NOT FINISHED/ORIGINAL VERSION...

By Lemonade___Tears

Hello! I'm completely redoing this story. This was such a fun project and my first real experience with writi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two: Hidden Enemy
Chapter 3: Clone Wars Movie p1
Chapter 4: Clone Wars Movie p2
Chapter 5: Rookies
Chapter 6: Jedi Crash
Chapter 7: Defenders of peace
Chapter 8: Resolute Fun
Chapter 9: Trespassers
Chapter 10: Blue Shadow Virus
Chapter 11: Coruscant
Chapter 13: Meet the Parents
Chapter 14: Goodbyes
Chapter 15: Joyful Reunions
Chapter 16: Holocron Heist
Chapter 17: Cargo of Doom
Chapter 18: The Zillo Beast
Chapter 19: Dark Side of Love
Update!
A Secret Rendezvous

Chapter 12: Wishes

4.8K 106 83
By Lemonade___Tears

Wishes

"Welcome to my humble home," you said with a sleepy grin. The lights were bright as Rex slipped his brand new fancy shoes off and walked into the common room. Your furniture wasn't extravagant, but it wasn't exactly plain and simple like most Jedi homes. The house was small but well furnished.

"Wow, Cyar'ika," he murmured, eyes wide and roaming. You locked the door, walked across the cold, wooden flooring, then hugged him from behind.

Longing for his approval, you quietly and shyly asked, "You like it?"

"A lot more than the barracks," he said with a small laugh, shifting slightly to look at your short form. Your eyes were closed as you held on to him, heart happy and content. Rex was a bit startled as he whispered, "Are you sleeping already?"

"No, I'm not. I still need to give you a tour," you said with a yawn. Pulling away from him, you gestured to the living room. "There's this room, my room, and a bathroom."

"It looked a lot bigger on the outside," he said sofly. "I didn't think your kitchen would be appart of the living room."

"It's basically blocked off by the countertops and cabinets," you said with a shrug. You dragged Rex to your couch and picked up a remote, completely forgetting about your plan for a tour. "Come watch a movie with me!"

Rex frowned. "Cyar'ika, it's late and you're tired. You should be sleeping," he said in vain. He cared for you so much, and that made your heart flip. But, he could be a bit overprotective.

"We won't get this opportunity for a long time, Rex. And that's if I'm being optimistic," you said. Still, he sceptically looked down at you, his worry evident in every way. Rex was very strong willed, and you loved that about him. But, being pretty stubborn yourself, the two of you often squabbled about random things.

"You need to rest, (N)," Rex ordered in his captain voice. You raised a single brow at him, his worried but loving expression caused your heart to pound. Smiling wryly, you stared into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Ner Alor'ad, we might not get this chance again. Ever."

Rex sighed and ran his hand over the back of his head. Looking out towards your balcony, he said in an almost broken voice, "You don't think I know that?"

You shake your head, eyes roaming his powerful body. "No, Rex. I think you get that more than anybody."

"You might just be right about that," Rex muttered. The room was cold as you waited for the heaters to kick in. With a delicate touch, you grabbed his hands and pulled him beside you on the couch.

"I'll sleep after you tell me what's wrong," you said to Rex. It was obvious something was bothering him, and it wasn't about you not sleeping. You watched as he debated opening up to you, and you felt his sorrow grow as his walls broke down. Without thinking, your fingers gently traced the side of his face, and he leaned into your hand. "Talk to me, Rex."

"Survivor's remorse."

Your heart sunk. His voice was so sad, broken. Rex's hand rose and covered yours, eyes dark and focused on the ground.

"You're a strong, kind man with an even stronger heart," you paused to kiss the back of his hand and then his cheek. Even so, Rex refused to meet your gaze. "There's no need for you to feel guilty."

"It isn't fair that I'm here and the men who've died under my command aren't," he said. Shaking your head, you smiled at him.

"Rex, it's not your fault," you said sincerely. He just sighed loudly.

"The way we clones are treated just isn't right. Today was the first time I had real food, not rations or flavorless garbage."

"Yeah. I hadn't seen you that excited since we started dating," you joked. His tense body relaxed, and he smiled at you.

"I even imagined punching my general across the face," Rex said with a brilliant, devilish grin.

"Which is totally normal for anyone who knows Anakin," you said with a smirk. He laughed, his pain numbed for the moment. How you wished there was a way to take his internal anguish away permanently.

"It was an interesting first date," Rex said with a raised brow and a suggestive look.

Hitting him gently with a pillow, you said, "And it's not over. Why don't we talk for a bit?"

Laughing, Rex responded with, "I thought you wanted to watch a movie."

You rolled your eyes. "Well, I've changed my mind."

With a smirk, Rex layed back on the couch and pulled you on top of him. You shrieked with laughter as he pinned you against his muscular chest, his powerful arms ensnaring your being. He raised a single brow, that grin still present, and asked, "What you want to know, Cyar'ika?"

Sighing, you wrapped your arms around him. "Who's your best friend?"

You snuggled closer, careful to avoid the buttons on his shirt. Rex rubbed your back as he contemplated his answer.

"Cody."

"Ahh, I saw that coming. I'm surprised he hasn't threatened to break me if I broke your heart," you said.

Rex chuckled. "I warned him not to. He's known I liked you since before Christophsis."

You closed your eyes and listened to the steady beat of his noble heart. "When did you tell him?"

"After the battle of Tibrin. I was nearly blacked out drunk-"

You shifted and smiled at him. "How often do you two go drinking?"

Rex snorted. "More often than I'd care to admit. Can I continue?"

Giggling, you lay against him again and dramatically said, "You have my permission."

"Thanks," he said with playful sarcasm. "Anyway, Cody kept trying to set me up on dates. I told him it was against the rules and I wouldn't go on one. He knew I was lying and already had my sights set on someone. Took 'em ten tries to get your name out of me."

You playfully slapped his side."Only ten tries, ner Alor'ad?" you asked. He laughed.

"I think he bribed me with ice cream or something."

"I thought today was the first time you had real food?" you questioned.

"Cyar'ika, he lied and I didn't even get any," Rex said as he gave you that puppy dog pout. You blushed and looked away.

"I guess even if he did give you some, ice cream isn't actual food," you murmured. Rex rolled his golden brown eyes.

"You change your mind a lot," Rex said with an amused grin.

"That might be true, but I'll never change my mind about you," the words are out of your mouth before you had the chance to think about them. Rex's eyes go wide as he stared at you, cheeks flushed, and lips curled up into a surprised smile.

"I hope that's good," he said. You wink at him.

"Yep. It's a good thing. After all, ni kar'ta gar darsum," you said, absolutely butchering the Mandalorian word for, "I love you."

Rex roared with laughter as you blushed. After he stopped, Rex gently caught your chin with his fingers, and had you look at him. "Ni kar'tayli gar darasuum. And I mean it."

He sat up, and you moved up with him. The passion and love you felt from Rex shocked you, and his eyes burned with desire. Instinctively, your eyes closed as his head tilted to grant him better access to your mouth. Like always, he hesitated for a brief second, then pressed his lips to yours. His lips were soft, a bit chapped, and he was so gentle, as if he was afraid he'd break you. Rex's hand moved to cup your cheek as he slowly pressed you back. It was electric, your heart pounded as you felt his elation mixed with yours. By the time you pulled away to catch your breath, Rex had already swapped your positions. Now you were the one with your back pressed against the crimson couch. Your eyelashes fluttered lustfully as Rex beamed down at you.

"Don't think I've had the pleasure of seeing this expression before," Rex joked. Your hands caressed his handsome face.

"Rex," you muttered. His dark brows knit together, familiar creases appearing across his forehead.

"Yes?"

You pouted. "Idiot, you're running the mood."

With a cocky smirk, he said, "I'll just have to fix that..." With his free hand, his fingers roamed down your body. You nearly screamed when his sensual moments turned into a full blown tickle fest.

"Rex!" you yelled between giggles as you tried to catch your breath. He just laughed in response. Your slender fingers slipped under his shirt and tickled his sides, not that you didn't quickly run them across his abbs first. This continued until he accidentally rolled off the couch and you ended up on top of him again.

Still catching his breath, Rex asked, "Did I fix the mood?"

Chuckling, you got off of his chest and sat down on the floor beside him. "I guess yes. I wasn't expecting this, but I probably should have."

Rex smiled at you. The way he was able to look at you like you were the most beautiful person in the galaxy still took your breath away. You and Rex were perfectly content and at peace with life at the moment.

"You do know me better than anyone, Cyar'ika."

Blushing, you grinned back at him. "I still can't believe I was so lucky," you started. Rex propped himself up on one elbow and watched you curiously. "You're such an amazing guy."

Rex blinked, eyes narrowed ever so slightly. "You're givin' me to much credit. I would have buried my feelings for you long ago if you weren't, well, you."

Your eyes felt heavy with sleep deprivation. It was later than you had expected, but you didn't want your time together to end. "Was I super obvious?"

Rex sat up and smiled. "Don't you remember when you said, 'Be safe, Rex. I love that smile,' out loud?"

Your automatic response was facepalming as you groaned. "I was an idiot and I hoped you didn't hear that."

"Oh, I did, and so did Cody," Rex said with a cocky grin.

"I want to punch my past self for being such an idiot," you muttered, embarrassed beyond words. Rex smiled and took your hand.

"Don't say that. It's because of what you said that I gained the courage to make a move," he boasted. Smiling, you wrapped your arms around his neck, and he hugged you close. You breathed in his scent and felt a calmness settle over you.

"I've never been a real fan of longing for things I can't have," you said aloud, eyes closed and weary. "But I wish we could stay like this forever."

"Me too, Cyar'ika," Rex said, enjoying your warmth and the feeling of your body pressed against his. You felt so safe in his arms, like nothing bad could possibly happen. He was so strong and comforting that you didn't even realize you had fallen asleep. Your grip around his neck became loose as your breathing fell into a steady rhythm.

Chuckling lightly to himself, Rex carefully picked you up bridal style. He let out a small huff as he stared at your sleeping face, the faintest blush dusting his cheeks. Since you hadn't given him an actual tour of the house, it took him a moment to locate your room. With ease, he carried you in and tucked you into bed. After kissing your forehead, Rex paused to look around your room. It was messy, but full of all the things you loved. He glanced back at your sleeping form, then went to get the new pajamas you bought him earlier.

When the bed creaked, and you felt the plush mattress dip down, you realized Rex must have carried you to your room and tucked you in awhile ago. Smiling, you rolled over and used his chest as a pillow before he had the chance to pull the blankets up. Rex was a bit startled by your actions, and his heart rate increased.

"You're awake?"

With a yawn, you shook your head. "Good night, ner Alor'ad. I love you."

Rex pulled the soft covers up to your neck then kissed the top of your head. "Good night."

You hummed, eyes closed and half asleep, but still said, "No Mando'a for me to fret over?"

Rex laughed quietly, your head jostled slightly by the rise and fall of his chest as he tried to suppress his laughter. "Good night," he repeated.

Smiling, your fingers gripped his silky shirt as you drifted off into a soundless and peaceful sleep.

Nightmares

"What's going on?" Rex thought as he walked across the dusty, blood red plains of Geonosis, the 501st walking behind him. There were great, towering rock formations, but no Geonosians. With a small smile, he thought of you and how happy you would be if they were all gone. Rex knew how much you hated the planet, that almost all of your worst nightmares were set there. He understood why.

Rex knew he was dreaming because you weren't by his side and his feet seemed to carry him across the parched landscape without thinking, his steps echoed by the huge group of troops behind him. Even so, the sun still seemed blindingly bright, and he realized he wasn't wearing his helmet. Looking to his left, he saw Skywalker, hood drawn and dark bags under his eyes.

When Rex looked forward, he was no longer marching across the desert, but he was right in the middle of the Petranaki Arena, directly across from you. Rex drew in a sharp breath, instantly realizing what was going on. You were chained to a tall pole, hands cuffed above your head, body beaten and bruised, gorgeous eyes dull and lackluster, until they settled upon him.

"Rex," you yelled. "Come help me!"

He tried to move, but his feet were stuck firmly on the ground. General Skywalker handed him a blaster, and he instantly recognised this reoccurring nightmare as the one all of his brothers, including himself, faced. He broke out into a cold sweat.

"Execute Order 66," Skywalker said in an emotionless voice. And, like every other time, he had no control of his body no matter how hard he tried to move. But, this time, he had to execute you. He raised the blaster at the level of your beautiful face, and watched as your eyes went wide with shock and betrayal.

Rex's hand was shaking, and all he could say was, "No," as his body moved on its own. How many times had his brothers woken up crying and broken over this one nightmare, the one where the clone is forced to kill the Jedi they care for most? Now, as he heard you cry out his name and beg him to stop, he felt like the worst person in the galaxy. Despite his greatest attempts to move and the tears that fell down his cheeks, he felt his finger pull the trigger.

"Rex," you said, shaking his body as he fearfully moaned, "No," over and over again in his sleep, each time the word becoming louder and louder, until he sat up abruptly, eyes wide and horrified. His hand shakily ran over the side of his head, body tense and breathin rapid.

"Rex," you repeated again, louder than the last time as you wrapped your arms around him and embraced him. He was so terrified, his fear breaking your heart. Wordlessly, he returned your loving embrace, and held you as he struggled to contain his tears and regain his grip on reality. You gently rubbed his back, the early light of dawn barely managed to filter through your blinds. Recalling what Rex said to you on Naboo, you said, "K'uur, k'uur, ner Alor'ad."

Rex clung to you tighter, breaths ragged and erotic. You stroked his soft, short hair and back until he finally recovered from whatever had occurred in his nightmare. You carefully tilted Rex's head so you could see his face. His lips were parted ever so slightly, eyes dull, expression defeated.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, eyes still locked onto yours like it would be the last time he saw them. "I'm so sorry."

"Whatever you saw, the horrible things that happened didn't happen and won't," you said, your own eyes pricked with tears from seeing your loved one so tormented. "I have them too, you've sat with me as I screamed and cried about my nightmares. They aren't real, and you aren't a monster."

Rex huffed, lips curled into a fond, small smile as he framed your face. "You always know exactly what to say."

Smiling, you pressed your lips to his. Your hands curled against his chest as you kissed him intimately. After breaking appart, you pressed your forehead against his. "You don't have to tell me, and I won't ask what happened. Just know that I love you and always will."

He sighed and layed back on the bed. "Same to you," he said calmly. You snuggled up against him and pulled the blankets up. He was so warm and pleasant to be next to. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 5.7K 34
You've recently become a nurse serving the First Order. So far your life was uneventful and unimportant...you felt useless in a sense. Everything cha...
348K 8.8K 110
Male Jedi reader insert #10 in Ahsoka #2 in starwarsfanfiction #1 in theclonewars #37 in starwars /// y/n and the clones finally loaded the crates. H...
5.2K 225 12
*discontinued* -------------- Anakin Skywalker X fem!reader (AU Medieval) --------------- This world may be an actual nightmare, it may be on fire, b...
125K 2.9K 83
Ahsoka and Rex have been together for almost a year now, through many hard times like Umbara for instance. No body knows about them... except for Cod...