1,000 Words (Lauren/You)

By h_g_13

Y/N Y/LN never thought she'd return to the place she hated most. Especially if she had to work there. The you... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 3

12.6K 510 187
By h_g_13

LAUREN'S POV

As soon as I stepped out of the room I leaned against the door with a deep breath. I could still feel the heat rising from my neck to the tips of my ears. Damnit we were so close. And goddamnit she smelt so fucking good. My heartbeat was still erratic, making me think it could burst out of my chest. I didn't know why I was freaking out so bad but I was.

Because you have like, the biggest crush on her. Shut up, I wouldn't call it that. It's only been the second day of the whole school year and I'm already insanely attracted to my teacher to the point where it's driving me crazy. I shook my head and straightened myself out, heading on my journey to walk home. I took out my headphones and put them in my ears, setting my music on shuffle. It was only about a ten minute walk to my house but when I got there I didn't see any sign of my parents.

I sighed. They're always gone, and they always take Taylor and Chris with them. They act as if I'm not even a part of their family. I made my way to my bedroom and sat down on my bed, deciding to just do my homework now so I don't have to do it later.

Music played through my room after I added some of The Killers' songs to my playlist. I just had all their albums and songs on shuffle so I could see which ones I really loved. It was getting really dark outside giving me the impression that it was getting late but once I looked out there, I noticed it was about to rain. I love the rain.

It was so calming and beautiful. I especially loved lightning storms too. The way they move with the clouds and the intricate designs they can make. An idea came to my mind to photograph it. That's all I ever think about to be honest. But I couldn't just take one from my bedroom window.

I really wanted to impress Y/N. I grabbed my windbreaker since it wouldn't get wet in the rain and threw on another layer before that. I grabbed my camera and locked the door behind me once I exited the house.

My parents didn't trust me with a car, nor did they want to waste money on me so I had to walk everywhere I went. It sucked, especially now since I didn't really know where I wanted to go. Even if it was out of my element it would be so far away.

Maybe the countryside would be good enough. Y/N really liked landscapes if I can remember correctly. Maybe I can incorporate that into my pictures. Maybe then she'll be impressed. Surprisingly it wasn't that cold outside. And it wasn't necessarily pouring yet.

It takes about an hour for most of the buildings to clear into open land. On my way there I took some pictures but I didn't really put any thought or effort into them. They were just aesthetically pleasing. There was a dirt road that went on for about a mile. My grandfather used to take me up here all the time just so I could explore.

I'm going to regret going after this but I honestly felt like it was going to be worth it in the end. Especially if Y/N appreciates the picture. Hopefully she would, then maybe she would find me worthy enough to pursue. God shut up Lauren.

She would never find you worthy enough to pursue or whatever that means. That sounded so stupid why would she even find you attractive when you think, let alone say shit like that.

But god damn was she so irresistible. She has clouded my thoughts since the first second I ever saw her. Which I mean was like yesterday but that's beside the point. We all know that's a lost cause since there is no chance in hell that'll happen. Ever.

Oh well it still wouldn't hurt to at least try. What's the worst that can happen? Nothing changes really but I guess. I finally reached the end of the dirt road to see a huge broken down barn that looked really creepy. I took a couple pictures but it wasn't looking good yet.

I waited until the lightning hit the earth a couple of times before I got the perfect shot. The lightning strike hit the ground perfectly so that it was right in the middle of the opening of the barn. It cast a purplish tint across the sky.

There was only one strike with a couple smaller ones branching out. I made sure the barn was exactly in the middle of the frame so everything was aligned.

"Fuck yes!" I cheered to myself. By now the rain had stopped and only the sound of thunder roared through the sky and occasional lightning strikes hit the ground. I checked the time on my phone to see it was pretty late already. Somehow the trek home seemed much faster than walking to the countryside.

My parents still weren't home when I got there but I wasn't surprised and frankly I didn't really care. Once I got into my room and sat down on bed I loaded my pictures onto my laptop. Maybe I should see how much it would be to download photoshop onto my laptop.

"Holy shit! People actually pay three thousand dollars for this?!" I exclaimed to myself. Luckily I found a cheap enough one that I could afford, but I guess it had to be shipped so I had to wait until it was delivered. Excitement courses through my body and I couldn't wait until school tomorrow.

+~+~+~+~

"Well if it isn't the loser!" Someone called out. I looked over to see Austin Mahone and his stupid friends all laughing at me. Just ignore them Lauren, they're not worth it. I started walking away but Austin started yelling again. "Hey I'm talking to you, bitch!" He began walking in my direction.

"Leave her the fuck alone, Austin!" A new voice caught my attention. I looked over to see a tall girl with blonde hair glaring at Austin causing him to back away and leave with his friends. When they were gone the girl turned to me with the biggest smile on her face as if she just didn't do anything to him. "Hi I'm Dinah, what's your name?" She held out her hand to me.

"Lauren." I whispered and shook her hand.

"Great well Lauren, if he ever messes with you again don't be afraid to tell me and I'll handle it, okay?" She smiled. I nodded and was surprised when Dinah suddenly hugged me.

"I'll see you around." With the she bounded away out of sight. I shrugged and just decided to head to my first class of the day. Although out the day my mind was stuck on my photography teacher. Which also scared me, because how could I completely and utterly attracted to my teacher when it's only been two days. How could she have such a huge affect on me. But at the same time, why am I not complaining about it. I don't mind that she already has this hold on me and that also scares me.

Before I could even process it, it was time for the last class of the day, photography. When I walked in the classroom, Y/N was sitting at her desk, looking at her computer. I sat down in my usual seat awkwardly. After a couple more minutes the late bell rang, signaling the start of class.

Y/N didn't even get up from her seat before she started talking. "Okay class there is a learning guide on Google Classroom with a list of vocabulary you need to know. Just create a document and define all the words before turning it in. This should take all class and most of next class so don't fool around." She said disinterestedly.

The older woman turned back to her computer, leaving the class to do their work. I wonder what's wrong with her today. She just doesn't seem like her usual happy self.

Throughout the whole class I had in my headphones but I would check up on Y/N every couple minutes to see if anything changed. She still sat in the damn chair staring at that damn computer screen in front of her. When the final bell rang she didn't spare anyone a second glance. She didn't even say goodbye. I waited for everyone to clear out the classroom before I walked up to Y/N's desk.

"What-"

"Holy shit Lauren!" Y/N jumped. "You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry." I blushed. "But I just wanted to see if you were okay."

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks for asking. But why?"

"I just noticed you seemed different today." I commented. Y/N raised an eyebrow.

"I'm just not feeling it today." She shrugged. I could tell that was a lie but it wasn't really my place to further question it or make her tell me what was wrong. Don't want to push her further away.

"Is it still okay if I stay though?" I asked. Maybe this was my chance to get closer to her.

"Oh sure, by all means." Y/N gave me a tight smile with a nod. I smiled back and went to go sit down at the nearest computer next to Y/N's desk.

I placed my SIM card in the reader and pulled up Photoshop. I brought up the picture I took of the barn last night and started working on it. I was hoping Y/N would come over and look at the picture but she was still at her desk. I wanted to ask a question so she would come over too but I didn't know what to ask. Plus when I looked over at her again she had her head on her desk with her eyes closed.

One of my eyebrows rose in confusion. My eyes subconsciously looked around the room somewhat looking for help. I stood up and went over to her desk and lightly tapped on her shoulder.

Y/N jumped up also scaring me in the process. She wiped her mouth but nothing was there and met my eyes. She awkwardly looked back and forth between me and her desk before she spoke up. "Sorry, I'm still not used to this whole teacher thing. You know, waking up super early and all."

I giggled at her cuteness and shrugged. "It's okay. Did you have a rough night or something?"

"Hmm. Something like that." Y/N lifted one end of her mouth in a small smile. "Anyways, sorry about that. Did you need help with something?"

Y/N was already standing up and walking over to the computer where I was working. Her eyes widened and I mentally applauded myself. "You took this?" She questioned. I nodded.

"Last night." I whispered.

"God you never cease to amaze me, Lauren." Y/N breathed out. A triumphant smile spread across my face at her words. "This is mind-blowing!" I giggled as she sat there starstruck. "Have you ever thought of getting an apprenticeship?" She asked.

"I don't know what that is." I shook my head shyly. Y/N smiled at me.

"It's kind of like you're working for a company for very little money but it's more in-depth learning. They teach you hands on and you eventually make your way up until you're a famous photographer or unless you choose to do something else but I think you really got what it takes, Lauren."

A blush rose on my cheeks and I looked down bashfully. And the way my name rolled of her tongue oh my god. Y/N smiled at my state but looked back at the computer screen. "Maybe I'll look into it." I whispered.

"If you need any help finding a company, my best friend owns one about twenty minutes away. I'll put in a good word for you."

"Okay." I smiled thankfully. "I really appreciate all the help you've given me, even though it's only been like three days."

"It's okay, I can tell that this is something you're really interested in. Now I think I've asked you already but how long have you been taking pictures?" Y/N asked.

"Pretty much ever since I could hold a camera." I shrugged.

"Now did you like landscape more, or working with people more?"

"I haven't really worked with other people yet so I don't know. I mean I really enjoyed landscape. It's peaceful and calm." I smiled. Y/N nodded and returned my smile.

"I'll let my friend Ally know and have her give you some hints if you decide to check out being an apprentice."

"Do you work there too?" My voice was quiet and shy. I was really hoping she did because then I could see her even more, and outside of school.

"I stop in sometimes if Ally needs help and when I'm bored but I don't technically work there." Y/N laughed a little bit.

"What's the company called? I think I wanna go check it out after I leave."

"It's called Hernandez Studio Productions but I was planning to head over there anyways so I could just give you a ride if you wanted." Y/N shrugged.

"Oh no it's fine, I can walk." My face was burning by now with the amount of blushing I was doing.

"I insist." I looked into her Y/E/C eyes to see them laced with hope. How could I ever say no to her?

"Okay." I whispered. Y/N smiled and cheered a little bit eliciting a giggle out of me.

"Oh wait, what about your parents? Aren't they going to be worried?" Y/N stopped.

"Uh, no. I can just text them." I lied. My parents wouldn't even care if I did text them. They'd probably tell me to stop bothering them or just black my number in general.

Y/N nodded. "Did you want to work on this picture anymore? I think Ally would really like to see this one." She pointed to the screen.

"Oh no I think it's good." I shrugged.

The taller girl nodded and clicked a couple of times so the picture was now printing on the printer that was actually made to print high quality photographs. It took a while but once it was done Y/N grabbed it off the printer and let it dry for a couple seconds.

While we were waiting Y/N grabbed her stuff and put it into her bag. She slung the bag over her shoulder and motioned for me to do the same. I grabbed my stuff as Y/N grabbed the picture and we made our way out the door.

Y/N turned off all the lights and locked the door behind us before she led me to her car. She unlocked the car and went to the passenger's side to open the door for me. I blushed and thanked her quietly before sliding in. Y/N slid into the driver's side and started the car before taking off in a certain direction. I tried to lowkey watch the girl drive but I'm pretty sure she knew I was looking at her.

I watched as her jaw clenched at certain times but it wasn't out of anger. This girl has managed to invade my mind in less than three days of knowing her. This year is going to fuck me up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688K 20.8K 61
You have been best friends with Ally since elementary since your parents and her parents were best friends since high school. You started to move in...
331K 9.3K 29
"I just want to fucking know why!? Why would you look me in the eyes, and fake the whole time? I was ready to come out for you! I am in love with you...
846K 27.7K 67
"𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙈𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙊𝙛 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙃𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙤𝙨𝙩, 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙏𝙝𝙖...
1.1M 47.7K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC