The Angel's Ambivalence [Naru...

By dawnsnotebook

~Sequel to: "I Got Caught In A Storm... And Now I'm Stuck In Naruto!?"~ It's been two and a half years since... More

The Angel's Ambivalence
A Single Rose
Homecoming
The Reunion
Intruder
Mission: Rescue The Kazekage!
The Sand Village
Crushes, Encounters, and Games
Jinchuriki
Battling Emotions
The Kazekage's Resurrection
Keys, Missions, and Kisses
Awkward Situations and Rescues
Nightmares Come To Life
My Doppelganger
Dangerous Accusations
The Deal
The Plan
Mission: Kill Scarlett: Failed
The New Teammate
It's Official... We Hate You!
Tenchi Bridge
Sai's Real Mission
Team 7: Reunited
Dangerous Curiosity
Unwelcomed
Split Personalities
My Charm Bracelet
Luna's Vision
Scarlett's Philosophy
Meeting Jugo
Truth or Dare?
Just Tonight
Ryuu vs. Sasuke
Dates, Kisses, and A Final Goodbye
Mission Preparations
Itachi's Death
Aftershock
Always & Forever
The Truth
Forgiveness
The Secret Message
The Hidden Dragon Village
Minxie's Training
The Creator
Dragon Warriors, Fatal Fears, and the Ultimate Confession
Minxie & Naruto vs. Pain
Faith, Reconstruction, and a Disastrous Revelation
The Group's Fatal Decision
The Gokage Summit
Done
The New Minxie
Bringing Her Back
Not So Sweet 17
TAA Special: Road to Ninja
The Jinchuriki Island
The Prophecy Child and the Savior
Important Announcement
The Fourth Great Shinobi War
Akira, Hashirama, and Madara
A Caged Bird's Song
The Takeda Twins
No Return
Kaguya Ohtsutsuki
Naruto vs. Sasuke: The Final Battle
When You're Gone
TAA Special: Gotta See, Gotta Know! Kakashi-sensei's True Face!

The New Deal

19.3K 453 400
By dawnsnotebook

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Scarlett's POV

"It's going... It's going... And... And... I failed!" I exclaimed, sighing deeply. My training still wasn't going too well. I could create a Rasengan, sure, but getting it to discharge like the Chidori was way too complicated.

I had succeeded in getting it to discharge a bit, but that was all I could get to. I couldn't imagine trying to add all of the chakra natures to that, too.

The Rasengan and Chidori weren't exactly simple jutsus. Although Minxie knew them, and because I was using her chakra, I did too, things still weren't easy. Creating both jutsus at the same time and adding chakra natures to them seemed impossible.

Naruto was getting somewhere, too. Of course, he needed three shadow clones to create his Rasengan and add his wind change in nature to it.

"Come on, Minxie," Yamato urged. "We both know you can do better than this."

"I'm trying, okay? There are some things in life that're just impossible," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"C'mon, Minx! That's not like you!" Naruto called from his position a few feet away from me.

"Yeah, yeah..." I muttered, rolling my eyes. "Look, I just don't work well under pressure."

"Really? Because when I taunted you a bit, you ended up learning how to float," Kakashi said.

"That was before!" I exclaimed, although I had NO idea what he was talking about. Minxie could float? Great. She's more jacked up than I thought.

"Hey, Minx!" Naruto called, and I looked up, walking over to him.

"Yeah, Naruto?" I said, smiling at him.

"Um... Well, I, err... I was thinking that... You know, after we finished training and whatever... That, um... We'd goonadate!" He said.

"Err... What?" I asked, suppressing an eye-twitch.

He let out a deep breath. "Well, when we were on our mission to Tenchi Bridge... You said we'd... You know, go on a date once we got back. I know we haven't really had the time, 'cuz of our training and all, but maybe tonight or something, if you want," He said, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Really?" I said, my eyes widening a fraction. I thought Minxie had Gaara? "I said that?"

"Yeah," He said. "Don't you remember?"

"Oh, yeah..." I muttered, although I had no idea what he was talking about. "Actually, Naruto, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. After seeing Sasuke again and getting kidnapped by Orochimaru... I really don't feel like going on a date right now. I'm not ready for a relationship. Plus, you're just my best friend. Okay?"

Now, I've broken a lot of hearts before. But Naruto's expression was just unsettling. It actually made me feel bad, and I didn't even have emotions.

"Anyway, I'd better get back to training..." I muttered. "We're cool, right?"

"Um... Yeah," He said, grinning fakely at me. "Totally. I'll, um... Just get back to training. Sorry I mentioned it." And with that, he turned around and made more shadow clones.

I stared at his back, shaking my head.

Oh, Minxie... I thought. When will you realize how in love this guy is with you?

I shook my head again, turning around to go back to my own training. I was making hand signs when suddenly, Yamato appeared in front of me.

"Kakashi! We need to call off training and get back to the village!" He exclaimed.

"What happened, Yamato?" Kakashi inquired.

"Asuma Sarutobi... Has been killed. We need to get back to the village for the funeral."

Minxie's POV

"Bob the builder! Can we fix it!? Bob the builder, yes, we ca-"

"NO! No, you can't, okay!? Bob the builder is pointless, he can't fix ANYTHING, and his whole song is stupid! So just stop singing already, damnit!" Kabuto shouted, his eye twitching rapidly.

Okay, so maybe I have been annoying him a bit. Hey, they kidnapped me. I had nothing else to do! Singing songs was the best past time; plus, it got Kabuto pissed off. And annoying evil people is just too funny.

I gasped. "KABUTO! How dare you speak such blasphemy!? Bob the builder is awesome! He has a yellow hat!" I exclaimed.

"So what!?" Kabuto shouted, glaring at me. He turned to Orochimaru. "Lord Orochimaru, if I may... Don't you think it's time to take up Minxie on her request to go outside? She can't do much without her chakra... And we could send Sasuke with her. Just please, PLEASE, get her away from me."

"But... But Bob the builder hasn't fixed anything yet!" I exclaimed, pouting.

That time, both Kabuto and Orochimaru had eye-twitches.

"You know what? Yes, Kabuto, you're right," Orochimaru said. "Summon Sasuke. He'll take care of her for the rest of the day."

"I take it you don't like Bob either, huh?" I inquired.

"Not especially," He hissed, and I hid my laugh. Oh, annoying them is too much fun.

Yes, while I was in Orochimaru's hideout, I succeeded in making both him and Kabuto want to shoot themselves. When I get bored, I'm the most annoying person in the world.

"So I can leave now?" I asked, trying to hide my excitement.

"Yes," Kabuto said, standing up. "Wait here. Sasuke will accompany you... He's the only one who can stand being around you for more time than necessary."

"Are you insinuating that I'm difficult?" I inquired.

"I was going for annoying, but whatever makes you feel comfortable," He said, smirking at me.

I sweatdropped, but I nodded. "Fine. Go get Duck-Butt."

~*~

To say that Sasuke was unhappy with escorting me outside was an understatement. He tried to get out of it multiple times, but since Orochimaru and Kabuto were so intent on getting me out of the hideout, he ultimately failed.

Looks like he was going back to hating me. I swear, that boy has more mood swings than a pregnant woman.

Now, Sasuke and I sat at a small little booth in a restaurant. I know, I know. I was even surprised at the fact that the Sound Village had restaurants.

"So..." I began, trying to make things less awkward. "What are you going to order?"

"Hn," was Sasuke's overused reply. He sat with his eyes closed, his hands placed together in front of his mouth.

I picked up a menu and looked over it mockingly. "Nope. They don't have that here."

Sasuke's onyx eyes opened slowly, fixed in a scowl at me. "I'm not hungry," He said. "Order whatever you want." He closed his eyes again.

"But... You should eat," I said. "For one thing, you do sort of have chicken arms... And I'm going to feel like a total fatass if I order something and you don't. Plus, you watching me eat is kind of creepy."

He sighed, but he didn't open his eyes. "Just order so we can get this over with."

It was my turn to sigh. I quirked an eyebrow in aggravation, but I gave in. Getting Sasuke to agree with me would take forever. He was as stubborn as I was.

I looked around, noticing how there weren't a lot of people in the restaurant. There was a couple near the door, a few loners at the side tables, and a group of guys in the corner. But that was it.

However, there were workers. And, seeing as how most of the worker population was female, they were all staring at my table. I raised an eyebrow, and then I realized that they weren't staring at me, they were staring at Sasuke. The few that were staring at me were shooting me daggers, probably hating me for being with Sasuke.

I scoffed to myself. If only they knew him, or what he did to me.

I tapped my fingers on the side of the table, waiting for one of the girls to come and take my order. A few of them tried to step forward, but they were instantly pulled back by the others. Apparently, they were all arguing over who would wait on Sasuke's table.

My eye twitched, and I sighed, standing up. I was never one for patience, especially not with fan girls.

Sasuke's expression remained indifferent as I stood up, but his eyes did open to watch me walk over to the counter. I ignored the group obsessed waitresses, instead walking over to a guy that was just about to start serving tables.

"Hey," I said, leaning over the counter. "Can I have an order of rice balls?"

The waiter nodded. "Sure. Anything else?"

"Just the water... Oh! And cookies, please." I know. I have a problem.

"Coming right up," He said, turning around to walk back into the kitchen. I smiled at him, taking a seat at one of the stools instead of going back to the table with Sasuke. I really didn't feel like getting glared at by fan girls, and Sasuke was pretty much ignoring my existence, so it wasn't like he'd miss me.

Of course, getting hit on by guys wasn't exactly comforting, either.

"Hey, sweetheart!" A guy's voice called. I didn't think they were talking to me at first. I mean, there was a group of waitresses only a few feet away.

When they continued calling, I looked up. I followed their voices and realized that it was the guys in the corner, and that they were talking to me.

"You're lookin' a little lonely! Why not join us over here?" One of them called, grinning at me. He didn't look to be too old, but I could tell that he wasn't my age, either. He was maybe 21? Still, he was so not my type.

I merely ignored them, rolling my eyes and focusing back on the counter.

"Aw, don't be like that, princess!" One of them said. "We're only trying to be gentlemen!"

"He's right!" Another said. "Why don't you just come along down here? Let us see that pretty face of yours!"

It was then that my food arrived, and I thanked the Lord for that. I thanked the waiter and paid him with the money Sasuke had given me earlier.

I hopped off the stool and was about to head back to the table when I almost bumped into someone's chest.

"You know, darlin'," he said, "It's not polite to ignore people, especially when we're just trying to get to know 'ya."

"Well, stop trying and back off," I snapped, glaring at him. "I didn't come here alone, moron. Leave me alone." And with that, I pushed past him and practically ran back over to the table where Sasuke calmly sat.

I slid into the booth, trying to calm my racing heart. If it weren't for his slight breathing, I'd think Sasuke was dead.

I poked his arm, just to be sure, and when his eyes opened slowly, I knew he was all right. I put a rice ball on a plate and slid it towards him.

He was about to object, but I shook my head, showing that I'd make him eat it, whether or not he'd like it. He sighed, but he let his hands drop, and he began eating the rice ball.

As we ate in silence, the guys in the corner drifted from my mind. They were almost completely forgotten, until I heard a voice say, "Hey, sweetheart."

I looked up, noticing that it was the same guy who I had bumped into earlier. He was joined by a guy that looked younger than him, but they both had the same disgusting smirk on their faces.

By that time, Sasuke had already finished eating. He was seated in the same position as before, his eyes closed calmly. The place could be burning, and he'd still be calm.

"My buddy and I decided to let you ignoring us slide, since you're just so cute," the grimy guy continued. "You should come over to our table."

"I already told you to back off," I said, glaring at him. "I'm not interested."

"Well, I'll make you interested," He said, annoyed at my rejection. "Come on, darlin.' Leave your little boyfriend over here and come spend time with us. Come to our table, and I'll show you what a real man does to show you a good time."

"No!" I shouted, fed up.

He glared at me. "My patience for you is running short, sweetheart," He said, reaching out to grab my arm. "Now, why don't you just-"

But his hand never made contact with my skin. Before he could touch me, Sasuke's hand shot out and grabbed his wrist tightly.

The guy tried to pull Sasuke's hand off of his wrist, but the Uchiha was just too strong.

Sasuke rose up slowly, his grip on the guy's wrist never loosening. I heard a loud snap, signaling that Sasuke had broken the guy's wrist.

The man shouted in pain, and his friend decided to intervene. Of course, that ultimately failed, since when Sasuke opened his eyes, they were blazing red with Sharingan.

In seconds, Sasuke had tossed both guys to the side like nothing. He reached for his katana, ready to finish them both off, but I stood up abruptly.

"Sasuke, no!" I exclaimed, placing my hand over his own. His Sharingan eyes met my own, but I wasn't afraid of them this time.

"Let it go," I pleaded. "They're not worth it. Don't kill them. Just... Just let it go. Please."

After staring at me for a few more moments, Sasuke's hand left his katana's hilt. However, he wasn't finished with the two men yet. He grabbed them both by the throat, slamming them against the wall and lifting them up a little. 

I instantly put my hand on Sasuke's arm, afraid that he was going to kill them. The Uchiha hesitated, but he continued staring at the two men murderously.

"If either of you or any of your friends does so much as to even blink in her direction, I'll ensure that the last thing you see before you die is my katana shoved through your heart," Sasuke hissed at them. "Her mercy saved your pathetic lives... But you know nothing of my mercy, nor how little I possess."

Both men nodded, the fear clear in their eyes. Sasuke released them, and they scrambled off through the door, one of them gripping their wrist because Sasuke had broken it. The rest of the guys followed, scared of Sasuke, obviously.

I finally became aware of the fact that my hand was still on Sasuke's arm since the Uchiha was staring at it, so I let it drop back to my side and rubbed it carefully.

I looked around, wondering how everyone could just watch people fight like that and do nothing about it.

It's the Sound Village, a voice in my head said. Orochimaru's land. No one cares who dies or doesn't, unless it's specifically them. This isn't Konoha.

Sasuke and I both sat down again, but I didn't start eating. I had lost my appetite.

I looked at Sasuke, but his eyes were still closed. Sure, seeing him like that had scared the crap out of me... But he'd done it to protect me. And I just didn't understand why. He was supposed to hate me.

"... That was a little too much, don't you think?" I asked, staring at him.

The Uchiha's eyes snapped open. "You're new here. You have no idea what kind of vulgar things are on the minds of men like that. They see one pretty girl, and they instantly get insane. If I hadn't intervened, you wouldn't be here right now."

"... So..." I tapped my fingers against the table's side. "You think I'm pretty?"

He snorted. "That's hardly the point, idiot."

"So you do think it, then?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow.

The glare he sent me made me shut up. Even then, though, I couldn't help but smile to myself.

"... Thank you," I said quietly, my eyes never leaving my plate. "For... For saving me. You didn't have to do that."

The Uchiha's eyes were closed again when I looked up, but the anger from his face had disappeared. "Hn," He replied simply.

I gained an eye-twitch, but I just shook my head. "Anyway... Serious moment over," I said. "It's time for cookies!" I took out my bag of cookies that I had ordered.

Sasuke opened his eyes, shaking his head as he surveyed my cookies. "You still have an addiction to sweets, huh?"

"I'm not addicted! I can stop whenever I want," I said, taking a bite of one of the cookies. "But... I just never want to stop. Cookies are just too amazing."

"You have a problem," He said simply.

"You just say that 'cause you don't like sweets," I pointed out. "But I got you rice balls, so shh!"

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"That's what I thought, Uchiha."

"Shut it, Takeda."

Ryuu's POV

"You know, Ryuu, when you're following someone, you should at least try to be discreet," Scarlett's bell-chime voice sang. "Otherwise, you just look stupid."

"I wasn't following you," I said, jumping down from the tree I stood on. "I needed to tell you something, but I wasn't sure how to say it."

"So you're finally here to admit your undying love for me?" She asked, smirking. "What took you so long?"

"Don't flatter yourself, Scarlett," I said, smirking back at her. "You stalk me, not the other way around."

She rolled her crimson eyes. "Whatever. What did you want to talk to me about, anyway?"

"I need to find my sister," I said. "She could be in danger."

"She's perfectly fine, Ryuu," She assured.

"And how do you know that?" I inquired.

"Well, for one thing, I'm not on the floor, dying," She said. "Therefore, Minxie is safe."

"That doesn't mean anything," I said. "I'm going to find her and bring her back to Konoha. Of course, there's only one problem. I have no idea where to start."

"And how is that my problem?"

"Because Minxie is your Doppelganger. If anyone hurts her while she's out there, you'll die, too. You care too much about your life to let Minxie die."

She seemed to consider my words. "So what? How does any of this have to do with me?"

"I don't know where to start looking... And neither do you. But you know someone who does."

"Who the hell- Oh. You mean Luna?"

"Exactly. We'll get Luna to search for Minxie using her powers. Then, we'll be able to get her back."

"Okay. Sure. And why do you need me for this? Can't you take Mitchell or Hayato or whatever the hell his real name is?"

"Mitchell's on a mission with Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji. It has something to do with avenging Asuma or something like that... And even if he was here, he wouldn't be able to help. Only you know where Luna is."

"Ah, so you do need my help."

"More or less."

"And it'll be just you and I? No tag-alongs? No Naruto, no Kylie, no anyone... Just us?"

"Just us. I don't want anyone else involved. Wherever Minxie is can't be good. It's best if they stay out of it."

She crossed her arms over her chest. "All right. I'll help you find Luna and get Minxie back... On one condition."

That didn't sound to good. "Fine. Name your condition," I said.

"Admit that you need me," She said, stepping forward. "Say the exact words: 'I need you, Scarlett.' Then I'll help you."

"That's it?" I inquired, a bit surprised.

"Mmhm. I know it'll damage your ego, admitting that you, of all people, needs help, especially from me... I'm already getting a good deal here. I mean, alone with you for days? Sounds good to me."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Whatever. I need you, Scarlett."

"I can't hear you..." She trilled.

I sighed. "I need you, Scarlett."

"Still can't hear you..." She sang.

My eye twitched. "I need you, Scarlett, damnit! Now just help me find my sister!"

She smirked. "Okay. Meet me at the village gates in ten minutes," She said. "I'm looking forward to our time together, Ryuu." And with that, she disappeared.

I sighed deeply, rubbing my temples.

Oh, God... What have I gotten myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 15.4K 28
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
1.2M 25.7K 44
On the night when Itachi Uchiha slaughters his clan, Naruto is beaten and tortured severely by the local villagers of the village. The Third Hokage...
6K 231 24
*Disclaimer: I don't own the cover photo and naruto. All rights to their owners. A devestating war that ended the world leading three survivors to be...
2.4M 72.6K 69
Minxie Patterson lived an average life... Until the day she ended up getting sucked into the Naruto world due to a chaotic storm. Now, as a Leaf shin...