Drogheda | Book 1

By xBlueAvenue

Drogheda (Dra-ha-da). Emma Swan, a freshman in college, has just started attending "Drogheda Institution of F... More

1. Diamond in the Rough
2. Out For Coffee
3. First Day Of School
4. Anger, Lust, and Caring
5. Always Protecting
6. Friendly Dinner
7. Cold Drogheda
8. Uncertain Feelings
9. Family And A Lost Girl
10. Nothing More, Nothing Less
11. Our Story Starts Here
12. Breaking Point
13. Recovery, Discharge, and Comfort
14. Worried About You
15. Heartache
16. Into Darkness Or Light?
17. Home Alas
18. A Christmas Wish
19. Verklempt And Abience
20. Alharaca
21. Date Night
22. Forgiveness Asked For
23. A Secret Illness
24. Transferring To London
25. Confidential Information
26. Good Days
27. Worsening Stature
28. Infernal Joy
29. Welcome Home
31. Uncommon Love
32. Right Answer, What Question?
33. "Annual Family Beach Day"
34. Moving Wonders
35. Finding Lost Treasures
36. Drunken Mistakes
37. Drapetomani and Cingulomania
38. A Little Push
39. Happy To Be Home
40. Ruining Moments
41. Visiting Hours
42. Opening Up
43. Blast To The Future
44. Books Ahoy!
45. Damsel In Distress
46. Comforting A Sorrowful Princess
47. Jealousy Flares
48. Talking Things Over
49. Loving Connection and Brothers Generosity
50. Date Night
51. Dreams Of A Alternative Reality
52. Embarrassing Moments
53. Facing It Together
54. Pushed Away By The One You Love Most
55. Gone
56. Five Or Nothing
57. Positive Or Negative
58. Happier Than Can Be
59. Tears Of Joy, Or Tears Of Fear
60. I.C.U.
61. Depressed Emotions
62. Attempt Number...
63. Reunion
64. Shattered Anxiety
65. Love, Home, Names
66. Lies
67. Heartache, Heartbreak, Heartbeat
68. Heart Drug
69. Hospital Visits
70. Recovery
71. Planning
72. Hopeful Flutters
73. Eitilte
74. Nua-Eabhrac
75. Panic Disorder
76. Iontas thaisme
77. Aftermath Proposal
78. Happily Home
79. Tá tú Fucking leathcheann
80. Mistake After Mistake
81. Complications?
82. Our (Not) So Perfect Family
83. Home Again
84. Break In
85. Family
86. Crawling Into My Arms
87. Raised The Right Way?
88. Songs Of The Broken
89. Star Photography
90. A Night Alone
91. Dream turned Nightmare
92. Liam Jones, Injured, Coma
93. Intimate Relationship
94. A Death In The Family
95. Awakening
Second Book (has been out)
NEW BOOK!!!
250K

30. Jones To The Rescue

4K 219 113
By xBlueAvenue

Emma's POV

Killian and I go our separate ways for school. I kiss him goodbye and run to my first class. All goes well until after lunch.

I walk down the hall as I'm pulled into a corner. I see Jefferson staring at me with a wicked smirk on his face. "So, Emma, how did your parents deal with you being sick- oh, wait, that's right, you don't have any." Tears gather in my eyes as he takes a step closer to me. "You'll never be worth anything, so don't think your pretty boy boyfriend will be with you forever. It's just a matter of time before he leaves you." With that last sentence sung, stinging my ears, my fist collides with his nose, causing a steady stream of blood to follow and cuts to appear on my knuckles.

I step back and look at my hand. I leave Jefferson and continue on with my day.

_________________________________________________________________

I walk through the door of our dorm and see Killian standing in the kitchen. "Hey, beautiful. How was school?" He asks, walking over to me.

"Same old, same old." I wrap my arms around his neck as he puts his hands on my hips.

"Well, I guess that's a good thing." He smiles. I stand on my tip toes and kiss him softly. He kisses back with a smile plastered across his rough features. "Made dinner if you're hungry." He backs away from me and walks to the kitchen.

"Famished." I follow. I wrap my arms around his waist from behind. I lay my head on his back and close my eyes, just holding him close. I can feel the smile dancing across his lips.

He turns around so our fronts are pressed together. "For the lady." He holds out a plate of food.

"Thank you, kind sir." I play along. He chuckles. I place the plate on the table and walk to my dresser. I pull out a red sweater. I change and walk back to the table where Killian has already sit down. I sit across from him and we both start to eat. The sleeve to the sweater rides up my hand, revealing my cut knuckles.

Killian stops eating. "Swan, what happened?" He gets up and walks over to me. I pull the sleeve down.

"Nothing," I look down.

"Don't you dare lie to me." He says sternly. I look down. "Emma, tell me what happened." He squats down. "Please," he says softly.

"Jefferson." He sighs.

"He did this to you?" He takes my hand.

"Not exactly... He... he said some things about my parents and you abandoning me, and well, I might have punched him." I hesitantly look at him. A huge smile plays across his face. I look at him with a confused expression.

"That's my girl." He says proudly. I bite my lip and smile. I look down as my hair falls in front of my face. He tucks a strand behind my ear and leans up and kisses my softly. It slowly becomes more passionate. I smile and put my hands in his hair, holding him in. He tries to pull back but I keep kissing him. I stand up. He presses me against the wall. I giggle which breaks it. He smiles as I open my eyes. He puts his forehead to mine and takes my cut hand. He brings it to his lips and gently kisses it. I smile.

I pull him towards his bed. He raises his eyebrow at me. "Stop that!" I hit his arm. He just smiles. I roll my eyes and sit on the edge.

"Come here." He holds out his hand once again. I take it and stand up. He walks to the couch and sits down. He pats his lap, signaling for me to sit. I do as he says and sit in his lap. I lay my head on his shoulder and melt into him. He wraps his arms around me and turns on the t.v. I close my eyes and block out everything except him. He kisses my hair. I can feel his smile against my skin. I smile and slowly fall asleep with the scent of my lover lingering around the cozy dorm. Hope of a happy life lives in the walls of this home, along with love filled hearts.

_________________________________________________________________

I wake up the next afternoon next to Killian in his bed. I sit up, not knowing how I got here. I look over at my peacefully sleeping boyfriend. I smile. 'It was you, wasn't it?' I say in my head. I kiss his head and get out of bed. I go to my dresser and pull out a maroon red dress that stops about mid-thigh.

I walk to the bathroom and do my makeup and hair. I walk back to his bed as he starts to wake up. "Well, hello there, sleepy head." I smile. He smiles and rolls onto his stomach. I sit on the edge of the bed and rub his back. "Are you going to get up?" I ask, giggling.

"Nope,"

"Thought so." He grabs me and rolls me onto my back.

"Hey! I just got ready!" He rolls his eyes. "Get off of me!" I try to push him. He looks at me, raising his eyebrow. I give up and just look into those gorgeous blue eyes. "Is there a reason you're sitting on top of me?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Aye," he crashes his lips to mine without any warning. I lay there shocked for a moment but soon kiss back. He pulls back. I giggle. "What?" He smiles. I put my finger to his lip and wipe away a little lip stick.

"And that's what happens when you kiss me without warning." I laugh.

"Well, it was well worth it." I blush. He chuckles. He looks down at my attire. "Are you going somewhere?" He asks.

"Yeah, Red and Mary Margaret are throwing a 'welcome home party' which basically means go out and drink."

"You can drink as long as you don't bring anyone else home." He smirks.

"Never." I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Remember, love, you still recovering, so please, don't try and get drunk." He says in a begging tone.

"I'm not going to try and get drunk but you know how persistent Red can be."

"True. But please be careful." I smile at his pleading tone. "Promise me you'll be careful." He s says sweetly.

"I promise I will be careful." I kiss his lips softly. "But don't be surprised if I have a massive hangover tomorrow." I giggle.

"I first kissed you when I was hungover." He taps my nose. "Do you remember?"

"Of course, how could I forget?" I smile. He kisses me.

"And now we're here."

"Yep," I sigh contentedly.

"I should probably let you get dressed." He sits up, pulling me with him.

"Yeah," I kiss him and hop off the bed. I go back to the bathroom to reapply my lipstick. As soon as I'm done there's a knock on the door. Killian opens it revealing Red and Mary Margaret.

"Hey, Em." They both say.

"Hey, guys." I smile.

"You ready to go?" They ask.

"Yeah," I smile and grab my bag. "Bye," I kiss Killian.

"Bye, sweetheart." He smiles. "Be good." He whispers.

"I will." I giggle.

"Alright, you two, come on." Red says. I laugh and walk out of the dorm.

Killian's POV

I walk up the steps to my parents house where Liam said to go. I open the door. As soon as I do, my mother embraces me with a tight hug. "Hey, Mum." I smile as I hug back.

"Oh, I missed you."

"I missed you too." She pulls back.

"How has Emma been?" She asks.

"Better. Still recovering, but better."

"Speaking of the lass where is she?" Liam asks, walking to us.

"She's with her friends tonight."

"Oh... she's my new favorite." I roll my eyes.

"Am I that easy to replace?" I joke.

"Of course not. Stop teasing your brother, Liam." Our mother scolds. Liam sticks his tongue at me. "You two never grew up." She rolls her eyes and walks to our father.

"And this surprises you?" I ask, jokingly.

"Of course not."

"I need a drink." I walk to the kitchen and grab the bottle of rum. I get a glass. I pour it in and sit on the couch.

"Excuse me?" My mother snatches it out of my hand.

"Mum," I whine.

"What do you think you're doing-"

"Mum, I'm twenty-one ya know." I smirk.

"Oh, right." She smiles, embarrassed. She hands it back to me.

"Thank you." I take a sip as Liam sits next to me.

"Speaking of your birthday." My father says.

"Oh, no." I laugh.

"You didn't honestly think we would forget, did you?" Liam laughs.

"Well, I certainly hoped you would."

"You're my little brother, I would never forget." I roll my eyes.

_________________________________________________________________

A few hours later my phone starts ringing. I take it out of my pocket and look at the callers ID. it's Emma. I swipe the answer button and put it up to my ear.

"Hello, love." I say smiling.

"Killian," I can tell she's crying. My smile quickly disappears. I stand up and start to pace the room.

"Love, what's wrong?"

"I don't know where I am. Ruby and Mary Margaret aren't with me. I got drunk and I woke up wherever I am."

"Calm down, Swan, I'm coming to get you."

"Please hurry, I'm scared."

"It's alright, Emma. Is there anything around you that could help me find you?"

"Um..." she pauses. "I'm at O'Donoghue's Bar."

"You're in Dublin. Stay where you are, get something to eat, and I'll pay for it when I get there."

"Please hurry."

"I'm on my way."

I hang up and grab my jacket. I run to the door. "Wait, Killian!" Liam runs after me. "What's going on?" My parents follow.

"Emma's in trouble, I have to go."

"I'm coming."

"Liam-"

"I care about Emma, and Ruby could be in trouble too." He says sternly.

"Alright, fine, hurry up then." I open the door and run to my car. He runs to the passengers side and hops in.

_________________________________________________________________

We pull up to the bar that Emma said she was at. We run into the building. I see her sitting at a corner booth with a empty plate of food. "Emma," she shoots her head up and stands up. I run to her and embrace her in a tight hug.

"I'm so happy you're here." She cries.

"You scared the hell out of me." I pull back and cup her cheeks. "Come on, let's go home." I put cash on the table and grab her bag for her. She clings to me too keep from falling. I wrap my arm around her waist. She leans on me for support. I get her to the car and put her in the back seat. "Liam, can you drive?" I ask.

"Aye," he gets in the drivers seat and starts the car. I slide in next to her. "Are you alright, love?"

"No, no I'm not." I put my arms around her. "I don't know what happened to me. I don't know how I got there. I was so scared." She shakes in my arms.

"It's okay, sweetheart. I'm here. Nothing is going to happen to you." She cries into my shoulder. "Shh, it's alright. You're safe." She tucks her head in the crook of my neck. She puts her legs over mine. I put my hand on her thigh and the other around her back. She silently cries into my neck.

Liam looks at us through the mirror. I look back, giving a small smile. He returns it.

_________________________________________________________________

I drop Liam off at his place and see Ruby through the window. Emma and I get out. Ruby runs out of the house embracing Emma. "I'm so sorry, I'm so, so sorry, Emma." She cries and pulls back. "Mary and I lost you. We tried calling you but you weren't picking up. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Red."

"You must've been so scared." She cries even harder.

"Red, I said, it was okay. I promise I'm okay now." She reassures her.

"Thank god!" She hugs her again. Liam runs to Red.

"Are you okay?" He asks, scanning her

"I'm okay." She smiles taking his hands. Emma walks to me. I pull her in for a kiss.

"Can we go home?" She asks.

"Come on," I take her hand. "We're heading home." I say to Liam.

"Bye, be safe." He waves.

"We will."

_________________________________________________________________

Emma and I walk into our dorm at 2:00 A.M. I take her jacket from her shoulders and hang it up. She sits on the edge of the bed. I walk over too her. In the glistening light of the moon, I see Emma's tears slowly falling down her cheeks. The loneliness and fear placed in her eyes is indescribable. The loneliness coating her features, making those once forest green eyes, dull and colorless. Fear crosses her, taking over every inch of her body, making her shake uncontrollably.

I make my way to her bending down in front of her. She looks out the window, watching. The small pond. Again, tears flow from her perfect eyes, over her rosy cheeks.

I pull her into my arms, allowing her to sob into my shoulder. I lay down with her still attached to me. I hold her close, never letting her go. Hoping she knows I'm here, and I'm never leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1.4K 16
AU Captain Swan fanfiction, from Emma's 1st person point of view. Emma Swan, a foster child without any roots has been going to the same school for t...
156K 11.1K 46
Emma Swan is a troubled 17-year-old teenager who just recently was welcomed to a new foster family in the other side of the country, which means new...
98.1K 4.5K 59
Emma Swan runs a successful bakery in New York. Along with her son Henry, she seems to live a pretty normal life. Until one day Killian Jones walks i...
40.4K 2.9K 40
Emma Swan works at a bakery near her old apartment. Then one day, she gets fired. Unable to afford her apartment, she goes searching for a new job. K...