You Stole My Heart With Your...

By fckingxfuentes

When Kellin Quinn is kicked out and forced to go to boarding school, what happens when his roommate is Vic Fu... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Not a chapter but please read it's important.
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Not a chapter, an annoucement.

Chapter 1

19K 293 288
By fckingxfuentes

hello this is my first fan fiction, like ever. i really don't know how well this is going go tbh i just hope it's not too bad. please feel free to vote, and comment what you think of the story, and what would make it better i need all the help i can get. thanks so much for checking this out, it means the world to me. okay happy reading and ily

[Kellin's POV]

Great. Just great. Today was my 16th birthday, you think I would be happy, right? No. Well, that's kind of a lie. I'm not sad, but I'm not thrilled either. Today was also the day I get kicked out of the house that I grew up in all my life. On the bright side it's not like I was completely on my own, instead of continuing school in my small town in Michigan, I would be going to a boarding school in sunny San Diego. And, I would finally be getting away from my abusive Uncle who was sending me away.

You see, my parent's life was cut short due to a car crash when I was 11. That left me with no choice but to go with my abusive, alcoholic Uncle Bostwick, or my god father. He moved in here with me. He used to be a nice man, really, he did. In the beginning he was nice and supportive, but it was when my Aunt died did he become the way he is now. She lived with us too. She became like a second mom to me. She died when I was 13, due to congestive heart failure. She was a great woman and I miss her a lot, almost as much as I miss my own parents. But now is not the time for one of my self-pity parties considering my piece of shit Uncle is banging at my door.

"Kellin, unlock this fucking door before I take it off the hinges!"

I learned to lock it so he can't get in, I'm surprised he hasn't taken the lock off of it or something, he absolutely hates it when I lock it. Which may or may not be the reason I lock it all the time. I know what you're thinking, why would I try and provoke him to hit me even more? Simple, because I deserve it.

I got up and out of my bed to open my door so my uncle would shut up. As soon as I opened the door, my face was met with his fist. As the two collided my face swung to the side and I stumbled back a little bit. He began to speak and I tried to ignore the horrible pain I felt in my jaw.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you to keep that fucking door unlocked. Get up and get ready, you have to be at the airport by 11:30, and seeing it might take you a little longer since I'm not driving your ass down there. And if you miss your plane, then good luck finding somewhere to stay, because you're not staying here with me anymore." He smirked evilly. He seemed to be satisfied with himself, because he turned around and walked back downstairs. And with that, I shut my door, not wanting to see any part of that pathetic excuse for a human being anymore.

I should've known he would do something like this. It would be like a 25 minute walk there, not including my three bags of luggage I would have to drag along with me. It was about 9:45 now, which meant I still had time to get a shower. I would eat but a fatass like me doesn't need any more than an apple a day. You know how that saying goes, right? 'An apple a day keeps the fat away.' I sighed to myself and collected my clothes for my shower. I picked out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a gray anthem made hoodie and a beanie to match the color. Once done, I laid them on my bed and started to undress.

I walked into my bathroom - that was connected to my room - and grabbed my towel off the back of the door, and turned on the water.

I stepped in, letting the warm water relax my muscles and letting my mind wonder.

I wonder what the school would be like. Would I get a roommate? What would they be like? When do we even start school there? Schools out over here. It ended like a week ago, considering its April, but I was told my school lets out earlier than most schools. It made sense, considering we only had a four day weekend for Spring Break and major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. Yeah, they make us come back to school two days after Christmas and, then go on another 4 day break for New Year's again. It was completely pointless and retarded. Whatever, my old school is all behind me now though, now I'm attending this boarding school.

Once I realized I've been in here for a little too long, I shut off the water and stepped out. That's what happens when I let my mind wonder, I completely lose track of time.

After getting dried and dressed, I look at my phone to see the time was 10:10. Wow, I took a lot longer than expected. When I looked at my phone it wasn't the only thing I noticed, I had gotten 5 happy birthday texts from my friends. One of them from Justin, Jack, Gabe, Jesse, and Matty. How did a fatass like me get friends you ask? I have no idea, but I was extremely grateful for them. They were always there for me no matter what. They even threw a mini goodbye party 3 days ago for me. It was fun and a great chance to hang out with all of them before I left. I was gonna miss them so much, I don't even know how I'm going to cope.

After I texted 4 out of the 5 of them a thank you, then I dialed Jesse's number. He was the closest to me out of the 5. He was also the only one who knew about my uncle abusing me. The others know I live with him because of my parents, but they don't know he's abusive. After the 3rd ring, he answered.

"Hey Kell! What's up?" He replied cheerfully into the phone. He was always cheerful and happy. It was just in his ginger blood I guess.

"Nothing much, my plane leaves at 11:30. I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out one last time before I go.." I said trailing off. I thought for a second, why would he want to hang out with me? I didn't even make plans until the last minute. My thoughts were put to rest as he spoke again.

"That sounds great, actually I was getting ready to call you myself and ask you the same thing." He replied back. I don't know why I think the way I do. We've been best friends ever since preschool, but still my mind wants to believe that he secretly hates me, which obviously he doesn't.

"Great minds think alike huh?" I heard him chuckle into the phone, while I let out a half grunt, half laugh type noise.

"Anyways, you can come pick me up now if you want. But, if you're picking me up later, it has to be before 10:45. I don't want to be late for my plane." I stated. Knowing him, he'll probably get a shower first because this is about the time where the usually gets up. I was proved right when he talked into the phone again

"Alright, cool. Just let me get a shower real quick and I'll be down by 10:30. Do you need a ride to the airport?" This is what I loved about him. He was so giving and nice. He knows that I don't have a car and that my uncle would probably make me walk. I'm so lucky to have him as a friend.

"Can you.. Please..?" I ask sheepishly. I hear him chuckle into the phone before giving me my answer.

"Its fine Kells, you know I don't care. Just be ready by the time I get there and we'll go get some Starbucks alright?" He stated more than questioned. I signed in content, happy that I have a friend like him.

"Thanks Jess, you're the best. Now hurry up and get your ass here, I want my coffee!" I yelled lightly into the phone.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll see in you in 15!" And with that, he hangs up. Leaving me to gather the last of my things that I haven't packed in my suitcase.

After I said goodbye to my Uncle, which really wasn't a goodbye for him, but more of an opportunity to insult me once more, I was in Jesse's car on the way to Starbucks.

As time went on, the closer I was to flying half way across the country to place I've never been too, where I know no one. Let's just say I'm slightly terrified. It said in the packet I got that there will be someone to pick me up from the airport, all I had to do was look for the big sign that said 'Clairemont Boarding School.' I guess there were kids coming in from all around the world, I wonder how big of a deal this school was. I wonder why my Uncle even bothered sending me to a boarding school. Honestly, I thought he would just kick me out instead to live on the street, but maybe he cares about me just a little bit.. Who am I kidding, he fucking hates me.

I was interrupted when Jesse slammed on his breaks, making me hit my head off the air bag insertion on the dash board. Okay, ouch.

"What the fuck dude?!" I was still in shock and a little pissed off because there was no reason for him to stop so abruptly. There wasn't even any traffic, only a stop sign, which we were sitting at. It didn't matter because this wasn't a busy street at all.

"I tried to get your attention for like 3 minutes. I called your name like 10 times, no joke. What else was I supposed to do?!" He defended himself and started driving once more.

"Whatever." I mumbled. Still annoyed with the fact that not only does my jaw hurt, from earlier, but now my head hurts too.

The rest of car ride is silent besides the soft sound of the radio in the background. I guess he dropped whatever he wanted to tell me. So instead I just looked out the window and appreciated my surroundings, taking them in one last time. Who knows when I'm coming back here, if I ever do come back here. I never really thought about what I would do after I graduated. Maybe I could get a job and live there for the remainder of my life. I knew for sure I wasn't going back with my Uncle though.

As I came out of my little day dream again, this time on my own, I noticed that we're pulling into Starbucks. Jess parks and we both step out and into the store. We both order a usual - iced mocha cappuccino - and sat down at two person table by the windows.

"I'm really gonna miss you Kell." I look up from my drink to see Jesse giving me a look of longing, like I already left.

"Me too Jess, but just promise we'll stay in touch. Please? I'm really gonna need you during all this transitioning shit." I pleaded. It was true. Jesse was my rock and he relied on him when I couldn't rely on myself. What was I going to do when he wasn't there during a time I needed him the most? Well, we all know what that is.

"I promise. Just promise me something now.." He looked at me and asked with his eyes if he could continue. I had a good feeling I knew what he was going to bring up, and I didn't want to talk about it. However, I nodded anyways, giving him the signal to keep going.

"Promise me that you won't hurt yourself while down there. If you need me, you call me. I don't give a shit what time it is, I don't want you resorting to that blade." He finished, with concern flooding his blue eyes. I didn't want to lie to him and say I wouldn't. I didn't like lying to him, I always ended up telling him the truth. I looked away, not wanting to look him in the eyes when I replied to him.

"I'll try, but I can't make any promises Jess. But I will try to do the best I can and get better." I told him half-heartedly. I wanted to stop, I did, but I rely on it just as much as I rely on Jesse. And when Jesse isn't going to be there, guess what is.

"Deal." Jesse said, looking into my eyes. I could tell he wanted to say more, but he knows he shouldn't press me on it, and appreciate that.

For the next 20 minutes we worked out the calling times and everything -because of the different time zones - and we talked about stupid, irrelevant shit. I know what he's trying to do. He's trying to get my mind off of everything and trying to get me to relax. I really am so lucky to have him as a friend. What am I going to do without him? I look at the clock and its 11:15, we should probably go soon.

"Alright well, I guess we should get off to the airport. I want to be a little early just in case if something goes wrong, there will be time to fix it." I told Jesse. He just nodded and stood up, walking to the car.

The drive to the airport was when it all hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm going to be leaving behind all my friends that I knew for most of my life. I will have to start all over again. I don't know if I can do it. I'm not good at making friends, and I'm so scared of the rejection. I felt the tears prick my eyes, but held them back until Jess and I say our goodbyes.

Jess helps me with my luggage and belongings. All that's left is to wait until my flight is called. Meanwhile, Jesse and I take a couple of pictures for memories

We were in the middle of taking another silly picture when my flight was called.

"Flight 222 to San Diego now boarding, flight 222 to San Diego now boarding." The woman's voice boomed out of the loud speaker. I turned to Jesse.

"Well, this is it man." Already getting teary-eyed. Man up Kellin, jeeze.

"I'm gonna miss you so much. Good luck at your new school, and meet a hot guy." He winked at me with sorrow-filled eyes. I chuckled and shook my head. Classic Jesse. I was openly gay, and it caused a lot of problems for me at school. Jesse was the most supportive and was always trying to hook me up with another guy. He's attempted more than once, and failed more than once.. I'm just going to leave it at that.

"I'm gonna miss you too man, don't ever forget about me. And don't worry, I'll make sure to fill you in about the guys there. Who knows maybe I'll finally meet a cute guy." I said weakly, finally letting the tears fall. Jesse did the same as he pulled me into a big bear hug.

"I don't wanna go." I whispered into his chest, he was a bit taller than me because of how short I am. I'm only 5'7".

"Do you think I want you to either? Hell no, you're my other half. It's not gonna be the same without you bro. I love you and good luck. Don't forget to call." He's said he pulled away, wiping his tears, me doing the same.

"I love you too man, and I'll call when I get settled in and tell you all about it okay?" I said in hopes to brighten the mood. All Jesse did was nod and pull me into another hug.

We said our last goodbyes, and soon enough I was waving to him one last time as the lady took my ticket and checked it.

I was now on my way to San Diego, California. God only knows what's in store for me there.

After I got off the plane and found the person that was driving me, which I'm guessing was the Guidance Consoler, I was on my way to the school. Currently I'm walking up to the two front doors that lead into the office. I was nervous to say the least, this place is fucking huge. I have no doubt I'm going to get lost sooner or later. Probably sooner.

As I walked into the office, I noticed a middle aged woman sitting behind a counter. She had short, gray hair that didn't go past her ears. I could tell she was a nice lady, she gave off a good vibe and I liked that. It calmed some of my nerves. I walked up to her, and she immediately acknowledged me with a smile.

"Hi sweetie, what do you need?" She said with a sweeter than sugar voice. I smiled back and began

"Um, hi, I'm new here. I'm guessing I have to check in or something so I can get my dorm key and my other information." I questioned more than stated.

"Oh yes, what's your name sweetheart?" She looked at me expectantly and got ready to type on her keyboard in front of her.

"Kellin Quinn. I came in here from Michigan." I told her.

"Mhm.." She trailed off, I assume trying to find my record.

"Here you are, Kellin Quinn age 16 as of.. Today! Happy birthday sugar." She smiled big at me. It felt nice to know she cared enough to acknowledge my birthday instead of ignoring it, like I thought she would.

"Thank you ma'am." I smiled back at her, with the best fake smile I could muster up. She just smiled and nodded, going back to getting my information for me.

"Alright, so you're in dorm building E, room 12. Your roommates name is Victor Fuentes, but he likes to he called Vic. Here's your key and map." She handed me the keys. She looked like she wanted to tell me something more to me but, she looked unsure, in the end she didn't say anything. I wonder what is was. I was about to say thank you and be on my way before she spoke again.

"Since your school has already let out, you won't be actually attending classes here until September, when our school year starts. We don't get out until June 5th, so it looks like you'll have a lot of time to get settled in and unpacked." She explained to me. I was kind of happy that I don't have to worry about school, but I was going to be really bored since I didn't have anything to do. Maybe I could get a job.

"Thanks for explaining everything, I appreciate it. Do you know if there's any jobs available on campus by chance?" I thanked and asked her. Might as well ask now, right?

"Actually yes, there is. I would consider going down sometime this week to explore the campus and see what stores are hiring. Good luck with everything, and if you need help finding your dorm room just come back and I'll help you find it." She said. She was so helpful and kind. There's not a lot of people like her in the world now and days. She gives me hope that not all people are douche bags in the world.

"Thank you so much for everything, I appreciate it." I told her sincerely. She smiled and nodded her head.

"No problem sweetheart, it is my job after all." She said sweetly. I smiled back and made my way out of the office, down the side walk.

This place was fucking huge. There was at least 10 dorm buildings. There was also many mini-stands to get something to eat, as well as campus merchandise stores. I wonder where the school was, I didn't see it on my way to my dorm building.

As I finally entered my dorm building, with much trouble finding it, I looked around and noticed it was pretty nice and cozy. There was a hall way with doors when you walked in. The hall was painted a nice medium blue, and the carpet was a light cream color. To the side there was an entertainment room, it was empty at the moment. I wonder why because it was pretty nice. It had a big TV with various game systems such as Xbox, PS3, and a Wii. At the other end of the room there was a pool table and an arcade game machine. Then in the corner there was a mini kitchen with a few countertops, refrigerator, and a stove. There was also a few vending machines. The walls were the same blue, but one of them was orange. It gave off a nice accent to the room. The room had the same carpet as the hall, except for the kitchen. It had mahogany colored hardwood flooring in there. To be honest, I'm impressed. It was really nice and I could get used to calling this place my home.

There was two floors, 20 rooms in the building. Considering my room number is 12, I'm up on the second floor. Great. I hate stairs with a burning passion. I sighed and journeyed upstairs. I counted the numbers off and got to number 12. As I was about to open the door, I heard a rather delightful sound. It was a guitar, and someone was singing, most likely my roommate.

I smiled. I liked singing too, and I played the piano. In fact, Jesse, Jack, Gabe, Justin, and I were thinking about forming a band. But the plans got cancelled, due to me moving here. This should be a good thing, we already have something in common.

Well, here goes nothing. I put my key in the lock hole and turned it, opening the door. The singing and guitar stopped, and my new roommate looked up at me. I look at him and smiled a little.

He had long, shoulder-length brown hair with eyes to match. He also had a dark skin complexion, like he was Hispanic or something? Maybe Mexican. I don't know for sure. He was wearing skinny jeans like mine, vans, and a regular t-shirt. He was just staring at me with an unpleased look on his face. Great.

"Hey, I'm Kellin. I'm guessing you're Vic, right?" Oh god I'm so awkward. He didn't say anything, he just kept staring at me, looking me up and down. I felt so self-conscious right now, I hate when people stare at me. I walked over and set my stuff on my new bed, and his gaze followed me there. When he didn't say anything to me we fell into an awkward silence for about a minute or so.

"So.." I started, trying to get him to stop staring at me. Why am I so bad a making friends? He looks like he hates me already. I didn't even do anything, although I couldn't blame him, there's not much about me to like.

I had black neck-length hair, with blue eyes, and I was short for my age. Not to mention I'm fat. I was very shy and boring. Yeah, there's nothing to like about me.

The staring match went on for about another minute, and then he got up, and set his guitar down.

After he set down the guitar, he grabbed his keys and started towards the door. Meanwhile I was just watching him with amazement. He couldn't even say hi?! Am I really that repulsing? I must be.

Right as he reached the door he turned to look at me. He looked down right pissed, and to be completely honest I was kind of scared. You could see that he had some muscular arms, especially compared to my scrawny, weak ones.

"I'm going to give you 30 minutes to unpack your shit, and get settled in. I want you gone by the time I get back, and if you're not, I'll be sure to make your life a living hell here. And that's a promise." He spat at me. Who the hell does he think he is? He can't just order me around like some sort of puppet. No, I won't have it. I've gotten enough bullying from my old school.

"Excuse me?" I asked in disbelief, with a slash of sassiness in my voice.

"You heard me, be gone in 30 minutes, and don't come back until 8:00." He said. Unamused and probably annoyed that I questioned him.

"Newsflash, this isn't just your room anymore, it's mine too. Don't sit there and think that you're gonna boss me around, because you're not. And that's a promise." I snapped at him. He was a fucking douche bag and had no right to act like he owns me. I'm not his puppet.

"Newsflash, I don't give a fuck what you want or think. I do what I want, when I want, and how I want. And I'm not about to let some fucking loser come in here and tell me differently. You know what I want, and you what will happen if you don't do it. It's your choice, I'm just giving you an option. Oh, and if you ever talk to me like that again, it'll be the last thing you ever do." And with that, he slammed the door. Leaving me alone with my thoughts.

What the hell was that?! It hasn't even been 20 minutes and I'm already getting bullied. Why is it everywhere I go I'm bullied? In my old school I was called names, and I was beat up regularly, all because I came out as gay. That's one of the reasons I started self-harming. How was I supposed to get better if the bullying kept following me everywher?

I sighed. I guess I should do what he says to avoid further conflict. I don't want to find out if he'll really carry through with his little threat. With that being said, I started unpacking and getting settled in. When I was finished I with unpacking most of my stuff, it was 6:55, just 5 minutes until Vic was coming back. I figured I should probably just leave now. I would hang out down in the entertainment room until 8:00, or maybe longer. Curfew was 10:30, so maybe I could spend a little more time down there or touring the campus. I don't know.

But for right now, I just need to worry about what I'm going to do about Vic and how I'm going to manage with him. I could tell this was going to be a long year, all I could do was just wait and see how it all plays out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 7.8K 25
Kellin is a new kid in the senior class at Vic's school. He deals with many things, including abuse and self-harm. Vic slowly begins to fall in love...
68.4K 3.2K 15
Vic Fuentes is hating Kellin Quinn. And when Kellin finds Vic self harming, everything seems to go down hill. Or... is it going up hill? Accompanied...
5.9K 392 10
Vic Fuentes and Kellin Quinn are basically the definition of enemies. All they want is to rip each others heads off. But then their worst nightmare...
176K 12.6K 34
Being stripped of trouble is easier said than done, especially when it's doubled. Despite not knowing of each other's existences, Kellin Quinn and Vi...