Nerdy Love

By _imightbeInsane

You may think everything should be all peaches and cream for two nerds in love, but these aren't your average... More

Nerd.
Party
Crush Alert
School day
Mark these words
He spits a good game
Hoes.loveDomey
Imagine it
Me and You
Tears
Big Daddy
Sorry is Just a Word
Elise
Birthday
William Crowder
Emotions, Emotions, Emotions
Drewwww
What's Done in the Dark...
When it Rains...
In My Eyes
Something Major
Love does that
Reagan
Love and Loss
Love on the Brain
Moving on
World's Best Moms
Spring Break
Love Yours

Now what?

1.6K 68 10
By _imightbeInsane

November 16

Thanksgiving is next week, and everything in my life is worth being thankful for. My family is on one page. My mom and Dad worked their problems out, but I don't know what's going to happen with this other kid. I finally got the one I want. Most of all, my mom was making Banana Pudding. What more can I ask for?

"Babe you smiling hard as hell. You better not be thinking about Banana Pudding again." Dominic said. Micah, Makayla, Reagan, and Lucas all looked at me.

"I can't help it. I love that shit more than anything on this planet." I mumbled. My eyes rolled to the back of my head as I tasted it on my tongue.

"Are you having a food organism?" Micah asked.

"Well damn. Let Banana Pudding eat your pussy then." Dominic stated. I laughed rolling over to him on his bed and straddled him.

"That's your job." I told him.

"Dominic your mom wants to talk to you." Courtney announced walking in. He tensed under me.

Dominic's pov

"I don't have anything to say to her." I stated. All week, she had been trying to get in contact with me.

She doesn't understand that I don't want to have a relationship with her. She gave me up three years ago. Child services came to pick me up from her house, and she just sat on the couch as they guided me out.

She looked at me and told me straight up, "I'm not your mom anymore." As I begged them not to take me from her. She needed me, and if I left I knew she'd go off the deep end. When she looked at me and laughed as they still took me, it's like something clicked. She was right. I don't have a mom.

I don't care how high she was. She said she wasn't my mom anymore, so she's not. My Aunt stepped in and saved me from the foster system, so as far as I'm concerned, my aunt is the closet thing to a mom I've had since I was 13. She has raised me for the last three years, starting when I was 15, like she gave birth to me herself.

"Mici you have to talk to her sometime. Mom invited her for Thanksgiving." Courtney said. I turned my head to face her.

"I'm not saying two words to her, even if my life depends on it. Now, please stop talking to me about that woman." I stated.

Courtney shrugged walking out. She put the phone to her ear and I heard a comforting "It's ok Auntie."

The shit was not okay.

"You know I'm here for you right? If you ever want to talk about it, even if I'm in the middle of my third banana pudding, I'll pause everything for you." McKenna told me. I chuckled, looking up at her.

"Damn I love you." I mumbled. She smiled down at me.

"I love you to."

"You know you might wanna get up because we have company." I said.

"Fuck them."

"Fuck you." Reagan stated. McKenna laughed and climbed off of me.

"Do you have any episodes of Martin recorded?" Micah asked, grabbing the remote.

"Like Two." Dominic shrugged. I gasped.

Micah and I literally have every episode recorded at our house. Micah went to the two episodes. It was between the episode when Martin said women couldn't do the job of a man and the episode when they had a men vs. women cook off for thanksgiving. We decided on the Thanksgiving episode.

--

"Lucas when did you decide to switch squads?" Courtney asked. We were in Ihop eating pancakes in the middle of the day. Her and I were being cordial for the time being. Spending time with Doninic, I tend to run into her, I had to forgive her, but forgetting is the hard part.

"I didn't switch squads." Lucas said.

"But you used to be like Logan's best homie or whatever, now you're chilling with the one person he hates most on this planet." Courtney pointed out. Lucas thought for a second.

"I just realized who's real, and who just fucks with me because I'm their best choice." Lucas said. Courtney smiled.

"Good. I couldn't be crushing on no fake nigga."

Lucas smiled back.

(You all may have heard of Lucas Coly)

"New love!" I smiled. Courtney looked down at her plate blushing.

"You talking about new love. Girl you just unpacked yours. Calm down." Micah said. I rolled my eyes.

Dominic is my baby. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

--

Thanksgiving.

"McKenna how's school?" My Aunt Tracy asked. We were all sitting in our dining room eating.

"Great." I smiled as usual. My mom has a sister and one brother just like I do. Except, all of the children have one mom and one dad. There's Tracy, then Travis, and finally my mom, Trina.

Travis has one daughter: Ashleigh, and Tracy has twins: Corey and Lori, a boy and a girl. Travis is married to Joslin, and Tracy's husband's name is Cameron. We come from a long line of long marriages. There has not been a divorce in my family for five generations.

"When are we going to meet a boyfriend of yours? Every time we talk, you're single. You're not drifting towards the fence, are you?" Lori asked. She's our oldest cousin at the age of 23. She's two minutes older than Corey. She's always in other peoples business.

"Well-"

Dominic walked into the kitchen and everyone looked up at him.

"Dominic! What a nice surprise." My aunt Tracy smiled.

"Would you like us to fix you a plate?" Lori asked.

"I would love that." Dominic told her, and she disappeared into the kitchen.

He greeted everyone else separately. He's more friendly to my family than I am. I think they like him more than me to be honest. Lori handed him his plate and he took the empty chair to my right.

"So McKenna. Are you going to answer our question? Do you have a boyfriend or are you still in love with your books as you would say?" Lori reasked. I rolled my eyes and looked at Dominic.

"I've been seeing someone for about two weeks now actually." I finally answered. She stopped questioning me and her and her mom turned their attention to Ashleigh.

Dominic was starring at me. I didn't know why. I just knew that he didn't look happy. We finished our food and everyone dispersed. Ashleigh, Makayla, and I found our way into my room. We laid parallel on my bed.

"Why didn't you claim Dominic?" Makayla asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You answered in third person. You should have seen Dominic's face. He looked hurt, but he tried to brush it off." Ashleigh explained. I sighed. I never meant to do that.

"I just knew that if I told them about Dominic, then they would ask me so many question, my head would be spinning and then they'd just do the same to him." I shrugged.

"I am sure he wouldn't have minded. He gets along with those people damn near better than we all do." Makayla said. I laughed.

"What are you girls talking about?" Micah asked walking in with Corey and Dominic. Corey was nothing like his sister. He was calm and laid back. He didn't want to be in everyone's face, quite the opposite of Lori actually.

They all invited themselves in, claiming seats on my couch.

"So Domey, what brings you here today?" Ashleigh asked.

"I didn't want to see my mom. She walked in the front door, and I snuck out the back." Dominic explained.

"Dominic don't you think your being unreasonable? She's your mom for crying out loud." I said. He just looked at me.

"That's what I thought until she disclaimed me," he scoffed. "Kind of like I thought you were my girlfriend until you neglected to claim me at the table."

"Dominic that wasn't-" he cut me off.

"It's whatever." He shook his head, but I knew it wasn't whatever. My phone buzzed and I picked it up.

Courtney Smith- have you seen Dominic?

I looked over at him glaring at me. I know he doesn't want to see his mom, but I know it's what he needs. I just shouldn't be the one making this decision. I tossed my phone to him. It landed in his lap. He looked down, but before he could read anything, it started ringing. He sat the phone down walking out of the room.

"What now?" I mumbled.

I walked over and picked the phone up.

Missed call from: Logan💔

I let out a deep breath before grabbing my phone and following him down the stairs.

"Where are you to going?" Lori asked as soon as we were downstairs.

"Just saying hello to Dominic's family." I told her. She shut up.

I followed Dominic out of the door.

"Dominic that's not what I wanted you to see." I said.

"So now you're keeping secrets? You're still talking to Logan? "He shook his head. "Never in a million years would I think that you of all people would do some shit like this to me." Dominic shook his head struggling not to raise his voice.

"Dominic I didn't disclaim you." I said.

"You weren't jumping for joy to announce that you were mine. I would have been ecstatic to tell the rest of my family that you finally let me in, and now..." He trailed off.

"Now what?" I asked. He looked down at me.

"Now what Dominic?" I asked. Tears threatened to pour from my eyes and I pulled myself close to him.

He didn't answer my question. He just simply unwrapped my hands from around him. I watched as he walked across the street, got into his car, and sped off down the road.

I wanted to break down so bad. I just wanted to cry in the middle of the street.

Courtney came out of her house, walking over to me.

"What's wrong?" she asked. I shook my head, knowing that words would bring the tears, and the lump in my throat was too painful for words anyways. I starred at the road he had just drove down.

Did Dominic just break up with me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 3.2K 21
❤️ #Chicklit #Humor #Romance #NewAdult The moment was profound. The moment was mine. The moment was all that I dreamt it could be. Little did I know...
203 15 87
Lo, who has always struggled to understand the meaning of the word "Love", meets someone that seems to be caught up with the exact same problem.. but...
1K 49 14
Love isn't by choice, and neither were there circumstances. But still this odd pair decide to disobey fate, and make some memories that they will for...
174 15 25
This type, it's more than being C.C.S.F's. Cute, couple - ish, shippable Friends. Being fifteen doesn't come in between Your decision of starting tha...