More Than Business

By nicki0rih

Nicki's fashion empire she built with her best friend, Lydia, turns out to be an international success. Balan... More

More Than Business
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 57 (part2)
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159

Chapter 67

291 19 4
By nicki0rih

NICKI POV

We opted not to meet the cast ahead of the interview. Instead the stage crew directed us to a dressing room and asked us a few questions. Then had us give them a few photos and what not that we could find on our phones at the moment. They hooked us up with mics and pointed us to a TV screen where we could watch the show up until our cue to head on stage.

"I'm actually kinda bummed we didn't get to meet our guests before-hand" Paula admitted.

"I'm sure there was probable cause." Sunny replied.

"You're on in 5." A crew member whispered to us.

"That being said, our guests for today are two of the most well-known, anonymous women who've agreed to debut their very first public interview.. here on the View." Raven introduced.

"Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome, Lydia Colvin and Onika Maraj." Whoopi concluded.

I held Lydia's hand as we made our entrance. The live crowd who'd been clapping before, were now in an illuminated uproar as we made our way to the cast. The cast themselves were on the verge of flipping out themselves. I felt my cheeks burning as I greeted each of them ahead of Lydia.

"You two look stunning." Candace complimented.

"Are either of you wearing anything from the line?" Sara asked.

"Yeah, actually." I replied. "My accessories are all from the line, and this little one piece could potentially be added this season."

"My dress and shoes are." Lydia replied.

"Do you guys wear clothing from the line often?" Jedediah inquired.

"Yes. Most definitely, I often design my outfits, wear them, then decide if its worth adding to the line. If I'm uninspired or low on time, my wardrobe is primarily from the line." I explained.

"Which one of you is Lydia and which is Onika?" Whoopi asked.

"I'm Lydia. She's Onika." Lydia put her hand on my shoulder.

"Just call me Nicki." I insisted.

They guided us to sit in the chairs between them.

"We're actually going to try something different, and allow members of the audience to come and direct questions to either of you." Joy explained.

"Okay." Lydia agreed.

Several people stood and formulated a line to ask questions.

"Hi Nicki, Hi Lydia." A woman said into the microphone.

"hi." we waved simultaneously.

"So.. your decision to remain unknown, was there something you were hiding that the public shouldn't have known about?" she asked.

"um.. no." Lydia responded.

"So we can expect a recap on what we've missed..?" Paula intervened.

"What like a full back story? Or just the stuff starting with when we started the line?" I squinted.

"We all love a good celebrity back story every now and then." Sara's fingers intertwined in inquisition.

"My back story is kinda basic. But I personally found Nic's to be really inspiring for myself and I'm sure other people would feel the same way." Lydia put me on the spot.

"Well then I want to hear it." Jedediah perked up.

"I think we all do." Raven added.

All eyes were on me, I took a deep breath before speaking.

"When I was very little, I had your average family... mom, dad, and I had 3 siblings. By the time I was 8 we were orphans." I took a break to figure out how to sum the events up, "My eldest brother was murdered, my other brother passed away shortly after and my sister committed suicide that year. Since then I had drifted in and out of every living family member in my family tree. Each person, someway or another managed to die within a year."

"So you have no living family members?" Whoopi clarified.

I shook my head, "My last aunt sent me to college, where I met Lydia. She died of breast cancer when I graduated with my undergraduates degree. I nearly quit school if it weren't for Lydia and her mom."

"Yeah, we basically adopted her." Lydia aided.

The studio was completely silent from the time I had begun talking, to a few long minutes after we'd finished.

During the commercial break the cast began asking additional questions.

"What got you into fashion?" The next audience member asked.

"Is that for both of us?" I asked, referring to Lydia and I.

"Yes." the guy clarified.

I motioned for Lydia to speak first.

"Well... I guess I got interested in it just by looking through a bunch of magazines and stuff like that when I was younger. I hadn't considered pursuing it as a career but I minored in Fashion Design in college nonetheless." She summarized.

"I stumbled upon fashion by accident." I crossed my legs in my seat, "I didn't have much money growing up, but one of my neighbors taught me to sew. She was known around the neighborhood for fixing people's clothing.. you know, replacing buttons and resizing. But she said she needed a successor- me." I lectured, "Eventually I taught myself to sew my own clothing using excess fabrics she had given me. People would always stop and ask me where I got my clothes."

The questions continued until finally someone asked: "Who's the lucky guy?"

Raven reached over and took my hand to exploit my engagement ring.

"Oh yeah.. I am recently engaged to Aubrey Graham." I admitted.

There was an unanimous gasp that echoed throughout the studio, I felt my cheeks burn bright red.

"And she's expecting." Lydia added.

"You're pregnant?" Whoopi asked.

I nodded, "triplets."

Another person approached the microphone, "This is.. the best day of my life."

"Yeah? Mine too!" Lydia played off of her emotions.

"I've always dreamt of meeting you.. and now here you are, you're both so beautiful and your stories are amazing." The woman raved. "I always felt like there was something about your line that was personal to you.. is that right or is it just me?"

I repositioned myself in my seat, "Before anything is added to the line, I make hand-make it." I began, "Usually my biggest inspiration is whatever is going through my mind at the time. And I explained earlier, that I've been through quite a bit and I get upset a lot. So I definitely think that my emotions are poured out into the pieces."

"In addition," Lydia jumped in, "I usually dictate the aspects of the photos for magazines and posters and whatnot of the clothing. With Nic and I being so emotionally tied, I definitely can admit that that is a huge factor in how I want the clothing represented."

"I feel like the advances we make in the line are what really tell our stories the most." I resubmitted, "Our transition from college to working, was when we added the business casual aspect to the line."

"So now that you're pregnant, can we expect maternity clothes added to the line?" Joy asked.

Lydia looked to me before responding, "We've definitely discussed it."

"We did, the first time around.." I said mainly just to her, "But I think I'm considering it a lot more this time."

"You were pregnant before?" Sara pieced together.

As Lydia and I explained us and OJ and Omarion and everything surrounding the matter, I noticed the pictures the crew had asked from us had been displayed for everyone to see.

"Now, we could all sit here and talk to these women all day, but we are out of time." Whoopi began a conclusion.

"But if you would like to keep up with them, you can follow their social media accounts." Raven added.

After the full conclusion we headed off-stage. Outside the dressing rooms the cast approached us, thanking us for letting the View be our debut as far as publicity was concerned. We took a few pictures before we left.

There was a crowd of people outside waiting. After a million pictures, autographs, and bits and pieces of conversations, we made it into the car... on the road headed back to the office.

QOTD: They've officially publicized EVERYTHING.. your thoughts?

AOTD: I feel like adding social media and stuff is really boutta fck up my story :/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323 2 33
How could she turn down her boss when he was also the same man she loved for quite some time. She lived her life being late to work and making deli r...
478 8 32
High School sweethearts to Enemies to Co-Parents to Forever She has been through hell and back He has seen her go through hell and back He is her b...
163K 8.2K 29
Kith never thought that her senior year of high school would be spent in a frat house, especially the frat house of her ex-best friend's, douchey, ir...
112K 3K 16
It's a nicki/cardi/you story Just read the damn story😐