For A Reason {Mark Sloan} - C...

By runninginfear

" According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two... More

one::
two::
three::
four::
five::
six::
seven::
eight::
ten::
eleven::
twelve::
thirteen::
fourteen::
fifteen::
sixteen::
seventeen::
eighteen::
Life is short.
nineteen ::
twenty::
twenty one::
twenty two::
twenty three::
twenty four::
twenty five:::
twenty six:::
twenty seven:::
twenty eight :::
twenty nine:::
thirty :::
thirty one:::
thirty two:::
thirty three:::
thirty four:::
thirty five:::
thirty six:::
thirty seven:::
thirty eight:::
thirty nine:::
forty:::
forty one:::
forty two:::
forty three:::
forty four:::
forty five:::
forty six:::
forty seven:::
THANK YOU
forty eight:::
forty nine:::
fifty::::
fifty one::::
fifty two::::
fifty three::::
fifty four::::
fifty five:::::
fifty six::::
fifty seven::::
fifty eight:::::
fifty nine::::
The End.

nine::

12.5K 214 55
By runninginfear

"No, I'm not giving you an x-Ray, you don't have any fractures," I said throwing my gloves in the garbage, and leaving the trauma room.

Mark followed me out, "I think I'm the one who got punched, give me an x-Ray."

I stopped walking and turned around, I looked up at him, our faces were only a couple inches away from him as I wasn't much shorter than him, "Listen, I don't know what your fucking problem is or why you're even here but I'm not dealing with you, either you get your sorry ass outta here and quit harassing everybody, or quit being such a douche bag, and find someone else to take your x-Ray of your fucking face and leave me alone."

Everything was quiet, I looked around and saw everyone staring.

He laughed at me, "You know that was really sexy." He smirked at me.

I scoffed, "Did you not hear a single word I said?"

"Do you wanna have sex?" He asked me.

I laughed, "Oh god, you're really not helping yourself, and also that's very inappropriate."

"Scared of having a little fun?" He said winking at me.

"Honestly get the hell outta here, I fixed your face now leave before I fuck it back up again" I said, raising my voice.

"What the hell is going on down here?" Webber asked, "This is a hospital not a fighting session

"Nothing sorry Chief, Mark was just gonna leave," I said giving him a look.

"I wanna talk to Addison first," he said.

"Derek!" I heard Addison shout.

"Why are you still here?" Shepherd said, walking up to Mark.

"Okay everybody, just relax, I'm sure we can figure this-" I said, then stopped myself as Mark punched Derek in the nose, "Out."

«»

Mark, Derek, and I sat in Dr.Webber's office. Derek was holding an ice  pack to his nose and Mark one on his hand.

"You know Chief, I really don't think I need to be here, this isn't really my business," I said standing up.

"Sit," he said.

I sat back down and sighed.

"I assume you all know why you're here," Webber said.

"I know why those two are here," I said pointing to my left and right, at Mark and Derek, "They're fucking psychos and punch each other left and right, but I'm not sure why I'm here."

Webber sighed, "What don't you two understand about this being a hospital, not a fighting arena? And you," he said looking at me, "Enough with the potty mouth, you're a surgical intern not a sailor."

"You three go, and Brandy make sure those two don't get into any trouble," Webber said, sending us out.

I walked out of Webber's office, annoyed.

«»

"I swear the guy's a crazy, I don't even know what, just, crazy," I said, biting into my sandwich.

Cristina, George, Alex and I were sitting in the abandoned hospital hall, eating lunch.

"Crazy hot," Cristina said.

"Really?" I said, knitting my eyebrows together, "I mean, oh god he is, I didn't even notice, he was being such a douche I guess, holy shit. Aww, he asked me to have sex with him."

"Yeah not even surprised with the douche part," Alex said, "He totally pulls off the whole I slept with my best friend's wife look perfectly."

"McDreamy, McHottie, and McSteamy," I said.

"McSteamy, I like that," Cristina said.

"Why is he here?" George asked, "Did Webber ask him for a surgery? Like he did with Addison?"

"Yeah, he needs him to give some old lady double D's," I said, taking another bite of my sandwich.

Alex laughed.

"You know plastic surgeons do more than that," Cristina said.

"Quit defending the guy," I said.

"I am not," Cristina said.

"You so are, you know if you want to have sex with him, he probably already has it out of pants," I said.

"What's your problem with him?" George asked.

"He's a big dick," I said.

"He probably has a big dick," Cristina said.

"Seriously? You're disgusting," I said.

"Come on, you know he's hot, hot as fuck," Cristina said.

"Okay he is, but still I don't like him," I said, "He got me in trouble, and I had to fix his face, which he ended up doing himself, instead of scrubbing in with Shepherd."

  «»  

I followed behind Shepherd to the patient's room. I was excited for this one, more than I usually was. Surprisingly I had liked working on neuro more than I had thought I would.

"Dr.Dixon, book an OR," Shepherd told me.

When we reached the room I heard a familiar voice, "It's precision work, it won't be easy work."

"Dr.Sloan," Shepherd said.

He turned around.

"Can I help you with something?" Shepherd asked.

"He says he can fix my face! Make me look like normal!" The boy said.

"Ah shit," I muttered.

  «» 

"What'd he say?" Alex asked. 

The two of us were watching Mark and Derek fight in Webber's office.

"Something about a crack whore?" I said.

"Oh he's not calling him a crack whore," Alex said.

"Shut up, I'm trying to read lips," I said.

"You shut up, crack whore," Alex said, rolling his eyes.

"Gestures, Shepherd's giving big gestures." I said.

"What you got?" George asked.

"Sloan and Shepherd battling it out," Alex said.

"Ooo It's getting good," I said.

"There's a woman down in the ER," George said, "Having spontaneous orgasams."

Alex and I both looked at him, then back at each other. All three of us raced down the hall.

Mark's POV

"That is not the point!" Derek yelled at me.

"The point is the kid wants his face fixed."

"No! The point is you wanna get published!" 

"Well yeah," I admitted, "I'm sure your chief of surgery does too. The press loves a good before and after shot Richard."

"Call me Dr.Webber," he scolded me, "Derek out of friendship to you, I'd very much like to say no to this jackass, but as chief."

"No, please don't say it," Derek said.

"If you can get the parent's to sign the consent form," Webber said.

"Round two goes to the jackass," I smiled.

Brandy's POV

"You're drawing  medial to the tumor," Alex said.

The two of us watched, as Mark drew on the boy's face.

"Yeah, it's a guideline for what the bone structure should be," he said.

"You hear that? I'm gonna have bone structure," the boy said.

"Jake," his mom said, entering the room with his dad.

"What do you think?" Jake said.

"Could you stop doing that for a minute, please?" his dad asked.

Mark gave the man a look, and set down the marker.

"Jake," his dad said, "Jake, I'm sorry, this brain surgery is very dangerous."

"No. Don't say that. Y-You don't get to change your mind."

"I know Dr.Sloan has made you some big promises," Derek said, sitting next to Jake, "But the bony tumors inside your skull are bad."

"I don't care!" Jake said.

"The bleeding will be hard to control, I just want you to understand," Shepherd said.

"This has nothing to do with the plastic surgery, if I'm gonna be under the knife anyway," Jake protested.

I listened as the three of them bickered.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Mark said, "But Jake is actually right."

Shepherd scoffed.

"Why put him through a second surgery and a second round of anesthesia. It's much safer to do it all at once."

"Honey, we just wanna focus on keeping you alive," his mom said.

"Mom, I almost died when I was 10, and when I was 12, and then again last year. I'm still alive. I say we go for it," Jake said, "Look, I know you think I'm perfect just the way I am, but that's your job to do that. For once in my life, I'd like to think that I'm someone else thought that. Please? Please?"

  «» 

Everything ended up working out, as I got to scrub in on a surgery with Shepherd, and Sloan, but I was still excited.

I watched as Dr.Shepherd opened Jake's skull. 

"Is it harder to get through the bony tumors?" Alex asked.

"It's a little more dense," Shepherd said.

"Basin. This is done," he said, placing the saw in the in it, "Hang another unit of blood."

"I got it," I said, hanging up the bag of blood.

"Son of bitch," I heard Shepherd say, as the monitors started to beep.

"We're losing him," a nurse said.

I got nervous as his pressure dropped, I watched as Shepherd ordered more blood.

"Paddles, give me paddles now," Mark said.

I watched as Mark tried to bring him back but it was too late.

After awhile it was just Alex and I cleaning up in the OR.

"A shame he never got his face fixed," Alex said.

I looked up at him, "I've got an idea."

  «» 

"Alright, I got the parent's approval," Mark said, walking into the OR.

Alex and I started to put masks over our faces, "You don't really need those," Mark interrupted.

"Yeah, right," Alex said, the two of us taking them off our faces.

"Scalpel."

  «» 

Okay funny story time, my friend was at the hospital because her grandma had a heart attack, not the funny part by the way, and her grandma's doctor was Dr.Yang and she was working in cardio. A sign that maybe Cristina is coming back to Grey's? I think so!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 133 17
⎯⎯Greys Anatomy INTERN🩻🥼🩺 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 a group of 6 start internship at Seattle grace and get more than they hoped for. DEREK SHEPHERD X READE...
25.5K 774 38
Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been offered chief at Seattle Grace stealing...
91.2K 1.9K 40
Now a Neurosurgeon fellow Dr. Sienna Connors is now looking for the perfect hospital to work at during her fellowship year and she hopes to become an...
520K 17.9K 163
Life has a funny way of humbling you. Knocking you down and for a while just to keep you there. No one prepares you for the hardships you will face...