The Angel's Ambivalence [Naru...

By dawnsnotebook

~Sequel to: "I Got Caught In A Storm... And Now I'm Stuck In Naruto!?"~ It's been two and a half years since... More

The Angel's Ambivalence
A Single Rose
Homecoming
The Reunion
Mission: Rescue The Kazekage!
The Sand Village
Crushes, Encounters, and Games
Jinchuriki
Battling Emotions
The Kazekage's Resurrection
Keys, Missions, and Kisses
Awkward Situations and Rescues
Nightmares Come To Life
My Doppelganger
Dangerous Accusations
The Deal
The Plan
Mission: Kill Scarlett: Failed
The New Teammate
It's Official... We Hate You!
Tenchi Bridge
Sai's Real Mission
Team 7: Reunited
Dangerous Curiosity
Unwelcomed
Split Personalities
My Charm Bracelet
The New Deal
Luna's Vision
Scarlett's Philosophy
Meeting Jugo
Truth or Dare?
Just Tonight
Ryuu vs. Sasuke
Dates, Kisses, and A Final Goodbye
Mission Preparations
Itachi's Death
Aftershock
Always & Forever
The Truth
Forgiveness
The Secret Message
The Hidden Dragon Village
Minxie's Training
The Creator
Dragon Warriors, Fatal Fears, and the Ultimate Confession
Minxie & Naruto vs. Pain
Faith, Reconstruction, and a Disastrous Revelation
The Group's Fatal Decision
The Gokage Summit
Done
The New Minxie
Bringing Her Back
Not So Sweet 17
TAA Special: Road to Ninja
The Jinchuriki Island
The Prophecy Child and the Savior
Important Announcement
The Fourth Great Shinobi War
Akira, Hashirama, and Madara
A Caged Bird's Song
The Takeda Twins
No Return
Kaguya Ohtsutsuki
Naruto vs. Sasuke: The Final Battle
When You're Gone
TAA Special: Gotta See, Gotta Know! Kakashi-sensei's True Face!

Intruder

27.5K 687 486
By dawnsnotebook

"Don't say you love me unless you really mean it, because I might do something crazy like believe it."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Minxie's POV

"Ah! Ramen!" I said excitedly, picking up my chopsticks as I dove into the wonderful creation of Ichiraku's. Naruto was, as expected, already on his fifth bowl.

"Your appetite really hasn't changed either, has it?" I asked teasingly, slurping up a ramen noodle.

"Not at all!" Naruto announced proudly. "I've gotta keep my strength up, so I eat as much as I can!"

"Oh, wow... Minxie? My, my, you're all grown up!" Teuchi, the owner of the ramen shop, exclaimed, giving a big grin. "And Naruto's here, too? Wow! Are you two on a date?"

I almost spit out my ramen. I started blushing, and I gave Teuchi a flat look. "Old man!" Naruto and I exclaimed at the same time, both of us blushing furiously.

"Ahaha! I was just teasing," Teuchi boomed, "Your first bowl's on the house!"

"Thanks," I said, grinning at him. He smiled back, retreating into the kitchens to create other bowls of ramen.

"So all that happened, huh?" Naruto asked after I had told him all about how I acquired my second kekkei genkai, the Heart's Eye.

"Yep," I said, "It's actually really cool. It lets me see into people's souls. You know, to see if they're really good or not."

"That sounds cool, believe it!" He exclaimed brightly. Then, he got a distant look on his face. "Minxie, are you still a genin?"

"Nope," I replied.

"SAY WHAT!?" the blonde shouted.

I laughed. "I became a Chunin not too long after Lady Tsunade returned to the village. Why?"

"Because... Out of everyone in our year, I'm the only one who's still a genin..." He muttered, sounding bummed out.

"Being a genin isn't that bad, Naruto. I mean, who cares about rank? I know you're super strong just by looking at you. You trained with Pervy Sage for two and a half years! I'm sure you got a whole lot stronger," I said, shooting him a grin.

He grinned back at me. "Yeah! I bet I can even beat you now!"

"Don't push it," I warned flatly, pointing my chopsticks at him.

He held up his hands in defense, and I smiled. "Oh! Did you hear the news!?" He asked excitedly, speaking through tons of ramen noodles.

I laughed as one fell from his mouth, but shook my head. "No, I didn't. What happened?"

"Gaara! He's Kazekage now!" He said brightly.

"He is?" I asked in disbelief, my eyes widened. He nodded.

"I know; I couldn't believe it either! He's probably super strong now, too," He said.

And Naruto was probably right. Gaara was already changing since the last time I had seen him, and it surely was for the better. Who knows how much he's grown up by now? I mean, to be Kazekage at only 16... Wow.

"Agreed. I'm happy for him," I said after a while, slurping up a noodle, "After all he's been through, he deserves it. I always knew he'd make a great Kazekage."

"So am I, believe it! I'm glad things are finally going good for him," He agreed, a sincere smile on his face.

"It's all because of you, you know. After watching you... He wanted to get better. He wanted to change, and look at him now. He's Kazekage. All thanks to you," I said, smiling back at him as I twirled my chopsticks around in my ramen.

"It wasn't just me," he objected, "We did it. Together. He was always watching you, you know."

"That sounds... Very stalkerish," I decided, getting an eye twitch, and Naruto laughed.

"I guess it does... Whoops!" He said, and I laughed, shaking my head.

"I missed this," I said out of nowhere, "You know, just you and I, sitting here and having ramen... Without having to care about anything else..."

"Well, you're back now, and now, we can do stuff like this all the time, believe it!" He said, shooting me my favorite grin.

"Hm... You're right," I said, smiling. I reached for my cup, suddenly wanting water, when something strange happened. As my charm bracelet touched the table, I heard a crack, and when I examined it, I noticed something very off.

Now, there was a crack straight across the middle of the sand charm I had received on my birthday.

That, for one thing, was not only weird, but very ominous. Last time something cracked like this, it was the Third Hokage's statue, and then he ended up dying.

My stomach churned when I remembered who had given me the Sand charm.

"Minxie? Are you okay?" Naruto asked, concern in his blue eyes. I nodded, breaking free from my trance.

"Yeah," I said, ignoring the odd feeling bubbling inside my gut, "Fine. Now, let's eat!"

"Ah! This is why I love you!" He exclaimed proudly, and that's when we both dug into our ramen. But still, even though I was having a good time, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something really, really terrible happening.

Gaara...

~*~

"WELCOME HOME!" Kylie exclaimed the second I entered my old house, glomping me. "Where the heck were you!?"

"Oh! I kinda stopped to have ramen with Naruto..." I muttered, nervously scratching the back of my head.

"SAY WHAT!? You went out on a DATE without telling me!?" She shouted, putting a hand over her heart.

"Why does everyone keep assuming it was a DATE!?" I shouted, glaring up at the ceiling.

"So it was!?" She asked, suddenly excited.

My eye twitched at her. "Oh... I quit!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up into the air. I dropped my bags onto the floor, finally relieving my back of their weight. "Now, where's Ryuu? I've got things to do."

"You're leaving already?" She said, putting her hands on her hips.

"Pretty much. I'll tell you as much as I can when I get home, but I need Ryuu first. Where is he?" I inquired, stretching my aching muscles.

"I have no idea," she said, "Oh! That reminds me! The craziest thing happened!"

"What?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Ryuu and Rin know each other!" She said.

"Say what!?" I exclaimed.

"I know; that's just what I said! I'm not sure how they know each other, but the way they looked at each other... I'm pretty sure they do," She explained.

"But... He never mentioned her to me," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

She shrugged. "Maybe he didn't know that you knew her. But it was weird. Rin looked at him, and she looked so... So angry... And afraid... And then she told us that she was expected to be back at home, and ran off. Ryuu tried to get her to stay, but she left too quickly. When we asked him, he said he didn't want to talk about it, and then he just disappeared."

"Wonderful. He's been here for only three hours, and already, he's done something stupid. Goddamnit, Ryuu!" I exclaimed, sighing deeply and walking over to the door.

"Where are you going now?" Kylie whined.

"I need to go find my brother before he does something stupid," I said, yanking open the front door. If I hadn't looked, I would've ended up knocking right into Ryuu, who stood in the doorway.

"Oh. Here you are," I said, putting a hand on my hip. "You, sir, have a LOT of explaining to do. First off, where the hell were you?"

"Out," He answered simply.

"No chizz," I said, giving him a flat look. "Why didn't you tell me where you were going? And how the hell do you know Rin? Why didn't you tell me about her?"

"I don't want to talk about it," He said, pushing past me and entering the house.

I closed the door behind him, following after him. "Well, too bad for you, 'cause I do! Now, start explaining," I demanded.

"You're not my mother," He hissed at me.

"No, I'm not, but I know our mother would be very upset if she heard you talking to her like that," I hissed back at him.

His eyes harshened as I mentioned our mother. Mom was always a sensitive topic around Ryuu; anything relating to our family was.

"Well, she's dead now, isn't she?" He growled harshly. "Just leave me the hell alone. I don't have to tell you anything." He began walking up the stairs.

"Oh, yes, you do! I'm your sister, Ryuu! We're siblings! We're supposed to tell each other things like this!" I argued, following after him.

He turned around, glaring harshly at me. "Is that why you didn't tell me the truth about what happened with Sasuke?" He spat at me.

My eyes widened instantly, and if I hadn't been holding both banisters, I would've fallen back. "Wh-What?" I stuttered out.

"Yeah. I found out about that, too. You don't trust me, Minxie. So I don't trust you. Now just leave me alone," He said, and with that, he went up the rest of the stairs, slamming the door to the room that would now be his.

I stood there, standing in the middle of the staircase, my mouth hung open in shock. That... That was the first time Ryuu and I had ever fought. He'd never spoken to me like that... I... What had I done?

I was oblivious to the fact that Kylie was still standing in the living room, until she said, "I'm sorry, Minxie... He brought up the topic... And we couldn't just ignore it... I tried to get him to shut up, but Mitchell said it anyway... I'm really sorry."

I knew instantly that she was talking about the Sasuke incident. I stood silent, my hands holding onto the banisters tightly, then releasing, then doing the same motion a few more times.

"It's... Okay," I murmured, barely able to even hear myself. "This is my mess. I've got to fix it. And he's right. I didn't tell him about what really happened with... He has a right to be angry."

"So... What're you going to do?" She asked.

"Easy. I'm going to unpack," I said easily, going down the staircase and lifting up my bags.

"Really?" She said, tilting her head.

"Yep," I answered, "Do you have any idea how much crap there is in my bags? And my room is probably disastrous. I haven't cleaned it in two and a half years."

"But... What in the..." She sighed, finally giving up. "Do you want some yogurt or something?"

"I had ramen, so I'm full, but water's cool," I replied.

"Got it," She muttered, picking up a water bottle from the table and tossing it to me.

I caught it skillfully, nodding. "Thanks, Ky. I'll talk to you later," I said, walking up the stairs and heading into my room.

I would give Ryuu time. If I kept insisting, it would only make him angrier. Plus, he wasn't the only one who messed up. I hadn't told him the full story about Sasuke because I was afraid, making him think I didn't trust him.

But... What was I afraid of?

Sighing, I dropped my bags onto my room floor and shut the door behind me. Life and its complications... SIGH.

Ryuu's POV

I was an idiot. I'd known that for a long while. I'd even begun to embrace it. I was okay with it.

You know, until my idiocy ended up getting me into a fight with my sister.

I sat on the bed of the room that would now be mine, recognizing, with much distaste, that it was in Konoha. I was back home. But why didn't it feel like that?

I had never been one to stay in one place for too long. I never kept any bonds, much less made new them. I was perfectly okay with moving from place to place, never staying long enough to have anyone care about me. And that was okay. At least it meant that I didn't care for anyone, either. Because when you care for people, they can hurt you.

But I had underestimated myself. I had made a huge miscalculation. I hated admitting it, but... Indeed, I had made ties with someone. And this person was, sadly, not my sister.

It was Rin.

::Flashback::

"Ryuu..." The angel whispered, her lilac, almost white, eyes wide. She had everything, and she'd surely grown up from when I had last seen her. Her snow white hair was longer, and she had it up in a ponytail. Her pale face was angelic, just like every other part of her. She was absolutely beautiful.

But she remembered. God, help me.

I knew Kylie, Mitchell, and Josh were completely confused, but I was too wrapped up with staring at the goddess before me that I didn't care. There was absolutely nothing else for me to say, except:

"Rin."

And that did it. Her eyes went completely wide, and she stood there like a statue. Saying her name... It was confirmation that I was indeed who she thought at was.

"I... I have to go... Father... Father's expecting me..." She muttered in that damned angelic tone of hers. Then, she turned.

"Rin..." I began, trying to get her to stay. I wasn't sure if that was for her benefit, or for my own.

"Bye," She said quickly, never meeting my eyes. She ran away, disappearing into the crowd of villagers as she rounded the corner.

"You... You know her?" Kylie asked, bringing my back to reality. Her face had an expression of pure shock, but that didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore.

"... I don't want to talk about it," I said simply, and with that, I disappeared.

~*~

I'd found her. She was sitting there, in all her serenity, by the lake, her slender fingers touching the soft grass that she sat upon.

Standing atop the tree I was in, I was able to really notice just how beautiful she had become. Her snow white hair had grown considerably, almost up to her elbows, and was picked up into a ponytail. Her bangs were parted, framing either side of her face. Her lilac eyes were blank, looking like she was looking for something that no one else could see besides her. The crop top she wore exposed her stomach, bringing out her curves in all the right places and making her even more beautiful.

"Are you going to stand there all day, or are you actually going to do something?" Rin called out in her soft voice.

If I wasn't so calm, I would've fallen out of the tree. Silently, I jumped down, landing a few feet away from her. "Your perception's improved," I noted quietly.

"Without my sight, I've had to make my other senses stronger than normal," she answered, her voice betraying nothing, "But telling you that was pointless, since you already know, isn't that right?"

"Everyone needs their memory refreshed once and a while," I countered, and she went silent.

"What do you want, Ryuu?" She asked, her eyes never meeting mine.

"I want to talk," I said, taking a cautious step forward.

"Well, looks like you're out of luck. I have absolutely nothing to say to you," She stated harshly. She was still angry from our last encounter, and she had every right to be. But I'd never tell her that.

"You're still angry," I asked, well, stated.

"No, Ryuu, in reality, I forgive you and I'm ready to worship the ground you walk on," She said sarcastically. "What do you think?"

"... What do you want me to say, Rin?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

"Nothing," she answered simply, "Absolutely nothing. I don't need anything from the likes of you. Now, go. Leave. It's what you do best, after all."

Her words stung, but I continued on our conversation nontheless. "I never meant to leave, you know."

"Then what the hell happened, Ryuu? Because, honestly, I'm dying to know how someone can leave the village against their own will," She hissed, but still, she didn't turn her face to me.

"My mother got me away from Konoha because I was in danger. What? Did you want me to die?" I asked incredously.

"At that point... No, I didn't," she said quietly, "Now, I'm not so sure."

"Rin, my entire clan was killed. I was going to be next. My mother prevented that. She got me away from here. That's why I left. Why are you blaming me for what she did?" I said.

"Because you could've come back!" She exclaimed, her head snapping towards me. I took a step back, a bit surprised at her sudden outburst. 

"I was six years old, Rin," I said flatly.

"But you're sixteen now," she hissed, "You had ten years, Ryuu. Ten whole years. And what did you do with them? You stood away from Konoha, doing God knows what! Did you ever once consider how I felt about that!? That you just... Disappeared? Without a trace? I wanted to die! You were my best friend, Ryuu! My only friend! You were the only one who ever... Who saw past my blindness! And then you just... You just disappear!"

"It wasn't my choice!" I shouted, tired of her accusations.

"Perhaps not, but it was your choice to come back, and you never did! I waited... For ten whole years, Ryuu. I never gave up hope that you'd come back... That I was... That I was actually important enough for you to... But here you are, sixteen years later, with Minxie. Do you have any idea how much of a smack in the face that was?" She asked, rising up from her seat on the grass with her arms at her sides.

"My entire clan was murdered, Rin," I said blankly, "By the man I trusted almost as much as I trusted my own father. He was my uncle, Rin, my own uncle, and he ended up killing my father! For me! For my sister! Do you have any idea how much that hurt? Being betrayed by the person you trust more than anyone?"

"You left me!" she shouted, "I know exactly how that feels, in fact. You betrayed me, and you were the person I trusted the most. So do us both a favor and shut up about your 'pain.' You talk about the Takeda clan's slaughter like it was nothing! I swear... You're just as heartless and selfish as your uncle!"

"Like you're one to talk!" I shouted back. "Waiting for me to return to this worthless village as if you were the only thing I ever thought about... How pathetic. Not to mention selfish. You aren't the only important one out there, Rin. I lost my entire clan! You lost one person, and I'm here right now! Why can't you just accept my apology!?"

"Maybe because you haven't even apologized yet!" She yelled, throwing her hands up in the air. "That was a very low blow, Ryuu. Very low. As if my self-confidence wasn't already screwed up enough. Thanks for calling me pathetic. Really, you have no idea." She flashed me a sarcastic thumbs up.

Suddenly, she sat down on the grass again, one of her hands pressed onto the grass firmly, "I don't care that you left, Ryuu. I'm glad you did. I didn't want you to die, but... What kills me... What made me miserable... What made me despise you... Was that you didn't come back. You gave me nothing to know that you were okay, either. No letters. No signs. No anything. I was left alone, spiraling through the darkness, without you for ten years... And then you just show up now, resurfacing all the feeling I had buried.

"Why... Why are you here now? Why couldn't you just have stayed away? Why... Why are you here again? Why can't you just leave me alone!?" She cried, sobbing now. Her hands were grinding into the dirt, ripping the grass apart.

"... I want to fix my mistakes..." I muttered, kneeling down next to her. "I'm human, Rin. I make mistakes."

"That's where you're wrong," she objected softly, "You are no human. You once were, but now... Without even looking at you, I know... You're just a hollow shell of your former self. A broken promise waiting to happen."

"Why... Why are you making this so difficult?" I said, growing frustrated as my eyebrows furrowed. "What do you want me to say to you? That I had a reason to stay in Konoha? My entire clan was slaughtered, Rin. There was nothing keeping me here. Not even-"

"Not even me, right?" She interrupted in her soft voice. I opened my mouth to object, but she stopped me. "Don't worry about it. I've accepted that truth a while ago myself. You and I... We're just too different. We were friends once, yes, but that was a long time ago. After ten years, I fear I've developed a grudge that I'll never abandon."

"What... What can I do to fix this?" I whispered, reaching out my fingers to touch her delicate white hair.

Suddenly, she stood up, almost knocking me over in the process. "Build a time machine," she said harshly, "Use it rewind time and make it so that I never meet you."

"And that... That would truly make you happy...?" I inquired, standing up.

She turned away from me. "Y... Yes," She choked out, sounding like she was trying very hard to not break down crying.

"And there's absolutely nothing I can do to change your mind?" I asked, hoping desperately that she would say yes. That she would tell me that there was still hope for us. That she didn't really hate me.

"... No," She decided finally, still not facing me.

I nodded, mostly to myself, shoving my hands into my pockets. Her shoulders trembled, and I assumed it was from the cold, although in reality, she was crying, even though I didn't know that.

Suddenly, I appeared behind her, and she stiffened, not expecting the sudden closure. She shivered, whether in fear, or in excitement, I didn't know. I took a lock of her hair, placing it behind her ear and whispered, "I'm sorry..."

And then I disappeared, leaving her behind, again, and hating myself for doing so.

::End of Flashback::

I sighed, running a hand through my hair in frustration. It was only my first day back in Konoha, and already, things were going bad. I knew I shouldn't have returned.

But I wouldn't leave. I couldn't leave; not with Minxie still around. I'd already argued with her. I didn't need to lose her trust completely.

I wished she would just walk into my room, considering that, as Itachi-sensei had said, my pride was my greatest weakness. As long as I had it, I wouldn't do something so weak and illogical as apologizing.

I mean, me, Ryuu Takeda, apologizing? Not even close.

As if answering my prayers, there was a knock on my door, and I felt the familiarly enormous chakra of my sister behind it.

Lugging myself off my bed, I opened the door and stared directly into emerald green eyes that mirrored my own.

Minxie's POV

"Um... Hi," I said, waving at my twin brother. He stood in the doorway, his face completely expressionless. After we had a small stare down, he moved aside, letting me into his room. I entered quickly, and he shut the door behind me.

"I'm sorry," we both said at the same time. I smiled, and he smirked slightly. I walked over to his bed, plopping down onto it.

"I'm-" I began, but Ryuu quickly cut me off.

"You didn't do anything. It was my fault. I'm sorry," he said, sounding sincere, "I just got angry. My confrontation with Rin didn't go as well as I thought it would. I didn't want to talk about it. And bringing up the Sasuke thing was stupid and childish of me. I'm really sorry, Minx."

"You're forgiven," I said honestly, "I'm sorry, too. I know how sensitive you are to Mom, and I really shouldn't have brought her up. I was just worried about you, Ryuu. You seemed really upset, but I shouldn't have pressed. If you don't want to tell me about Rin, you don't have to."

"I do want to tell you, Minxie... But I won't. Rin can explain it way better than I can," He said. "But, in short, she and I were best friends. I made a promise to her, and I broke it... And now, she hates me. It was one of the reasons I didn't want to come back to Konoha. But, I did, since you were so persistent. I never imagined in a million years that you and her would end up being friends."

"Ah," I said, nodding in understanding. "Did you try to make it up to her?"

"I did," he answered, "And then she told me she wished she never met me."

"Ouch," I said, biting my lip. "I could talk to her, if you want..."

He shook his head, smiling dryly. "I won't put you in that awkward position. I know Rin and I knowing each other is a bit strange to you," he said.

"A bit strange? Heh, I want to freak out! But I can't, since I only have a small portion of my sanity left," I said honestly. "I'll ask Rin, and who knows? Maybe I can get her to like you again. Would that make you happy?"

"I'm not sure if anyone can fix the mess I've made, Minxie," He admitted.

"Well, what are twin sisters for? They annoy you, make you smile, and fix your messes, all in a day! I've got this," I said, flashing him a thumbs up.

"If you don't mind me asking," he said after shaking his head and smirking at my antics, "Why didn't you tell me the truth about Sasuke?"

I felt the air leave my lungs, like I was a deflated balloon. "That's kind of really... Complicated. To be honest, Ryuu, I was scared. I didn't want you to know, because I was afraid of... I was afraid that..."

"... You were protecting him, weren't you?"

I snorted. "Of course not! Why would I do that?"

"Minxie... I know you. I really doubt you hate him."

I shook my head. "That doesn't mean I care about him enough to protect him."

"Is that why you promised Itachi to not give up on him?"

I almost stopped breathing. "You... You heard that, huh...?"

"Yep," he said, "Look, Minxie, I have no idea what really happened between you and Sasuke, but if it's as terrible as everyone says... Why do you keep protecting him? From what I've heard, he's not exactly a nice person."

"Oh, he's not," I agreed. "But I just... Can we not talk about this, Ryuu? I'm... I don't think I'm ready. I've got to start on missions again tomorrow, and I really can't be depressed."

"Fair enough," he said, nodding. "But I'm warning you right now, Minxie. I will find out what happened, and when I do, and if it's really as bad as everyone says... Uchiha becomes a walking dead man, got it?"

I shook my head, a smile on my face. "Yeah, I got it. You'll end up bashing his pretty little face in. And oddly, I'm cool with that."

He smirked. "Glad to see we're on the same page. Now, get out. I want to go to bed, and you need your rest, too."

"Hey!" I exclaimed. "This is my house, man! Don't tell me what to do!"

"I'm older."

"Well, I'm cuter!"

"I'm stronger."

"HA! I'm way more ninja than you are!"

"I've been a ninja way longer than you."

"Soo? I can still kick your bu- AH!"

That's when I was suddenly pushed off Ryuu's bed, landing on the floor.

"What were you saying?" He asked, tilting his head innocently at me.

I glared at him. "You... You... UGH! I'll get you tomorrow!" I threatened.

"Of course you will. Now, good night," He said, grabbing a pillow and sitting down onto his bed.

"Fiiiiiine..." I sighed, ninja rolling out of his room. When I looked back, he was staring at me with an 'are you serious' face.

I smirked at him. "Told you I was more awesome!"

He rolled his eyes. "Just go to sleep."

"Blah," I said, sticking my tongue out at him as he closed his room door. Too lazy to get up, I rolled my way into my bedroom, closing the door behind me.

Things were a bit dusty, but they weren't as terrible as I expected. I would be heading out on missions tomorrow, so cleaning would just have to wait until I had some free time.

I finally got up, pushing my bags off of my bed. Something fell onto the floor, but I was too tired to care what it was. I'd just fix it in the morning.

I took out the rose my mystery admirer had given me, smelling its wondrous scent and touching its soft, silky petals. I placed it onto my night table, sighing. If only I knew who had sent me it. Whoever it was, they were awfully sweet...

I yawned, stretching. Maybe now would be a good time to sleep. And so, I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the pillow, falling into a deep slumber.

If only I had known there was a cloaked figure watching me. If only I had known that that same figure, although so much like me, would be the very same figure that would bring so much misery and chaos into my life.

If only, if only.

???'s POV

I watched from the shadows as a tired Minxie slept peacefully, looking like a little angel. Oh, please.

Once I was sure that she was fully asleep, I jumped down onto her balcony, landing onto it silently. Everyone in the house was asleep; even her troublesome brother. That made my job a whole lot easier.

I closed my eyes, focusing my chakra and using a jutsu that was known only to me. In seconds, my arm was no longer a solid figure, and I was able to reach in through the balcony's glass and unlock it with a low 'click.'

I entered the room, my steps moving against the carpet and making no sounds at all. I placed a hand on my hip, shaking my head at Minxie's sleeping figure. Oh, if only she knew what awaited her... Insolent fool.

My eye caught her bag, left open, on the floor. Idiot had knocked it over and hadn't even bothered to close it. When I saw something I hadn't seen in ages, I realized that her stupidity was my own triumph.

I sauntered over to her bag, leaning down elegantly and picking up the small box. I opened it, smirking devilishly when I saw that it indeed was what I was looking for. 

My amulet.

I took it out of the box, placing it around my neck. I felt the familiar feel of luscious, malicious power radiate throughout my body, and the amulet's ruby stone shined brightly, acknowledging the fact that it truly was my possession. 

How Madara Uchiha had acquired it, I had no clue, but none of that mattered at that point. It was around my neck, now, where it belonged. The transformation was complete. With my amulet, there was no way to get rid of me.

I looked around Minxie's room, noting that it was neither girly nor anti-girly. It seemed like the perfect combination of both. And that's what everyone thought she was. Perfect. As if.

I noticed a red rose on her night table, and I picked it up, touching it to my perfect nose. It smelled wonderful. And, it turned out that I knew just who gave dear little Minxie this rose. But was I telling? Nope. Seeing her face when she figures out who really did it will be way too much fun to ruin now.

This insolent girl who slumbered on her bed, completely oblivious to the fact that I was in her room, was the very reason for my existence. We were bonded, connected, for eternity. Well, at least, until her purpose was fulfilled.

But did I care about any of that? Of course not. Until she made the choice that would shape the world, I'd be there, taunting her and making her as miserable as I possibly could, simply because of the fact that I could.

"Oh, Minxie..." I sang, my perfect voice sounding like bells chiming, "We're going to have so much fun together."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 4K 22
Sequel to The Different One. I recommend you read that one first. Hibiki Tsukino has left the Leaf Village after saving the criminal Itachi Uchiha f...
1.2M 25.7K 44
On the night when Itachi Uchiha slaughters his clan, Naruto is beaten and tortured severely by the local villagers of the village. The Third Hokage...
2.5K 92 14
Once captive to the snake, then becoming allied with the Akatsuki. Kurami finds herself in more and more complications. Her romance with Itachi won't...
311K 12.3K 37
[UNDER MAJOR REVISION] Kanji and her twin brother, Sanji, move to Konoha to start a better life after the death of their parents. Knowing the fact th...