Good Life

By electric_forest

Seventeen year old Kaci LaSpina adjusts to many changes in her life after her mom recently remarries. She has... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 12

116 14 0
By electric_forest

{Character in picture: Heather Locklear as Holly Beckham}

{Song in video: Taylor Swift - Love Story}

I came to school with a cheerful smile on my face. "What's up with you, Kace?" Felix asked as me, Lauren, Remi, and Takara walked up to him and Raj.

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently, with a semi higher voice. I was pretty sure it wasn't that noticeable though.

"You have a really happy smile on your face." He half-smirked.

"Doesn't she always?" Raj said.

"Yeah, but it's a little different than other times."

I came closer to Felix, and whispered, "I have great news."

"Really? What is it?" He gave me a confused look.

"Seriously?" I rolled my eyes. Sometimes Felix could be pretty clueless.

"Oh!" He exclaimed as if he just gotten what I was talking about.

"What are you two whispering about?" Lauren asked suspiciously.

I opened my mouth to say something but Felix covered it, and said, "Oh nothing!"

I gave him a look and shoved him. "What are you doing?" I hissed at him.

"You were going to talk with that high pitched squeaky voice of yours! You would have gave everything away." He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh...right." I winced.

"You know, you two have been acting weird lately," Raj said, crossing his arms and furrowing his eyebrows.

"Really? I don't know what you're talking about," Felix said, trying to act natural.

"He's right," Takara said. "You two are acting weird. What is going on?"

Just then, the bell rang. "Well we've got to get to class!" I exclaimed, hurriedly running to class. I knew I couldn't avoid Lauren, Remi, and Raj in my first class.

Lauren caught up with me in the hallway outside of Mr. Bentley's class. "Hey, what's up with you?" She asked, slightly frowning.

"Oh...uh...well you see-" I started to say but then Felix caught up with us and interrupted.

"Wait!" Felix exclaimed.

Lauren gave him a weird look. "Okay..." she said.

"What I've been wanting to say is...Lauren Beckham, I like you. I mean, I like you more than a friend, and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me sometime."

Lauren's mouth dropped open. "Oh wow...um yeah I'd like to do that. I like you too..."

I grinned at them. "Awww, look at you two!" I exclaimed.

"Way to ruin the moment, Kace." Lauren jokingly gave me a look.

"Sorry." I winced and then laughed.

Takara caught up with us, with Raj and Remi following behind her. "What is going on?" Remi asked, looking confused.

"Felix and Lauren are dating!" I exclaimed.

Lauren and Felix blushed, awkwardly smiling. "Yeah..." Felix said.

Raj's face softened. "Really? Wow, I never expected that," he said.

"Congrats, you two!" Takara exclaimed, grinning.

"Thanks," Lauren said, smiling.

Takara looked at the time on her phone. "Crap, I've got to get to class! My first period is way on the other side of the school!" She exclaimed, and then quickly ran away.

Mr. Bentley opened the door, and stood outside of his own classroom. "I was wondering what was with the cheering going on. Please come inside the class," he said, looking at me, Lauren, Remi, and Raj. Mr. Bentley turned to Felix, giving him a weird look. "You're not in my first period class."

Felix opened his mouth to say something, but I covered it. "He's here because he just asked Lauren out. They look so cute together!" I exclaimed.

Lauren and Felix gave me a look, and I grinned at them. "Yeah, what she said," Felix said, smiling. "I'll go on to my class now."

"See you later!" Lauren said, waving to him as he walked away.

We walked in the classroom, and sat down at our seats. We took out our notebooks since we were going to take notes today. Everyone groaned when we learned that we were taking notes, but I actually didn't mind. Yeah, there was more writing, but that means not doing assignments for the day.

"Is that why you acted strange around Felix the past few days?" Raj asked me, looking curious. "Because you knew that Felix liked Lauren?"

I turned to him, grinning and nodding. "Yup, and I wasn't supposed to tell anyone," I said.

"Yeah, I could tell you didn't want to tell us anything because your voice got higher." He snickered.

"Hey, in my defense, I can't help it!" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I know, that's what makes it funnier." He continued to snicker.

I glanced at Lauren and Remi, who were both talking to each other. A few minutes later, Lauren turned to me and asked, "Hey, is that why you and Felix were acting weird lately? Because you knew about Felix liking me?"

"Yup, she sure did," Raj replied for me.

"Yeah, he wanted to know who you liked," I said.

Lauren blushed and giggled. "Aw, he's shy," she said. "I'm surprised he was brave enough to tell you."

"Me too actually." I chuckled. "But I had a feeling he liked you anyways."

"Really?" She tilted her head, giving me a confused look.

"Yeah! It was so obvious!"

"Wow, I never picked up on that." She smiled and shrugged.

"That's because you're lame," Remi jokingly said, grinning.

"Hey!" Lauren jokingly smacked her arm.

"I'm just kidding!" She laughed.

"You three are weird," Raj said, shaking his head.

"Says the guy that eats at a bakery shop every day," I said, rolling my eyes.

"So you want me to stop coming?" He raised his eyebrows.

"No, of course not!" I noticed him giving me an amused smile. "I mean, we don't want to lose you as a customer."

"Sure, okay." He had a smug smile on his face.

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"The Fault In Our Stars?" Remi interrupted.

"Exactly what I was thinking!" Lauren said, grinning.

"Girls, please pay attention," Mr. Bentley said sternly.

"Sorry, Mr. Bentley," Lauren said, giving him a pouty face.

"Oh please," Remi muttered, and Raj and I laughed.

We decided to stay on Mr. Bentley's good side, to not talk so much, or at least not as loud.

During lunchtime, Lauren and Felix had decided to eat by themselves right outside of the cafeteria.

"Guess what," Takara said, grinning as she set her tray on the table and sat down.

"What?" I said.

"I got the job at Charlotte Russe!" She beamed.

"Congrats!" I grinned. "Did they just call you?"

"Yup." She giddily nodded. "I start work today after school."

"That's awesome! Hope it goes well."

"So where's the brand new couple?" She looked around, trying to see where they were.

"They're having lunch by themselves," I replied.

"I wonder how they're acting around each other," Remi said with a grin on her face.

"No, Remi, you're not going to crash their first date." I gave her a warning look. Whenever Remi grinned, she usually was going to do something mischievous.

"Aw." Her face fell.

"What are we doing in Mr. Bentley's class today?" Takara asked.

"Taking notes," I replied.

"Not too bad." She smiled. "I definitely don't want to do any essays or anything."

"Same." We high fived and laughed.

Before we knew it, the bell rang and then we went to our classes.

**********

A/N: So Lauren and Felix are officially dating now, yay! :)

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7M 74.9K 22
(Sample. Watch out for the official book release on January 31, 2015!) The women in Brianne Montgomery's family have a curse. And she isn't going t...
154K 11.7K 13
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
108M 2M 59
**Unedited, messy & with lots of mistakes. But you will still swoon if you give it a chance lol (but you've been warned)** After a bad breakup, Emily...
770K 68.1K 36
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...