Beyond These Walls

Victoriously321 tarafından

Life has been difficult for Rebecca and other humans every since the werewolves took over. She has to abide b... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 11

85.8K 2.7K 607
Victoriously321 tarafından

The Alpha slammed the packets of files down onto the wooden desk. "More supplies need to be made. There aren't enough materials being produced."

We had been staying in Keith's office for the past hour. Whilst The Alpha and him would talk, I would munch on the granola bar. It was dry and hard to chew, but I forced it down.

Keith tapped his pen on the table. "We will have to get more humans to work here then. " He looked at me, knowing his statement would make me angry.

"Do what you must. I will be passing back in this shop in two weeks. If I see no increase in production I will have someone replace your job and you will have to look elsewhere for an occupation." The Alpha stood up, not waiting for Keith's response. With a tilt of his head Malcolm and I followed him until we reached outside.

The other shop which The Alpha had to go to was within walking distance. I was about to step outside the carpenter shop when a hand grabbed me, yanking me backwards.

Whirling around to snap at The Alpha, I paused briefly when I saw him looking down the road, snarling. I followed his gaze and was surprised to see that a werewolf holding a camera in his hands, trying to hide behind a garbage can. A light flashed in our direction and I jolted backwards.

"Shit." The Alpha cursed under his breath. Placing a heavy hand on my shoulder he turned me around quickly. "Don't face the road." He told me.

The Alpha and Malcolm stared at each silently their eyes glazed over. My guess was that they were mind liking each other, an ability I knew the werewolves had. Malcolm finally gave a stiff nod and walked outside to the man still trying to hide behind the can.

Hands flew as they began to quarrel.
The werewolf man took a few steps back, still clutching his precious camera. Malcolm blocked him from trying to go in our direction, but the man still tried to.

The Alpha finally made a noise of annoyance from the back of his throat and went outside. As soon as his foot touched the road, Malcolm and the werewolf stopped talking.

"You have three seconds to leave before I rip you apart." The Alpha told the werewolf. The werewolf didn't hesitate. He took off running down the road. The Alpha watched him until he turned a corner and disappeared.

I walked outside when Malcolm walked over to The Alpha, a grim expression on his face.

"He works with New Age Magazine. He was trying to get pictures of you and Rebecca." Malcolm explained to him. The Alpha ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"He only got one picture of us. Hopefully it will be blurry because of how many times he tried ducking to hide." The Alpha sighed, shaking his head. "Pests." He rumbled.

Without another word he turned and headed to the car. I took my time and walked behind him my stomach grumbling. That granola bar didn't help soothe my hunger at all.

A sudden feeling came over me and I whirled around. My jaw dropped open as I saw that the man had returned...with more photographers.

"Get inside the car!" The Alpha roared at me. I did as he said and got in quickly, locking the door. The Alpha went upfront with Malcolm, who attempted to drive but couldn't because the paparazzi had surrounded the car, snapping photos. The bright lights hurt my eyes and I turned my body the other direction, only to see more bright flashes.

The Alpha took off his jacket and threw it at me. "Cover your head with it." He demanded. I did as told and dropped it over my head, hiding my face from them.

People began tapping on the windows harshly. I was scared that the glasses were going to break.

"Run them over if you have to." The Alpha told Malcolm. The car jerked forward and I heard people screaming. A shudder of fear went through me and I pressed my hands over my ears until I felt the jacket being pulled off my head.

I turned around in my seat and I caught sight of a werewolf trying to get to his feet. I gagged at the sight of a leg twisted awkwardly and unnaturally on one of the people who were taking pictures. He was howling in pain.

Malcolm squeezed the steering wheel, pressing down on the gas hard.

The Alpha took out his phone. "Cancel my appointments." He told the person on the other line. His silver eyes rose to the rear view mirror, steadily meeting my eyes. "I have to return home."

***************

The loud whirring noise of the gate being opened sounded. Lights that were on the walls began flashing green and yellow, signaling that someone was leaving. The guards stepped away from the walls, taking off their hats and bowing.

The Alpha allowed Malcolm to play some music on the radio, but it was kept on a low volume.

"Why are we going to your home?" I finally blurted out. The Alpha turned in his seat slowly, thick, dark eyebrows raised.

His hand moved and he brushed off some dust from his jacket and cleared his throat. "Those pests whom had ambushed us work with many magazines and news outlets. More than likely, my mother will catch word of what happened and she will want an explanation to who you are and why I was with you. She won't be pleased." His last words were spoken quietly, as if he didn't quite want me to hear him.

I honestly could care less if she didn't like me, or what she thought of me. We probably have the same thoughts about each other, even though mine would probably be slightly more explicit.

The car shook as it drove off the smooth road and unto a rocky trail. Behind us the gate had closed and the lights had stopped flashing. The car drove through some rough patches on the road, making me jolt in my seat.

I slipped on my seatbelt and sag back in the car, feeling sick from all the rocking of the car. I closed my eyes, deciding I would sleep for the rest of the journey.

************

The noise of glass being broken woke me out my slumber. I felt my body being shifted slightly, my head coming to rest on a chest.

"Xerxes!" A woman screeched. "What are you doing with that...human?" Her voice trembled with shock and disgust. Gasps echoed in my ears and I peeled my eyes open.

Werewolves were surrounding us, their eyes darting to whoever was holding me. I looked up and immediately I fought out of his grip.

"I can stand." I told him. With a grunt he released me and I landed hard unto the grass.

As I stood, wincing at the pain on my rear, my eyes landed upon a woman. She was dressed in a white silk dress, her thick hair pulled backwards. She straightened her shoulders as she watched me, her silver eyes narrowed. Glancing down at her bare feet, pieces of broken glass laid beside her. She was The Alpha's mother, I had no doubt about it. Her eyes were silver like his and her curly hair was like his as well.

"How dare you bring home...that!" She waved a thin hand at me. She looked livid, her face red as she sneered down at me. A growl rumbled in The Alpha's chest.

"I won't have you talk to me this way. I have my reasons for my actions and I don't want you to question them." The Alpha pressed a hand to the middle of my back, shoving me forward as he spoke. "In due time I shall tell you all why she is here. As for now..." He paused, his eyes scanning the mass of werewolves. "Get the fuck out of my way."

I flinched at his cold tone, even though it wasn't directed towards me. Slowly the werewolves parted, allowing us to walk through.

The Alpha's fingers skimmed down my back, making a reluctant ripple surge through me as we walked. I looked back at him questionably but he was looking at his mother in defiance. His mother's eyes followed his movements. Her nostrils flared as her eyes widened. Her slim fingers balled into fists. Her lips began to tremble. Disbelief crossed her features and she shook her head.

"No!" Her voice was strained and soft, but I could hear it clearly. "This wasn't supposed to happen."

There was no response from the werewolf. I felt him release a breath from behind me, his anger seeping out with it. It practically scorched my back and I shifted away from him.

We continued walking until a large cabin house appeared. The wood was beautifully carved and designed. It seemed to glisten brightly in the sun. A garden was in the front of the house and two jeeps were parked on the side of the house.

My sneakers squeaked noisily against the wood on the stairs that led to the entrance to the house, much to the annoyance of The Alpha. I could tell he was relieved when we finally reached the inside of the home and demanded I take off my shoes. I kicked them off, purposely aiming them in his direction and stepped further into the room.

My socks slid against the smooth wood as I walked inside. A lady sweeping up a pile of dust and she glanced up at me, her eyebrows furrowed. A second later she shook her head and continued sweeping.

"Have a seat, Rebecca." He pointed a finger at a chair near a fireplace. "I need to ensure that the room you will be staying in is available."

The chair creaked as I sat down and I watched the lady sweep the floor, humming a song that I have never heard before. A bird flew into the house, landing upon a table near the woman. It began pecking at some crumbs that were on the table, paying no attention to the woman behind it. The woman's humming stopped abruptly. Muttering under her breath she grabbed it and squeezed it's small little body in her hand.

Her eyes met mine and to my horror, she raised the bird to her mouth and dug her fangs into the head, easily snapping it off.

******************

Some of y'all after seeing the name Xerxes 🤣🤣:

By the way, it's pronounced Zurk-seez. (:

Please Vote And Comment!! (:

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

162K 4.2K 17
"...𝚜𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔, 𝙸 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗�...
174K 7.8K 38
There was a she-wolf who had these amazing and frustrating dreams. There was an Alpha who shared these dreams, but could never discover the name of h...
83.2K 2K 38
"Alpha, where are you?" I ask. And suddenly he looks down at me. His eyes normal once again. I saw a flash of anger in the blue depths, along with d...
547K 18.4K 72
At 17, She rescued herself from a disastrous relationship, her neglectful mother and poverty. She built a new life for herself and her sibling. Estr...