Unforgettable Promise {comple...

By CeruleanBlues

...."I’ll come back for you, after all, no matter how many years we are separated from each other, I’ll alway... More

Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter eight: other scene
Author's Note: clarifications and further notices
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve: other scene
Chapter twelve: main scene
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty (part 1)
Chapter thirty (part 2)
Chapter thirty-one
Epilogue
Raine's Letter

Chapter seventeen

9.8K 224 5
By CeruleanBlues

Another chappy!!!

I'll be quite late with the updates since our midterms are fast approaching and I'll be training a white rat as my midterm for my Psychology 105: Learning and Cognitive.

I'll try to update not 1 week long but perhaps twice and still on weekends...

Hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to leave any comments and votes too!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+TYRELL’S POV+

I don’t really know what was going on for this day, but certainly Raine was perhaps, curse within this day. To think so many incidents occurred to her, although I was thinking it was just a slight accident, but to her it was as if it did not seem to be just an accident. She even claimed that the accidents happened to her were carefully planned.

Its not as if I don’t believe her—because I really do believe in her!—well, its just, I find everything just a coincidence. Everything that happen her, she believed it was no coincidence.

On the first accident, well, it happens accidentally that I saw her, not on purpose, bear naked on her bathroom when I heard her screamed. She told me when she left for an early jog; she made sure that the temperature meter on her bathroom was lukewarm when she returned. However, when she returned, the water was cold as ice like from Antarctica.

The second accident, we were having our late breakfast, when she screamed that there was an earthworm in her bowl of cereal. I find that hard to believe how an earthworm would end up in her bowl especially a place like a 5-star hotel buffet meal. I asked the manager about the incident but he told me that it was the first time something like that would happen, since they would check the meal thrice before serving it.

The third accident, well, it cost me a sum amount of money for the damage Raine made from the winery. She claimed that she had nothing to do with the damage since, she never gotten the chance to even touch the barrel filled with wine. I had to pay for the damage that the manager charged me. At that time, I fully believed that it was an accident and her fault, but when I look at her, I saw her disbelief and shocked expression that I almost punch myself for doubting her.

Now, her horse suddenly went out of control when Kylie shouted that there was a snake beside Raine’s horse. When she tried to control her horse, she fell and ruined her white dress on the process. I should also mention that she fall facing front that her face was cover with dirt.

I sighed as I tried to rub my throbbing temple, still finding everything into process as what had happen.

“Another plan accomplished,”

I jerked my head to find Nate and Kylie laughing, but when they saw me looking at them, they shut their mouth and avoided my gaze. I walked towards them and I sensed them becoming tensed.

“Do you think what had happen to Raine today been just an accident,” I asked them, then both Nate and Kylie looked at each other then back to me, “or a coincidence?”

Nate just shrugged and avoided my gaze, while Kylie remained to look at me with a blank expression. From the looks on their face, something was not right.

“Do you think it was an accident or a coincidence?” I persistently asked. I turned to Nate and I saw him gulped. I look at Kylie and she was biting her lower lip. “Was it an accident or a coincidence? Nate? Kylie?”

“Well, I think...,” Nate started while Kylie said, “Just some bad luck.”

“Or perhaps everything was according to plan,” I said as I crossed my arms on my chest, giving them a serious look.

I know I can always let them off the hook to joked and play around with me, but there are times that I being the eldest, should had some limitations and had to be strict with them. I narrowed my eyes when I said, “You guys wouldn’t happen to know anything, would you?”

“Now, w-why would we do s-something like that?” Kylie stammered. I knew Kylie that to be straightforward and direct when speaking and never heard her stammer.

“Are you saying that we planned for her accident?” Nate said angrily. “Would you believe a person like her over your blood-related siblings?”

“I don’t know. I’m not sure to believe what she claimed,” I said in a serious tone. “Nor would I also believe what the two of you are saying.”

Nate shut his mouth and Kylie covered her mouth from shocked.

“Should I?” I arched one eyebrow. “Because surely I can’t take sides since I don’t even know what and how everything happened without me knowing the truth.”

They remained silent.

I stared at them and turned around to the direction where Raine walked away. She must have been packing her things, not going to London no doubt, but rather going back to her home.

Home.

If Raine wants to go home after what had happen, I would go with her. Everywhere she would go, I would always follow. I always dream that once we are happily married, we would happily wed and soon have our children. I always envision that once I was done with work, I would go home directly where Raine is waiting for me by dinnertime. My children would jump, waiting for me to give them a hug and would say ‘Welcome home Daddy!” while Raine would kiss me and say, “I missed you today,”

Home was anywhere with Raine.

“If you two had something to do with Raine’s mishaps today, I promise the both of you,” I said in a serious tone, “I will not make our relationship as easy and heartily as before. Even if we are siblings or not,” I added before I walked away.

“What if I say that we had something to do with her accidents because there was a reason why we did it?” Nate suddenly asked.

I paused myself from leaving but I did not turned around, Nate continued, “What if the reason why we did it was because we were just protecting you. Protecting your feelings from someone like Raine?”

Protect my feelings from Raine?

Why would they do something like that when my feelings for Raine are true?

Are they doing these things because they don’t like her? We knew Raine since we were children and Nate and Kylie adore her, so why would they start hating her now?

I just shook my head and continued to walked away.

                           ***         ***              ***                  ***                    ***

By the time I went back to the hotel, Raine was getting out from the elevator with her luggage along. When she saw me, she avoided my gaze and started going to the checkout counter. I walked going towards her and slowed my pace when we just centimetres away from each other.

“Raine, I. . .”

“Tyrell, I. . .”

We both said at the same time then we were both silent. We just stared at each other’s eyes as if searching for something. . .

They say that eyes were the windows to your soul and you would instantly know what the person feel. When I look into her eyes, it seems she wanted to tell me something.

“You were saying?” I decided to break the silence between us.

“I think you should go ahead first,” she replied.

“No, I insist,”

“Really, I think you—

“Raine,” I said giving her a look that meant that she should say what she wanted to say because I’m not saying anything.

“I hate it when you look at me like that,” I heard her muttered.

I smiled triumphantly that I was able to insist her that she would say first what she wanted to say. “So what do you want to tell me?”

“Tyrell, I. . . well, as you can see. . .,” she started but it seem that she can’t say the words.

“Yes?” I gave her an encouraging look so that she may say the words.

She sighed and looked at me, with sad eyes on her face. I was a bit surprise with her expression that I immediately place both my hands on her shoulders. “Raine, is something wrong?”

She cringed when my hands touch on her shoulders yet she shook her head. “No there is nothing wrong. Actually, it’s about your proposal.”

“My proposal?” I asked dumbfounded then it took me moments to realize that she was referring about my offer of marriage.

“Tyrell, what I wanted to say is that,” she started when I cut her off.

“You’ve finally accepted my offer to become my wife!” I said happily then I immediately hugged her. “Thank you so much!” I let her go and started to pace back and forth in front of her.

“Tyrell, please listen to me,”

“I’m calling the press and tell them that I’m going to get married,”

“Tyrell, I think you should really—

“How many guests do you want? Three hundred? Or four hundred?”

“Tyrell, please listen,”

“This is the happiest day of my life,”

“Tyrell, I’m not going to marry you!”

“I’m the luckiest—

I stopped my ramblings and look at her. Did she just say she won’t marry me?

“Raine, what are you saying?” I slowly asked her. “What do you mean you won’t marry me?”

Raine just looked away. “I can’t marry you.”

“This is some kind of joke right? I mean, you’re just kidding but you’ll really accept my offer,” I said and was about to reach for her but she moved away.

“No, I’m not kidding nor I’m joking,” she replied.

“Why?” was the only question that I said.

When she look at me, there were tears falling from her eyes. I tried to come close to her but she held one hand to stop me.

“Because I’m not who you really think that I am,” she said as she was shaking. “I don’t deserve your offer. The more I don’t deserve your love!”

“I don’t understand what you mean,” I said trying to find a reason all she said. “Of course, you deserve my love and my offer. That was my promise to you,”

“I’m not the person whom you promised fifteen years ago,” she said as more tears were flowing from her face.

I was confused with what she meant. What does she mean she is not who I promised years ago? “I’m just not that girl you love and I’m not her,” she finished.

“Raine, I don’t under—

“Her name is not Lorraine Sausa,”

I turned around who the voice came from and saw Nate and Kylie coming towards us.

“What are you talking about,” I asked, still confused of what was happening.

Nate didn’t looked me instead he was looking at Raine before saying, “Isn’t that right Raine or should I say Miss Fiona Constance?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TRUTH IS FINALLY REVEALED!

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE PUBLISHED SHORTLY. . .

QUESTION: HOW WILL TYRELL REACT?

.

. .

. . .

. . . .

. . . . .

. . . . . .

. . . . . . .

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . .

. . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

.

HINT: READ FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

TEASER:

 I was expecting her to deny, would say that it was all a misunderstanding and I was just being trick, like how I tricked her with her surprising employment. Nevertheless, she said nothing in denying Nate’s exposure. Instead, she looked at me squarely and said, “Everything your brother said is true.”

I froze.

No.

She was lying, I’m certain of it.

She isn’t a fraud, she’s real. I know she’s real since that is what my heart is telling me.

She isn’t. . .

“This is all a trick. I’m just being tricked, right?” I said while I laughed shaking. “I’ll concede defeat for tricking me so, let’s just dropped everything about— 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 313 37
Raine is a confused young Adult, that has suffered greatly. Her Mother has and always will be abusive and manipulative. Raine left home at a young...
54 0 24
Raine Hope is the only word which makes to live every second. I hope for a better life. Love. Family. But pain is the gift I got in my life. I am swa...
5K 223 45
Note to self. If I make any more friends, in particular best friends do not kiss their sisters. Terms and Conditions include full, step and especia...
7.2K 32 22
This is a brothers bestfriend story. this is also a smut btw.