The Breathing Treasure (Merom...

By Nixxewrites

A boy ran away from his captors, not knowing why they caught him in the first place. He didn't know his name... More

The Breathing Treasure
The Treasure's Name
The Next Day
Base
Versus Squids
Who are you?
Heal
The night
Soul
Squiditis
Squeal
Squid Men
The Sorcerer
Healed
Super Saiyan
Cheese Sandwiches
Pain
History
Roasted squids
Jungle
Travel 2: chimneyswift
Travel 3
Hotel
Fighter
Speech
Fighter (2)
Unlocked Memories ; Seto's sacrifice
The End

Travel 1

1.1K 31 6
By Nixxewrites

so their travelling will be named "travel" so that I wont have to think.

so I finished what I wanted to do quicker, so I decided why not update c: my work is annoying, but I think I can update once every week.

once per week with long chapters, or every day with short ones? I'll leave it to you guys :3

oh. and hi again kitttcatty828 :3

powermovesonly you got your moar xD

on to the story and other stuff.

btw, I don't have a beta, i didn't check this chapter for grammar, and english is not my first language either. I apologise for my bad grammar in this one :P

okie on to the actual story xD tell me what you think about this one and tell me ways to improve :D

@@@

After all that had happened, it was already night. The moon was high in the sky, and everyone climbed a tree high enough to be shielded from zombies and big enough to hold them all.

Surrounding a piece of wood with dirt, they lit it up, sighing. Warmth.

Jerome sniffed at the fried squid and bit on a tentacle, chewing slowly. The rest did the same, feeling their stomach slowly get filled by the new type of food.

"This isn't bad," Ant muttered, clearly impressed. "Needs more salt."

Brice nodded, grinding up the food in his mouth.

"It's better than I had expected it to be," Seto muttered.

"Eat up doods, we have a ton more," Jerome laughed, holding up a bag filled with squids.

Munching up the food, his mind flashed back to the afternoon.

Gathering the treasures... and remaking the weapon... it would probrably all in vain, considering that even two famous sorcerers can't fuse them together.

Is fusing even possible?

Jerome glanced at Mitch, who gave him a warm smile in return.

What if...

Jerome shook the idea from his head.

As he packed the leftover squids into the bag, the fire went out. The wood for the fire has burnt out.

"Sleep,we have a long day tomorrow," Brice said.

Jerome nodded, lying down on the leaves. They tickled his neck, but he doesn't care.

@@@

"Biggums, up!"

As he slowly opened his eyes, he saw the boy on top of him. Looking at the hole in the ceiling, he estimated the time to be...

"7am?!"

A stream of bags was chucked at him as he shouted.

Mitch giggled.

"Good night..."

"No!"

Punching his suit, Mitch was determined to wake him up.

"People are trying to sleep ere'..."

"Sowwie... up muusst biggums!"

Rubbing his eyes, he sat up, leaves ruffling under him. Some of it stuck onto his fur as he stretched lazily.

Mitch smiled, then pounced on the others.

"Jerome... What's with Mitch...?"

"I don't know, he just does it,"

As everyone gathered their stuff, they left their mini tree house and continued on their journey.

"So now there is a little village near here,"

"Wait... why didn't we go to the village then?"

"The village was constantly raided and death occurs every minute there," Jerome muttered. "We go there to get supplies, then we will continue on to the Lunar hill,"

Lunar hill is a small mountain. It has leaves that glow slightly, reflecting light from anything. It is also slightly blue, like the sky at night, hence the name.

As they neared the village, they failed to notice a blunette behind them.

"Huh... interesting..."

@@@

As they entered the village, only soft shuffles were heard. Curtains were drawn in every window, and the place reeks of fear.

Looking around, no one could be seen.

As they walked into a shop, the villager fell down, shivering.

"Uhm... we need to buy some food..."

He slowly peeped up from behind the counter.

"We're travellers, and we need supplies,"

He slowly stood up, heaving a sigh of relief.

As the team dumped away the squid, they placed apples and such inside of their bag pack. Stacks of materials like iron and cobble piled up as the team traded away more and more of their emeralds, leaving only half a stack to use during their journey if they find a wandering merchant.

"Thank you!"

A loud scream split the silent atmosphere. Looking at each other, they ran out of the store.

"What a sight to behold," Jordan calmly said.

"I almost forgot about them, they were just the trouble makers,"

"... Brice...?" Seto shuddered. "I know that you were in their army... so what are those...?"

The blue haired men climbed atop of the houses, tossing water down the chimneys, griefing the villages, stealing their resources.

"Half breeds, we experimented with the squid blood and mixed a few together, creating this team." Jordan said before Brice could say anything. "This breed is the most annoying-- called squidans, which is a mix of Brice's musician blood and a squid,"

"Most horrible experience I had in my life," Brice scrunched up his face, making an odd frown.

"Well, let's help out," Jerome jumped forth, axe ready in hand.

"Wa-"

The squidans smirked, striking with a stone sword , right through his left leg.

"They are intelligent...."

Jerome's eyes were wide in trepidation as pain shot through his leg.

Thick blood flowed out of the tissue, and he fell, letting out a scream.

"heh,"

The other squidans snickered, continuing to do what they were doing.

"Jerome..."

Ant looked at Mitch silently. His face was struck with horror, and anger. Face twisted into a look of utter disgust.

He took a step forward.

"No, Mitch wait!" Seto attempted to grab his arm, but was stopped by Brice.

"He's stronger than them,"

"How do you know?!"

Silence. He couldn't tell him more. Only Soul can tell power differences, and he changed. He is not Soul. He is Brice.

As Mitch walked up, face down, avoiding the swords thrusted at him easily.

As he looked up, his eyes flushed a deep red, as he let out a scream.

Almost immediately,  the air stilled.

Everyone in the circle stopped in their tracks. Heart beat slowed down, and breathing irregular.

As Mitch stopped, a second was all it takes for the squidans within the circle to fall, disintegrating into nothing.

The rest -- less than half of the remaining -- stared.

"How..."

Sauntering towards the gang, they cowered in fear, running back.

"That's enough," a feminine voice said.

Mitch looked up, staring right into her golden eyes.

"I compensate for the injuries, they were just feeling-" she paused, as if thinking. "-Mischievous,"

Handing over a sack, he opened it up, and inside were three stacks of golden apples.

"There is definitely enough to feed the remaining villagers as well as your buddy over there," she smirked. Mitch growled, heaving the sack on his shoulders. "Oh, and for your journey,"

"Tank yuu, nauw geht awayh,"

"You don't speak? That's cute,"

Growling, he swiftly turned back, raising a hand.

Before he could punch her, her quick reflexes stopped the punch.

Giggling, she let go of his fist, turning.

"Until we meet again, Hughes,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 154 33
Ty lives his life wishing to be someone else. Sky needs to make Ty believe he's special. Can he do it? Just PG for a bit of swearing! Also thanks to...
12.4K 372 29
(Unedited) Follow Setosorcer and the Team Crafted gang to Minecon and what as everything goes sour. This all happens when the undead attack in a Zomb...
112K 2.8K 35
Luke wants revenge on Jerome for stealing Mitch from him. He has the perfect plan, and Mitch and Jerome have no idea what's coming....until it happen...
8.9K 357 12
Jerome has been missing for 6 months and everyone but Mitch has stopped looking for him. The poor bajan just wanted his Bacca back, but what if he's...