Draeyer Academy (First Ver.)

Por ShanaZeren

(FIRST DRAFT) (53 Chapters + Bonus Materials) The Draes are wild, dangerous, magnificent and powerful creatur... Mais

Notice of the Rewrite
Draeyer's Song
Maps/Extras
Chapter 1-The Theft
Chapter 2-The Hunter and The Drae
Chapter 3-Encounter
Chapter 4-Old Men and their Olden Days
Chapter 5-Saying Goodbye
Chapter 6-Under the Moons
Chapter 7-Welcome to Draeyer Academy
Chapter 8-The Little Draeling
Chapter 9-The Headmaster
Chapter 10-Early Morning
Chapter 11-A Day of Firsts
Chapter 12-During Draeology Class
Chapter 13-Incubation Chamber
Chapter 14-Library Time
Chapter 15-The Twins
Chapter 16- Professors
Chapter 17-Attacked
Chapter 18-Sentiral Stone
Chapter 19-Areisha's Guardian
Chapter 20-Scars
Chapter 21-New Day, New Class
Chapter 22-Eggs
Chapter 23-Two is Company, Three is a Crowd
Chapter 24-Cold Fire
Chapter 25-At The Lounge
Chapter 26-Gael
Chapter 27-It's Girl Time (Part 1)
Chapter 28-It's Girl Time (Part 2)
Chapter 29-Gue
Chapter 30-Lowering Walls
Chapter 32-Damned Old Men
Chapter 33-Sweet Peace Offering
Chapter 34-Darkness
Chapter 35-Council of Heavens
Chapter 36-Happier
Chapter 37-Saved
Chapter 38-His Thoughts
Chapter 39-Speculations
Chapter 40-Flames
Chapter 41-Hospitalized
Chapter 42-Surprise
Chapter 43-Tied
Chapter 44- Cooking and Talking
Chapter 45-Admix
Chapter 46-Books
Chapter 47-Star Dorm (Part 1)
Chapter 48-Star Dorm (Part 2)
Chapter 49-Beuen
Chapter 50-Story
Chapter 51-Father and Daughter
Chapter 52-Friends
Chapter 53-The Thief
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Shcielle (Draeyer Academy 2)
MY LAUGHABLE EFFORTS ON ART (Bonus)
WHEN I GET BORED (FACTS)
Character Profile: ALEC ARDEN
BONUS CHAPTER: Brothers

Chapter 31-Visitations

9.6K 751 63
Por ShanaZeren

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

"Alec!"

His eyes flew open at the sound of Solana's shrill voice. Instead of waking, he brought his pillow over his head and ignored his bedroom door bursting open. He even paid no heed to the two sets of footsteps which followed after.

He sat up at once when he felt the left side of his bed sink from someone's weight. The moment he did, small hands grasped his shoulders and shook him like a leaf amidst a powerful storm.

His tiredness from the previous night of late studying, mixed with the sudden movements, gave him the urge to vomit whatever what's left in his stomach. He brought his arms up and held Solana in place by her shoulders. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Quit it Solana!" he said. "I'm going to hurl!"

The blonde broke out of his hold and fell back on his bed. Her laughter soon filled the room and bounced off the walls. Snapping his head to the door, he found Knox joining his sister in her laughing fit.

"What do you guys want so early in the morning?" he said. He threw his covers off of him and sat on the edge of his bed. As he rubbed his eyes, he felt something land on his lap. He looked down to find Leyan curling into a ball before resuming his sleep. "You woke me and my Draelings."

"Gael is downstairs with our parents," Knox said. They glanced at Solana who was still laughing, although not as loudly as before.

Alec raised a brow at them in question, before his eyes fell on Solana. She wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes, before speaking.

"Father and Mother said they wished to meet you before we leave," she said. "Gael also said that he needed to tell you something."

Alec groaned and his torso fell back on his bed. As he spoke, he ran a hand over Leyan's wings. "Isn't it too early for that? I haven't even bathed yet."

"And what makes you think we have?" Solana said. He sat back up, and scrutinized the twins' appearances. Both of them had disheveled hair, Solana's in particular was messier than a bird's nest. They were both in their white sleeping attires that almost looked identical.

"Fair enough," he grumbled.

"Besides," Knox said, "Gael said he'd drag you out of bed if you don't."

With that, Alec grumbled curses under his breath while he stood. He rounded his bed and placed Leyan back with his siblings. He crouched there staring at his Draelings snoring on their bed, until he yawned.

"I hope what he has to say is important," he said. The twins went ahead and exited his room. He followed not a few moments later. He turned and left a small gap on the door, incase his Draes awoke and come looking for him. He hurried through the halls and reached the stairs while stretching his tense neck and shoulders.

"Morning you sleepyhead!"

He looked over the banister and found Gael grinning up at him. He scoffed at the nickname and took his time threading down the stairs. He turned his attention back to the man, only to find him talking to two unfamiliar people who looked to be in their early 40s. Solana and Knox sat side by side on the blue loveseat he usually sat on.

Once he stood behind one of the single chairs, the woman smiled at him the same way he has seen mothers beaming at their children back in Arktis. Her warm brown eyes held his for a few moments before she spoke.

"Oh Kosmos above!" she said. She stood. Her simple green dress swished along with her raven black hair from each step she took toward him. His eyes widened when she cupped her soft hands over his cheeks. "What a handsome young man!"

Moments after she spoke, Alec felt heat crawl up his cheeks and he darted out of her hold. He looked down at his feet, avoiding eye contact with her for the moment. He heard her chuckle, along with the others present in the lounge. Still, he did not dare to look up.

"And apparently, a shy one too," she said. Solana and Knox laughed, and he couldn't resist sending them both one of his cold glares. They both clamped their mouths shut after a few moments. He looked back to his front when he heard deep laughter come from a man. He found himself staring into his smiling grey eyes as he stood next to the woman.

"Who wouldn't shy away when my beautiful wife compliments them?" he said. He wrapped a hand around her waist, and gave her temple a kiss. A small smile flitted to Alec's lips.

"Oh save your flattering words for people who actually need to hear them, Edrik," the woman said. "I am quite aware of my beauty and how I look a few years younger than my real age. I don't need constant reminder of it."

Laughter erupted from the other three, and Alec suppressed the grin threatening to form on his face. The man named Edrik laughed at his wife's words as well, before he broke away from her. He faced Alec with an outstretched hand.

"Edrik Munstone," he said. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

He took his hand, and they firmly shook it.

"Alec Arden," he said. "The pleasure is all mine, sir."

"This is my wife, Zandria," he said. Alec bowed his head at the woman, and she curtsied back with a laugh. "And I am sure you now know where Solana got her proud attitude from."

Alec chuckled when he saw Solana's mother narrow her almond-shaped eyes at Edrik. He turned to Solana and found her doing the same at her father.

"Whatever did you mean by that, father?" she said.

Knox and Gael broke into a fit of laughter that for sure awoke the very few occupants of the dorm still deep in their slumber.

Alec heard shrill shrieks come from behind him. He turned, only to have his breath knocked out from him. He looked down and caught Entiny before she fell to the floor. The Draeling shook her head from the impact she received, before looking up at him. An amused smile flew to his lips when he saw her trying to glare at him. He chuckled, and brought the Drae's head close to his face.

"What did I do to receive one of your rare glares, Lucky?" he said. Entiny growled at him while wiggling out of his hold. When she broke free, she ran up his arm, and draped herself over his right shoulder. He looked up when he saw his Midnight and Leyan flying to him. He caught them in his arms when they folded their wings.

"What is wrong with you three?" Alec said. "I only left you for a few minutes."

"Draelings tend to stick close to their Draeyers," Zandria said. "Just like a child craving for their parents' attention."

He turned back to the others, and found all of them smiling at him and the other three.

"So it is true," Edrik said. "After 200 years, triplets Draes are born. It's quite exciting to see them up close. May I pet them?"

Alec nodded, and set the unwilling Draelings down on a nearby couch. He gave them the look he used when he wanted them to behave. The Draelings stared up at him almost the same way he had seen whining children do, before shifting their amber eyes to the twins' parents. Edrik and Zandria kneeled on the floor in front of them.

Alec sighed in relief when he was sure the triplets weren't going to do anything. The last time someone tried to pet them, his classmates almost had their fingers bitten off. It would seem that just like when they were still in their egg, they wouldn't just let anyone touch them. He sat next to Gael, still keeping a close eye on the baby Draes.

"They'll stop clinging to you in few months or so," Gael said. "But for now, I guess we're going to have to take them with us." Alec's brows met in the middle and he faced the older man. Gael held up a small piece of paper, before giving it to him. He raised a brow at this, before he saw Gael incline his head towards Solana. He nodded in understanding.

He unfolded the white paper, and silently read the words written in neat cursive.

Hey kid,

I want you here in Cetrulis. We caught a few men that matched your description, and I need you to confirm if one of them is the bastard we're looking for. I know you're not worried about your studies. But you are worried about getting the late-night tutoring punishment Gael promised if your grades are low.

You have four days of free time to be here; two days for the visitations, and the other two for the weekend breaks. So forget about school for the moment, alright? I expect yours and Gael's asses are already on this skyland before dawn breaks tomorrow.

Your ever loving uncle,
Kreis

Alec's eye inevitably twitched in irritation at last bit of the letter. The part where he held the paper crumpled in his tight hold. He narrowed his gaze at Gael when he heard him chuckling.

"He's so...," he trailed off before groaning.

"Forget about that now, Alec," Gael said. "You should go pack clothes for at least a few days. The Float Kreis sent will be arriving before noon."

"Where are you guys going?" Solana asked. They looked to her. She leaned forward with her elbows on her knees and her chin nestled in her hands.

"Cetrulis Skyland," Alec said.

"You don't look excited though," Knox pointed out.

"Do I need to be excited?"

"Of course," Solana said. "Cetrulis is the melting pot of all cultures of the three main skylands. You'll find all sorts of incredible things there. The Festival of the Dead is being held there right now as well! That event is so much fun."

"What's fun about getting surprised by people dressed as monsters, Eimions, and apparitions?" Knox said. He grimaced as he seemed to be recalling a memory. Solana rolled her eyes before jabbing her thumb at him.

"Don't mind him," she said. "When we were younger the Festival of the Dead was held in Saggaran. Knox was scared for the most part, and he wet his pants―"

"Solana!" Knox said. "You said you wouldn't speak of it anymore."

"You didn't make me promise." In the next moment, Alec was smiling down at the two as they wrestled each other on the floor. Solana had the upper hand. Though if it was because of her unusual strength or Knox was letting her win, he couldn't tell.

Alec, Gael, Edrik and Zandria laughed at the sight until they doubled over from the pain in their stomachs. They only stopped when a different voice spoke.

"Everyone seems lively here."

Their attention snapped to the entrance. Alec saw a man with dark blue eyes which seemed to be staring at him, and only him. Along with the eye color and the brown hair, Alec could guess whose parent he was.

He wore a blue tunic, brown pants and boots. Despite the simple attire, Alec could feel the authoritative and regal air coming off of him. He held his chin up as he took purposeful steps toward the lounge. Edrik was the first to break out of their surprise and met the man half-way.

"What a surprise to see the great Sheriun Roselintine, Skylord of Saggaran, out of his office and adorned by lesser garbs compared to his grandeur ones!" he said.

Alec's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when he heard the man's title. He's the ruler of Saggaran? he thought.

"Cut the nonsense Ed," Lord Sheriun said with a smile. "I came here as a parent and not a lord."

"Whatever makes you happy," Edrik said. Both men laughed, before clapping each other's backs.

"Good morning, Dria, Knox, Lana," Sheriun said. His eyes shifted to Alec. His gaze lingered on him for far too long than he was comfortable with. Alec held his gaze, before he looked down. "Good morning to you as well Gael. How's Isha doing?"

"Good morning, milord," his guardian said. "I am happy to tell you that Areisha has been doing well. She has also taken extra classes that she deemed would be useful when her reign comes."

"That's good to hear," Lord Sheriun said. He then let out a sigh and sat on the green single couch. "But I wish she'd rest for now, and spend time with me like back then. And I guess it's my fault why she's even colder to me lately. I even had to go through a lot even to ask one simple favor from her."

Silence fell after that. None of them spoke, even Solana who usually couldn't stop jabbering about anything. Alec felt the Skylord's eyes on him once more, and he resisted the urge to boldly meet his gaze.

"If I may ask, are you Alec Arden?"

Alec looked up from his boots, and their eyes locked again. There was something in the pair's dark blue depths that made Alec feel like the man could see right through him. Like he could see the things he was afraid of anyone knowing. It gave him an unfamiliar feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"Yes, milord," he said. He was surprised of himself when he didn't stammer. Most likely feeling his slight distress, his Draelings ran and perched themselves on him. Like always when they were near, he relaxed and leaned back on his chair.

"So it is true," Lord Sheriun said.

"What's true, milord?"

"A Sentire with the ability to establish Draeyer-like connections with Draes has entered the academy," he said. "I wouldn't doubt the part where you passed the entrance exams with perfect scores. Headmaster Donovan wouldn't have spoken so highly of you otherwise."

Alec still felt his eyes on him even when he looked away. He stroked Midnight as he focused on ignoring the older man's gaze.

"That's sounds like something Father would do," Edrik said. "And I guess nothing can be kept secret from us Saggarians."

They all laughed, with the exception of Alec and the twins. He so badly wanted to leave the sitting room and go pack his things for Cetrulis. He was about to excuse himself when, the Skylord spoke before he could.

"Should we be expecting great things from you, Alec?"

This time, Alec successfully stopped himself from looking at the man. He focused his sight on Entiny and stroked her neck. He sighed.

"You shouldn't, milord. I'm a disappointment to begin with," he said. "One of the things I fear and hate is letting other people down."

"I've heard many humble themselves before, but you're the first to actually take it as far as degrading yourself."

"I'm not humbling myself because it's the truth," Alec said. "If you'll excuse me, I have to prepare for our trip to Cetrulis."

Before any of them could protest, he stood and walked off. His Draelings hopped off of him before following. He dared not look back even when he heard Sheriun speak.

"Did I say something wrong?"

He walked up the stairs, until he reached the second floor. He thought of going to the higher floors. Nobody would think of him being there. For some weird and unknown reason he just wanted to be alone after what happened. But before he could decide, a figure caught his attention. He paused and found Areisha staring at him, wide-eyed. They only had a few good feet before they collided with each other.

He coughed, and was the first to move around her. He stopped in his tracks and spoke.

"Your father is downstairs waiting for you." With that, he resumed walking only to stop for the third time when she spoke.

"Arden." He turned to face her, and saw her looking down at the floor. After almost a minute of standing there, she spoke again.

"My...father...did he talk to you?"

He nodded in response. When he saw her tilt her head to the right, he understood what she was asking.

"He asked if they could expect great things from me," he said. "And he also mentioned about spending time with you."

"Oh." She looked down again before nodding. Alec didn't miss how her voice turned cold and the stone mask which fell over her face.

She turned back to the direction of the stairs, and left him to watch her retreating back. Weird, he thought.

####

Heya guys! Thank you all for reading my story. I can't believe that there are people adding this book to their lists almost everyday. Thank you *bowing like crazy*

Noticed anything different on the Maps chapter? If you have, you're more than welcome to check it out. Let me warn you though that my artist skills needs some work.

Oh, and congratulations to the watty winners! ehehehe...I'll try again next year...wuahhahaha

-Crazy Author Signing Out (Peace)

PS. I tend to be overly hyper when I'm so happy

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

387 13 11
When Amity was forced to cut ties with Willow and was sent away for four years of High School. In the meantime, Luz stumbled into the Demon Realm mak...
13.7K 2.3K 47
"Do you know what you're doing to me?" He leaned his head forward and buried it in her neck, inhaling deeply before peppering kisses along her stern...
144 3 3
"I've completely lost myself to anger and hatred. I thought I could change, start a new life where I wouldn't be traumatized by it, but... I couldn't...
269 22 25
A Wings Of Fire story that takes place in the depths of the Sky'wing Kingdom, following the story of a powerful hybrid dragonet who has to fight in t...