Draeyer Academy (First Ver.)

By ShanaZeren

(FIRST DRAFT) (53 Chapters + Bonus Materials) The Draes are wild, dangerous, magnificent and powerful creatur... More

Notice of the Rewrite
Draeyer's Song
Maps/Extras
Chapter 1-The Theft
Chapter 2-The Hunter and The Drae
Chapter 3-Encounter
Chapter 4-Old Men and their Olden Days
Chapter 5-Saying Goodbye
Chapter 6-Under the Moons
Chapter 7-Welcome to Draeyer Academy
Chapter 8-The Little Draeling
Chapter 9-The Headmaster
Chapter 10-Early Morning
Chapter 11-A Day of Firsts
Chapter 12-During Draeology Class
Chapter 13-Incubation Chamber
Chapter 14-Library Time
Chapter 15-The Twins
Chapter 16- Professors
Chapter 17-Attacked
Chapter 18-Sentiral Stone
Chapter 19-Areisha's Guardian
Chapter 20-Scars
Chapter 21-New Day, New Class
Chapter 22-Eggs
Chapter 23-Two is Company, Three is a Crowd
Chapter 24-Cold Fire
Chapter 25-At The Lounge
Chapter 26-Gael
Chapter 27-It's Girl Time (Part 1)
Chapter 28-It's Girl Time (Part 2)
Chapter 29-Gue
Chapter 30-Lowering Walls
Chapter 31-Visitations
Chapter 32-Damned Old Men
Chapter 33-Sweet Peace Offering
Chapter 34-Darkness
Chapter 36-Happier
Chapter 37-Saved
Chapter 38-His Thoughts
Chapter 39-Speculations
Chapter 40-Flames
Chapter 41-Hospitalized
Chapter 42-Surprise
Chapter 43-Tied
Chapter 44- Cooking and Talking
Chapter 45-Admix
Chapter 46-Books
Chapter 47-Star Dorm (Part 1)
Chapter 48-Star Dorm (Part 2)
Chapter 49-Beuen
Chapter 50-Story
Chapter 51-Father and Daughter
Chapter 52-Friends
Chapter 53-The Thief
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Shcielle (Draeyer Academy 2)
MY LAUGHABLE EFFORTS ON ART (Bonus)
WHEN I GET BORED (FACTS)
Character Profile: ALEC ARDEN
BONUS CHAPTER: Brothers

Chapter 35-Council of Heavens

9K 683 116
By ShanaZeren

Maenin City- High Council Manor
Cetrulis Skyland
Central Space

A quiet groan escaped Gael's lips as a woman led him through the elegant white and yellow hallways of the High Council Manor.

He knew for a fact that Headmaster Donovan had a lot of people at his disposal. However it just had to be him―among the others―that had to run this errand of his. Having known the old man for more than a decade, he was aware that he liked to do things by himself. When he asks or sends someone to do something for him though, he had ulterior motives for the unlucky person.

And now, he was that unlucky person. He also knew what Donovan's hidden agenda was for sending him there. At that point in time, he hated the cunning old geezer and regretted ever telling him his biggest secret.

He clutched the thick envelope he held in his hand, and almost crumpled it if he failed to notice. He sucked in a breath when the dark-haired lady stopped before large double doors. Gold paint colored the doors and the images of the sun, stars clouds, and the twin moons carved on to it. He released his breath and checked his clothing and hair, making sure nothing looked out of place. A bitter smile fell on his lips. When was the last time I stopped worrying of how I look in front of people, he thought.

The woman knocking on the doors broke him out of his thoughts. A gruff voice called out to come in followed soon after. The lady bowed to him before walking away. He grasped the knob, twisted, and pushed it ajar. He kept his gaze on the blue carpeting, even as pushed the doors closed behind him. When he heard it click, he lifted his head and kept a neutral expression on his face.

"Good morning Augusts," he said. He bent his upper body forward in a bow before he continued. "It's an honor to be in your presence once more."

Silence followed his greeting, before a soft controlled laugh of a woman broke it. He straightened and shifted his green gaze to the only female sitting around the round table where a sun was carved along with images of Kosmos' three Draes curled on its rays.

"Fenrin, stiff as always I see," the old woman said, "and finally a grown man." She smiled, and more of her wrinkles showed on the corners of her eyes. She brushed a lock of graying hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear. Her warm brown eyes still shined the same way Gael remembered. She didn't look like she aged at all since their last meeting―which was more than half a decade ago.

Astrin Graesiun. She was the only woman in the Council and by far the oldest and wisest among them all. Mainly responsible for judging and leading the trials in the High Court for Kosmiks' vilest criminals.

"It is only proper August Astrin," Gael said. The old woman only shook her head at him before beckoning him forward.

"Since you're here as well, I would like to ask how my rebellious son is doing in Draeyer Academy," a redhead man asked with his dark brown eyes locked on to him.

Ronel Lun Versulies. He was known for being one of the people responsible of the prosperity of the Skylands' economies. He was Reinand's―or simply Rei's―father. He resisted the urge to frown in anger at the man for not even making an effort to check on his son on his own. However, with the current status between the father and son, it was impossible for them to see each other without one of them cutting the other's throat open. At least he's asking for the student's well being, his conscience said. That means he cares.

"He's fine August Ronel," he said. "His unruly tendencies have stopped...for now I suppose."

"Good," Ronel said with firm nod. "I can't have him tainting the family name more than he already has. His older brothers won't always be there to clean up after him."

"The boy is like that because you're too strict on him," the third man in the room spoke. He brushed back his shoulder length brown hair and narrowed his blue eyes at Ronel.

Justo Dwervin Tullan. He was the main person responsible for improving the quality of education in the Skylands, and supporting studies and researches done by the Scholars. He was also the one who declared that student Sentires were to be separated from the rest for close monitoring and guidance with their powers.

"Stop whatever you have to say Tullan. You're smart enough to you know what's best for you," he said. "That boy needs a firm hand. He's tarnished our family's reputation by cancelling his engagement to Edrik Munstone's daughter. What more, he declared to the world his unacceptable preferences in...gender."

Reputation

At the mention of the word, his eyes unconsciously sought for green ones he was familiar with. He found the owner of the eyes sitting regally on his chair with his attention fixed on him and him alone. Before the argument between Ronel and Justo could escalate, Astrin silenced them.

"Stop it you fools," she said. "You're acting inappropriately."

Still, he didn't break away from the man's emerald gaze.

Gayus Raven Fewquem. He was known for his silence, but feared for his unmatched skill in combat. He led all Ryders in Kosmiks and was responsible for maintaining peace. Gael glued his eyes shut before ripping his gaze away from him.

"I won't take up more of your time," he said. He stepped forward and placed the envelope on the table before returning to his former position. "Those are the important documents Headmaster asked me to send. Would you all mind if I ask to take my leave? I don't intend to deviate from my other responsibilities."

"Very well, you are dismissed," Gayus said. Gael stopped himself from shuddering at his tone, and bowed low. He hurried out the room and shut the door behind him. He walked and turned a few corners before leaning on a wall. After releasing a sigh his hands clenched into fists when Gayus' face appeared in his mind.

"Come on Gael, don't let the bastard get to you," he whispered to himself. With a now calm look on his face, his feet moved and brought him back to the lobby of the building. The moment he emerged from the hall, three men in green Ryder uniforms entered the building. Their eyes fell on him and they ran to his front. He recognized them as Badran, Von and Yuen. The chink-eyed Yuen came stopped first and spoke.

"Professor Fenrin, we have a problem."

"What is it?"

"Head Ryder Kreis found Alec unconscious in the woods surrounding the Simbhan in the north of the city," Badran said.

Gael's eyes widened and dread tugged at his being. He stepped forward and grasped Badran's arm. He dragged him to one empty hallway, and whispered urgently.

"Where is he? Is he all right?"

"He's in the inn you both are staying at. We couldn't risk bringing him to the hospital because of his safety. We also tried to avoid suspicion so we didn't bring him to the base. Lord Kreis and the others are guarding him."

"We have a reason to believe that it was the man we are looking for and the one after Alec's life," Von said. "Thanks to Alec's help we had a sketch on the man's face. We spotted him earlier, but before he we could run after him he disappeared among the crowed attending the festival."

"Tss," Gael started. "Go ahead. I want you all to make sure he's safe until I get there." The men nodded and ran out the High Council Manor. Gael took, a moment to calm himself. He then decided to head for Asher and leave. But before that could happen though, a hand tightened around his wrist and tugged him into another empty hallway. He wretched his arm out of the person's grasp before whirling around to glare.

"I have no time for this," he said. In spite of his sudden outburst, his mouth clamped shut and he froze at the sight of the man before him. He shook his head with vigor before recovering his glare while crossing his arms in front of him. "What do you want?"

Green eyes, almost similar to his, softened, before its owner stepped closer. Gayus stood there watching him, before he looked down at Gael's right foot tapping on the floor. The August released a sigh.

"Who else knows aside from Gravis?"

Gael froze for a moment, knowing what he was asking about. His foot stopped tapping before he looked down at the floor.

"Lord Donovan knows."

"That explains why he sent you here."

"I never wanted a conversation with you." Gael narrowed his eyes at him once more, before taking a step back. "Is that all you're asking? Don't worry, I won't talk and ruin your precious reputation. Frankly, I have forgotten about it."

"Why didn't you accept the position I offered in the Regimes?"

Gael fell silent again before he spoke not a moment after. "I don't want anything that has to do with you."

"I offered it for the sole reason of your potential and skill. Not because of...." Gayus trailed off.

"Call me childish or what, but I won't accept anything from you even if it's personal or as a member of the Council."

"What would it take for you to forgive me?"

This time, Gael fell completely quiet and looked down at his boots. When he noticed Gayus' hand was about to touch him, his own hand slapped it away. He glared.

"Go die and burn in the pits of Blazen for all the wrong you've done!"

Gayus stood there, looking anything but shocked at his words and actions. He lowered his hand slowly before he spoke with a sad smile on his face.

"You really are my son." Those words were the last straw, and Gael pushed him away from him with so much force he hit the adjacent wall.

"I am not your son," Gael said, his voice a harsh whisper. "I am Eastina's child, and Eastina's alone. My father is Lord Donovan, not anyone else, and certainly not you!"

Pain appeared in Gayus' emerald orbs, and he remained slumped against the wall, with his arms limp on his sides. He looked down and shook his head.

"I am glad that Donovan raised you then," he said. "Otherwise, you wouldn't be who you are now. If you had stayed with me, I wonder if you would care as much as you do now for that boy named, Cenred."

Gael's brows knit in annoyance at his statement.

"Yes, I'm glad as well," he said. "And his name is Alec, not Cenred!"

He never failed to notice how Gayus' eyes widened in surprise before he quickly hid with his infamous stone face. He coughed.

"I apologize for my mistake," he said. "I apologize for stopping you while you seem to be in a hurry."

Gael stomped away from the man and kept his mind occupied by Alec's current condition. In spite of this, one statement from the man behind him caught in his ear.

"And I apologize for all the wrong I've done to you and your mother."

####

Whoo. I find it hard to write a bit of drama. So...does Gael seem more real now? And what do you think about Rei? hahaha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32 5 7
There are five kingdoms on the planet called "Earth", wherein the people have their own elemental power; it is either fire, water, earth, ice, wind...
385 13 11
When Amity was forced to cut ties with Willow and was sent away for four years of High School. In the meantime, Luz stumbled into the Demon Realm mak...
13.7K 2.3K 47
"Do you know what you're doing to me?" He leaned his head forward and buried it in her neck, inhaling deeply before peppering kisses along her stern...
413 32 23
Kumaglak is a normal six year old kid from a village in Arctica, one of the six continents in the world Erdas. He is the son of Chief Tuktu one o...