Shattered Memories. (Castiel...

By AstralShadows

It was an ordinary night of studying when you get a call from your friend. She had met two devilishly handso... More

Escape Plan.
Home.
Memories And Explanations.
Deception.
Always.
Feelings Are Confusing.
Road Trip.
Resolve.
The Girl And Her Broken Hearted Angel.
Out Of Hell (Into Your Heart)
The Prank War.
Missing.
Intervention.
Family.
Dinner And Plans.
Beneath The Waves.
Protecting Hearts.
Shattered.
Running Away.
Putting The Pieces Together.
Voices.
Accidents.
Darkness Weighs Heavy On Hurting Hearts.
Parting Ways.
The Life I Chose.
Back On The Road.
The Beginning.
Revelations.
The Girl He Loved.
Happiness And Their Futures.
Stories.

The Spark.

9.9K 310 148
By AstralShadows

It was late on a Friday night. I had fallen asleep on my books. A buzzing against the desk woke me up. I lifted my head to see my phone ringing. It was my friend. I answered the phone while rubbing my eyes.

"Hey, what's up, Hailey? Need me to walk you home from the bar?" I joked.

"_____," she said, "there are so many cute guys, come down for a bit."

"But I have a huge paper due on Monday."

"Come on, you're wasting away over those books."

"I guess I can come out for a bit," I sighed.

"Great, because there are two really cute guys here. One's kinda quiet like you, but the other one, dear God, I have never seen someone so perfect."

"I get it, you need me to distract the other half," I groaned.

"Put on something cute, hurry up."

The call ended as I stretched my arms out. I walked into my room and pulled out a few different outfits. I had been reading a lot anyway. Maybe a break from school work would be good. I decided on my favorite dress and quickly did my hair nicely. It was the fastest I had gotten ready in some time. I walked downstairs, the bar was a block away from my apartment. I stopped and turned around. I couldn't shake this feeling that someone was following me. I turned back hurrying to the bar. When I got inside the door I looked back outside the door.

"____? What are you doing?" my friend asked.

"I thought I saw something. Maybe I am doing too much schoolwork."

"Come on. Let me introduce you to the guys."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me into the bar. My eyes kept darting back to the door. And I swear I had seen something rush across the window.

"So this is my friend," she was saying, "she really likes staring at doors apparently."

I turned around with a reddened face. The two guys chuckled as I forced a smile. My hand extended to one of them.

"Hi, I'm _____," I said.

"I'm Sam, that's my brother Dean. Who is now all over your friend," he said not surprised in the slightest.

"At least they waited so you wouldn't be alone. You have a lot of books for someone just hanging out at a bar."

"I am doing some work."

"And here I was called away from a paper to come out. Seems I could have brought some work with me."

"I'm sorry if it's a bother for you to be here."

"I needed to get out anyway," my eyes drifted back to the window.

"Something bothering you?" Sam asked catching me staring outside.

"No, just a feeling that I was being followed. Nothing is there I just can't shake this feeling. I really must be overworking myself."

I grabbed one of his books while he wasn't looking. I flipped the book open and stared at the pages. He looked back and grabbed the book from my hands and slammed it shut. I stood up and took a step back.

"W-what the hell is that?" I asked.

"It's just a book. Listen, we're not bad guys."

"I'm pretty sure bad guys usually say something like that."

"Just listen a second."

I turned and hurried out of the bar. I hadn't even gotten myself a drink. Hailey should really be more careful about the guys she gets involved with. Those symbols, demons, what kind of person reads books like that. They are probably serial killers. I ran outside in a panic. It wasn't long before Hailey was informed about me leaving. I had barely made it around the corner.

"____! Where are you going?" she asked.

"They are weird. He is reading books on demons and God knows what else. Let's just go, Hailey. I don't care how hot you think a guy is-"

"Don't you know who they are?"

"No, should I?" I answered.

"I need you to come back inside, now," she hissed.

"You're acting strange. I don't care who those guys are. They aren't that good looking that I should end up a sacrifice or something."

"I'm not asking."

Her hand grasped my left index finger tightly. I winced as she gave a quick flick of her finger. My finger made a horrible cracking sound. She broke it. I couldn't say a word, I was overcome with pain. I looked at her. It was just a moment, but the color of her eyes faded into complete blackness. Her hand covered mine as she growled. This was not my friend. Who, or what, was this thing?

"Do as I say and I might just make your death a quick one. Go inside and keep the bookworm distracted while I take care of the pretty boy. Keep your mouth shut," she ordered.

I could only nod as I cradled my finger in the opposite hand. She pushed me through the door as a wide smile burst across her face. It was only a moment before she was wrapped around Dean again. My hand shook as I sat down near Sam. I must have looked like I saw a ghost.

"About that book," he started.

"What? Oh yeah, funny pictures, right?" I laughed.

"Are you feeling okay?"

I wanted to say no I wanted to tell him he was in trouble. But as soon as the thought crossed my mind I could feel the stare burning into my back. I feigned a laugh and put my hands on the table.

"So tell me about you? New to this town?"

"Are you sure that you are okay? You were really freaked out before," he said as if taking in my sudden change in behavior.

"Oh, I know this really cool trick, got a pen and paper?" I asked. He slid the two things toward me as I picked them up non chalantly, "it's pretty awesome."

I slid the paper across to him. His eyes examined it carefully. I held my smile waiting for him to read what I wrote. He looked up at me and smiled. His eyes shifted to his brother who was busy with Hailey. Well whoever she was now. He bellowed with a surprisingly excellent fake laugh. I started to laugh as well. He grabbed my hand and dragged me over to his brother.

"Hey, I need the keys," Sam said.

I caught a nasty glare from Hailey. I wrapped my arm around Sam with a suddenly playful smile. Dean spun on his chair.

"What do you need the keys for?" he asked.

"We're gonna, uhm," he was trailing off.

"We just want a bit of privacy. Come on," I pouted.

"Alright, just don't-" he started.

"Thanks," Sam said grabbing the keys.

We hurried outside. I could feel that thing staring me down as we ran outside. We headed past some nice cars. I gazed upon each one until I saw a black impala. It had to be late sixties by my guess. It reminded me of the cars my dad used to fix up. He used to spend hours every weekend working on cars. I hadn't seen an impala in ages. Nonetheless one in such great shape. I had completely forgotten about the situation at hand. My hands ran across the smooth metal as I stared at this car.

"God, I haven't seen one of these in ages. Its beautiful. I wonder who's car this is. My dad used to say I should marry a man with a car like this," I chuckled.

"Well, you'd wanna talk to Dean."

"Huh? This is your guys' car?"

"Yeah, but shouldn't we-?"

"Would you be willing to sell it?"

"You're joking, right? Dean wouldn't part with this car for anything. And forget about the car, what was that note about? And when did you break your finger?"

"You gotta get your brother away from her," I said remembering what had happened, "when she came outside she just...she...her eyes I must be losing it."

"What was wrong with her eyes?" he asked.

"They were black, like completely black. She broke my finger without a second thought. She said, it said, if I played along they'd kill me quickly. I thought I should tell you. You had that weird ass serial killer book."

"What?" he laughed at the thought, "we're not killers. Okay just wait here I will get Dean."

As he said that there was a sudden explosion. Bricks flew from the building. Sam pushed me between the car and himself. The dust settled as people had ran from the bar screaming.

"Dean!" Sam yelled.

There was a groan nearby. Sam rushed over pulling the bricks from his brother. He stood up and heaved a relieved sigh.

"Looks like baby's okay at least," he said patting the hood of the car.

"One job," Hailey's voice was now warped, "you had one job, you bitch. You're gonna suffer."

"I..." I started.

Dean pulled a gun out. Sam was rifling through the car for something. With a flick of her hand they went flying away. What the hell was happening? I backed away having no way to defend myself. My voice repeated to myself this was just a dream. Hailey laughed as her hand grasped tightly to my neck. She watched me struggle for air before launching me back into a wall. A light flashed in front of my eyes as I collided with the hard surface. My body slumped on the ground as I sat completely stunned.

"You're lucky they've got plans for you. Otherwise, I'd kill you," she hissed.

"They? Who are they?" I asked.

"I don't wanna ruin the surprise."

"What are you? Where is Hailey?"

"She is looong gone," she laughed.

"How dare you..."

"Hey, ____, get down," Dean yelled.

I looked over to see him aiming his gun. I dropped to the ground without hesitation. There was a loud bang as my body tensed up. I stayed on the ground as another bang followed and another.

"Rude," it said, "you Winchesters have no manners. I'm talking to my new friend."

It raised it's hand sending both of them flying back against the wall. They both hung on the wall fighting against whatever force held them there.

"But just because I can't kill you doesn't mean I can't have a little fun," it laughed.

Another flick of it's hand sent me flying back. It laughed as I struggled. I felt like a foreign specimen as they looked me over like a piece of meat. They shrugged their shoulders.

"I just don't get why the higher ups are picking more pathetic humans."

Their hand pulled back and slammed against my face. Over and over a sudden pain rushed across my face. I could hear yelling. I heard that thing laughing at me. But at this point I couldn't even keep my eyes open. My body slumped over. There was a skirmish. I could hear fighting. It just sounded like it was miles away from me. Then my body acted on it's own. I stood up, that thing, turned back to me. A grin spread across my face.

"I'll show you just why you should be afraid of me," it was my voice, but it didn't feel like it was me actually saying those words.

A flash of light burst before me. That was the last thing I remember before crumpling onto the ground. Dean and Sam stared at the pile of ash where a demon once stood.

"Do you think she's-" Dean started but didn't know how to finish.

"I've never seen anything like that," Sam responded.

They walked over to where my body was laying. Dean poked my shoulder and pulled his hand away as if I would hurt him.

"I don't think she is conscious right now."

"Well, we don't have time to sit around and wait for her to wake up. Put her in the car," Dean said.

"You want to take her with us?"

"You wanna leave her here to burn some more stuff down? You heard that thing. Bigger demons didn't want her dead, we should find out more about that. And don't have her bleed all over the car."

The doors opened and they put my motionless body in the backseat. Sirens neared the bar as the car gave a starting roar. They took off as cop cars started pulling up to the building.

"She offered to buy the car, ya know?" Sam said trying to lighten the mood.

"Baby's not for sale."

"Funny thing she said her dad said she should marry a guy with a car like this."

Dean peered over the seat and shrugged. He looked at Sam before turning his attention back to the road.

"You, uh, didn't tell her the car was yours did you?"

"Dean, you were literally just hitting on the demon version of her friend."

"She didn't look like a demon at the time."

"For what we do for a living you should really know better."

"Well, we all got out of there fine and we might just have a new case on our hands."

The car drove off into the night. And I was unaware that I was being toted away from my home and my life. But that was just the start. Things were about to drastically change my life forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 450 22
Everyone had a soulmate. everyone had a red thread that only they could see leading to the person of their dreams. Once you touched linked hands, it...
12.8K 432 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...
8.4K 350 14
(It's 2015 now and I deeply regret writing this book. So please either swipe away, or check out my other book please! If you do read this though be p...
3K 134 15
During a dangerous case with Sam and Dean something goes wrong and Castiel goes missing, this isn't like the other times Cas has disappeared, this is...