For A Reason {Mark Sloan} - C...

Door runninginfear

" According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two... Meer

one::
two::
three::
four::
five::
six::
seven::
eight::
nine::
ten::
eleven::
twelve::
thirteen::
fifteen::
sixteen::
seventeen::
eighteen::
Life is short.
nineteen ::
twenty::
twenty one::
twenty two::
twenty three::
twenty four::
twenty five:::
twenty six:::
twenty seven:::
twenty eight :::
twenty nine:::
thirty :::
thirty one:::
thirty two:::
thirty three:::
thirty four:::
thirty five:::
thirty six:::
thirty seven:::
thirty eight:::
thirty nine:::
forty:::
forty one:::
forty two:::
forty three:::
forty four:::
forty five:::
forty six:::
forty seven:::
THANK YOU
forty eight:::
forty nine:::
fifty::::
fifty one::::
fifty two::::
fifty three::::
fifty four::::
fifty five:::::
fifty six::::
fifty seven::::
fifty eight:::::
fifty nine::::
The End.

fourteen::

11.1K 195 63
Door runninginfear

It had been only a few days since Denny had died. Izzie was not taking it well, she had stayed locked up in her room most of the time, we all had tried to go in and talk to her but she wouldn't let us. I felt horrible about the whole thing, it just wasn't fair. He had gotten his damn heart and was doing great. It made me so upset. On another note, I hadn't spoken with Mark about what happened since that night, I tried to avoid him as much as possible, I hadn't told anyone about it either and it was killing me. I wanted to tell someone so badly but there was already so much going on and Mark was already on thin ice with everything he did, I knew Derek wouldn't be happy. It made me feel like a high school girl, who kissed a guy and went and gossiped to all her friends about it.

"Hey grandma?" I called from the basement.

"Yes dear!" She yelled back to me.

"Have you seen my necklace?" I yelled, "The one I got from Great Grandma Iola?"

"No, I haven't!"

"Damn it," I cursed. I had torn apart the whole basement looking for it. My grandparents let me stay in the basement, it wasn't much just one big room and a bathroom, but it was enough for me.

I sighed as I walked up the stairs and into the living room.

"Find it?" My grandma asked.

I shook my head and sat down.

"Where'd ya have it last?" She asked.

"I left it in my jewelry box I haven't taken it out so stuff like this wouldn't happen," I sunk back in my chair.

"I'm sure it will show up hon," my grandma said.

"Hey weren't some of your pills missing earlier?" I asked.

"Yes," my grandma said, confused.

"Was Julie downstairs at all yesterday?" I asked.

"Well she did go downstairs to do some laundry," my grandma said.

"Grandma, I have a bad feeling about her," I said.

"Oh nonsense, it's probably just a coincidence," My grandma shook her head.

"Grandma this stuff happens all the time," I said.

"Ida, have you seen my watch?" My grandpa asked.

I gave my grandma a look, "Okay, well I'm gonna go to work."

"Bye hon, love you," my grandma said.

"Bye, have fun!" My grandpa smiled.

"Bye," I said and left.

I decided I'd stop at Meredith's and see how Izzie was doing.

"Honey, I'm home!" I shouted as I entered Meredith's house. I walked into the kitchen and saw Meredith and George and waffles, really good looking waffles. "Oh shit you made waffles." I grabbed a few and piled them onto a plate.

"Yeah, I made extra," Meredith rolled her eyes.

"Sweet," I took a bite, "Izzie still in her room?"

"Yeah, I haven't seen her come out since," George said.

I shook my head, "This all sucks."

"Yeah," Meredith sighed.

"Hey!" the three of us said, as Izzie entered the kitchen.

She didn't say anything. She was still wearing her dress. She walked to cabinet and grabbed a glass.

"Iz why don't we go and change you into some different clothes to change into," Meredith said.

She didn't say anything and filled her glass with water.

I sighed, "Iz."

She didn't say anything and left the kitchen.

"We should probably go, if we don't wanna be late." I said.

"Yeah," George sighed.

The three of us got in my car, and spent the whole way driving there in silence. I'm not quite sure if it was because of Izzie or maybe George and Meredith had a secret of their own. Every so often I would think of saying something but would decide against it. Once we had reached the hospital, we all hurried out of the car and went to get ready for rounds.

"So I guess Izzie's really quit then," Cristina said.

"Even if she changed her mind, they aren't gonna let a nut like that back into the program," Alex said.

"Alex!" I scolded him, "Guys she's really taking this whole thing hard."

"But it's true, why would they want her back?" Alex continued.

I sighed.

"Izzie's our friend, let's not talk about her like this," Meredith said, putting an end to the conversation.

"30 seconds til rounds, let's go people," Bailey opened the door and barked at us.

The five us of us scurried out the room and followed Bailey.

"Dr.Bailey," Addison said, "Could I get an intern please?"

"Dixon, go with Dr.Montgomery," Bailey said.

I sighed and followed Addison, "So what we got?"

"Uh," Addison started, I could tell she was uncomfortable, "A woman with uh, a foreign object stuck inside of her."

I followed her in as she opened the door. I saw what looked to be two people having sex, right there.

"Don't move like that! I told you that hurts!" The woman yelled.

"Ouch! You're on my bad knee!" The man yelled.

"I'm sorry I thought your bad knee was on the left."

"18 years of marriage and you still don't know which knee is the bad one!"

"The foreign object is her husband," Addison said.

"Uhh. . ." I wasn't sure what to say. I looked over to Addison confused.

"Ex-Husband!" the two shouted in unison.

"You had to go and get a piercing done didn't you?" The woman said.

"Stop you're embarrassing me," the man complained.

"What's embarrassing is meeting your husband for lunch with your ex-husband still attached! How long is this gonna take? I really don't want him finding out."

"Well first we have to find out what the piercing is caught on," Addison said.

"Okay," The woman sighed.

"Do you have an piercings?" Addison asked.

"Me? No!" The woman jumped up.

"Ow!" Her husband yelled.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she whispered.

"I sell real estate," The woman said.

"What's that supposed to mean? I sell real estate too."

"We've been divorced for five years, but we keep running into each other. You know, work stuff. We get together sometimes. It's stupid and weak. And it is never happening again!"

"Okay well, Dr.Dixon is going to check on the x-rays, and then we'll take it from there, okay?" Addison said, "But um, you might wanna cancel your lunch plans.

"Ah you two need stay completely still so we can get a clear picture," I said.

The two of them wouldn't stop fighting while we were taking the x-ray.

"I'm in hell!" The woman shouted.

"Mom?" A girl burst into the room, "Dad?"

"Scratch that, now I'm in hell." The woman said.

"Oh the shit show just never ends," I said quietly under my breath.

"Uh Jennifer? Maybe you want to go wait in the-"

"You guys are so paying for my therapy, and a new car, and my rent."

"Of course sweetie," Her dad said.

"Oh, go ahead, coddle her. But you are old enough to know your parents are sexual beings and they make mistakes."

"Oh is that what you call this? A mistake?" The girl shouted, "Mom? A mistake? Cause I call this once again you being a slut!"

"Hey! You don't talk to me like that I am your mother!"

"Yeah and what a great role model you turned out to be!"

"Okay uh Jennifer maybe-" I started.

"Look at you, cheating on your husband with your ex-husband. God! And daddy what are you doing? I thought you had finally moved on? You said you were gonna start dating."

"It's complicated honey."

"Well," Addison said, entering the room and putting the x-ray up on the viewing box, "It looks like your IUD has dislodged from your uterus, hooked onto your husbands piercing and is embedded in your husband's wall."

"Did she say piercing?" Jennifer asked.

"Daughter," I said to Addison.

"Perfect," she responded.

"Okay Yang," Addison said, "Lift Mr.Sonja's leg a little to the left."

"Trying!" She responded.

Cristina and I had been given the task of trying to pull the two apart.

"Yang," Webber said, "Move his leg about 20 degrees to the right."

"Ow!" the two of them yelled.

"Okay perfect," Addison said, "Now Dixon, swirl Ms.Becker counterclockwise."

"Swirl?" I asked.

"Swirl."

"Okay," I responded. I began to gently swirl the woman.

"Oh Tracy," the man said.

"David not now!"

"Okay good," Addison said, "Now gently pull them apart."

"Oh no," The woman said.

"One, two, three."

We slowly started to pull them apart, but stopped when the man's heart rate went up and he started yelling.

"He's having a heart attack!" I shouted.

"Oh thank god," Cristina muttered, "I mean code blue!"

I started doing compressions.

"We need to get him to an OR now, or he could die. He's tearing through his aorta," Webber said.

"Let's move people!" Webber said.

"I'm so glad this is over," I said.

I sat in the gallery with Meredith, George, and Alex, watching the surgery.

"How? How does that even happen?" Meredith asked.

"I don't fucking know, but it was nasty as hell," I shook my head, "The best part is that's her ex-husband."

"Her ex-husband?" Meredith questioned.

"Her ex-husband."

"Wow," George said.

"Anyone else on-call tonight?" I asked.

"I am," Alex said, less than enthusiastic.

I sighed, "I feel you, this has been the longest day."

"I gotta go talk to Shepherd about a patient, I'll be back," I got up and walked down the hall trying to find Shepherd. After searching a few minutes I had found him, "Hey Dr.Shepherd?"

"Yes Dr.Dixon."

"I just wanna make sure, my grandpa's surgery, it's still scheduled for Thursday and everything's good?" I asked.

"Yes, everything's fine, there's no need to worry," he reassured me.

"Okay, awesome thanks," I said, "I'm just uh really nervous about it, it's a big procedure."

He nodded, "I'm very confident everything will go well, there's nothing to worry about."

My pager started beeping, "Okay well I'll see you later, I'm being paged to the ER."

"Alright," he smiled.

I smiled back and started to make my way down to the ER.

"Hey Brandy," I turned around to his voice, "Don't worry about it."

I gave him a smile and nodded.

"You get paged to the ER too?" Alex asked, meeting up with me.

"Yeah," I sighed, "Hopefully better than some guy's piercing stuck inside his wife."

We made to it to the ER and found Bailey.

"What we got?" Alex asked.

"We got a patient coming in," Bailey said.

Alex and I grabbed gowns and gloves and followed Bailey outside.

"This better be good," Alex said.

"Yeah, no piercings stuck on an IUD."

Bailey shot me a look.

"It was a patient from earlier," I said quietly.

"Okay let's get get ready people," Bailey said as the ambulance rolled up to the doors.

The doors opened and an EMT came out.

"What we got?" Bailey asked.

They carried out the stretcher and I saw a familiar face. I froze. I didn't know what to do.

"Edwin Scott, 76, diagnosed with stage three Glioblastoma multiforme. Wife called when he collapsed," the EMT stated.

"Heart attack?" Alex interrupted.

The EMT nodded his head.

"Okay uh well page DR.Griffin, he may need surgery," Bailey said.

"Dr.Griffin is already in surgery," Alex said.

"Is Burke-" Bailey asked, then stopped herself when she realized,"Karev, go check in with him and tell him we need him now, and Dixon you're with me."

I didn't say anything to her. I just stood there staring at him. Just laying there. I should've told Shepherd to do the surgery earlier. Just three days earlier, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Or if I had done it when he first recommended it, weeks ago. He could be living, tumor free. No more seizures, no more headaches, no more hospital visits, no more tumors. I walked up closer to the stretcher and looked down at him.

"Dixon. Dixon!" Bailey yelled at me, "Why aren't you moving? Move now!"

"His surgery to remove the tumor is in three days. Shepherd recommended it weeks ago, but I told him that-" tears started to roll down my cheek, "I told Shepherd that my grandma wouldn't want it for him. I did this."

-

"How are you doing?" Meredith asked.

"I'm fine," I nodded my head.

I sat in the waiting room, while my grandpa got prepped for surgery.

"Can I get you anything?" Meredith asked.

I shook my head, "No thanks, I think I'm gonna lay down for awhile."

She nodded, "Okay."

I got up and walked down the hall to the on-call room. I sat down on one of the beds and just sat there. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't sure if I should go find my grandma or watch my grandpa's surgery or what. It all seemed to be happening so quickly. I decided to just stay where I was. No one could bother me in here. This wasn't fair. It wasn't fair at all.

I quickly wiped my eyes as I heard the door open. I looked up and saw it was Mark.

"I can leave if you want," he said.

"Uh no it's fine, I was just about to go."

"No you can stay, I'll go somewhere else."

"No really it's fine," I stood up.

He turned on the light and I quickly put my hands up to my face trying to wipe away any evidence that I was crying.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's fine," I sighed and walked to the door.

He stood in front of the door, "Are you sure?"

I stepped back, "Uh my grandpa's in surgery right now, he had a heart attack."

"Oh I'm sorry," he said, stepping closer to me.

"It's fine, it's probably nothing," I said, looking down at the ground.

I felt his arms wrap around me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He didn't say anything but just pulled me into a hug. I rested my head into his chest and sighed. Neither of us said anything or moved for a few minutes. I found it odd how I noticed how good he smelt and how warm his body felt against my face. I pulled away and planted my lips on his. I'm not sure why I did it, but he kissed me back. He placed his hands on my hips and spun me around and lightly pushed me against the door. I reached down and locked the door. I put my hands back on his sides and pushed him over to the bed.

~

Aw Arizona. BUT THINGS ARE GETTING MCSTEAMY. Do you guys think they slept together or what? But poor grandpa. :'( This is maybe like the most intense chapter I've written and I have been so patient waiting to post it, I'm so happy to finally be publishing it!! Hope y'all enjoyed.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

9.9K 243 36
As a young women you will find your way in this world. You are working hard to make your dream come true and that's becoming a surgeon. Everything lo...
1.6M 40.9K 70
๐‡๐”๐‘๐“๐’ ๐’๐Ž ๐†๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ | grey's anatomy ๐‰๐€๐‚๐Š๐’๐Ž๐ ๐€๐•๐„๐‘๐˜ when their love hurts so good because it's complicated. ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ - ๏ฟฝ...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.3M 34K 98
โI'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.โž She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...