out the cyst before it could do more damage. We're going to keep you here for another day, then you'll be discharged in the morning. Once you're home, you're on immediate bed rest for the next week, then you'll come back here so we can check up on you. After that, you should be free for good."

"Thank you doctor. I'm sure you're tired of seeing me here all the time."

The doctor chuckles, "It's no problem Rose. You're actually one of my favorites. It's not everyday when we get two of the biggest celebrities here every month."

I smiled and laughed, feeling a little better.

We heard a knock on the door and it opens, showing the love of my life, smiling his gorgeous smile, and walked over to me.

"Hi baby." I smile.

"Hi Rosie." He leans in, giving me the sweetest kiss I've ever had.

"How are you doing?" He asks, stroking my hair.

"I'm fine. The doctor said in a week I'll be okay to do what I want." I look at Michael and notice something's different.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. You look different."

"Oh." Michael laughs. "Well, when I got to my hotel I took a shower, come to find out Billy or Lisa cut my hair off."

My mom and I gasped. "Michael..."

"Yeah. I didn't notice because I was in pain and more worried about you. So I was going to cut it off, but I couldn't since I still have to film the short film with Janet, so I had extensions put in. They're longer than usual but it'll do."

I grab a lock of his hair, it was a perfect curl. He looked amazing as usual, wearing his hair down, signature black pants and loafers, a black v-neck shirt, and a black coat. He also had on a gold necklace and let me tell you, If it wasn't for the fact that I was ordered for bed rest, I would've fucked the shit out of him.

"I'm so glad you're okay Rosie. I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

"You lost me twice, you could've survived a third time."

"Oh shut up." He smiles. "I missed your mean ass."

"I know. I don't know how you put up with me."

"I don't know either. But I do know I wanna put up with you forever." He reaches into his pocket, and takes out the ring he gave me all those years ago.

"Since we're both sober for this, I'd figure I'd give it another shot."

"Ugh Michael. I'm in a hospital bed. How come every time you propose something is happening to me?"

"I like to keep things exciting." He laughs. Michael goes down on his knee, his face close to mine.

"Rosie baby? Will you, for the third and hopefully final time, marry me?"

"Yes, for the third and final time. I will marry you Jackson baby." I smile.

He slips on the ring and kisses me tenderly, my mom was watching from the other side.

"Ayyyyyyyyyy my babies are finally getting married!" She sobs onto the doctors shoulders.

We laugh at her, and although I'm confined in a hospital bed, and slightly in pain, I finally feel at peace.

The healing process can begin.

-----------------
YOU GUYSSSSSSS! ITS BEEN ONE YEAR SINCE HER NAME WAS ROSE CAME OUT!!!! Also I hit 4K reads on it today!!!! I'm so excited!

So, to celebrate, I have a surprise...

Here's the cover to book three; Why I Love You So Much.

It'll come out in January/February 2017!!!!!

I'm so happy that you guys love this book. It means the world to me that you all love this book! ❤️  as of now book two isn't ending, I have about five or so chapters left before it's over, so don't worry! 🙂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Whiteout By Osma

Fanfiction

3K 37 15
"Shit- let me look at that....can you scoot over?" The apparition ignored my request. As my eyes adjusted, I knew I was dreaming. Or dying. This had...
50K 1.7K 41
Michael, a world renowned ambassador of pop music and a crossover of pop, r&b, and soul. Some call him a connoisseur, a "magician with luminesce...
12.9K 912 36
*Completed!* Her name was Rose. She had everything she ever wanted and more because she was one of the most famous people in the world. She has a big...
81.1K 2.7K 98
Sasha is at her wits end of being in an unhealthy relationship and handing out chances to Michael after all of his lies and games. Using his career a...