High School DxD: Rise of the...

By WarriorMan199456

AU. Every hero has a beginning. The path of a hero is forever determined by the events he is placed in. In t... More

A Strong Yet Young Presence
Wrathful Transformation!
Issei vs Riser: The Conclusion
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter Part 23
Chapter Part 24
Chapter Part 25
Chapter Part 26
Chapter Part 27
Chapter Part 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 33

3.1K 67 37
By WarriorMan199456

Omniverse

The Ouroboros Dragon and the Omniversal Entity stood in silence as they surrounded the depths of the Omniverse. The entities peered through the specific Universe, watching Issei and Vali train in the former's Inner World.

"Both my mate and Vali are growing exponentially stronger." Ophis commented, "Their training should work to their advantage when the tournament starts."

"With the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi sword, along with his natural energy source," the 'Above' entity began, "Issei's training should go well. There is also the case of the Vanishing Dragon granting permission to allow Issei to keep the portion of his soul."

"I, am surprised at Albion's decision. I, am also surprised that Albion's double manifested into a different sword, rather than interfere with Ddraig's power. Now my Issei has two swords."

"If anything, the sword created from the clone of the Vanishing Dragon will retain the powers of the Divine Dividing Sacred Gear. So little darling has access to the powers of both the Two Heavenly Dragons in his disposal."

"It is my mate's decision to put their power to good use. So he is not taking them for granted."

Tilting her head, Ophis turned her attention to the entity.

"Are you going to act as a spectator and go to the tournament?"

"No. I will remain here and observe everything from the Omniverse. Most likely, the Shinigami will remain in its own Domain as well. As I have stated to Issei, we are driving forces within the entire Universe."

"I see. Baka-Red and the Trihexa are going to watch in the Dimensional Gap. I, shall watch my mate fight."

The 'Above' Entity tilted her head.

"How will they watch the tournament from the Gap?"

"Baka-Red used his power to manifest a dimensional viewer, allowing him to watch anything."

"I see."

Azazel's Mansion

"NO! Please, just stop! I said I was sorry!"

"Gabriel?"

"Go ahead and burn another, Sera."

Azazel couldn't believe the situation he was in. It was apparent that Serafall meant what she said when Azazel asked her what he could do to redeem himself.

By burning his porn collection.

Scraps of magazine covers, pages, and fabrics were scattered across the ground. It didn't surprise Serafall or Gabriel that the mountains of porn collections almost reached the ceiling of Azazel's house.

Narrowing her violet eyes, Serafall summoned a pool of demonic energy. She gave Azazel a glare as she shot the blast towards the collection, causing it to disintegrate into nothingness. The Fallen Angel, who was still trapped in Serafall's ice prison, could only stare in horror.

Gabriel slowly turned her cold stare over to Azazel, and glowered at him.

"Because of you, the sports day at Armageddon had to be cut short, because not only were you not there, but because I had to come to the school and try to find out why Issei wasn't even there."

"Sirzechs-chan said Ise-chan was going to be at Sports Day, but since he wasn't, and you never showed up, the event was short. We had to speed everything up." Serafall informed the Fallen Angel.

"...Who won the race?" Azazel asked weakly.

"We did." replied Gabriel.

"Haha, of course the Angels did. Anyone would have known that."

Widening their eyes, Serafall and Gabriel turned to see an elderly man with long, grey hair and a matching beard with an eye-patch over his left eye. Azazel blinked several times in surprise at the unexpected appearance of the man.

"Odin? What are you doing here?"

"It's been a while, Azazel." Odin greeted his friend, "Six months. Looks like you got yourself in a pickle. Anyway, I've come here to send a friendly message."

The Norse God then turned to look at the Seraph and the Satan of Leviathan.

"What are you busty women so angry about? You'll get the chance to see Amaterasu's kid again."

At Odin's words, Serafall rose an eyebrow in response.

"What do you mean?"

"Ah, so you haven't heard yet. There's an upcoming tournament for the mythological Gods."

"A tournament?" Gabriel asked.

"That's right. And rumors are, Issei Hyoudou is going to enter. I wouldn't be surprised if he did, being Amaterasu's son and all."

"Ise-chan's going to enter?!" Serafall exclaimed, her childish excitement resurfacing, "Well, when is it?!"

"Calm your tits, will you?" Odin smirked pervertedly, prompting Serafall to give him a pouty glare, "It's going to be in two weeks, so he has all the time to train."

"Two weeks," Gabriel repeated to herself, "Who is hosting this tournament?"

"The Heavenly Emperor, Indra."

"Indra?" Azazel asked, "What's the reason?"

"Meh," Odin grunted, "Probably something to do with Shiva. You know how they are. Or rather how Indra is with Shiva. He never got along with the God of Destruction."

"Well, whatever the reason, it doesn't matter," Serafall said with a smile, "As long as I get to see Ise-chan, then this will be a good tournament."

"Hmm," Gabriel hummed as her mood finally brightened, "Then we'll get to see Issei during the tournament. At least we can watch him. I'll inform Michael and the rest of the Seraphim about this."

"And I'll tell Sona-tan and the others!" Serafall rang cheerfully, "They haven't hung out with Ise-chan for a while, especially Saji."

"...So now that everything is good and all," Azazel began nervously, "Can I get out of this ice prison now?"

"The day I let you out of your prison is the day Hell freezes over." Serafall scolded.

There was a sudden and long awkward silence between the foursome, with Gabriel, Odin, and Azazel staring at Serafall with confused looks. Seconds later, Serafall caught on to what she just said, and she gave Azazel a moody glare.

"Shut up," She said with a pout, "I know my powers are ice-based."

Student Council Room

"What?! Newby is going to do what?!"

"Please don't yell, Saji. You're in my ear."

"Yes, Saji. We're right here."

"Kaichou, how can I not yell?! I don't hear from Newby in a long time, and now he's suddenly entered into a tournament?!"

"You heard right, Saji-chan! Ise-chan is entering!"

Serafall maintained her cheerful smile as she watched the reactions of her sister's Pawn. Sighing, Sona sat down onto the chair.

"So Hyoudou-san is going to fight with other Gods. Hmm. Sounds very different from the Rating Games we Devils enroll in."

"But why all of a sudden?" Tsubaki mused, "A tournament event just out of the blue?"

"Don't be so worried, fuku-kaichou," Saji said, finally calm, "If something goes bad, then I'm sure Newby will take care of it."

"It'll be interesting to see how strong he's become." Sona commented.

"Yes, it will."

Sona, Tsubaki, Saji, and Serafall turned to see some familiar Devils. Rias Gremory and Akeno Himejima smiled as they walked in the Student Council Room.

"Rias," Sona greeted, "Are you coming to watch the tournament as well?"

"As a matter of fact, Sona, I am. It isn't every day we get to see an event other than Rating Games."

"Ara, ara. So Issei is joining the battle as well?" Akeno said with a smile.

"Looks like it," Tsubaki replied, "I just wonder how Hyoudou-san fares with the others."

"If I know Newby," Saji began with a confident smile, "He'll probably have a trick up his sleeve."

Purgatory

The humans of the Hero Faction stared in disbelief at the Alpha-Leviathan, who had moments ago, taken the form of a curvaceous woman with gold horns that pointed upwards from her head. What was still puzzling to them, was why the leader chose a gender the moment Indra mentioned the God who wielded Solar Energy.

"Wait, wait, hold on," Georg said after a long silence, "There's something I still don't understand."

The Alpha-Leviathan tilted her head in response, giving the human a chance to continue.

"You said you had a craving for Solar Energy. How can that be? You said yourself that you and the rest of the Leviathans were sealed within this realm. Clearly, there is no source of light, nor Sun here."

As soon as Georg finished the last of his words, the leader blinked only once.

"We Leviathans predate that of Angels, Humans, and the very soul itself. There is a common characteristic we all possess. Hunger. The regular Leviathans have a craving for human flesh, and ourselves. I however, share a different taste."

"So you don't eat humans?" Jeanne asked nervously.

"I consume humans, but I do not find them satisfying."

At that remark, Jeanne shuddered. Wanting to get everything over with, Cao Cao decided to comment.

"So what made you like Solar Energy?"

"My Creator brought existence to me as a way to act as the leader for the rest of the Leviathans. Although I share all of their characteristics, I possess far more self-restraint. Therefore, I was given another acquired taste in order to replace my appetite for humans and other Leviathans."

"And that taste just happened to be Solar Energy?" Heracles commented dryly.

"I was granted the taste of several sources of energy. When I consumed Solar Energy for the first time, it was the only source in which I felt...full. I no longer felt the need to devour humans, or any of my own kind. At least, until I desired for more Solar Energy."

"And you want us to bring the Solar God to you?" Georg asked.

"Will that be a problem?" The Alpha-Leviathan asked, her distorted yet feminine voice taking on a threatening and challenging tone.

"Actually, yes." said Indra.

The leader narrowed her eyes ominously, and released a powerful force that caused several of the Leviathans to back away.

"Explain yourself, Heavenly Emperor."

"You see, we can't just hand the one who possesses Solar Energy over to you. At least not right now."

"...You are irritating me. I am also growing impatient."

"Well in order for you to receive Solar Energy from the boy, there is something you must assist me with."

"What is it?"

"I am hosting a tournament for the rest of the Gods. And the one who wields Solar Energy will also participate."

"What is the point of you telling me this?"

"I'm telling you this because I have a suggestion. The organization I represent have sets of abilities we can use to transport you out of this realm, and meet the Solar God yourself."

The Alpha-Leviathan's expression remained unchanged, and she folded her arms over her shapely chest.

"You will bring the boy to me."

"Hey!" Heracles said in impatience, "Weren't you listening? Indra just said we can bring you out of this place to meet the freaking Solar God!"

The leader shot the descendant of Hercules a piercing look, which unsettled him and forced him to close his mouth.

"If you wish to keep your voice, then I suggest you be silent before I rip you open."

Heracles found out his mistake and scowled. Narrowing her eyes, the Alpha-Leviathan turned her attention back to Indra.

"If I were to leave Purgatory, then the rest of the Leviathan race will have no one to guide them, therefore causing them to become irrational. Without my presence, they will resort to their primal instincts. So, as I have stated three times now, you will bring the boy to me."

"I have another suggestion," Indra tried again, "After the tournament is over, and when the final battle is over, the one who possesses solar power, as well as his opponent, will be sent here. You can order the other Leviathans to attack the opponent, while also keeping the Solar Energy for yourself."

"You are testing my patience, Hindu Deity. If I help you, then you will bring the Solar God to me. Is that what our deal consists of?"

"Yes, it does."

"When is this tournament? I do not like waiting when I feel the desire to feed on Solar Energy."

"It is in two weeks."

At the reply, the leader lowered her eyes in dissatisfaction.

"How annoying."

"So. Do we have a deal?"

"If you bring the Solar God to me, then the rest of the Leviathans shall devour his opponent."

"Then we have a deal." Indra said with a smirk, "We will meet again in two weeks."

"We shall. Now leave this area, before I change my mind."

Indra and the rest of the Hero Faction took the hint, and they disappeared in a pool of energy, leaving the Alpha-Leviathan to ponder her thoughts.

'I do not trust the Heavenly Emperor.'

The Alpha-Leviathan, even through the long withdrawal of Solar Energy, was able to keep her self-restraint to its highest. The reason was because her job to act as the leader of the Leviathans dominated her thoughts of her craving. But since the Heavenly Emperor had promised that she would receive a God that constantly generated Solar Energy, her lust and craving for the energy source was growing.

The leader then closed her eyes, and seemed to drift off to another state of consciousness. Seconds later, two pairs of forked tongues slithered out of her mouth, and slowly rolled all around her full lips.

"But...the chance to consume Solar Energy is very tempting."

If Indra failed to keep his end of the deal, then she would simply destroy him.

Takamagahara

[Two Weeks Later]

"Today is the tournament, Amaterasu. It's going to be interesting to see everyone again."

The Goddess of the Sun and the Universe smiled as she looked over to her old friend, the Greek Goddess of the Earth. The tournament hosted by Indra was close, prompting some of the Gods to barely contain their excitement. More prominently, was Amaterasu, since she thought it was going to be a good chance to see her son fight.

"Yes, I'm excited too, Gaia. I can't wait to watch Issei and see how he's improved. I've only seen him fight once, so maybe he'll surprise me."

"Hmm," Gaia hummed, "Perhaps he will. It all depends on who he is going to fight. There are many Gods and Goddesses that are of different mythologies. I just wonder if your son will be able to handle all of them."

"I'm sure my little Sun can handle his own. It all depends on how long he's been training."

"That is true. Hmm."

Amaterasu blinked as she heard Gaia's hum.

"What is it?"

"Oh, nothing. I am a bit surprised on how much your son has grown, Amaterasu. And the relationships he's formed."

The Sun Goddess chuckled faintly and crossed her arms.

"Relationships, yes. My little Sun never ceases to surprise me on how many people he has come in contact with. Never in a million years would I have expected the Infinite Dragon God to become my daughter-in-law. It still surprises me to this day."

"I have also noticed that he has many other beings who seem to have affection for him." Gaia said with a teasing smile.

At this remark, Amaterasu rose an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"There's the Shinigami, which is Death itself. Then there's the legendary and feared Trihexa. I am fairly certain that some of the members within the supernatural and the Three Factions harbor affection for him as well."

'With myself included. Fufufufu.' Gaia added in her thoughts.

"The Three Factions?" Amaterasu questioned.

"Tell me, my dear friend, you have heard of Gabriel, 'The Most Beautiful Woman in Heaven'?"

"Yes, I have. She's a Seraph."

"Well, as you know, I am the embodiment of the Earth. And since you sent Issei to Earth, I was aware of where he was at all times. When he was six years old, I remember sensing Gabriel near him. She was peering over him, and she gave him a sign of affection by kissing him on the forehead."

Amaterasu didn't know why, but she was getting a strange feeling.

"The Seraph was aware of where my little Sun was. Who else was?"

"Well, most of the beings in the Three Factions, Amaterasu. Your son was very strong, even as an infant."

"...Who else is interested in Issei?"

"Hmm. I believe the Satan with the title of "Leviathan" adores Issei as well."

"Serafall Sitri? How many supernatural beings does Issei know? He said he didn't like the supernatural that much."

"Perhaps it is the supernatural...that seems to be obsessed with your son, Amaterasu." Gaia mused.

Svargam (Hindu Heaven)

The tournament was to be hosted in the Heaven within the Hindu mythology. Thousands of Gods and Goddesses were present, including mythologies of Greek, Indian, Hindu, Egyptian, and even Shinto. They all greeted each other with familial camaraderie, with all of them having lived with a long lifespan.

The various deities were gathered in a lobby, taking time to chat with each other. In front of the lobby, was a wide stadium. Within the lobby, featured a magic artifact that determined who would face who int he tournament.

A silver magic circle suddenly manifested next to the crowd of deities, revealing the silhouettes of Issei, Ophis, and Vali. The Solar God widened his eyes as he looked around his surroundings, marveled by the number of Gods and Goddesses near him. Vali looked around as well, feeling excited by the power surges from various Gods.

"This is going to be an interesting tournament."

"How is this tournament supposed to be?" Issei mused to himself.

Ophis tilted her head as she noticed the crowd of deities walking inside the stadium.

"Issei," The Ouroboros Dragon said as she looked over at her mate, "I, shall see you from the sidelines."

Issei smiled and he leaned forward to give the Infinite Dragon God a kiss, causing the latter to shudder from the physical pleasure. Ophis formed a warm and satisfied smile on her face as she followed the Gods and Goddesses to the bleachers.

"Do your best, my beloved Issei." She said to him.

"I will, don't worry." replied Issei with a soft smile.

[Attention, everyone!]

At the sound of the announcer, Issei and Vali looked up at the sky, trying to find the source of the voice.

[Everyone! In this tournament there are many participants from all factions. Included in this tournament are three Gods who are involved in the top ten of the world. Indra in seventh place, Thor, in ninth place, and Hades in tenth place]

"Hades, huh?" Vali commented dryly, "I thought he'd still be sulking in his realm."

"He is a God, Vali." Issei noted, "Wouldn't make sense for him to not join. After all, he's in the Top Ten."

[This tournament is divided in ten phases. There will be a first phase, second phase, third phase, fourth phase, fifth phase, sixth phase, seventh phase, quarterfinals, semifinals, and the final match.]

"Ten phases?" Issei asked in disbelief.

"Good," Vali said with a smirk, "The more battles, the better."

[The battles will be determined when each participant reaches into the sphere of energy. The sphere will take the form of the participant's number. In order for the participant to become the champion of the tournament, he or she must win in each phase.]

"Oh, this is definitely going to be fun." Vali said with a smile.

"No kidding. I just wonder who we're going to fight first."

"Just consider yourself lucky if you don't have to fight me."

Issei and Vali turned to see a scowling young man who emitted silver lunar energy. Issei immediately adopted a serious face as he looked at his cousin.

"Yoru."

The son of Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto deepened his scowl as he walked over to his cousin.

"Don't think this changes anything, cousin. I just don't have anything better to do in the Shinigami's realm."

"So you're on Issei's side now?" Vali asked.

"...Yes." Yoru uttered as he looked over to Issei, "This plan of yours better work."

Muttering to himself, Yoru stomped away from his cousin and the Vanishing Dragon. Issei stared after the Lunar God, and inwardly sighed.

"Shinigami-san must have returned him to life, so now he's a participant."

[We will now call the fighters of the first phase. Please come towards the sphere of energy when I call your names.]

"We should get going." Vali suggested.

"Might as well." The Solar God agreed as he followed Vali.

And so, the two rivals followed the rest of the participants of the tournament, unaware of what awaited them.

A/N:

The Alpha-Leviathan's appearance is indeed based on that of Sayla from Fairy Tail. Much like a vampire craves blood, she's going to crave for Issei's Solar Energy.

In short, she wants the Sunny D.

Please read & Review.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 5K 34
Issei Hyoudou, he is the Sekiryuutei, hero of the factions, and of the children known as the Oppai Dragon. After waking up from his coma after the ba...
31.5K 967 10
Issei Hyoudou, a boy too familiar with betrayal and deception, had his final straw of betrayal when his own brother who had mistreated him stabbed hi...
181K 2.5K 19
By: FunahoMisaki (A/N: I own nothing, all character credits go to respective owners) What if things were different in the DxD universe? Issei had a...
548 10 4
I died, but was gifted with 10 wishes. Self Insert: Highschool DXD, Issei Hyoudou Plot: One of my wishes will be to change the DXD Universe. So expe...