Afire Love // Dan Howell

By CastawayFangirl

"It's really nothing" "If it's nothing Dan, why are you trying to hide it from me?" When a major event happen... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 - The End
More...?
Epilogue

Chapter 41

928 65 28
By CastawayFangirl

A/N So I've been listening to "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthurtas I wrote this chapter so I would definately recommned listening to it as you read (linked above) - it's slow, acoustic, emotional and the lyrics go well with how your character is feeling. Enjoy! (It will probs need playing more than once to last the whole chapter idek)

"Home sweet home." Dan smiles, walking into the hallway and looking around.

Phil links his arm with Dan's and guides him up the stairs whilst you slip off your shoes and walk into Dan's bedroom and place his bag down beside the piano. As you spin around to face the hall and exit, you see Dan standing right in front of you. He places his hands on your hips and briefly places his lips against yours.

"Thank you gorgeous." He whispers, his deep, husky voice making your heart skip a beat.

"For what?" You ask, trying so hard not to smile but failing miserably.

"Getting me out of that hell hole." He giggles, placing his lips hastily against yours again.

You feel his large hands gripping onto the backs of your thighs, lifting you up and allowing you to wrap your legs around his torso.

You suddenly pull away from his lips and place your forehead against his.

"Are you sure this is okay?" You question, "I don't want to hurt you."

"Believe me - there's nothing else that can hurt me after what I've gone through." He tells you.

You rub your nose against his and grin. He is such a beautiful person - inside and out.

"What's on your mind Princess?" He questions, pecking your lips.

"You." You respond.

Dan does his smirk that he knows drives you crazy and bites down on his bottom lip.

"Why's that?" He asks, staring straight into your eyes.

"I just can't get over how perfect you are." You admit, looking down from his eyes and going bright red from embarrassment.

Dan places two fingers on your chin and lifts your head up so that you are looking back at him.

"I'm not the perfect one." He says, flirtaciously winking.

"Stop doing this to me!" You groan.

"Doing what?" He grins, knowing full well what he's doing.

"Making me like this!" You say, rolling your eyes.

"Like what?" He chuckles.

"You know exactly what!" You laugh, "Fight me Howell!"

"Alright then!"

Forgetting that you are still wrapped around him, Dan runs furthur into his bedroom and throws you onto the the monochrome sheets of his bed, pinning you down by your wrists, your legs still wrapped around his torso.

"Daniel~" You giggle, trying to fight him off.

Dan begins tickling your sides, making you shriek with laughter and he does that crinkly-eyed smile that makes you weak.

"Stop~"

"You gotta say who the winner is first!" He teases.

"You." You laugh, "You're the winner!"

"Sure am!" He winks, moving furthur down onto you.

He places his warm hands against your stomach and then shakes his head.

"Crazy huh?" He smiles in disbelief, "We are so immature that we still have tickle fights yet you we're going to have a baby soon."

"Yeah." You sigh, looking down at your stomach, "I can't wait to tell them all about their Dad."

Dan's smile slowly drops and he releases his hands from your stomach.

"You are going to be fantasic Mum. I know it's all happened so quick and it was probably a shock to you but trust me, you won't need me here." He says softly, "Just remind them that I love them regardless of what sex they are, what gender they decide to identify as, who they love and what they do in life. They will always be our child and that in itself makes them perfect already."

You feel yourself welling up and you put your arms around Dan's neck.

"I really do love you Daniel James Howell." You say, "Always have, always will."

Dan doesn't even need to respond, you know he feels the same way as he has proved that multiple times.

"Same here." He grins, pressing his lips against yours.

He then pulls off ever so slightly so that your lips are just centimetres apart.

"We better go into the living room with Phil." He suggests, "We can finish this later."

"Definately." You smile.

Dan clambers off of your body and holds his hand out, pulling you up and leading you out of the bedroom, through the hall and into the living room.

~ Time Skip ~

"What a day!" Phil says mid-yawn, "I'm gonna head to bed if you guys don't mind."

"Not at all!" Dan says, grinning down at you as you sit on his on his lap.

"Night Philip!" You call out.

"Night!"

Phil switches the main light off, leaving you and Dan in a darkened room, with nothing but a range of candles planted around the room to give you light.

You wrap you arms around Dan's neck and lay your head on on his shoulder, letting out a small yawn.

"Are you tired?" He whispers, "We can go to bed if you want?"

"No." You quickly respond, "I want to stay up with you for a bit longer."

"Fine by me." Dan mutters, resting his head against yours.

You spend a few moments in silence, just enjoying his company and then you feel your eyelids begin to flutter shut.

"(Y/n)." Dan whispers.

You jump out of your skin and place your hand on your chest.

"Sorry!" You say.

"Don't be." Dan smiles, "If you're tired, just fall asleep on me. I'll carry you to bed."

You shake your head at how lucky you are and push your lips against his again, unable to contain it anymore. Taking him by surprise, he kisses back, his lips fitting on yours like a glove fits a hand and you place your hands either side of his face. You lock lips for what seems like ages until you finally pull away and hold onto Dan's hands, pulling them closely to your stomach. He just smiles and shakes his head like before.

"Absoloutely crazy." He grins.

You snuggle down against his chest and clasp onto the material of his black jacket, pulling it closely to you as you shut your eyes.

"Goodnight baby girl." He says softly.

You take one final glance up at him and finally close your eyes with a smile on your face and his warmth radiating off of his body, onto yours. Honestly, you never want this to end. Sadly, you know it will a lot quicker than you want it to.

A/N Okay so after all the emotion, I thought I'd write a little fluffy chapter for you to recover with so I hope you enjoyed it! So Dan's home now and you've spent today, kissing, cuddling, talking about your baby and overall, enjoying each other's company. Everything seems to be going just fine but will this change? Will Dan's health take another turn for the worst and make things difficult! He hasn't got much longer left... if you enjoyed this chapter then don't forgot to vote and comment! Tysm!

~ Katie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4.4K 20
Young Dan Howell, who lives with his alcoholic father, lost his mother to cancer less than a year ago, and is killing himself. Phil Lester, a boy pic...
88K 4.1K 22
~ SEQUEL TO 'If We Just Lay Here' ~ It's time for a brand new start at life but when you find that you're working alongside the person who you swore...
16.4K 447 30
When a tragedy forced Mara Smith across the atlantic ocean to London, the only person she knew was her childhood friend, Phil lester. Two years later...
3.7M 163K 76
Phil doesn't talks. Well, not anymore. The last time he said something, was when he didn't hate himself. And that was a long time ago. But now, every...