High School DxD: Rise of the...

By WarriorMan199456

AU. Every hero has a beginning. The path of a hero is forever determined by the events he is placed in. In t... More

A Strong Yet Young Presence
Wrathful Transformation!
Issei vs Riser: The Conclusion
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter Part 23
Chapter Part 24
Chapter Part 25
Chapter Part 26
Chapter Part 27
Chapter Part 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 58

2.1K 46 5
By WarriorMan199456

Within the seals of the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi

[Issssssei!]

The Yamata-no-Orochi hissed in sadness at the lack of Issei's presence. She hated being separated from her home; the subconscious of her and Ddraig's host. Neither she nor Ddraig could sense Issei, and that fact alone made it hard for her to suppress her distressed hissing.

Ddraig; while more calm than what the Yamata-no-Orochi was currently displaying, floated in silence. While he too was worried about the whereabouts and well-being of his host, the Welsh Dragon kept his cool.

I think I have an idea.

The Welsh Dragon's emerald eyes narrowed in thought at his host's words.

Just hear me out! Look at the size, Ddraig. It's about the size of Albion's jewel. And it carries Grendel's energy. So if I manifested the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi into its armor form, I can-

Cutting off his train of memory for the moment, Ddraig looked back over to the Yamata-no-Orochi.

{Fusing the power of an Evil Dragon with an Heavenly Dragon.}

His emerald eyes narrowed even further, his thoughts mixed from Issei's idea.

{It worked with the power of the Yamata-no-Orochi. So...could it work with the piece of Grendel's soul? The result makes me doubtful.}

In annoyance, Ddraig sighed again. With Issei gone, there was no point in testing the theory.

At the moment, it was now up to Vali to deal with Amenominakanushi. While he had grown to respect Albion and his host, Ddraig was slightly worried about what could happen.

Amenominakanushi had succeeded in fusing his essence and power with Samael. Ddraig's eyes narrowed at the thought of the Dragon Eater. The decision to transfer the clone of the Vanishing Dragon back to Vali, was conjured up by both Ddraig and the clone.

To Ddraig's surprise, the clone didn't seem too bothered at the idea of his energy being transported to his original incarnation.

{Amenominakanushi's power has exponentially increased from his fusion with Samael, so we had no choice but to give Albion the portion of his soul back to him.}

Ddraig's words caused the Yamata-no-Orochi to stop in her hissing and look over to him. Her golden reptilian eyes narrowed as she glared at him, prompting the Welsh Dragon to send her back a glare.

[Sssssilence, Welsssh Dragon!]

{Calm yourself, Yamata-no-Orochi! Don't think you're the only one who's worried about Issei! There's nothing we can do right now!}

The Orochi maintained her sharp glare at the Welsh Dragon, her golden orbs of sight glinting with anger and worry. Sensing the turmoil of emotions within the Yamata-no-Orochi, Ddraig grunted with a sigh.

{All we can do is wait for him to come back. It's up to Albion and his host until then.}

Maintaining her glare upon the Red Dragon Emperor, the Yamata-no-Orochi scowled and looked away. Gruffly sighing at his only company within the Kusanagi, Ddraig sent his gaze to another section of the sword he was sealed in.

{Hurry back, partner. Wherever you are.}

[Isssssei...]

Arena of the Underworld

Two explosive energies surrounded the ambiance of the Underworld, their vast auras coiling around their owners. The soul of the Vanishing Dragon's clone moved smoothly over to envelop Vali Lucifer, who remained where he was.

'Albion.'

(I know, Vali.)

In response, Vali huffed as he allowed the piece of his Dragon's soul to reunite with its original incarnation. In the back of his mind, Vali wondered how much power he would gain from the unification. Regardless, he had to be cautious for this particular fight.

With Amenominakanushi fused with the likeness of Samael, Vali knew that the Shinto Kami had a slight advantage over him. The host of the Vanishing Dragon also knew that he had to make sure to avoid any portions of Samael's blood that could suddenly leak out.

(Vali. As much as it pains me to say it, it would be wise for you to exclude my power from this fight. You remember what happened when you tried to use my power against Samael's block?)

"Hmph." Vali suppressed a scoff at his Dragon's words.

Of course he remembered. How could he not? Even with Albion reuniting with his soul, Vali couldn't risk the curse poisoning him and the Vanishing Dragon. So, there was only one thing to do.

He would just have to use his body to physically combat Amenominakanushi.

Vali blinked at the thought. It had been a while since he'd fought without the armor of his Sacred Gear. Right now, the Divine Dividing Sacred Gear would only be a detriment to him.

Plus, he had no intention of trying to absorb his opponent's energy. He didn't even want to think about what would happen if he absorbed the power of a Shinto Kami who possessed the curse of Samael.

His blue eyes narrowing, Vali looked up to see Amenominakanushi absorbing Samael's entire being into himself. The Shinto Kami's form began to change into a monstrous image.

Burn this sight into your mind!

Amenominakanushi's voice gained a distorted and ghastly edge to it. His shape contorted into a brutish image, his head slowly changing into a elongated skull. Vali watched in disgust as the Shinto Kami suddenly sprouted dual-horns that were black in color. Two more horns erupted in pairs alongside the length of his head. A pair of Asian Dragon wings jutted out from his back and curved upwards, causing him to stand with a slight hunch.

'...Well, that's one image that's not going to go away for a while.' Vali mentally noted.

You've no idea of the horrors of what you are about to suffer, Vali Lucifer!

Amenominakanushi, now completely fused with the full power of Samael, let out a loud and ominous roar that shook the grounds of the Underworld. Immediately after, the blackish suffocating aura of Samael leaked out from the Shinto Kami.

Grinning widely with crooked teeth, the transformed Amenominakanushi pointed to the host of the Vanishing Dragon.

Let me ask you a question, Vanishing Dragon. What is your reason for fighting?

"What kind of question is that?" Vali replied with a raise of his eyebrow, "I fight because the world I was born in tends to be rather tiresome."

Tiresome? You foolish cross-breed! You're an inhabitant of this world and yet there is so much of the supernatural realm that you are unaware of. So many primordial beings that are far stronger than you could possibly imagine!

"If you're trying to frighten me," Vali started, "You're not exactly succeeding."

What gives you the impression that I am trying to frighten you? You must have thought about it for some time. Your dream. A dream that has no chance of becoming a reality.

Vali raised a cool eyebrow in response. What was the Shinto Kami getting at?

Amenominakanushi maintained his smirk as his elongated skull tilted upwards.

Do you recall telling Issei Hyoudou, that if you were unable to find anyone strong enough to combat you, then you would gladly welcome death?

"What's your point?"

My point is that there are many beings who have power that greatly dwarfs yours.

"I'm aware of that, Shinto Kami." Vali said, his voice laced with annoyance, "What exactly are you trying to say?"

What came before Creation?

The host of the Vanishing Dragon rose another eyebrow. Why was Amenominakanushi asking him so many questions? Was he so confident with his fusion with Samael that he was actually humoring himself by conversing with Vali?

"And yet another stupid question." Vali snarked, "The God from the Bible."

Very perceptive. And who came before God?

This time, Vali's eyes widened a little in surprise. He didn't know the first Kami of Shintoism wielded knowledge regarding the 'Above' Entity.

"The dweller of the Omniverse. The progenitor of Creation itself."

And what came before the Omniversal Entity?

Vali scowled deeply as he resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Ok, what are you getting at, Amenominakanushi?" He asked.

Think, descendant of Lucifer! What came before the creator of the Omniverse? What predated light?

Vali's blue eyes gained a sharp edge to them as he frowned.

(What is this fool spouting out now?)

"Nothing existed before light." Vali responded, "So you're not really making any sense."

Amenominakanushi's smirk dissolved into a scowl as he finally retracted his hand to his side.

Not nothing, half-devil! DARKNESS!

"?!"

(?!)

Not even Vali could prevent the surprise on his face from appearing. His blue eyes then narrowed into slits.

"Ok, I think fusing Samael might have caused you to lose whatever brain cells you possibly had. There's no such thing as 'The Darkness'."

How can you be so sure?

"Because the Omniversal Entity brought the concept of existence. So from that standpoint, nothing could exist before that entity, because in order for it to exist, the entity would've had to have some part in creating it."

...Have you ever heard of the term 'Amortality'?

"Do you mean 'immortality'?" Vali questioned.

No, you fool. Amortality. Despite being a precursor to immortality, Amortality is completely different. It means that something cannot die, because it was never alive to begin with. And yet, one who is amortal is someone that will exist forever.

"So you're saying that this so-called 'Darkness' predates even that of the emergence of the Omniversal Entity?" Vali questioned in doubt, "If that's the case, then why hasn't anyone ever mentioned it? Not even the Omniversal Entity has mentioned it once."

The supernatural world consists of innumerable primordial entities, Vali Lucifer. We primordials manifested into our respective religions so long ago. And we are all aware of each other, as well of the Darkness.

"That still doesn't answer my question, Shinto Kami." Vali muttered, "The Angels, Fallen Angels, and the Devils never mentioned the presence of 'The Darkness'."

Well, what kind of sane person would ever dare converse about the existence of something as ancient as it? To this day, a majority of the Angels or the Devils are unaware of the amortal being.

'...He's lying.' Vali reluctantly deduced, 'He has to be.'

(It's completely unheard of. The Darkness? It sounds like a myth; or the very least a ominous bedtime story for children. Don't believe a word he is saying to you, Vali.)

So you see, half-breed, your journeys of finding the strongest opponent has come to an end. Because if you stand no chance against the True Dragon and Ouroboros Dragon; let alone the Omniversal Entity, then...well then there's really no point in your life, is there?

His blue eyes narrowing, Vali gritted his teeth and flared out the aura of his demonic power. Amenominakanushi closed his mouth in amusement, before he scowled in derision.

Manipulating the power of Samael, the Shinto Kami sped forward and retracted his fist, before moving to push it forward. As he moved his knuckles forward, Amenominakanushi went to attack, only for Vali to suddenly fade away from him.

"Tell me, Shinto Kami." Vali's voice rang out through the Underworld.

The Shinto Kami's eyes widened in shock, before he turned around to see that he was alone.

"Have you ever heard of the one called Rizevim Livan Lucifer?" The voice of the Vanishing Dragon's host spoke again.

N-no, I have not!

"Good." Vali's voice projected through the ambiance of the realm, "Because I expect to hear the same answer from the next person when I ask them about you."

WHA-GAUGHHH!

The Kami of Shintoism let out a guttural cry of pain as he felt a powerful fist embed itself into his stomach. Amenominakanushi coughed out a pool of steaming blood, prompting the owner of the fist to immediately retract his limb. With an anguished grunt, Amenominakanushi collapsed on the ground, trying his damnedest to suppress his pain.

Vali flew back away, successfully avoiding the poisonous blood of Samael's curse. His eyes narrowed as he watched the steaming aura of Samael's blood cool off. Scoffing, the host of the Vanishing Dragon looked up at the shocked Amenominakanushi.

How?! How?!

"That's just the beginning of my comeback, Shinto Kami." Vali coolly threatened.

Y-you wretched swine! You should not be this strong! You are not using the power of the Vanishing Dragon armor! So how is this possible?!

"It should have occurred to you that just because Hyoudou and I have Dragons, it doesn't mean that they're necessarily our main source of vitality. Even without the power of Albion to aid me, that doesn't make me any less stronger."

Amenominakanushi sent Vali a deep-rooted glare filled with hatred to the very brim.

"And you know what?" Vali started with a smirk, "I think it's about time I up the ante in this fight between us."

Up the ante?! What are you talking about?!

"Even though it's unfortunate that I can't use Albion; for the time being anyway, I still have another trick up my sleeve. Now let me ask you another question, Amenominakanushi. Have you heard of the golem known asGogmagog?"

Amenominakanushi's eyes widened in shock and confusion.

Gogmagog?!

The Shinto Kami gritted his teeth and shook a fist at the host of the Vanishing Dragon.

You've had a weapon all this time, and yet you have the audacity to bring it out now?! ALL THIS TIME?! You never made such mention about Gogmagog to Issei Hyoudou!

"And I suppose you expect me to believe that the moment you arrived to antagonize Issei, you immediately planned to use Samael to attack him?" Vali quipped.

Y-YES!

"You're actually going to stand there and lie to me with a straight face? Samael wasn't even on your mind when you came in contact with Hyoudou." The descendant of Lucifer deduced, "Otherwise, we wouldn't be here in this situation now."

That is not the point! You made no such mention of that accursed golem! No mention at all to the son of Amaterasu or anyone else! How can you justify any of this?!

"I-" Vali started, before being interrupted.

Where did you even find Gog-

"Ok, don't interrupt me again, you worthless excuse for a Kami," Vali nonchalantly replied, causing Amenominakanushi to close and open his mouth like a fish, "It turns out a lot can happen in six months. With Great Red and Ophis occupying themselves with Hyoudou, I set out to the Dimensional Gap to find something that could be useful to me."

You mean to tell me you spent six months in the Dimensional Gap trying to find that creature?!

"Didn't take me long to find it," Vali said with a shrug of his shoulders, "The reason I didn't tell anyone else about it was simply because it was none of their business."

T-that's completely ludicrous!

"Really?" Vali rose an eyebrow in disbelief, "This coming from you, Amenominakanushi?"

You...you can't just...that's not fair at all!

"Pot calling the kettle black, don't you think?" Vali shot back.

Why you! I will not stand for this!

"Good thing you're laying down on the ground." Vali sneered, prompting the Shinto Kami to gape at him in nettled vexation.

Insolent brat!

Hiding his smirk, Vali leaned down and placed his left hand on the ground, summoning a burst of silver energy in the form of a magic circle.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Amenominakanushi gasped in shock as he watched a gigantic stream of energy in shape of a statue, spread out from the magic circle. Tearing his eyes away from the bright energy, Vali sent his opponent a smirk.

'This should be enough to stall him.'

His smirk dissolving into a cool frown, Vali clicked his tongue.

'Hurry up, Hyoudou. Wherever you are.'

'Mind' of the Supernatural World

"Little shut-in?" The supernatural world gazed at Issei with a concerned look on her face, wondering what on Earth was going on in the child of Shinto's mind.

Although she anticipated Issei being a bit tense and uncomfortable from her unexpected presence, she didn't expect for him to be this nervous.

The young man didn't even know who he was talking to yet, so there was no reason for him to be so anxious around her.

She had chosen the form of Leiko Hyoudou in order to converse with Issei and make him comfortable. But the attempt didn't seem to be working as much as the supernatural world hoped it would. She still remembered Amenominakanushi's previous use of Leiko Hyoudou's form; so maybe that was why Issei looked so uneasy.

'Perhaps I should not have taken Leiko Hyoudou's form.' She deduced in her consciousness, 'Or at least a form similar to hers.'

The supernatural world didn't mean to make her 'little shut-in' nervous. That was the least of her intentions. Even if she had chosen Leiko Hyoudou's form, the supernatural world greatly desired to converse with the child of Shinto.

She wanted to thank him for separating her 'consciousness' from the mind of Izanami-no-Mikoto. For so long, her power had been manipulated and misused by the Shinto Goddess. For so long, she had 'existed' without possessing a mind or will of her own.

But her dear 'little shut-in' had changed all that. He had freed her from Izanami's control.

He had saved her!

But with Issei in the state he was now, the supernatural world doubted that attempting to express her gratitude for him would ever be a possibility.

In the midst of her thoughts, the supernatural world lifted her eyes to see her 'little shut-in' with his back turned to her. Although she couldn't see it, she could tell the child of Shinto was slowly trying to keep himself under control.

Pursing her lips, the supernatural world opened her mouth to speak gently to the young man, hoping that he would at least respond to her.

"Little shut-in?" She asked quietly.

Issei didn't turn around, not wanting to respond to the shape-shifter using his cousin's form and voice.

Her eyes widening a little at Issei's lack of response, the supernatural world took a step forward and tilted her head. Her eyes then softened as her expression grew warm.

"Do you not like this form?" The supernatural world asked him, "I chose it so I could communicate with you. To make you feel safe."

"..." Issei still didn't respond.

"This form does not comfort you? If so..." The supernatural world tried again, her eyes looking away from Issei, "What form would you prefer?"

She would gladly take whatever shape her 'little shut-in' suggested to her, as long as it made Issei feel comfortable around her presence. She already had the misfortune of knowing that the child of Shinto wanted to stay away from her.

"Someone I've never seen before."

The supernatural world's eyes widened at the sound of Issei's words. His back was still turned to her, but the supernatural world felt a slight uplift of happiness at the son of Amaterasu's response. The happiness soon faded to contemplation as her eyes narrowed.

'Someone who he's never seen before?'

The supernatural world searched and explored through the memories she gathered during her fusion with the mind of Izanami-no-Mikoto. She frowned when she realized that Issei already knew most of the creatures that had dwelled upon her for over millenia.

So the form she chose would have to be something or someone that Issei wouldn't recognize. At the thought, the supernatural world adopted another smile.

Closing her eyes, the supernatural world summoned a milky-white orange aura of energy that spiraled around her. Very slowly, her body began to physically change; her entire being shifting into a brand new incarnation.

As the supernatural world continued to morph into its second form, Issei stood with his back turned. His eyes were closed in deep contemplation as he tried to think of what to do.

He had already given up on trying to figure out who the woman was. As much as it bothered him, he didn't have time to discover the woman's identity.

He had to find some way to get out of the realm the voice had trapped him in. Every second he was trapped, the Earth was growing colder and colder. The Solar deities were growing weaker; the source of their powers nonexistent. Hell, even Vali...

While he had full confidence in his rival's abilities, Issei couldn't help the worry that rang through his mind. With both Samael and Amenominakanushi on the offensive, Issei was unsure if Vali would be able to handle the two of them.

And Ophis...

The image of the Ouroboros Dragon manifested in Issei's mind; her dark-gray eyes gazing at him with an unreadable expression. The son of Amaterasu felt his body tense at the thought of the Infinite Dragon God.

Clenching his fists, Issei inwardly grunted as he focused his mind to the matter at hand.

Neither Ddraig, the Yamata-no-Orochi, nor the clone of Albion were with him. The jewel that had been constructed from the scales of Grendel was still at the arena of the Underworld. He had no weapons; nothing to defend himself with.

Issei remained in his spot as he waited for the bright energy to fade away.

He no longer had the power to summon any black holes anymore either. He still didn't know why that ability of his was suddenly negated to the point that he couldn't even use it. He had the fleeting suspicion that the woman had something do with that.

If that was the case, then the woman really wanted to keep, or rather trap him in this realm. If she had the power to negate whatever ability he had in his disposal, and to prevent him from leaving this realm, then this woman had intentions that were far less innocent that he had imagined.

But regardless, if he didn't have the power to get out of this realm, then he had to somehow convince the woman to let him go. He dreaded how difficult it was going to be. The woman seemed so adamant about keeping him in this realm, but Issei had no intention of staying.

How was he going to convince her?

"Little shut-in."

The sound of a different voice brought Issei out of his thoughts. He relaxed slightly, relieved to know that the voice of his older cousin no longer reached his ears. He hoped that by the time this whole mess was over, he would still have the mindset to be able to interact with Leiko on a normal basis.

Sighing inwardly, Issei turned around, and his eyes widened at the sight in front of him.

The first thing Issei noticed was that the voice had maintained its decision to take upon a feminine form. The shape it took no longer had any physical traces of Leiko Hyoudou, a fact that brought solace to the young man.

The voice had taken the form of a mature fair-skinned woman with pronounced cheek bones and light blue eyes. Her dark-black hair was fashioned in an up-do style with a wide braided knot in the back, and one curl of her hair hanging down on the left side of her face.

She was dressed in a starched collared blouse with a black brooch under her throat. Another sort of her attire was a high waisted ankle-lengthed skirt, and a croak lengthened jacket with puffed shoulders and dark lapels. She also wore black ankle boots with a sharp toe and tapered heels.

Issei's eyes trailed slowly from up to down to the rest of the woman's appearance, noticing the arched eyebrows, and her eyes being emphasized by the icy-blue eye-shadow color on both eyelids. Her lips; which were colored with the shade of blood-crimson red, curved upwards into a smug smile.

In its second female incarnation, the supernatural world shot her astonished 'little shut-in' a wide smile. She was pleased to see that Issei was finally looking at her with an expression that carried no signs of anxiety or nervousness. Although there was still a cautious look on the child of Shinto's face, the supernatural world still kept her smile.

"Does this body bring you at ease, little shu-" The supernatural world began.

"Wait." Issei spoke, prompting the woman to pause in her words.

The woman gave him a questioning yet patient look, her icy blue eyes gazing at him directly. Issei saw that the woman's eyes were looking at him and only him.

Issei went to open his mouth, until he quickly closed it shut. He wasn't really someone who could be called a shut-in anymore; or at least that was how Issei viewed himself now. He voluntarily left his house multiple times, and met new people while occasionally interacting with them.

He had changed.

...Hadn't he?

Brushing off his nervousness from the woman's intense gaze, Issei adopted a light frown.

"Please don't call me that anymore." He said.

The supernatural world adopted an inquisitive look at the Shinto child's request. A sense of curiosity and confusion wavered over her mind as she tilted her head.

"You do not like my pet name for you?" She asked in interest.

Inwardly sighing as he reluctantly chose his words carefully, Issei looked over at the woman; who was still staring at him with her wide icy-blue eyes.

"Being called a shut-in isn't really..." Issei's words trailed off as his frown deepened into a look of suppressed melancholy, "something to be taken positively."

The supernatural world's curious look disappeared as her blue eyes slowly shifted away from their target. Seconds later, her eyes trailed back over to Issei, and she recovered her smile, her lips emphasized from their blood-crimson shade.

"If you like." She replied with a faltering smile, batting her eyelashes at him.

The supernatural world felt a wave of disappointment within her consciousness. Referring to the child of Shinto as her 'little shut-in' was not as original as she had thought.

"Then what shall my name of affection be for you?" She questioned with a mused tone.

"Just 'Issei' is fine." Issei emphasized after shaking his head in response.

He didn't need any more pet names or nicknames at the moment. He'd had enough of those already.

The woman didn't seem to hear his reply as she continued to stare at him. Issei started to get the feeling that the new incarnation of this woman seemed to be far more subdued than how she was before. And yet he still didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

The woman's gaze on him was something that could be only described as predatory. Her aura was vast and overwhelming enough to completely envelop him, almost as though she herself wanted to devour and consume him.

Given that she had forcefully kissed him earlier, the devouring and consuming part might not have been too far off.

The supernatural world gazed at the child of Shinto with a curious expression. If Issei didn't like being referred to as a 'shut-in', then what could she call him? She was aware of the nicknames the other primordial entities had given him, due to being the very embodiment of the innumerable realms of the otherworld.

The supernatural world was a physically colossal and ancient primordial force that had emerged the very moment the Omniversal Entity brought the concept of Creation into fruition. All of the aspects of Heaven and Hell, as well as Purgatory, Death's Domain, and all of the other realms, were part of the supernatural world. The realms drew their stability and ambiance from the supernatural world herself.

Her expression grew calculating as her mind drifted off to another thought. It was true that she was essentially the embodiment of every realm of the otherworld. Which meant that no matter what realm Issei went to; Heaven or Hell or anywhere else, she would still be able to see him.

She would still be able to...

Hold him...

Devour him...

Consume him...

Smother him...

Kiss him...

TRAP him!

Every realm he traveled to, she would always be there! No matter how far away he was; no matter how dormant his energy was, she would still be near him!

Issei Hyoudou.

The child who always travels...but never stays.

The supernatural world's icy-blue eyes widened as her blood-crimson lips opened. The action did not go unnoticed by Issei, who raised an eyebrow in cautiousness and curiosity.

'The child who always travels...' The supernatural world deduced in her consciousness, 'But never stays!'

She couldn't believe that she hadn't thought about that!

Everyone who had ever come in contact with Issei, knew that although he tended to keep to himself and wanted to have a normal life, his power and Shinto heritage prevented that from ever happening. He unintentionally and inevitably drew attention from the supernatural world and its dwellers.

The child of Shinto resided on Earth for almost eighteen years, and yet it wasn't his true home. Also, his origin was tied with the supernatural world; so from that standpoint he belonged to the supernatural world as well.

I'm the Solar God that was born and raised on Earth! But even if that's true, you've always been the home of Shinto heritage. Which also means that you're my home too!

The supernatural world's two hearts beat rapidly against her chest; the memory of Issei's words manifesting in her consciousness. As she placed her hand over her chest; her two hearts vibrating even more quickly, her scarlet-blood lips opened to reveal a wide toothy grin.

'He called me his home!' The supernatural world thought rapturously, 'The Earth and I are his home! But he does not stay on either of us indefinitely. He...'

Her train of thought suddenly stopped as her icy-blue eyes widened. Seconds later, the supernatural world locked her eyes with Issei; who was a bit surprised from the woman's continuing range of expressions.

The supernatural world suddenly moved forward and pressed her body against Issei, causing the Solar God to tense at the unexpected contact. Before Issei could react to even think of what to do, he felt a pair of scorching lips peck themselves on his cheek.

SMOOCH

Issei looked on in surprise as the woman leaned back a little, although she was still close enough to plant another kiss on any part of his face.

SMOOCH

Which she did with gusto!

The supernatural world leaned her face forward and gently pressed her lips to the tip of Issei's nose.

SMOOCH

SMOOCH

SMOOCH

As soon as she removed her lips from Issei's nose, the supernatural world revealed a smug smirk as she moved her lips to the Shinto child's ear, and crooned in a sweet and low whisper.

"Visitor~~"

Issei's mind came back to reality in response to the woman's word. His brown eyes widened in surprise as the woman batted her eyelashes at him.

"Wh..." Issei hesitantly replied, "Why did you..."

He was too surprised to even finish his sentence. His surprise increased even further when the woman lifted her index and middle fingers up to her lips, and spread them across her mouth.

Issei watched as the color of the woman's lips changed to an even more darker shade of blood. She then sucked in her lips and smacked them, allowing Issei to hear a literal 'popping' sound from her mouth.

The supernatural world then looked directly at Issei, and sent him a smile.

"My sweet lovely visitor." The supernatural world purred.

'Visitor?' Issei repeated in his thoughts.

Why did the woman just call him her 'visitor'? He already told her that he'd never once seen or heard of her. He cursed himself for not figuring out who she was yet.

The supernatural world maintained her smile as she continued to gaze affectionately at her adorable visitor.

Yes. Visitor.

It was such a lovely name for the child of Shinto. He never stayed in one single area. He always moved about, whether or not it was out of his own volition.

'He never stays. He only moves.' The supernatural world mentally said to herself.

The supernatural world moved her hand up to touch her lips; savoring the scent and taste of Issei's skin. As she inhaled the scent, her blue eyes widened as she had forgotten something about her visitor.

'His body.' She said worryingly in her consciousness, 'His body is still unstable from the result of melding his soul with the black hole. My visitor. He is in pain.'

I have to defeat this guy! And judging by how many times you've tried to keep me in your clutches, you'd want me to come back to this world, right? Well, I can't do that because this guy's planning to kill me! So I ask only this of you! Please help me! I have to beat him!

The supernatural world held in a longing sigh at the memory of Issei's words. Even though her sweet, sweet visitor was in so much pain, he still showed signs of determination. He didn't care about his own well-being; an observation that only deepened the affection the supernatural world held for her little visitor. However, that trait of Issei confused the manifested world as well. Issei only cared about what happened to the people of Earth and the welfare of the people that were close to him. But rarely was he concerned about himself.

The behavior of Issei Hyoudou was strange, but that was why he was her visitor.

The supernatural world's blue eyes became half-lidded as she gazed at the confused Issei with a calculating stare. Yes, she would help her visitor. But not yet of course. He had to earn her help.

A smile slowly crept from the supernatural world's blood-crimson lips as she walked towards Issei, who remained in his spot. Her smile widened as she walked circles around Issei, gaining a desire to goad and tease her sweet visitor into discovering her identity.

"What's wrong, my dear visitor?" The supernatural world crooned, making sure to emphasize her newly-created nickname for Issei, "Do you still not know who I am?"

Issei never moved an inch and kept his mouth shut; which was something the supernatural world predicted. While she knew her visitor was naive, she also knew that Issei wasn't stupid. She would just have to give him a few hints to who she was.

The supernatural world felt excitement rush through her body; her anticipation of her sweet visitor's reaction clouding her consciousness. She wanted to see the adorably shocked look that would appear on Issei's face if he ever found out.

"Oh, my sweet, sweet visitor." The supernatural world murmured coquettishly, "After all this time, didn't you ever think I'd find my way to you one day? I've waited so long for you to visit me."

The ancient embodiment of the other-world smiled as she watched Issei's change of expression. The supernatural world continued to goad her visitor, her excitement growing to the point of elation. Her scarlet lips opened to reveal a predatory grin, bringing Issei a sudden chill in his spine.

At the look on her visitor's face, the supernatural world's teeth gleamed.

"Are you still pondering?" She questioned, "Oh my dear visitor, you still haven't figured it out yet?"

As she resumed walking in circles around Issei, the supernatural world leaned her body closer to him.

"You'll be surprised~~" Her voice taking on a cooing, singing tone, "I've got a special gift for you if you figure it out."

Issei's eyes widened at the woman's last sentence.

'A gift for me? What kind of gift does she mean?'

Issei racked his brain and tried to decipher what the woman's hints meant.

'Visitor?'

The supernatural world kept her smile and leaned in to plant another kiss on Issei's cheek, causing the Solar God to flinch.

SMOOCH

"?!"

The supernatural world giggled at Issei's reaction, and she kept her pace. She let another giggle escape as she noticed that the lipstick marks on Issei's face retained their vivid color.

"Why do you keep kissing me?" Issei finally responded as he rubbed his cheek, barely erasing the color from the woman's lipstick marks.

The supernatural world revealed a smug smirk and smacked her lips again, making Issei think she was going to try and kiss him again.

"I told you that there was no one in the entire Universe and beyond that loves you more than I do." The supernatural world said, her smile seemingly disappearing into an amused smirk.

"..." Issei didn't know how to respond.

"And besides," The supernatural world airily continued as she stopped in her pace, leaning her face forward to Issei's, "Every time you stepped upon the grounds of the Underworld, or even the grounds of Heaven, I felt such bliss. But whenever you left, it only made me yearn more for you. You always leave, my little visitor. You never stay."

It was at that moment, the child of Shinto began to realize something ominously foreboding. His eyes widened in shock, while his jaw almost dropped.

'Always leaving. Never staying. Visito-'

Issei's train of thought was cut off as his breath hitched in his throat.

'No! No way! It can't be! She's the...'

He had to be hallucinating! Dreaming, or something! It just wasn't possible!

'She's the...' Issei tried to finish what his mind was telling him.

The supernatural world smiled again as she saw the look on Issei's face. Her little visitor really wasn't stupid as most people said he was.

"Do you know who I am, my dear visitor?" The supernatural world inquired, her voice taking on a silky tone.

Issei closed his mouth and swallowed a lump in his throat. He shuddered as icy-blue eyes now stared at him with a calculated yet intense gaze.

"Who am I, Issei?" The woman whispered with passionate anticipation in her words.

"You're..." Issei all but gasped, with a shudder of his voice, "y-you're the...you're the supernatural world!"

The supernatural world immediately let her cool facade burst away, and with a energized rush of pure euphoria, she quickly leaned over to envelop Issei's face with her lips once more. Like last time, Issei felt himself unable to move. The woman's second body seemed to have a stronger hold on him.

When her acts of affection finally ended, the supernatural world released a elated sigh and took a few steps back, gazing lovingly and longingly at Issei, who could only stare back at her with a combination of awe and shock on his face.

Everyone had always said that the supernatural world was obsessed with him, as though the world itself wanted him to stay. Never in his life did he ever think it was true. He didn't want to believe it; lord knows he didn't want to be thinking about it now, but there was literally nothing to contradict his thoughts.

The woman standing right in front of him; the woman who had kissed him; was the female embodiment of theSupernatural World!

Issei literally didn't know how to handle the situation. He had so many questions! First, how was the supernatural; a vast world, standing right in front of him? Second, why was it so obsessed with him? And lastly, why did it take the form of a mature female?!

The supernatural world smiled in utmost glee at the look on her little visitor's face. Her smile widening, she kissed the shell-shocked Issei on the tip of his nose again, bringing him out of his stupor.

"I love it when you use my name." The supernatural world cooed before batting her eyelashes at him, "Please say it again."

"U-um...s-supernatural?" Issei hesitantly replied.

The supernatural world released another smile of satisfaction before puckering out her lips.

Issei immediately covered his face again to avoid any more of the manifested world's kisses. He waited in anticipation for her attack.

"..."

When nothing happened, Issei reluctantly moved his arms from his face just in time to see the supernatural world emit a milky-white rainbow colored stream of energy from out of her lips. With a soft blow of breath, she pushed the flow of energy towards Issei, who moved back as the energy clung onto him.

Sensing and seeing the panic on her little visitor's face, the supernatural world merely smiled and tilted her head.

"I said I had a gift for you, my dear visitor." She cooed sweetly.

"W-what?" Issei cursed himself for hesitating in his words, "What do you mean? Why are you giving me a gift?"

The smile on the supernatural world's face suddenly disappeared, and her icy-blue eyes softened into a warm gaze with clear and ever-increasing affection. She could feel it. Her excessive fondness and love for the Shinto child vastly growing the longer he was in her presence.

"You saved me." The supernatural world stated softly.

'Saved you?' The young man thought in his head.

Issei felt a wave of confusion from the supernatural world's response. He looked down, and his eyes widened. His body was glowing brightly, with his clothes illuminating as well. His eyes widening further, Issei lifted his hands up to see streams of energy radiating off from them. He could feel his entire body heating up, and not in a pleasant way.

The supernatural world was silent as she watched her energy coil around Issei. Her little visitor was kind enough and not afraid to ask her for help, a fact that she admired him for.

'This is my gift to you, my sweet little visitor.' She thought, 'A newly-regenerated purified body.'

At that moment, the intense surge of overwhelming euphoria transcended the supernatural world's thoughts. Deep within her consciousness, the urge to kiss the child of Shinto grew stronger and stronger. More thoughts that consisted of smothering her visitor expanded in her consciousness.

Her eyelids fluttered closed; the blissful thoughts of devouring her little visitor flourishing to a massive degree.

As she continued to watch her energy streams radiate off of Issei's body, the supernatural world's stare became predatory once more, her blue eyes darkening. In the back of her mind, she knew that soon, her visitor was going to be in a overwhelming amount of pain.

She could hear it now. Her sweet, sweet visitor screaming in absolute agony.

The supernatural world shivered in pleasure at the thought. It would be so wonderful. Her visitor would scream and burn and rise from the ashes, stronger than ever before, because Issei was hers.

Issei was her visitor.

The supernatural world's blood-scarlet lips darkened in color as her predatory gaze upon Issei intensified.

Hers and hers alone.

• The Supernatural World's incarnation is visually based on that of Yotsuba Maya from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 90 36
I don't own anything of High School DxD and all right go to the creator. What if Issei had a friend that had a secret of his own. What if they walked...
106K 1.6K 15
High School DxD: Bullet Hell DxD (OP Reimu Trap Reader x Harem) You, the protagonist. After having been killed, you were sent to another world. This...
183 10 1
Summary: Issei is dying from Samael's curse and Ophis decides to give Issei a second chance but it goes wrong and there both sent to a different real...
15.5K 446 5
What does happen, when you are abandoned by your only helping hand? It would break anyone right. It does, for an unfortunate individual. That went b...