Beyond These Walls

By Victoriously321

Life has been difficult for Rebecca and other humans every since the werewolves took over. She has to abide b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 20

70.9K 2.3K 777
By Victoriously321

Uttering those words probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. As soon as the words had left my mouth, the room became quiet.

Xerxes's silver eyes flashed, becoming more feral than they already looked. His growl ripped through out the room and the pack members visibly flinched watching to see what Xerxes would do.

Sissy began scooting away from me when he stood, his height and muscles immediately making me lean backwards into the chair.

It only took him two large steps to reach me and when he did, his hand grabbed unto my shirt and yanked me outside the room.

He released me in the hallway, almost making me trip over. I straightened up on the wall and faced him reluctantly, my eyes burning with anger and slight fear.

"How dare you." Xerxes yelled to me, the magnitude of his voice making my ears ring. "Not only did you disrespect me, but you did so in front of my people!"

I said nothing and continued to watch him, my eyes beginning to twitch. I so desperately wanted to shout back at him, but the look in his eyes was making me hesitate.

"You shall be punished." He continued. "You may be my Luna and mate, but no one, talks to me in that manner. Especially in front of my pack."

I snapped.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I screamed , pushing off the wall and coming closer to him, no longer scared about his furious and dark expression. "I don't give a shit who you are to this pack. I could care less!"

Xerxes hand once again found my shirt and he grabbed the cloth, almost ripping it as he pulled me forward. "You shall learn, Rebecca, that disrespect towards me ends with a bad result. The only reason you are not dead is because you're my mate."

I spat in his face.

Xerxes froze, his eyes widening briefly before the hand which wasn't clutching my shirt lifted. I moved my face away, my head banging against the wood.

Instead of slapping me across my face like I thought he would've done, he wiped my spit away from his cheek with his hand, his silver eyes never leaving mine.

"I won't hit you." He spoke dangerously low, releasing my shirt and stepping away. His eyes moved from my face and before I could fully realize it, Flynn came up to me and grabbed my arms, pulling them tightly behind my back.

"Take her to the cells." Xerxes told Flynn. "Assign a guard to the cell and keep her there until further notice."

Flynn nodded and began pulling me away, obeying his Alpha. I swung my leg and it collided with his shin. Xerxes didn't even wince, instead he barked at Flynn to have a better hold of me.

Just as we began walking down the hallway, the earth shook as feet collided upon the wooden floor. I watched as three guards run past Flynn and I, blood smeared on their clothes.

Flynn paused and watched as the came to halt in front of Xerxes.

"The sheriff from LakeView Town has brought some men here to try and destroy the pack." A man blurted, trying to wipe his bloody hands unto his shirt. "We killed some of them, but they are persistent. They've set part of the house on fire and it's spreading."

Xerxes locked eyes with mine, fury blazing in his. "Kill the humans. I'll deal with the sheriff personally."

Flynn released my arm and Xerxes immediately took my hand. The strong smell of fire arose and I coughed, my eyes watering.

I watched as Xerxes sucked in a deep breath at the sight of fire coming from the end of the hallway. His grip on my hand tightened considerably, almost crushing the bones in them. People were pushing past us and rushing outside, nudging me roughly away in panic. My hand slipped from Xerxes and I was pushed forward, towards the flames.

I gasped at the searing heat and jumped away. My eyes scanned the floor. It was quickly catching fire, the flames eating away at the wood. Immediately my thoughts went to George, Alyssa and my mother.

I turned on my heels and tried my best to run through the crowd, avoiding elbows. I reached the top of the stairs and coughed through smoke. My eyes stung as I ran to where I knew my mom and my brother and sister would be.

"What's going on?" My mom demanded when I arrived. I licked my dry lips, my eyes going to the window.

"The house is on fire." I blurted, jogging over to the window and sliding it open. I shuddered at the sight below. If we were to jump we wouldn't survive. My gaze went to the people below and I watched as the men in uniform, the humans, attack the werewolves. It was raining outside, but the storm wasn't at it's full strength as yet.

"Alyssa!" George yelled. I whipped around to watch as my sister open the door. My eyes widened at the sight of the flames just outside the doorframe. My mother was now getting out of bed and she gathered Alyssa and George in her arms, pulling them away from the door.

The creaking noise of wood breaking made us all go silent and we watched as the door slammed down, fire blazing on it.

The smoke was filling the room, making it difficult to breathe. I urged my mother and the kids to the window so they could have some fresh air whilst I looked around the room for something to help us climb out the room with.

I searched through drawers, looked under the bed, looked in the closet and even the adjoining bathroom. There was nothing.

The flames were now much closer and my heart trembled at the sounds of my family crying and coughing. My hands shook as I kicked a table in frustration and began running my hand through my messy hair, trying to come up with some other way to get out of the room.

A whirring noise erupted my thoughts and I froze. It couldn't be....could it?

I moved to a window and watched as a helicopter move down, close to our window. I immediately spotted the sheriff's face, Harold, and I exhaled in relief.

The gust of wind from the helicopter rotor blades were strong and Alyssa stumbled backwards to me. It's large figure startled George, who seemed shell shocked to see the black helicopter before him. The curtains hanging above the window whipped around from the wind, narrowly missing my eyes.

"Send the children first!" The sheriff yelled to us, leaning his hands out the side of the helicopter. Lifting Alyssa, I moved to the window and handed her to him, watching as she shivered from the rain. George was next and then I helped my mother out the window and into the helicopter.

The flames were licking my feet now and I scowled, jumping up on the window sill and launching myself out the window. The sheriff caught me easily and wrapped a blanket around me, asking if I was okay. I nodded and felt the helicopter move away from the house and towards where the fight was taking place. My eyes looked down at the people who were still fighting and I flinched at the sight of a large black werewolf mauling a man's head off, blood spurting from where his head would have been.

The wolf drew back his lips in a snarl, it's dark fur rising with fury as he looked amongst the people. His height and muscularity stood out from the other wolves around him and I knew without a doubt it had to be Xerxes.

The humans were beginning to evacuate, the werewolves were overpowering them. I watched as Xerxes shifted back to his human form, completely naked. His pack members came to his side and I watched as one tossed him a pair of jeans. He tugged them on, his silver eyes scanning the pack members and then the humans who were retreating, almost desperately.

As if sensing my eyes on him, his head looked upwards and I watched as his frame stiffen. Xerxes's eyes darkened and his hands balled into fists. His fangs were slowly lengthening and his broad shoulders began heaving, his body shuddering as if he was about to shift. His pack members looked up at the helicopter after following their Alpha's gaze. I swallowed hard and turned to the sheriff.

"We need to get out of here." I hissed. The sheriff nodded and went up to the pilot. The helicopter jerked forward and began shooting through the air rapidly, moving away from territory, it's engine becoming louder with the speed.

"Rebecca!" The force of the Alpha's roar sounded over the engine; the trees shook below us and the helicopter jerked as we moved further and further away, until the roar was just a faint echo.

**************

It had been four long hours since we had been in the helicopter. During that time I had attempted to sleep, but failed to. Currently my eyes were trained on the window of the helicopter, watching the heavy rain fall.

Chewing on my lip I turned to the sheriff beside me. "Where are we going?" I asked.

The sheriff glanced from the papers he was holding to me. "We're going to a country that is well hidden. I doubt the werewolves will be able to find it. It's called Kavana." He said, putting down his papers and releasing a yawn. His eyes blinked slowly and he gave me a slow smile.

"I'm gonna get some sleep. You should to; I have some tasks for you to do when we get to the country and it'll require your energy."

I watched as he swung his legs unto the empty seat beside him and use a bag for him to rest his head on. His snores soon began filling up the area.

I looked across the helicopter towards my mother. A medic had checked her out, to ensure she was okay. My mother caught my eyes and smiled at me brightly, her hand stroking Alyssa's head, who was resting on her shoulder. George was up by the pilot, admiring the controls up their.

I looked back outside just as lightning flashed. I winced at the light and rubbed my temples, my head ringing. With a sigh, I curled up on the seat and rested my head on the window, allowing myself to drift off to sleep.

*********

We arrived at our destination an hour later. What caught my attention as soon as I stepped out the helicopter were the amount of people lined up, weapons in their hands. A man in grey seemed to be shouting commands at them, his boots gleaming as he walked back and forth before them. There was atleast over a hundred people listening to what he was saying.

They didn't at all seem affected by the cold rain. Dressed in jeans and a simple white shirt, at first sight they looked to be normal humans, with plain clothes. Further inspections revealed that they were all muscular and their stances showed their discipline and their eyes brimmed with intelligence, completely concentrated on what the man in grey was saying.

"Let's get you inside so you can have something hot to eat and then we have some things to discuss." Harold told me, gently taking my elbow and leading me towards a house.

There were food already prepared when we got inside the house and my family were already eating. I sat down in a chair and looked over my soup, before taking up a spoon and dipping it into the hot liquid.

The soup warmed my body and I licked my lips, savouring the taste of it. Harold slid down in the seat before me, spreading a map on the table.

"I'm sure you've heard about what I'm planning to do." Harold said, smoothing out the corners of the map.

I nodded. "You want to revolt. And guessing by what I've seen so far, the men outside are taking part in this."

Harold's fingers drummed on the table. He glanced at mom who was occupied with trying to clean off soup from George mouth with a napkin before looking back at me. "We want you to help carry out the revolt."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Explain."

"We want you to train for what is to come. I'll train you personally and when we feel like you're good enough, we'll let you practice with some of the men outside." Harold told me.

"Who are we? And why do you want me to participate in this? I'm sure all of those men out there can handle it."

"The we I'm referring to are the leaders who will also be leading this revolt. And I believe that you helping in leading the revolt will give the wake up call The Alpha needs. Perhaps seeing his mate fighting for the rights of us humans will change his mind on how we are treated." Harold was anxious for me to agree, it was written all over his face.

"I don't think I'll change his mind." I muttered, scraping my spoon against the bottom of my bowl.

"He's your mate. It will have an effect on him." Harold pleaded. There was silence for a few minutes, as I tried to gather my thoughts. So much emotions were rushing through me all at once and I was becoming nervous. Leadership qualities was something I was unsure that I even possessed. My mother always thought otherwise. The feeling of doubt was twisting my stomach, but I shoved the feeling away.

I can do this. I will do this.

I leaned forward, eyeing the map before meeting Harold's gaze. "I'm in."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.7K 2.1K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...
1.3M 20.7K 31
Jody Black. The girl who made one mistake that changed her life completely. Her teenage life was focused on celebrity crushes and the worries of scho...
4.1M 125K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...
338K 7.2K 39
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...