Painful Beauty

By Believe01

This book is about Braylee Wright aka Carter. Braylee's a sixteen year old girl with a hard enough life alrea... More

Painful Beauty
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Authors Note:
Chapter 52:

Chapter 46:

17.5K 429 30
By Believe01

Chapter 46:

"Do you have to go?" I whine holding tightly to his waist.

Wolf runs his hands through my tangled hair with a sigh. "Believe me Cupcake I don't want to go in either but I'll only be gone two hours tops. Got to your parents while I'm gone or hang out with the A team."

Chuckling at the use of our nickname for the girls I look up at him. "When you get home we should watch a movie."

Wolf chuckles and I sit up so he can. He rises off of the bed and states "We can do what ever you'd like Cupcake." he gives me a soft kiss and then goes into the bathroom to get a quick shower.

I stretch with a yawn and wipe the sleep from my eyes. Wolf had to go into work early today since he didn't go in at all yesterday. We were having a family day since it was Friday and we hadn't got to do anything family-ish in the last few weeks.

Wolf has been going into work a lot more since he is taking over the company in less than a few months. He has to learn all of the ropes to the company before he can take over. He already knows everything but to his dads best friend he thinks Wolf needs to be re taught everything before he is ready.

He's taking my man away from me and I really don't like it but I tolerate it because I know how much taking over the company means to Wolf. He wants to please his father so he wants to get everything right and I am supporting him as best I can. Some days like yesterday I beg him to stay home and he cant say no.

Who can blame me though for wanting to spend time with my blessing?

Avlee's cry comes through the baby monitor and I smile as I get up and walk to her room. She is twelve weeks old now and she has been sleeping great. She wakes up routinely at twelve three and seven through the night. Sometimes shell want to stay up and play but that's only for a few hours and then she is back to sleep. Through the day she is up all of the time besides for after she eats.

After she eats she doses off for thirty minutes to an hour and then when she wakes up she is a full ball of energy. She baby talks so much now I know that when she gets older she is going to talk no stop and ask tons of questions.

She's holding her head up awesomely now and I have to say it makes me sad when she does it. I still feel the need to support her head but I'm quickly reminded that it isn't needed when she lifts it to look at me.

My baby loves her tummy time, she gets really amused with her upper arm strength. She can push off of the ground with her arms and chest and do mini pushups it is so adorable how she just laughs and giggles enjoying it so much.

Sometimes she gets really fussy and she just wants to be soothed so Wolf and I had to get her pacifiers that were made like my breast. I didn't want her to have one at first but I realized that she needed one because i cant hold her all of the time. I may want to hold her all of the time but some times she has to be independent. She loves having her passie and playing with her toys.

"Hi baby girl." i coo when i get to her room and she her head turned toward the door as she waits for me to come in.

When she sees me her cry's stop and she beams at me showing me her gums. "Was my baby girl missing her momma?" i ask with a coo lifting her from her crib.

Wolf and i usually like her sleeping with us but since we have started interacting we though it would be better if she slept in her own room. Also she is starting to get older and we thought it would be easier to break her from sleeping with us now than later.

Avlee smiles and makes noise in the back of her throat as she tries to talk to me. "Oh really now?" i ask encouraging her to talk more. I heard its good for them when you talk and encourage them to talk.

Getting back to Wolf and I's room i lay back down on the bed and lay Avlee tummy down on my chest. She looks me over in intrest as she bolls her hands in my tank top. I smile at her showing her my teeth and she mimics me showing off her pink gums. "Are you a happy baby?"

Avlee screeches happily and swoops down sucking my shirt into her mouth. "What does that mean?" Wolf asks interested as he walks from the bathroom. Shrugging i look up at him as he drys his hair with a towel. "Do you think she's hungry?"

"She smacks her lips and her ears get red when she's hungry." i remind him and he nods already knowing this.

"Maybe since she is getting older she is changing her signs." He suggests and i frown looking back at my baby girl.

"Maybe." i mumble looking at the clock. She just ate an hour ago but you never know she could be hungry again. Shrugging i sit up and lift my shirt putting her to my chest. She takes for a second and then rejects.

I pull my shirt back down and furrow my brows looking at her as she sticks her tongue out at me. "What do you want?" i ask her softly. She talks back to me willingly so i just shrug and sit back against the head board placing her on her stomach on the bed.

She's not crying so i know that she's not hurting and she doesn't need changed. "Can she be teething?"

"I don't think so." i mumbles slowly because i am really confused over the whole baby thing. I am seventeen and a first time mother so i don't really know anything about baby's.

Wolf mumbles something about Google while he is in the closet getting ready for work. When he comes back out he grunts and says "Google says a baby can start teething as early as three months."

Impressed i nod wide eyed "What do we do to help that?"

Wolf frowns and continues looking at the phone. "A teething ring or it say you can sooth the soreness by running your finger over the gums for two minutes." Wolf looks up at me and states "I'll stop by Wal-Mart on my way home."

Gratefully i give him a smile and stand to give him a goodbye kiss. "I love you and ill see you later."

"Two hours." he mumbles against my forehead. "I love you beautiful." Wolf gives Avlee a kiss and then he leaves the house to get to work.

.

"You are so beautiful." Momma coos bringing Avlee up to lay on her chest. Avlee beams at her looking all over her face for a while before she brings her face to mommas chin and gums at it. Avlon is shocked a second as she looks upon my little girl. "When did she start doing this?"

"This morning." I state with a chuckle. "We were just laying there when she starts knowing on my shirt."

"She's getting more adventurous." Avlon acknowledges cooing at my baby girl. "Is my grand baby learning?" she coo's with a bright smile. All of a sudden she winces and closes her eyes tightly worrying me.

"You okay?" i ask concerned taking Avlee from her.

Momma holds her side and nods sitting up off of the pillows so she can breathe better. "I've had two today." she tells me truthfully and my eyes widen with shock. If they are coming so close now that means that she is about to be in labor.

"Have you told Dallas?" i ask quickly and she shakes her head "I'm going to go get him."

"Braylee." she says a little breathless. "I'm fine."

Rising i shake my head and says "Sorry mom but i cant ignore it."

Avlon gives me a loving smile and says "If you think i need him then go ahead baby, its better to be safe than sorry."

I smile gratefully and cradle Avlee as i leave the room in search for my father.

When i finally find him he's out at the barn laughing Wayne. "Braylee Ma'am." Wayne says tipping his ha respectably when i come into his sights.

"Wayne." i say just as kindly inclining my head to him. "Daddy." i say coming close to him. "Momma is having contractions." i tell him seriously and he goes into full on panic mode.

His eyes widen and he starts breathing heavily. It looks like he's about to pass out with how white his face is getting. "Daddy." i say calmly trying to get him to settle down.

"It's to early." he mumbles wide eyed looking into space.

Softly i rub his back trying to sooth him and say "Daddy its early but way longer than the doctor said."

"Your right. That's true." he mumbles trying to comprehend what is going on.

"Daddy do you think she needs you?"

Right when i say she needs him he snaps out of his trance and runs out of the barn. Wayne and i chuckle and watch him run to the house. I knew that would get him out of the shock, any time she needs him he puts down what he is doing immediately and tends to her every wish.

"Reckon you should go with?" Wayne asks me.

Shaking my head with a smile i state "I'll go after the baby's are here, i don't like leaving Avlee."

Wayne nods in understanding "I reckon i'll call ma lady and then well head out after their born also."

"I'm gonna go call everyone." i say with a beaming smile and Wayne tips his hat at me telling me to have a blessed day as i walk out of the barn.

I call Walter and Eva and they both shout in my ear with excitement asking me all kinds of questions that i don't have the answer to. When i finally get off of the phone with them i call my husband.

"Hey beautiful." he greets when he answers the phone.

"Avlon is having contractions." i shout excitedly over the line. Avlee jumps in shock from her place on the floor and i apologize to her.

"Wow." Wolf says totally shocked. "How is she doing?"

"I don't know." i mumble running my hands through my hair. It's really hard not knowing what is going on with my momma.

"Why aren't you there?" he asks confused.

"Hospitals are sickly and i don't want Avlee to be exposed to that just yet."

"I'll be on my way so you can go and be with your mom." he says seriously and i hear papers being shuffled.

"I figured we could just go in after everything is settled down." By that time Eva will probably be home and i am sure she wouldn't mid keeping Avlee for a few hours. Eva is the only other other that i will leave Avlee with because Avlee is really close with Eva.

Eva is kinda like her second grandma but i know that she could never reach where Avlon is in Avlee's eyes. Avlee loves her nana to pieces, you can tell by the way she examines her and by the way she giggles and talks to her.

"I'm still coming home now so i can be with my girls."

Beaming i state "Get everything that needs done, done Wolf. I know what this means to you."

Wolf sighs and says "I'll do it at home later tonight. I love you Cupcake and ill see you in about an hour."

To get home from town it takes thirty minutes we live in the sticks, to get home from work it takes an hour because Wolf works twenty minutes out of town into another town. It's a lot of driving and i would suggest we move if i didn't love the house and if it didn't use to be Wolf's parents.

"Love you to baby see you when you get home."

.

When Wolf got home it was about six hours until we herd a call from anyone. When we got to the hospital i understood why.

Baby Aiden was five pounds exactly and baby Nadia wasn't even close to five pounds. Their both hooked up to incubators with tubes and wires coming out of them from every which way.

"Lord shield and protect them. Comfort them now Lord along with my parents in their time of need. Strengthen them to get through all that they face. We thank you Lord and we know you wouldn't put them through more than they can bare." Wolf mumbles as we look through the little window to the twin's room.

I sniffle and wipe my cheeks when the tears start to fall. They look so helpless and sick but i know that with God all things are possible. Never would he have Avlon carry them all the way through and the take them from her when he told Daddy that it was their time.

"They'll be fine beautiful, God's got them." Wolf whisper to me squeezing my waist lightly in support.

"I know but they just look so helpless."

Wolf grunts and states "You would be surprised by the glory of God. Today they could look helpless and tomorrow they could be ready to go home. Keep your faith baby because with it anything is possible."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 118 20
What should I do? I don't want to be fat... Evan Day is bulumic. He also runs on the high school cross country team. These two are not making a good...
953 102 13
Book 6 in the It Just Happened Series. You can read this as a stand alone, but there will be some parts that might be referenced from the other books...
12.6K 259 11
Skylar, aka Sky Jones seems like your typical 20 year old. But, she listens. Her honey blonde hair, beautiful features and bright blue eyes might see...
136 9 7
The journey continues with a young girl who is troubled by someone from her past. No one to talk to... Nowhere to hide... She's alone... Until she...